PDA

View Full Version : What is there to do in Palm Springs?

Sherri
01-17-2007, 03:48 PM
I hear that Palm Springs is beautiful. We are staying a week at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, then onto a Week in Palm Springs. I'm not sure what there is to do there that teenagers might enjoy. My dh and I thought it would be a lovely area to see. I was just wondering as far as day trips, what are some suggestions for a 14 and 15 year old? Thanks

iceskatejen
01-17-2007, 04:37 PM
I can only think of 2 things in the area that teens might enjoy--the Palm Springs Aerial tram and the Living Desert. Other than shopping and those two things, Palm Springs would be pretty boring for teens. I guess if they like swimming and hanging out by the pool, they'll be quite happy with that.

Sherri
01-18-2007, 08:07 AM
I can only think of 2 things in the area that teens might enjoy--the Palm Springs Aerial tram and the Living Desert. Other than shopping and those two things, Palm Springs would be pretty boring for teens. I guess if they like swimming and hanging out by the pool, they'll be quite happy with that.

Thanks for the info. How far is the closest beach to Palm Springs? I guess we should have thought of this stuff before we booked.

iceskatejen
01-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Palm Springs is very inland, in the middle of the desert--you're much closer to the beach at DL. It's 2-3 hours to the beach from Palm Springs (on very crowded highways). If you choose to do the Aerial Tram, bring warm clothes--it can be 30 degrees cooler on top of the mountain than down on the valley.

Sherri
01-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Palm Springs is very inland, in the middle of the desert--you're much closer to the beach at DL. It's 2-3 hours to the beach from Palm Springs (on very crowded highways). If you choose to do the Aerial Tram, bring warm clothes--it can be 30 degrees cooler on top of the mountain than down on the valley.

We will do the Aerial tram definatly. Is there a website on it? Thanks.

iceskatejen
01-18-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm sure there is. You can google it or find the Palm Springs tourist info site and I'm sure there's info there.