PDA

View Full Version : Transfer once a calender year or UY?

keishashadow
01-17-2007, 09:33 AM
kids want to use my points (ha) to make a ressie, need an add-on lol...

Qs:

1) is the now-enforced transfer rule once...

*per calendar year (in which I initiate it)

or

*per my UY

2) does it also effect the UY I'd bank into (as in the following UY & calendar year that'd they'd be staying)? as in a double whammy or transaction?

not sure if i posted clearly, hope someone gets what I'm trying to ask.:)

Starr W.
01-17-2007, 09:38 AM
I was thinking of the same question! Is it calendar year or UY.

WebmasterDoc
01-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Transfer restrictions are based on Use Year. We are allowed one per Use Year. You cannot transfer banked points though.

Usually, MS will only allow you to transfer points between the same Use Year (2006 into another 2006 , 2007 into another 2007 - without regard to the month involved).

Starr W.
01-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks Webmaster Doc! Figured it might have to be UY, since that is how they track points not by calendar year.

keishashadow
01-17-2007, 11:34 AM
thanks...

last year i was able to transfer points into the current UY...

then,

bank them to the next UY w/o issue (as long as they fit the ressie & 11 month window, my UY parameter etc.).

Has this been discontinued??

tor
01-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Transfer restrictions are based on Use Year. We are allowed one per Use Year. You cannot transfer banked points though.

Usually, MS will only allow you to transfer points between the same Use Year (2006 into another 2006 , 2007 into another 2007 - without regard to the month involved).

You can't transfer banked points but you can bank transfered points and in that case it should only affect the year it was transferred into

keishashadow
01-17-2007, 01:36 PM
You can't transfer banked points but you can bank transfered points and in that case it should only affect the year it was transferred into

good, i was hoping not to get "dinged" twice for the same transfer.