PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed in the Castle?

vhoffman
01-16-2007, 04:46 PM
princess:

Just wanted to know if anyone has actually stayed in the Castle. I understand they've renovated the Walt Disney apartment into a Cinderella suite and stays there are by invitation only. Apparently its some sort of contest--a family of four gets a one-night stay in the Castle!

Sounds interesting, but from the pictures I've seen it looks kinda creepy to me. Just my opinion, but I really thought they would have decorated it a bit more bright and cheerful, not so gloomy! The dark red curtains, deep gold bedspreads, well.....If I was decorating it I would have chosen more pastels, like lots of pink and blue, more like the books and cartoon movie. Also, I've read that you're the only ones in the building, no other staff around, and I've also read that you're locked in at night:scared: That can't be right, would violate fire codes! Perhaps there's a fire exit only, sets off an alarm? Well, I wonder if the occupants of the suite get breakfast with Cinderella? It sounds like a magical experience, would like to hear from someone who has actually been there!princess:

vhoffman
01-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Try this link for pictures

www.screamscape.com pixiedust:

vhoffman
01-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Ok, guess my misunderstanding...the first guest has yet to be chosen. I still think it looks creepy!:scared: More like a room at the haunted mansion!:rotfl2:

dizchick
01-17-2007, 07:36 AM
I thought I read somewhere on here that the first person chosen is a cast member at WDW. I don't think they've chosen the first guest to stay there yet. I really like the design of the room and think it fits the castle, but I could see how some could think it's really dark. I didn't see too many windows in the pictures, so I hope they put some in there so the people could look out!

ToriLammy
01-17-2007, 08:36 AM
The first actual guest from the parks will be sometime next week. Good Morning America with Disney ran a sweepstakes on line back in Dec to find the "First Family" to stay in the suite. They should be doing that around Jan 22/23rd and then after that happens they'll start picking folks from the parks. Watch GMA next week for their contest winner and a report.

roseprincess
01-17-2007, 10:46 AM
ToriLammy-
RE: GMA Royal Treatment/ Castle stay contest.
Do you know who won this contest?? I entered that contest and I even emailed GMA and not heard a response yet. I even looked on different message boards(GMA message boards and a sweepstakes message boards). No word from anyone on who won. Not sure if GMA/ABCNews/Disney is keeping the winner very secret. This is what I'm guessing. Or if the Sponsor is still judging the essays? I take it they are keeping the winner a secret. Well, whoever won,they are very lucky and congrats to them!!

ToriLammy, please PM me if you have any inside scoop of who won. TIA!