View Full Version : top 5 things to do in San Diego..other than SW/Zoo/WAP
01-17-2007, 06:28 PM
So, please tell me your top 5 things to do/see in San Diego other than Sea World, Zoo and WAP or Legoland. Can be dining, shopping, attractions, whatever.
We'll be having a family vacation, with my three kids who will be 5, 10 & 12.
01-17-2007, 08:35 PM
- Balboa Park (where the zoo is) has lots of interesting museums. The Ruben Fleet Science Museum and the model train exhibit come to mind.
- The Point Loma Lighthouse is rather scenic.
- Various beaches - http://www.sandiego.gov/lifeguards/beaches/
Take a harbor tour or the water taxi over to corando island.
01-18-2007, 01:13 AM
- Visit Prospect Street/Coast Blvd South in La Jolla. Walk along the greenbelt and watch the seals at the Children's Pool.
- Visit the San Diego Aircraft Museum on Harbor Drive: http://www.midway.org
- Take the SEAL tour: http://www.sealtours.com/
- Visit Seaport Village: http://www.spvillage.com/
- Visit Horton Plaza by the Gaslamp Quarter Downtown. The stores are pretty much what you'll find in any mall, but the mall layout is unique.
- Visit the Hotel del Coronado...spend time on the beach next to it.
- Try a Fish Taco at Rubios or Fins:
- Balboa Park and its museums (already mentioned)
- Visit the Museum of Making Music, near Legoland: http://www.museumofmakingmusic.org/
If I think of anything else, I'll edit it into this post. Have a great time!
01-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks, all. We're going to be there the first week in April, staying at my parents. We plan to do Midway and Sea World, but haven't gotten to far with anything else.
What's Old Town like? I've seen it mentioned a few times.
01-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Tour the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista
01-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Seaport Village is cool though very touristy-lots of cool little shops/boutiques. Expect pricey. They have the best little shop that sells ceramic tiles for all sorts of uses-I still have mine framed in my kitchen. Lots of neat kids shops too like kites, toys, personalized things like banks, shelves, footstools, etc.
Hotel del Coronado is cool-we walked around the hotel and the pictures are so fun to look at.
Old Town is fun and can't be missed. Great food, historical displays, lots of Mexican shops (and non mex), live music, and of course you have to eat there! It can be really busy but we went in the summer both times so April is probably slower?
La Jolla is upscale and fun to visit. great beaches and more boutiques. Fine dining too
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.