PDA

View Full Version : SSR promo deadline coming..anyone buy in?

disguy1
01-17-2007, 07:05 AM
the deadline for the SSR promo is very near. has anyone bought in during this promo? im very close to pulling the trigger!!:happytv:

phorsenuf
01-17-2007, 07:09 AM
the deadline for the SSR promo is very near. has anyone bought in during this promo? im very close to pulling the trigger!!:happytv:

Are you still on the fence?

disguy1
01-17-2007, 07:21 AM
well...im just waiting for the guide to call me.. he offered me August 06 points @86 per...i want to see if he will maybe push it back to like May or June

phorsenuf
01-17-2007, 07:26 AM
well...im just waiting for the guide to call me.. he offered me August 06 points @86 per...i want to see if he will maybe push it back to like May or June

Oh, you want a different use year. Last I heard it was December. Are they into August already? That was a fast jump!

disguy1
01-17-2007, 07:29 AM
well..i thought it would be better to get points back dated as far as possible, so I get new ones sooner!

Malibelle
01-17-2007, 07:30 AM
We decided we want in. We are going to call tonight! Does anyone know how long they are there in the evening?

disguy1
01-17-2007, 07:33 AM
not sure when they close today, but you have a couple days

PiperMickey
01-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Count me as on the fence!

So many questions in my head
Will I like DVC resorts (especially SSR) enough to forgo future trips to the Poly, WL(main resort) etc. (I have never seen it in person)
Will I be able to get ressies in HH for easter break at the 7 month window?
How many points?
What about splitting points between DVC resorts.

The amount of information on these boards is both a blessing and a curse :laughing:

phorsenuf
01-17-2007, 07:53 AM
We decided we want in. We are going to call tonight! Does anyone know how long they are there in the evening?

I'm not sure what there hours are but my guide always leaves his cell phone number on his message. Do you have a guide yet? PM me and I'll give you his name and number. If you need a referral too let me know.

formguy
01-17-2007, 07:54 AM
We are looking at signing up in the next day or two also, but we were told $91.00/pt. How did you get the $86.00/pt figure?

coasterbob
01-17-2007, 08:03 AM
We are looking at signing up in the next day or two also, but we were told $91.00/pt. How did you get the $86.00/pt figure?

You can only get the $86/pt with a DVC member referral. You can use us if you wish. I PMed you with some info.

Thanks, and good luck..........:goodvibes

Bob

phorsenuf
01-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Count me as on the fence!

So many questions in my head
Will I like DVC resorts (especially SSR) enough to forgo future trips to the Poly, WL(main resort) etc. (I have never seen it in person)

SSR is very nice. It's so peaceful and a very beautiful grounds, only to get better as the landscape matures. If you like the Poly though for its convenience to MK than SSR is not in very close proximity.

Will I be able to get ressies in HH for easter break at the 7 month window?

I'm not well versed with HH, sorry
How many points?

Well, to figure that out you need to look at your vacation habits. Figure out what room size would you book (studio, 1, 2 or 3 bedroom), what time of year and weekday/weekend since point values change. There is a link here to a points calculator that may help with that or discuss it with your guide and see what they may recommend. If yu end up going with a large contract I would suggest breaking it into smaller ones so you don't have all your eggs in one basket should you ever need/want to sell them off. [/Quote]
What about splitting points between DVC resorts.
You can buy reslaes at othe resorts either through Disney (may have to wait for something to become availabe) or buy a resale.

The amount of information on these boards is both a blessing and a curse :laughing:

I agree!

rogerram
01-17-2007, 08:05 AM
formguy, I sent you a PM with all the information you would need.
Goodluck,
Roger

Malibelle
01-17-2007, 08:07 AM
If I call today to get the ball rolling will they still honor the F&F rate even if all the paperwork is not complete and may not be complete by 1/20?

Lady V
01-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Oh, you want a different use year. Last I heard it was December. Are they into August already? That was a fast jump!

My mom bougfht in on Jan 6th and she was given December. Of course, she didn't ask for a particular month.

phorsenuf
01-17-2007, 08:10 AM
If I call today to get the ball rolling will they still honor the F&F rate even if all the paperwork is not complete and may not be complete by 1/20?

As long as you give the initial $500. deposit, yes.

coasterbob
01-17-2007, 08:12 AM

Yes, you will be fine. All they need is a small deposit to get things started, via credit card if you wish.....

bridger71
01-17-2007, 08:37 AM
We signed up for 200 pts this past Saturday and chose August as our UY. We're in the midst of planning how to use/bank our '06 pts now. :banana:

formguy
01-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Wow, thanks everybody for the several referrals I got in just a few minutes.

Time to take the plunge. Wish us luck!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Carribean Beach 2001
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Poly 2004, 2005, 2006
SSR 1/2007 (right now!)

phorsenuf
01-17-2007, 08:59 AM

Carribean Beach 2001
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Poly 2004, 2005, 2006
SSR 1/2007 (right now!)

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

rogerram
01-17-2007, 09:05 AM

Carribean Beach 2001
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Poly 2004, 2005, 2006
SSR 1/2007 (right now!)
I'm sure you will get what you want. Goodluck and then we can all wish you a welcome home

coasterbob
01-17-2007, 09:19 AM

Carribean Beach 2001
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Poly 2004, 2005, 2006
SSR 1/2007 (right now!)

May the luck of the Irish be with you ......:shamrock:

Firebug
01-17-2007, 10:08 AM
We bought a 200 point contract with a Dec UY. We will start our first stay on Feb 25th.

FB

3DisneyKids
01-17-2007, 10:15 AM
We bought a 200 point contract with a Dec UY. We will start our first stay on Feb 25th.

FB

Then let me be the first to say....

WELCOME HOME!

Wishing you many magical vacations! :goodvibes

disguy1
01-17-2007, 03:44 PM
marilue..you will surely get the f & f rate till 1/20 even if its not completed

Mtnman44
01-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I just did!

barlitz
01-17-2007, 04:25 PM
300 points, Oct UY 06 points.. Booked for our first visit 2/23/07. Banking remainder for 08.:banana:

Mule2007
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I will make a decision by 1/20 -- looking for a referral name that is currently listed as member.

86 a pt seems fair at this time especially with Dec 2006 available -- I can double up for 2007

Please PM me if interested

Thanks,

Mule

coasterbob
01-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I will make a decision by 1/20 -- looking for a referral name that is currently listed as member.

86 a pt seems fair at this time especially with Dec 2006 available -- I can double up for 2007

Please PM me if interested

Thanks,

Mule

Just shot you a PM with some information.........good luck and let us know how you make out!

Mule2007
01-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info -- I can't reply via PM cuz of my post count

thanks for the PM from:

coasterbob and phorsenuf

Mule

forcemejure
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I thought my guide said Oct. 06 with points banked. Did she mean 05 points banked or just that I would get the 06 points?

I've been trying to get ahold of her for 4 days now. :mad:

Getting locked into one guide sucks!

letsgodisney
01-17-2007, 06:41 PM
yup we sure did, couldn't pass up the promo
L.I. Loves Disney :love: :love:

http://www.imageup.biz/uploads/b44082d09c.jpg (http://www.imageup.biz/)
http://www.imageup.biz/uploads/230f9251f6.jpg (http://www.imageup.biz/)

magsmom
01-17-2007, 08:17 PM
We bought another 120 points. I almost fell off my chair when I got the paperwork then the confirmation that we got February 2006 points and the 2007 points coming in a couple of weeks (we have a February UY).

CSUFSteve
01-17-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm very seriously considering buying-in. I have questions I posted in another thread, but $86/pt sure seems like a good deal. And I happen to have loved SSR. Stayed in a 1-bdr suite last June on an AP discount.

BTW, I'm thinking of Jan Use Year. Is that not a good use year? I sometimes like to go over New Year's or take a trip in January. I figure that based on that, Jan seemed like a good use year.

I am planning to take mom to F&G this year as she's never been but she's a teacher and only off during Spring Break (Apr 9-13). How likely is it I'd be able to get SSR then??

phorsenuf
01-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm very seriously considering buying-in. I have questions I posted in another thread, but $86/pt sure seems like a good deal. And I happen to have loved SSR. Stayed in a 1-bdr suite last June on an AP discount.

BTW, I'm thinking of Jan Use Year. Is that not a good use year? I sometimes like to go over New Year's or take a trip in January. I figure that based on that, Jan seemed like a good use year.

I am planning to take mom to F&G this year as she's never been but she's a teacher and only off during Spring Break (Apr 9-13). How likely is it I'd be able to get SSR then??

If you want to go that soon you'll want to call as soon as possible because I believe that is right around Easter. We booked the end of April last year with no problems. SSR is pretty big though.
I sent you a pm too with some info. Good luck on the decision. It's a big one but very exciting! We just love owning DVC.

CSUFSteve
01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
If you want to go that soon you'll want to call as soon as possible because I believe that is right around Easter. We booked the end of April last year with no problems. SSR is pretty big though.
I sent you a pm too with some info. Good luck on the decision. It's a big one but very exciting! We just love owning DVC.

Haha, I tried replying to you but since this is my 3rd post, I'm not allowed :-)

1st, thanks for your kindness! In short, there was another thread I posted questions in (I think the title was something like "questions and concerns fill my head"). If you have time, I'd love to have your feedback (or anyone's) on those.

phorsenuf
01-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Haha, I tried replying to you but since this is my 3rd post, I'm not allowed :-)

1st, thanks for your kindness! In short, there was another thread I posted questions in (I think the title was something like "questions and concerns fill my head"). If you have time, I'd love to have your feedback (or anyone's) on those.

You can email me if you want. I'll go check it out.

senecabeach
01-17-2007, 10:16 PM
CSUFSteve...

Welcome:cool1: PM Info comin your way..;)

amblackmon
01-17-2007, 10:38 PM
We just bought in today! We couldn't resist the deal. Now I just need to plan a trip....SOON!

4Pluto
01-17-2007, 10:45 PM

I don't believe that there is a January Use Year. I understood that the Use Years were February, March, April, June, August, September, October and December.

Good Luck with your purchase.

CSUFSteve
01-17-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't believe that there is a January Use Year. I understood that the Use Years were February, March, April, June, August, September, October and December.

Good Luck with your purchase.

Thanks for the clarification - good to know!

This group is just full of great info!!

senecabeach
01-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Also... remember UY's are important in banking/borrowing and have nothing to do with the time of year you vacation !!! :thumbsup2

forcemejure
01-17-2007, 11:31 PM
We're IN!!!! :cool1:

150 SS points and saving for 300 GC points when its released. Would have waited but I couldn't pass up $86/points. Wish we could have bought earlier! :thumbsup2

Wonder how much those will go for??

TammyAlphabet
01-17-2007, 11:39 PM
If you did a search of my previous posts, you will find that I am not the biggest fan of SSR. It is a lovely resort, and I do like it better than OKW, There are several others that I prefer, like BWV and BCV. Well, you could have knocked my guide over with a feather when she heard my voice message that said that I was ready to add-on at SSR before the end of the promo.

I know, I know, buy where you want to stay. I did that, at BWV. But I want to take off season trips to VB and HH, or least my golf loving hubby does. But the maintenance fees there are higher than SSR. AND, my husband CANNOT plan ahead. SO, the home resort advantage is nothing to him. So add me to the pot of last minute adder onners. Might as well get points while, as my southern mom used to say, while the getting is good. Ha!:banana:

forcemejure
01-18-2007, 12:39 AM
BTW, thanks for the PM's with guide offers! :)

Can't reply yet, but I appreciated it. Our guide is great, I was just REALLY impatient waiting for her to get back in the office and return my call. :rolleyes1

She says they're smokin' busy right now with everyone trying to get in before the promo is over. She also didn't know about the GC DVC, but maybe she had to say that?? :confused3 She was really shocked when I said they even had pictures of the surveryor's marks online.

Anyways, we put a deposit down on our points and I told her to get a sticky out and put me down for 300 GC as soon as they come up. Hope we get in there! :wizard:

We'll use the SSR points for DL hotel this year (19/night) and possibly SSR for our 10th anniversery at WDW next year. We do a lot of off-season travel, so later we can always use them for the odd mid-week trip here or there. Might even trade them for a week in Hawaii at some point. Woo Hoo!!!

I'm so excited!! :goodvibes

mamaprincess
01-18-2007, 08:33 AM
SSR is our home and we are absolutely mad about it so we took advantage of the promotion yesterday so that we could take longer trips and up our accomodations from 1br to 2. Our youngest is now 3 and will soon be wanting to vacation in her own bed!:goodvibes :thumbsup2 We did our add-on on the 17th (yesterday).:banana: :banana: :banana:

We have never in 4 trips in 3 years stayed anywhere else but SSR, however we do so love AKL and will probably tear ourselve away from SSR to try it once it's built out.:thumbsup2

CSUFSteve
01-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks to all of the information in this forum, I am THRILLED to say that I am now OFFICIALLY a DVC member.

I ultimately just couldn't say no to what I feel will be per-point price probably never to be seen again. Thanks to a friend's member referral, I indeed bought in for the $86/pt price.

So I'm at SSR with a Dec UY and 250 points (150 master, 50 add-on, 50 add-on). And, Suzi was awesome and called over to Member Services to hold a ressie for me for EASTER WEEK at SSR (Apr 8 - 15)!! Granted, they only had a studio available, but at least I'm booked!! I'll see about BCV or BWV waitlisting later, I'm just happy I have something booked!

Things had changed a little since I went on the tour. I didn't think Disney did closing costs but she said that was just added (still lower than resale, though). I also though Disney had a 0% for 12-months thing, but guess not. So I ended up having to take the 10-year loan b/c I didn't happen to have $8k available for the 1-year loan downpayment.

Question: I do have the $8k, I just wasn't expecting to need it so it isn't liquid. If I got in the next 10 days or so, could I ditch the existing loan and do the 1-year at 4.xx% instead of the 10-year at 10.75%??

But I am pretty friggin' excited right now - and you guys are the 1st to know!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP - whether it was advice given directly to me or not!!

barlitz
01-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I asked that same question when we purchased our points, I wasn't sure how much I wanted to put down, My guide told me once the contract is written and sent and if then if you decided to put down more money they would have to rewrite the contract. So we will just make extra payments towards the principal instead.There is no prepayment penalty.

phorsenuf
01-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks to all of the information in this forum, I am THRILLED to say that I am now OFFICIALLY a DVC member.

I ultimately just couldn't say no to what I feel will be per-point price probably never to be seen again. Thanks to a friend's member referral, I indeed bought in for the $86/pt price.

So I'm at SSR with a Dec UY and 250 points (150 master, 50 add-on, 50 add-on). And, Suzi was awesome and called over to Member Services to hold a ressie for me for EASTER WEEK at SSR (Apr 8 - 15)!! Granted, they only had a studio available, but at least I'm booked!! I'll see about BCV or BWV waitlisting later, I'm just happy I have something booked!

Things had changed a little since I went on the tour. I didn't think Disney did closing costs but she said that was just added (still lower than resale, though). I also though Disney had a 0% for 12-months thing, but guess not. So I ended up having to take the 10-year loan b/c I didn't happen to have $8k available for the 1-year loan downpayment.

Question: I do have the $8k, I just wasn't expecting to need it so it isn't liquid. If I got in the next 10 days or so, could I ditch the existing loan and do the 1-year at 4.xx% instead of the 10-year at 10.75%??

But I am pretty friggin' excited right now - and you guys are the 1st to know!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP - whether it was advice given directly to me or not!!

Congratulations! Glad you got that reservation too!

Paulieuk1969
01-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Were in, 220 points with a September 06 use year. :)

disfountainofyouth
01-19-2007, 07:40 PM
We added 135pts Feb UY this past December and turned around and
banked the '06 pts and then expanded our May '07 trip at BCV!:banana: :cheer2:

mrs3720
01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
I finally made the decision and bought in today @86 a pooint with August UY. Grandson is being born tonight so I'm sure we will get lots of use out of our membership. Go for it!!:banana:

BlakeNJ
01-19-2007, 11:06 PM
I finally made the decision and bought in today @86 a pooint with August UY. Grandson is being born tonight so I'm sure we will get lots of use out of our membership. Go for it!!:banana:

Congratulaions on your DVC membership--but more so on the birth of your grandchild!!!

Pennyguy23
01-20-2007, 12:04 AM

I have a Niece being born tonight. Congrats on the New purchase and Grandson.

Chocklatgurl
01-20-2007, 10:06 AM
I called the other day and made all of the arrangements. When I asked my guide before hanging up what financing we would get (preferred or standard) she said she didn't know but would check and call me back. She did call back and told us that we did not qualify for the preferred rate. Now, prior to this, I was sold on the purchasing the membership, but after being told that we had a "glitch" on our credit (which I've worked very hard to clean up over the past 5 years) I'm not sure if we're quite ready to take the plunge into such an expense especially if there is something that remains on our credit history that has not been cleared up. I just plain hate the idea of paying more for something than what it's worth. We have 3 kids who absolutely LOVE Disney and my husband isn't too good at planning vacations so I thought this would be a win-win situation for us and the kids. The thing is, my brother lives about 30 minutes away from Orlando and has plenty of room and thinks I should save the money and just stay with him. He doesn't get the idea that I don't want to go to Orlando every year.
Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? What did you decide?

phorsenuf
01-20-2007, 10:14 AM
I called the other day and made all of the arrangements. When I asked my guide before hanging up what financing we would get (preferred or standard) she said she didn't know but would check and call me back. She did call back and told us that we did not qualify for the preferred rate. Now, prior to this, I was sold on the purchasing the membership, but after being told that we had a "glitch" on our credit (which I've worked very hard to clean up over the past 5 years) I'm not sure if we're quite ready to take the plunge into such an expense especially if there is something that remains on our credit history that has not been cleared up. I just plain hate the idea of paying more for something than what it's worth. We have 3 kids who absolutely LOVE Disney and my husband isn't too good at planning vacations so I thought this would be a win-win situation for us and the kids. The thing is, my brother lives about 30 minutes away from Orlando and has plenty of room and thinks I should save the money and just stay with him. He doesn't get the idea that I don't want to go to Orlando every year.
Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? What did you decide?

Well, I don't know the difference between the preferred rate and another rate so I can't say much there. If you can swing it financially and it's what you want to do than what you can do is buy in but pay a little extra each month. It doesn't have to be much but it will reduce your principle and in the long run you'll pay less in interest. You can make these payments right online if you want. I suppose you could do a spreadsheet that would show the difference in interest costs over the life of the loan to give you an idea of how much extra to pay.
Another thing to is DVC does not show up on credit reports. They do not report to any of the agencies so if that was another concern you don't have to worry about that.
I don't know how much help I was, but hopefully a little! Good luck with your decision!

Caskbill
01-20-2007, 10:22 AM

For new members, 150 points minimum, with member referal, $15 discount = $86/point

For existing members only, 115 point minimum purchase, $15 discount = $86/point

For existing members only, 25 point minimum purchase, 114 point maximum purchase, $10 discount = $91/point

PiperMickey
01-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Is today the deadline?

(I know, nothing like waiting until the last minute...:scared1: )

phorsenuf
01-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Is today the deadline?

(I know, nothing like waiting until the last minute...:scared1: )

Yes today is the last day. If it's something you were thinking of doing a $500 deposit will hold your contract under the special pricing. This can be paid via a credit/debit card. The remaining downpayment doesn't have to be paid until you send back the final paperwork.

I sent you a PM with all the needed info should you be interested. Best wishes and good luck!

PiperMickey
01-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes today is the last day. If it's something you were thinking of doing a $500 deposit will hold your contract under the special pricing. This can be paid via a credit/debit card. The remaining downpayment doesn't have to be paid until you send back the final paperwork.

I sent you a PM with all the needed info should you be interested. Best wishes and good luck!

Great. And thanks for all the info.
As I said in my PM, one of the unspoken (or at least undervalued) benefits of the DVC is that it will force me to plan vacations every year before my kids (DD10 and DS8) are too old to appreciate it.
Life has a way of speeding by ...

P.S. Thank your son for his service. He is truly appreciated...

phorsenuf
01-20-2007, 11:20 AM
P.S. Thank your son for his service. He is truly appreciated...

Thank you so very much for that! He is out of Afghanistan in 5 days and when he comes home for R&R in February we are taking him and his new wife to the Beach Club for a week to unwind.
And that is one of the great benefits of owning DVC!

dbertola
01-20-2007, 11:35 AM
I can't decide what to do. We used to be owners,but sold. Now I 'm coming into a little bit of money so I want to buy again. We also own Marriott Vacation club in Myrtle Beach. Is it crazy to spend money on 2 timeshares?

phorsenuf
01-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I can't decide what to do. We used to be owners,but sold. Now I 'm coming into a little bit of money so I want to buy again. We also own Marriott Vacation club in Myrtle Beach. Is it crazy to spend money on 2 timeshares?

I hear alot of people do this. They use DVC for Disney related travel and then another timeshare they use for trading into other areas. If you love to travel to Disney than it only makes sense to own DVC.

PiperMickey
01-20-2007, 12:15 PM
What do you do if your guide isn't calling you back?:confused3

skibum
01-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Leave a message of what you want to do on their voicemail, with time and date, and I am sure you will get the deal when they become available.

phorsenuf
01-20-2007, 12:21 PM

I would call back and leave a very detailed message along the lines of;

Hi, this is XXX and I am calling because I want to purchase XXX amount of points at XXX under the Friends and Family promotion. I have a referral and their name is XXX(first and last name) from XXX(city and state). Please call me back at xxx-xxx-xxxx as soon as you can so I can purchase today before the promotion ends. If I do not hear from you by XXo'clock today I will have to contact another guide to make this purchase. Thank you and I look forward to hearing fom you soon.

How does that sound?

TammyAlphabet
01-20-2007, 12:30 PM

In addition to the information that you have already been given, I would also leave my credit card no., type of card visa, etc., and the expiration date so they can charge the deposit. Seems like when the last promo was ending, this was suggested by others to lock in the promo price.

vfinder1
01-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I bought in this month.. Can't wait to go in November! :)

mattnkatsmum
01-20-2007, 02:35 PM

I had this problem yesterday. Eventually I dialled the DVC number (800 9800 I think) and explained the position. Evidently, my guide is on a cruise so I'd have been waiting forever for her to get back to me. Disney put me in touch with a different guide and I now have my points.:banana:

disguy1
01-20-2007, 04:46 PM
I would like to thank everyone for there opinions & views on DVC. I really gave this a great deal of thought. There were positives as well as negitives concerning this promotion. For me, I feel its not a good thing to be in. Believe me, I spent alot of energy looking at the overall picture. I made lots of nice folks on here. Hope you all have much sucess now and always. Wayne

ZaccardoDM
01-20-2007, 04:57 PM
We just got back from WDW and loved it! I am hooked. We are joining the DVC but I need a referral name and the name of the city and state they are from. Can anyone help? I would not have known about this deal if it hadn't been for this discussion forum. When I told m y guide at DIsney, he said he would honor the friends and family deal but I need a referral name.

Please help!- Jusy send me a PM.

jjohnson
01-20-2007, 05:12 PM
We just got back from WDW and loved it! I am hooked. We are joining the DVC but I need a referral name and the name of the city and state they are from. Can anyone help? I would not have known about this deal if it hadn't been for this discussion forum. When I told m y guide at DIsney, he said he would honor the friends and family deal but I need a referral name.

Please help!- Jusy send me a PM.

PM sent. I hope to Welcome you Home soon!

PiperMickey
01-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Well, I called the general number and they had me in their system, as I had spoken to a guide last year. My guide is off today and the person I spoke to said she would send him a note that I wanted to buy in today and that would preserve the promotion for me.

I hope so:confused3

crazycajuns4disney
01-20-2007, 05:37 PM
We are new members and bought in under the F & F promo! We've already got our next trip planned. Yeah!! I read that someone was offered Aug use year. Thats an even better deal. We asked for a different UY but our guide said the only one available was Dec. I guess we didn't play enough hard ball!

crazycajuns4disney
01-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow Feb UY. Now that's a great deal.. I think I'm going to call my guide and ask him to explain why we couldn't get something different. We haven't closed yet and have only put down part of our deposit so I wonder if it would be too late to change.

ZaccardoDM
01-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks to everyone who sent me a referal. I would like to apply to each of you with a PM, however I do not have enough posts yet. Thanks again!

DZ in Texas

Zane_Anthony
01-21-2007, 10:46 AM
I did it...150 pts yesterday

Mom+4
01-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Paid the deposit last Wenesday. Still waiting for paperwork! Can't wait to start the real planning!:yay: :woohoo:

PiperMickey
01-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Was anyone able to buy in today and get the promo price?

I tried calling my guide Friday and Saturday and he was off. When I called DVC directly they said they would leave him a message to call me today and said I 'should' get the promo benefit.

'Should' doesn't make me that comfortable...

PiperMickey
01-22-2007, 02:12 PM
My Guid callede me back and said that because I left the message on Friday(and Saturday) he was able to offer me the promo price. :banana:

I got an Aug. UY

Now how to use those points :goodvibes

thanks for everyones help :thumbsup2

Starr W.
01-22-2007, 02:17 PM
My Guid callede me back and said that because I left the message on Friday(and Saturday) he was able to offer me the promo price. :banana:

I got an Aug. UY

Now how to use those points :goodvibes

thanks for everyones help :thumbsup2

Congrats PiperMickey!

Mule2007
01-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Glad I checked these forums -- the referral program was right up my alley

took advantage of the price and picked up 250 pts with Dec 06 UY on 1/19/07

resale market plus closing costs -- just couldn't compete with straight up deal with Disney at $86 per point for SSR.

Mule

abeyst
01-25-2007, 10:43 PM
I bought in!! 175 points! Got approved today and paperwork is on its way! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! (See, I had owned before at BWV and lost it in my divorce in 2004. I've been lost without it!)

First trip is being planned in December - I'm taking the family - all 10 of them!! I can't wait to show them why I think Disney and DVC is so great!

dbertola
01-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Are they still offering the F&F promo?

senecabeach
01-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Are they still offering the F&F promo?

Make the call...can't hurt!! Sent you a pm:goodvibes

jenstall
01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
I just got a postcard in the mail about the March price increase today and hopped online to check out what people were saying and I'm so bummed I missed out on this deal. I'm hoping that maybe I can talk my guide into it anyway though. I just left him a voicemail. Does anyone want to pm me their referral info just in case he can push it through at the F&F price??

Thanks!

Timon 50
01-26-2007, 03:51 PM
JUST PASSED ON 115 FOR A TOTAL OF 365
:cool1: :dance3: :cheer2:

PiperMickey
01-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm getting closer. Just got the hardcover book but no paperwork yet...

The waiting is tough.

dopey2
01-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I added 115 for a total of 375 points.

jenstall
01-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for sending me pm's with their referral details. I talked to my guide and he said it is not possible to get the promo. I ended up talking to another guide that someone referred me to, and she said she could probably do it, but that it would basically involve scheming and lying, which I'm not really willing to do so I'm going to go ahead and buy anyway. All in all, its only $700 or so and really, factored out over 50 years or so, not a big deal.

But thank you all for trying to help me out! I'm clearly going to have to spend more time on the Disboards in future so I know about these things!

greenban
01-26-2007, 08:03 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for sending me pm's with their referral details. I talked to my guide and he said it is not possible to get the promo. I ended up talking to another guide that someone referred me to, and she said she could probably do it, but that it would basically involve scheming and lying, which I'm not really willing to do so I'm going to go ahead and buy anyway. All in all, its only $700 or so and really, factored out over 50 years or so, not a big deal.

But thank you all for trying to help me out! I'm clearly going to have to spend more time on the Disboards in future so I know about these things!

Good for you. Lying and scheming is NEVER a good choice, it always bites you back (usually in the tush).

Hope to welcome you home soon!

-Tony

nnmmbj
01-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Hello is there anyway you could send me a referral. We did the walk thru last week and we have to inform our guide by tuesday if we plan to do the program. I would rather get the $86 price per point. Also is there a limit to how many times you sell your points without disney booting you out of the program. I was wanting to sell the first two years worth because I'm pregnant and do not want to visit again for a couple to three years.

Thank you for your help.

BlakeNJ
01-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Hello is there anyway you could send me a referral. We did the walk thru last week and we have to inform our guide by tuesday if we plan to do the program. I would rather get the $86 price per point. Also is there a limit to how many times you sell your points without disney booting you out of the program. I was wanting to sell the first two years worth because I'm pregnant and do not want to visit again for a couple to three years.

Thank you for your help.

I sent you a PM but I don't think with 2 posts you can receive PMs yet. If you'd like to use my name as a referrel, post a few more times and send me a PM. Good luck.

targuard
01-29-2007, 09:10 AM
what does a referal get the buyer and does it get the other party anyrhing?

senecabeach
01-29-2007, 09:27 AM
During an incentive period the buyer get the incentive price and the referree gets a small Disney reward.
It doesn't hurt and is good to use a referrer, when not used... Disney gets to not give and keep the "small" reward.;)

crk1971
01-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Can I still get the SSR promo, if I had inquired about it earlier this year?

nnmmbj
01-29-2007, 11:36 AM
hello I have to post three more times to send private messages so sorry to bother everyone but this is one.

nnmmbj
01-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Number 2

nnmmbj
01-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Alright this is the third, but I would like to say thank you for everyone sending me their names and addresses for the referral program. I will let everyone know hopefully by private message as well tonight. I think we are going to do the program. It seems to be a giant leap of faith on my part.

Jennifer

senecabeach
01-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Jennifer....
You will be very pleased with your DVC ownership, as we all are !!
Keep us posted!! :love:

Annieland
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey everyone. I've been using this board since 1999 (my account was deleted at some point) and I've mostly only been lurking the last few years, so pardon my newbie post count. I hope I can receive PMs as I really need a referral pronto. We just got back from our latest trip (WL Concierge) and my mom took the DVC tour. Her guide gave her a deadline of today to make a decision and we're really getting down to the wire. He offered her $91 per point, but made no mention of the referral promotion of $86. We're waiting for him to call back (he's been quite difficult to reach lately) and if he could honor the promotion, I'd like to have a referral in place (my only friend in the DVC recently sold her interest :().

So if anyone sees this soon, please PM me and I hope I can still use it! Thanks SO much! We're really getting excited over here... :D

Annie

senecabeach
01-29-2007, 04:58 PM
info pm'd your way..:thumbsup2

Lucille1963
01-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Woo Hoo! I just bought this weekend. 150 points at SSR with a August use year. I recieved the $86/pt rate for being a current Disneyland Annual Passholder. Our guide said that the deal is good for a couple more weeks.

We also recieved free APs for the first year! I can't wait to start planning our first trip. I'm so excited!!!

abeyst
01-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Woo Hoo! I just bought this weekend. 150 points at SSR with a August use year. I recieved the $86/pt rate for being a current Disneyland Annual Passholder. Our guide said that the deal is good for a couple more weeks.

We also recieved free APs for the first year! I can't wait to start planning our first trip. I'm so excited!!!

Congrats! Hey, how'd you swing the free APs? I just bought last week and didn't get any APs :( Did you have to ask for them? Who's your guide?

ahmo
01-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Do you have to buy in Disneyland or live in CA to get the free APs?

Lucille1963
01-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Congrats! Hey, how'd you swing the free APs? I just bought last week and didn't get any APs :( Did you have to ask for them? Who's your guide?

The free AP's seemed to be part of the deal. They are good for DL or WDW and we can wait as long as June 2008 (give or take a month, I don't have it in front of me). We bought on Saturday the 27th. Our guide was Lisa DeRosa, I have her number if you need it.

Do you have to buy in Disneyland or live in CA to get the free APs?

We bought while we were visiting DL, we live in Chicago.

I was told that the $86/pt for DL AP holders would be good for at least another week.

hope3702
01-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Did I leave 5$ on the table...I just bought at 91 (220) but I keep hearing about Friends and Family at 86...I did ask about it but said it wasn't available...Please let me know

greenban
01-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Did I leave 5$ on the table...I just bought at 91 (220) but I keep hearing about Friends and Family at 86...I did ask about it but said it wasn't available...Please let me know

Maybe.

F&F expired 01/20/2007.

When did you buy?

-Tony

hope3702
01-31-2007, 12:55 PM
2 Days Ago

senecabeach
01-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Too bad...8 days too late..sorry:sad2:

Now...The "Good News"

:dance3: Welcome Home :dance3:

hope3702
01-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks...Very excited about it...I almost bought at Atlantis on Resale but the more I learned about Disney club the more I like the idea...I just wanted to make sure I got all the incentives that I could...Thanks for the help