PDA

View Full Version : December Use Year Question

boymom2
01-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Okay,
I know that this topic has been beaten to death on this board but we just bought our first points at SSR with a December Use Year (Yippee! :woohoo: ) and I want to make sure I completely understand the significance of December.
May I ask for the simple pros and cons of a December Use Year? Most of our Disney travel will be done in the March timeframe for awhile.
Everyone on this board has been SO helpful. Thank you in advance! :goodvibes

PamOKW
01-17-2007, 09:42 PM
The only time Use Year really "matters" is if you have a late cancellation of a trip that is close to the end of your Use Year. For a December Use Year, this would mean cancelling a trip you have planned for October or November. When you cancel such a trip in late September on, you are past the deadline for banking the points and are running out of or may be out of options for using the points for anything other than a DVC resort.

While over the course of ownership your traveling may change, March trips will not have this problem. If you cancel prior to the 31 days, you would be able to rebook a trip, use another non-DVC option or bank the points.

The other tricky thing with a December Use Year is keeping straight your Use Year vs. the calendar year but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it quick enough.

byoung
01-18-2007, 07:02 PM
I have no problem with my Dec points.