PDA

View Full Version : What are the weirdest complaints you have heard in WDW?

Pages : [1] 2

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-15-2007, 09:48 PM
A few years ago my family & I were purchasing something at Team Mickey & somehow we started talking with the Cast Member about Disney Cruise Line. Anyway he went to on tell us that he heard a guest complaining that he & his family did not see any Mickey Mouse clouds like they would advertise in the commercials. When I heard that I could not stop laughing, because it was one of the funniest things I ever heard.

Anyway if I was wondering what are the weirdest complaints you have heard in WDW, by overhearing someone talking to a Cast Member or having someone tell you a story.

disjointed
01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
This isn't really a complaint to a CM, but towards me...

When I was about 7, we were walking into Epcot, and a CM gave me a sticker, so I stuck it on my shirt, and carelessly threw the little crunched up piece of wax paper on the floor. Suddenly, I get a tap on my shoulder, I turn around, and there's this lady standing in front of me holding the piece of wax paper. She starts screaming at me; "YOU NEED TO THROW THIS OUT!", and so on. My mom and I (as well as other travellers) are just standing there, staring at this lady raging on. Of course, my mom defended me.

I'm not saying it's ok to litter, by the way, I just think she was overreacting... just a tad...

jemiaule
01-15-2007, 11:18 PM
We took a family member to WDW and they proceeded to complain about all the children everywhere. :rolleyes:

Needless to say we have never taken them back to WDW with us.

SelfEmployedDebtFree
01-16-2007, 12:33 AM
All the people raving on and on about how horrible "Beverly" is at Club Cool. Its FREE people!!! There arent many FREE things there!!! If you dont like it, spit it out already!!! :rotfl2: (just not on me please!:) )

kaabost
01-16-2007, 01:19 AM
I always think it's funny to hear people complain about the returning fastpass people SKIPPING in line. I realize that not every visitor to WDW spends hours on the DIS before their trip.................but come on! Fastpass is advertised EVERYWHERE and it's available to EVERYONE! How long can it take someone who is smart enough to FIND WDW to figure out the fast pass thing?:lmao:

jswalker1981
01-16-2007, 05:54 AM
I was in Fantasmic, and a guy behind me was complaining to his family that he didn't come all the way from England to wait 30 minutes for a show. I felt like turning around and ask him how long the wait was for Fantasmic in England. Some people are really impatient.

WDWCPAlumni
01-16-2007, 06:37 AM
We were at the animal kingdom and there was a man SCREAMING at the cast members at guest relations that it was crowded. It was too crowded and he didnt get to see many animals. He has seen much better zoos back home.
My sister inlaw and I were laughing so hard because we kept saying ITS NOT A ZOO!! You know how they say that, I forget how they spell it though!

micksterlee
01-16-2007, 09:28 AM
I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone say '' I PAID $5,000 FOR THIS TRIP AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT''.

BamaTigger
01-16-2007, 10:36 AM
I have a few.

"THOSE PEOPLE ARENT SUPPOSED BE SMOKING IN THE PARK!!!!" (we were in a SMOKING SECTION!):confused3

"EVERTHING IS TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE HERE" :rotfl2:

"I CANT SEE THE PARADE CAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE STANDING IN FRONT OF ME!":lmao:

"ITS TOO HOT":rolleyes:

Those kinds of things always make me laugh! :lmao:

hogwartsdropout
01-16-2007, 10:51 AM
We were at the animal kingdom and there was a man SCREAMING at the cast members at guest relations that it was crowded. It was too crowded and he didnt get to see many animals. He has seen much better zoos back home.
My sister inlaw and I were laughing so hard because we kept saying ITS NOT A ZOO!! You know how they say that, I forget how they spell it though!

Lol! I know what you mean. Isn't it Natazu?? Something like that anyway :scratchin

Smooshdog
01-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I like the comment "Why do I have to move all the way to the end. I should be able to sit right in the middle, people can walk past me."

Oh and I like the comment, "this fastpast isn't very fast."

bytheblood
01-16-2007, 11:22 AM
That fastpass/cutting in line thing is always funny to me as well.

I giggle when I hear people complain that they have been around and around on the monorail and it has not stopped at any park except MK. :rotfl:

wendy46001
01-16-2007, 11:37 AM
My favorite is "it’s raining; I paid good money it’s not supposed to rain"

Lucky82061
01-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Lol! I know what you mean. Isn't it Natazu?? Something like that anyway :scratchin

Not that it's that important but I believe they spelled it Nahtazu.. that's what it says on my AK map from 3 years ago..

I always get a kick out of the people who say "I paid all this money to come here and...." Like the thousands of other people who are there didn't also pay the same money :lmao:

I especially find it hilarious when they say "I didn't pay all this money to come here and stand in line for 2 hours to get on some stupid ride!" So uhh.. why did you come here then? You know... you don't have to stand in line to admire the foliage :rotfl:

bytheblood
01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
My favorite is "itís raining; I paid good money itís not supposed to rain"

:rotfl2: Welcome to Florida!!

snowman
01-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Okay - I'll admit this one is from me.....and is a tale DGF and DNephew have loved to tell for the last 4 years...."We can't do that then....that's the time I planned for us to be spontaneous". :lmao:

Yea, I know - planning to be spontaneous is an oxymoron......I can't help it, I'm a complusive planner

Blueberry
01-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Years ago a woman in Cosmic Rays was complaining loudly and rudely to some CM clean up person cleaning tables that she could "Get chicken fingers for $.99 for her kid at McDonalds". We were trying so hard not to laugh, and i so wanted to tell her that she is not AT McDonalds....:tongue:

tripplanner
01-16-2007, 02:30 PM
"It's dark in here. This is just ridiculous. They should tell you it's dark in here." We heard that over and over by a lady in the Sounds Dangerous attraction at MGM. The sign out front lets you know most of the attraction is in complete darkness and the host tells you that before the attraction starts. She wouldn't shut up, even when folks around her started making comments to her.

Violet Crayon
01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Someone was complaining (a full grown man) and really upset after "It's Tough To Be a Bug" because he swore he had been stung. Not just joking about the "stinging" but super upset that he believed he had really been stabbed with some fake stinger in the back. The mind is a powerful thing.

GingerbreadCoffin
01-16-2007, 03:15 PM
At Epcot a woman screamed at Mushu because his handwriting was sloppy and he "ruined" her daughter's autograph book. Then the scariest gurgling noise came out of Mushu. His CM said "Now Mushu you know you're not allowed to breathe fire on our guests!" :rotfl2:

jbmom
01-16-2007, 03:19 PM
At Epcot a woman screamed at Mushu because his handwriting was sloppy and he "ruined" her daughter's autograph book. Then the scariest gurgling noise came out of Mushu. His CM said "Now Mushu you know you're not allowed to breathe fire on our guests!" :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: That is funny!

I always hear the fast pass/cutting comments. I just ignore them and continue on my way!

resol37
01-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Okay - I'll admit this one is from me.....and is a tale DGF and DNephew have loved to tell for the last 4 years...."We can't do that then....that's the time I planned for us to be spontaneous". :lmao:

Yea, I know - planning to be spontaneous is an oxymoron......I can't help it, I'm a complusive planner

Just this past weekend I was in Maryland for my mother's cousin's wedding. While we were in town, we visited my aunt and uncle on my father's side with whom we're planning a WDW trip for this May. We also met up with my dad's best friend from high school, Sharon, and her husband Jim. Sharon and Jim had just been to WDW and had also done this indoor skydiving thing that uses a huge wind machine/tunnel thing. They were describing it to everyone and when my uncle said, "That sounds cool, we should do that," I said, "You can do it on Thursday, Thursday's your free day." I was only half kidding.

I have heard complaints about the rain. What are we supposed to do about it? It's been rehabbed since 2004, but when I worked at the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playground in Disney-MGM Studios, the floor was made out of rubber. That ground up tire stuff. That way, if a kid falls, they're not hurt too badly. But if it rained, we had to shut down. After it had stopped raining, we had to wait about 20-30 minutes (in case it started up again), wipe and squeejee everything down, and re-open. Why? Because wet rubber does not a safe playground make.

I can't tell you the number of times we were harassed about that. Would you rather I let your kid run around, slip and then slide face first into an overgrown blade of grass?

I knew this thread sounded familiar! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1133697&referrerid=&highlight=weirdest+complaint)

orljustin
01-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Someone was complaining (a full grown man) and really upset after "It's Tough To Be a Bug" because he swore he had been stung. Not just joking about the "stinging" but super upset that he believed he had really been stabbed with some fake stinger in the back. The mind is a powerful thing.

Well, you do get jabbed in the back. Maybe he didn't like it very much.

ronniereb
01-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Once at the AK in the "It's tough to be a Bug" movie, there was a family from South Africa in front of us. when everyone scurried in to get their seats and sat down there was not enough room for one of their kids to sit. Since everyone had already sat down (and I mean it was packed), when they asked if everyone could scoot down the guy at the end of the room simply asked if she wanted him to sit on the floor. She made her entire family get up and leave and said they were going home immdediatley because she could no loner tolerate rude Americans. I can't help but remeber thinking "I hope they didn't just get here today.

brendrek
01-16-2007, 04:03 PM
We were in the Land Pavillion and a woman was standing in front of the escalator waiting for her family to catch up. She was blocking it so we went around her. As we did she made a comment that she "had never seen so many rude people in all her life". I turned back and gave her my biggest smile. I guess blocking the entire escalator isn't considered rude where she's from?

blsx3
01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I always think it's funny to hear people complain about the returning fastpass people SKIPPING in line. I realize that not every visitor to WDW spends hours on the DIS before their trip.................but come on! Fastpass is advertised EVERYWHERE and it's available to EVERYONE! How long can it take someone who is smart enough to FIND WDW to figure out the fast pass thing?:lmao:

Fastpass is not available to everyone....This is a Benefit that stay onsite.

it is only available to guests staying on WDW property other than the Swan and the Dolphin, so the people complaining are those that don't have the option of fastpass or EMH's

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-16-2007, 04:30 PM

it is only available to guests staying on WDW property other than the Swan and the Dolphin, so the people complaining are those that don't have the option of fastpass or EMH's Fastpass is available to any guest staying onsite or offsite, with their park ticket they used to get in. I think you are confusing that for the Extra Magic Hours.

PanamaMike
01-16-2007, 04:31 PM

it is only available to guests staying on WDW property other than the Swan and the Dolphin, so the people complaining are those that don't have the option of fastpass

Well, most of us know that isn't true.

hogwartsdropout
01-16-2007, 05:05 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl:

jjarman
01-16-2007, 05:24 PM
We were in line for Safari at AK in 2002 behind another family. You could just tell the mother was a complainer. She was complaining this time about Fastpass and that it was the worst thing Disney had ever come up with and was ruining Disney. We just laughed.

missypie
01-16-2007, 05:28 PM
"How much does Fast Pass cost? Is it worth the money?"

I think questions like that are little tests from God to see if you're honest and kind, or if you're evil and will answer, "It costs $30 extra and no, it's not worth it."

Kayleebug
01-16-2007, 05:33 PM

it is only available to guests staying on WDW property other than the Swan and the Dolphin, so the people complaining are those that don't have the option of fastpass or EMH's

Doesn't Universal do something like this for only people staying on their property? I've never been to Universal, but I've heard that before. Maybe you're getting mixed up w/Universal.

Miss Jessr!ca
01-16-2007, 05:49 PM
We were in line for Safari at AK in 2002 behind another family. You could just tell the mother was a complainer. She was complaining this time about Fastpass and that it was the worst thing Disney had ever come up with and was ruining Disney. We just laughed.

:rotfl: she just must have gotten to the machine to late.

NotAmused
01-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Doesn't Universal do something like this for only people staying on their property? I've never been to Universal, but I've heard that before. Maybe you're getting mixed up w/Universal.

Yeah, I know Universal does that. Only people staying at 1 of the 3 UO hotels can get express unless "regular" guests want to pay money to purchase express passes.

jemiaule
01-16-2007, 05:50 PM

Whoo! What you smoking? Pass it this way ok!! ;)

Just teasing.....but Fastpass is available to everyone. Just slide your ticket media in (be it paper, ticket on yoru room key, AP, whatever) and you get the FastPass.

Ride Junkie
01-16-2007, 07:29 PM
This actually happened at DL, and it was a mother complaining to her husband & kids. They had just gotten burgers & fries at a place near Space Mtn, and not wanting to waste any time, they got in line behind us at the Matterhorn & attempted to eat their food while in line. After a few minutes of juggling burgers, fries, ketchup, drinks, etc., the exasperated mom finally shouts, "Why can't we just sit down and eat like normal people?!" :lmao: I got the impression they do a lot of eating on the run!

Cmdbuddy
01-16-2007, 07:59 PM
When I was at DisneyQuest in December, I was near the cash register when this lady pushed me out of the way to get the cash register. She then proceeded to tell the poor CM that she was dying of dehydration (very seriously) and they immediately need to give her some water. The CM gave her directions to the nearest water fountain and she proceeded to yell at the CM saying that there was no way she would ever drink out of a water fountain.

I had to laugh, and when the lady left, the CM laughed with me.

MickeynMinnie
01-16-2007, 08:12 PM
ok my favorite was when i was walking around Magic Kingdom and i heard a group of adults talking and they asked " why are there so many children here, i'm on vacation." really come on now need i say more????

Amd my all time favorite is " why is it so hot?" Maybe because you are in FLORIDA??? LOL

jemiaule
01-16-2007, 09:21 PM
When I was at DisneyQuest in December, I was near the cash register when this lady pushed me out of the way to get the cash register. She then proceeded to tell the poor CM that she was dying of dehydration (very seriously) and they immediately need to give her some water. The CM gave her directions to the nearest water fountain and she proceeded to yell at the CM saying that there was no way she would ever drink out of a water fountain.

I had to laugh, and when the lady left, the CM laughed with me.

I wonder if she is related to the person my family refers to as "The Big C".

We were waiting in line at the Grand Floridian Gingerbread house, got to the front to make my purchase and was pushed aside by some woman who said very snottily "excuse me but I am staying concierge" . :confused3

The CM kindly directed her to the looooooong line while saying she was sorry but she would need to wait in the line that had formed. If you have ever bought anything at the GF Gingerbreadhouse you know how incredibly long this line can get.

This woman would just have NONE OF THAT and proceeded to pitch a big fit. The poor CM tried and tried to explain to the woman that while staying in concierge does get you certain amenities it does not allow you to go to the front of the line.

The woman finally stormed off but not before telling the CM she was going to have her fired.

Well...Happy Holidays to you too Big C! :santa:

The Outer Rim
01-16-2007, 09:25 PM
"Owww! Tigger just punched me in the face!!"
:lmao:

ClemsonTigger2
01-16-2007, 09:36 PM

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Alexis Green
01-16-2007, 09:44 PM
How hard did he hit you?!

Kidding, kidding.

These are to funny, keep them coming! :rotfl:

lindakmonty
01-16-2007, 09:45 PM
How about the lady that threw a fit demanding an ocean view room at WDW:lmao: Yeah, good luck w/that... :sad2:

marc1477
01-16-2007, 10:20 PM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jizroc
01-16-2007, 10:27 PM
:faint: Tigger got me too!!!!!! hehehe

ucfsweetie82
01-17-2007, 10:22 AM
MGM was busy a lady told her family
"This park is way too crowded we're going to the Magic Kingdom!"

Kies99
01-17-2007, 10:28 AM

When my wife and I went last, the "sting" out of the back of the seat hit her right on the spine and really hurt. I think it's funny he thought he was actually stung, but I also think the power could be turned down a bit on that specific part.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread! LOL!

I love the one about MGM being crowded so they were going to Magic Kingdom!

KPeveler
01-17-2007, 10:30 AM
I won't go in to that show anymore, mostly cause i dont like it (watching bug after bug try to kill me is not amusing), but the only time i did go, i was leaning to the side (cause the chairs are uncomfortable) and i got the "sting" right between the ribs. it left a bruise, and actually did hurt

NMAmy
01-17-2007, 11:58 AM
One busy day around Christmas, we were waiting in line to check into CRT. This lady pushed her way to the front of the line saying, "Well, I just want to make a reservation here." So did 75% of the people in line--the rest of us were waiting to check in for our ADR's. There was practically a riot toward the front of the line when that woman tried to jump in. :rotfl2:

GreyStr0ke
01-17-2007, 12:53 PM
AT Everest in line for a FP: "They need to make Fast Passes for the Fast Passes, we could have been on the ride already."

BeNJeNWaFFLe
01-17-2007, 01:49 PM
...but the only time i did go, i was leaning to the side (cause the chairs are uncomfortable) and i got the "sting" right between the ribs. it left a bruise, and actually did hurtI'm glad to know I'm not the only one. That "sting" hit me right on a rib bone and it hurt! I will still see the show and I didn't complain about it but it wasn't a pleasant feeling. Now I know to lean the other way next time.

I will admit that I am one of the people that complain that it's hot. :blush: I know it's Florida and it's summer. I just like to complain about it for the sake of complaining, because my body doesn't handle the heat very well. I don't do it loudly (I only bother DBF with it ;) ), and I don't let it ruin my vacation.

Now, I find it funny when people complain about the rain during hurricane season! I went to MK the day after hurricane Charley. It rained on and off most of the day, nothing hard. And people were complaining the whole time! Hello!! A huge hurricane just passed through, of course it is going to rain!

bytheblood
01-17-2007, 01:56 PM
MGM was busy a lady told her family
"This park is way too crowded we're going to the Magic Kingdom!"

I think this is legit...that is why there is the park hopping option.

horseshowmom
01-17-2007, 02:50 PM
My favorite is "it’s raining; I paid good money it’s not supposed to rain"

I think they're giving Disney a little more credit for magic than they can deliver. :lmao:

Mayra
04-14-2007, 10:06 AM
bump

TheatreLady
04-14-2007, 10:24 AM

Think of it this way less lines for us!

TheatreLady
04-14-2007, 10:36 AM

Actually fastpasses are available to everyone. If you got into the park then you can get a fastpass. EMH is a different story though.

5 Disney Fans
04-14-2007, 11:09 AM

Well I think the funny thing about saying they would just go to MK is that since it was the holidays there would be no way that MK would be any LESS crowded then Disney Studios (MGM).

Karnak
04-14-2007, 11:12 AM
We were waiting in line at the Grand Floridian Gingerbread house, got to the front to make my purchase and was pushed aside by some woman who said very snottily "excuse me but I am staying concierge" Hardy har har. Reminds me of the two women who pushed ahead of everyone waiting in line for Soarin', as they yelled "Out of the way! Senior Citizens here!"

Disney ought to charge us extra for letting us witness people like that. Makes for a good laugh methinks.

:laughing:

kittymasi
04-14-2007, 11:39 AM
in front of mission:space, i saw a man yelling at a cm because his sonwas not tall enough to ride. the cm was firm, and turned them away... the man proceeded to stand in front of the ride and scream at his SON for not being taller!! he yelled that he'd spent all this money to come, only to find that his kid couldn't ride. then his wife came over and started screaming back at him. the poor kid just sat on the ground. what a fun vacation, huh?:confused:

MickeynMinnie
04-14-2007, 11:47 AM
in front of mission:space, i saw a man yelling at a cm because his sonwas not tall enough to ride. the cm was firm, and turned them away... the man proceeded to stand in front of the ride and scream at his SON for not being taller!! he yelled that he'd spent all this money to come, only to find that his kid couldn't ride. then his wife came over and started screaming back at him. the poor kid just sat on the ground. what a fun vacation, huh?:confused:

awwwww poor kid!!! isn't there somewhere they could have looked to see how tall you have to be to ride certian rides??? He was probally just mad because HE wanted to ride.... like its the kids fault that he isn't tall enough to ride..

BubblPopElectrc
04-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I always find it unusual when people complain about walking. I always want to respond with "What'd you expect? :confused3 "

MickeynMinnie
04-14-2007, 11:54 AM
we were walking around MK during PM EMH and there was this couple trying to get on POTC. The CM asked to see their wristbands and they showed them these little white paper wrist bands and the CM said thats not the wrist band, you need to go over there and get one. They argueed thats where they got it and the other CM must have given them the wrong one! We just laughed and went on the ride...

bytheblood
04-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Well I think the funny thing about saying they would just go to MK is that since it was the holidays there would be no way that MK would be any LESS crowded then Disney Studios (MGM).

True. ;)

bytheblood
04-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I always find it unusual when people complain about walking. I always want to respond with "What'd you expect? :confused3 "

I hear this complaint daily while in WDW and I cannot understand all of the complaining about walking. Maybe they thought there was going to be a trolly. :laughing:

spencem
04-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Not exactly a compliant, but I got a look that could of killed of an old woman in Epcot's medical parking. She was in a wheel chair and was about to get into a van as I ran past to our car to get our coats. I could see by the look on her face she was ready to snap about people abusing medical parking. I was going to stop and point out that not everyone in the car has to be disabled, in our case it is DW, but couldn't be bothered. I just gave her a smile as I ran back toward the park.;)

goofyernmost
04-14-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. That "sting" hit me right on a rib bone and it hurt! I will still see the show and I didn't complain about it but it wasn't a pleasant feeling. Now I know to lean the other way next time.

I don't mean anything bad here but I am having trouble understanding how a mechanism that is placed to only touch one's (how can I say this eloquently) lower posterior hit someone in the ribs unless you are lying down on the seats. Maybe I am just forgetting the exact location that I have felt it but it seems to me to be much lower.

:confused3 :confused3

Camicar
04-14-2007, 02:34 PM
I was in Fantasmic, and a guy behind me was complaining to his family that he didn't come all the way from England to wait 30 minutes for a show. I felt like turning around and ask him how long the wait was for Fantasmic in England. Some people are really impatient.

You are describing my father, who was terminally self-absorbed. When we went to WDW in 1972 we didn't go on most of the rides because my father refused to wait in a line. (Yes, we did miss out on a lot of good stuff as kids. He also left every movie before the end because he refused to be in a line to get out.) I can laugh about it now (almost), but at the time going all the way to WDW and then being dragged past rides because my father refused to stand in line was pretty devastating.

Buzz Litebeer
04-14-2007, 11:15 PM
A few good ones:

Last July 4th: "The crowds are just insane! We'll come back at Christmas when there won't be anyone here!"

Then there was the guest who demanded to know where the MK exit was. After giving the guest directions, he said, "No, I know the entire park is on a giant turntable. I want to know where the exit is right now." No matter what we told him, he insisted he knew the "truth" and couldn't understand why we were "lying" to him. A manager was called, who also tried (unsuccessfully) to convince the guest that the park was not on a turntable. Finally, the manager threw up his hands and said "You know what, sir? You caught us. You're right, the park really *is* on a giant turntable. Right now, the exit is at the end of Main Street, USA. If you hurry you can make it before it moves."

My all-time favorite story involved a female guest who stormed into the Grand Floridian one night and, pointing at Seven Seas lagoon, demanded to know why Disney had chosen to flood the parking lot (!), and how would they be reimbursing her for her car?

momsal
04-14-2007, 11:36 PM
:rotfl: bump because I want to read more:rotfl2: :lmao:

tkd lisa
04-15-2007, 06:22 AM
A few good ones:

Last July 4th: "The crowds are just insane! We'll come back at Christmas when there won't be anyone here!"

Then there was the guest who demanded to know where the MK exit was. After giving the guest directions, he said, "No, I know the entire park is on a giant turntable. I want to know where the exit is right now." No matter what we told him, he insisted he knew the "truth" and couldn't understand why we were "lying" to him. A manager was called, who also tried (unsuccessfully) to convince the guest that the park was not on a turntable. Finally, the manager threw up his hands and said "You know what, sir? You caught us. You're right, the park really *is* on a giant turntable. Right now, the exit is at the end of Main Street, USA. If you hurry you can make it before it moves."

My all-time favorite story involved a female guest who stormed into the Grand Floridian one night and, pointing at Seven Seas lagoon, demanded to know why Disney had chosen to flood the parking lot (!), and how would they be reimbursing her for her car?

Okay, I'm WAAAAY off-topic here, but I just read your signature (even though I've seen your posts before). I am truly falling off my chair laughing!

pampam
04-15-2007, 06:24 AM
You are describing my father, who was terminally self-absorbed. When we went to WDW in 1972 we didn't go on most of the rides because my father refused to wait in a line. (Yes, we did miss out on a lot of good stuff as kids. He also left every movie before the end because he refused to be in a line to get out.) I can laugh about it now (almost), but at the time going all the way to WDW and then being dragged past rides because my father refused to stand in line was pretty devastating.

I like your expression "terminally self-absorbed". My DM and DMIL were waiting in line at Jungle Cruise, and all my DMIL could do was complain about the long lineup. Over and over. Finally the gentleman waiting in line behind them got tired of hearing her, and said "Oh, lady, this isn't the lineup for the Jungle Cruise. This is the lineup for the washroom!":rotfl: ;) My DMIL believed him and complained even more:rotfl2:

k5thbeatle
04-15-2007, 06:42 AM

Ditto. :rolleyes:

Humphrey Bear
04-15-2007, 09:27 AM

My wife ran into a similar parent one time while using the restroom. She heard a mother YELL LOUDLY at her kid because she had to go poop. The mother said "Your father and I are spending thousand's of dollars on this trip and we have to take time to let you go poop. From now on you better make sure that you go at the hotel because we are not going to miss out on the rides so you can poop whenever you want!"

We felt so sorry for the little girl!

loveswdw
04-15-2007, 09:52 AM
We were doing laundry at BCV when an older couple (probably 60s) from NJ came in to do their laundry too. They were very nice and all but complained that they were never coming back to Disney World because "Mickey Mouse is EVERYWHERE."

My DH and I just looked at each other. You know, I never would've expected to see Mickey Mouse there.;)

soupy11
04-15-2007, 10:04 AM
My wife ran into a similar parent one time while using the restroom. She heard a mother YELL LOUDLY at her kid because she had to go poop. The mother said "Your father and I are spending thousand's of dollars on this trip and we have to take time to let you go poop. From now on you better make sure that you go at the hotel because we are not going to miss out on the rides so you can poop whenever you want!"

WOW! Some people are totally insane and should be locked up! Madness. :scared1:

Syrreal
04-15-2007, 10:44 AM
1. We were at Trails End and this one guy was reaming his kid because he was eating crispy bacon with his hands. I bet it was a loooooong day for hat poor kid. I can just see it now- Sto eating your ice cream cone with your tongue! Use a spoon dammit!"

2. At Hoop Dee Doo a dad kept yelling at his kid to not make so much noise. He was "ruining" the filming of the show. My friends and I (who were sitting right next to them), being the passive aggressive people we are, made twice as much "hootin and hollerin" than we normally would. I really was kind of sad b/c the kid was about 16-17 and was just starting to get into the show and getting over the "I'm too cool to be at wdw w/ my family" thing.

Missish
04-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Not from WDW, but when I was in Disneyland Paris last November on a coachtrip, one of the women in the party was complaining that the lines for the rides were too long. They were the shortest lines I'd ever seen at a Disney theme park (about 15-20 minutes for Space Mountain) :rotfl:

SallyfromDE
04-15-2007, 11:57 AM
We were riding back from one of the parks. This girl tapped me on the shoulder and told my pony tail was bouncing in her face. I thought big deal, the bus is crowded, we were standing, but I did try to keep my head still. She tapped me again and said, it's still bouncing in my face. I didn't mean to be rude, but what did she expect me to do. I told her to turn her face the other way.

jcc0621
04-15-2007, 12:35 PM
My DM is a seater at Artist Point. She cracks us up with all the stories of people who come in with ADR's and say to her. Can you please make sure that we are not seated near any children?:eek: DOn't they know they are at WDW and most of the people there are children:confused3

Xcited4Disney
04-15-2007, 12:56 PM
A few good ones:

:rotfl2: :lmao:

PrincessCastMember
04-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Magic Kingdom was open until 12am with fireworks at 10 and SpectroMagic parade at 9 and 11. At 11pm (almost exactly) the weather changed dramatically and started to pour. There was also reports of tornado warnings in the area. The fireworks and the first showing of SpectroMagic went off as planned. A lady came to Guest Relations and very angrily demanded a rain check. The CM told the lady that all tickets are non refundable and we don't give out accomadations due to weather. The lady continued to argue and said that she hadn't seen everything she had wanted to see. The CM must of scanned her ticket because I then overheard the CM say, Ma'am, you've been in the park since 11 this afternoon. The lady then screamed for a manager.:sad2:

Oye

bubba
04-15-2007, 02:59 PM
A co-worker just got back from a trip to Pop Century with her DH and DTwins (9). I had helped her with her reservations, ADRs etc and we worked out what turned out to be a great itinerary for them. When she got back, I asked her how her trip went. She said it was good, but it was too Disney. I asked what she meant and she told me that characters were everywhere and even the wake up calls were by Disney characters. A very unusual situation for me - I was speechless !

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
04-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Very funny stories about weird complaints, so if there are more out there please post them.

maxiesmom
04-15-2007, 03:32 PM
A co-worker just got back from a trip to Pop Century with her DH and DTwins (9). I had helped her with her reservations, ADRs etc and we worked out what turned out to be a great itinerary for them. When she got back, I asked her how her trip went. She said it was good, but it was too Disney. I asked what she meant and she told me that characters were everywhere and even the wake up calls were by Disney characters. A very unusual situation for me - I was speechless !

Maybe she should stay at the Swan and Dolphin?:confused3 That way at least she could get away from the Disney wake-up calls.
:rolleyes:

momandseandodisney
04-15-2007, 03:34 PM
when staying at Ploy a few years ago, the guests in front of us t the desk were complaining that they could not see the OCEAN from there "water view" room!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

quiltymom
04-15-2007, 04:02 PM
All the people raving on and on about how horrible "Beverly" is at Club Cool.

I liked Beverly. As a matter of fact, so did DH. Oh well...

Buzz Litebeer
04-15-2007, 04:17 PM
I liked Beverly. As a matter of fact, so did DH. Oh well...
Some people forget that the Coca-Cola Company continues to produce Beverly because it's very popular in Italy...

Ok, today we had another Weird Complaint. A guest was very upset (as in, "I'm going to Guest Relations!") because she had won a Dream Fastpass and some of the attractions were temporarily closed due to "technical issues", and she couldn't use the Dream Fastpass whenever she wanted. Can't please everyone, I suppose...

doconeill
04-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Hey Disney, we know you're listening...

You should have a special group of CMs whose job it is to rescue such children from their idiotic parents, who get banished out of the park, and take the children around to do what they want.

Between this and the incident at Mission: Space, I'm totally POed now...DW has permission to shoot me if I ever did something like this.

MNRMommy
04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
My DM is a seater at Artist Point. She cracks us up with all the stories of people who come in with ADR's and say to her. Can you please make sure that we are not seated near any children?:eek: DOn't they know they are at WDW and most of the people there are children:confused3

That happened to my DH and I a few years ago. We were checking in for our ADR's at Le Cellier when the guy in front of us asked if he could have a table away from any children. DH and I still laugh about that one.

eemmie1
04-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Hardy har har. Reminds me of the two women who pushed ahead of everyone waiting in line for Soarin', as they yelled "Out of the way! Senior Citizens here!"

Disney ought to charge us extra for letting us witness people like that. Makes for a good laugh methinks.

:laughing:

I would have said not for long if you keep that up.:lmao:

quiltymom
04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
I'll have to have my best listening ears on :listen: when we go -- I usually am having too much fun with my family to pay attention to others! :hyper:

doconeill
04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm starting to think that this could be a whole new reality show...Disney's Stupidest Guests, only on ABC!

I'd watch it. I wish I was witness to some of these... popcorn::

JitterBugBrooke
04-15-2007, 06:16 PM
A few good ones:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :laughing:

luvthemouse71
04-15-2007, 09:20 PM

You should have a special group of CMs whose job it is to rescue such children from their idiotic parents, who get banished out of the park, and take the children around to do what they want.

Between this and the incident at Mission: Space, I'm totally POed now...DW has permission to shoot me if I ever did something like this.I like the CM rescue idea...Regarding the Anti-Poop parents, it would have served them right if the kid went right in her pants, or, even better, waited until she was sitting on one of their laps! Scary to realize that some people can be so ignorant.:sad2:

mskay
04-15-2007, 09:57 PM
We were riding back from one of the parks. This girl tapped me on the shoulder and told my pony tail was bouncing in her face. I thought big deal, the bus is crowded, we were standing, but I did try to keep my head still. She tapped me again and said, it's still bouncing in my face. I didn't mean to be rude, but what did she expect me to do. I told her to turn her face the other way.

I just laughed out loud so hard. That is just ridiculous! I keep laughing right now as I'm typing. What in the world did she want you to do? At least you had some response. I would have been so dumbfounded I would have just stood there speechless!

ktulu
04-15-2007, 10:05 PM

You should have waited a couple of minutes and then turned and told her that her face was in your pony tail.

Me, I would have said "Yeah, that's probably the least of your worries, I've been farting since you got on the bus..."

SelfEmployedDebtFree
04-15-2007, 11:56 PM
My single favorite is still when people who are SWIMMING in the POOL, filled with WATER "rush out" when it starts raining.:lmao: :rotfl2: :happytv: I could understand if it were thundering, or the sky turned all stormy, but just a simple quick shower in the clear sky??? Hurry away!!! You might get WET!!!:rotfl:

I never cease to be amazed how some people react about a little water. Your at Disney. You're *probably* going to ride WET RIDES, your going to sit on wet seats, your going to walk through misters, walk by fountains, and heat is unbearable. Your going to SWEAT, and sweat is MOISTURE!!! Whats the big deal? I'd rather have the overspray from a child's spraymister or splash from a pool or drizzle than sweat.

QuirkyButterfly
04-16-2007, 04:03 AM

This is brilliant, I can't help but thinking how great it would be if this was true, I would love a park that constantly moves. :)

WDW Poly Princess
04-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Once while I was at Animal Kingdom hanging out watching the gorillas, I heard a girl about 12 years old pass by and whine "What are we going to DO all day?"

Poor kid, stuck at Disney World, no wonder you're bored with nothing to do!

tiggerlady
04-16-2007, 06:45 AM
A few years ago some friends were there from the Uk. When they came back they told us how pathetic the Indy show was and that they had walked out.
Why we said (knowing how great a show it is ).:confused3
They told us about how the cast gets then to "ooohhh" and "aahh" at the beginning (just awarm up) and how stupid and childish it was so on the fathers demands up they got and walked out.
We then:rolleyes1 showed them our video of the show, they then agreed how silly they had been and what a fantastic show they had missed.

DebIreland
04-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Not weird, more like rude. We were at Cirque de Soleil last November and we (me, DH, DS12, DS10 and our 2 year old) were seated in front of a group of friends - about 6 girls and guys in their 20s. When we took our seats I heard "OH GOD!" from behind us but took no notice. Then the guy behind me said "we should move, can we move?" Another voice said "why? These seats are great" First voice said "you don't know why we need to move? You can't see why the show is ruined for us now???" I started to think he might be referring to us but at the same time thought no, I was maybe being paranoid. But just then I turned to look at the person behind the voice (sitting directly behind me) and as I looked at him just then he pointed his finger at DD2 and said to his friend "THAT's why". Obviously he felt that our toddler would ruin the show for him. But the best part of this was that 10 minutes into the show a group of 4 or 5 people came in and thought that the people next to us were in their seats. They stood there and made a big drama out of the fact that someone had taken their seats - all this while the show was going on! Very annoying! A member of staff came quickly to move them and they walked towards the next section where their seats actually were. I thought it was so funny that a group of adults interrupted their (people behind) night whilst my 2 year old did not make one single sound for the whole evening. When it was over I made a big deal of saying (loud enough for those behind me to hear) to her "you are the BEST girl", "you were SOOOOOOOOOOO good all evening, yes you were, yes you were, BEST BEST girl". :lmao:

Camping Griswalds
04-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Me, I would have said "Yeah, that's probably the least of your worries, I've been farting since you got on the bus..."

I swear to God we have a family member who can clear a train!!! The rest of us get laughing so hard when he gets a particular "smirk" on his face, because we just know there will be some comments. I think he only does it when there are people just complaining about "air". He looks at us, smirks, and we just wait for the reactions. This might seem way grosse, but I swear sometimes I think he is so talented!! "Silent, but deadly"

Daydreamer
04-16-2007, 08:56 AM
The weirdest I can recall was from a CM to my party. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon and we had been at Epcot since it opened at 9:00 am that morning. We had hit all the major attractions and had ADR's for the Liberty Tree in MK at 7:00 PM. So, we are coming off the boat ride in the Land pavillion and we see the Dream Team. They are handing out passes for everyone on the ride to stay an hour after Epcot closes for rides, etc. Normally this would be pretty cool but we have reservations at the MK and are planning to stay for evening EMH. So, I politely tell the CM that while we appreciate being selected we have other plans and we really wish she would give the passes to people that would use them. She begins to rip into me about how Epcot is a better park, this is a really great opportunity, and on and on. We begin walking away and she actually follows us, carrying enough wrist bands for our entire party. :scared: Finally, when we reach Spaceship Earth and she is still following us, singing praises for Epcot, I tell everyone in our party to stop and get a band, otherwise she may ride the monorail to the MK with us trying to give the bands away.:scared: So, she fits us with the bands, tells us to have a great time and heads back to the land pavilion.

Joanna71985
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
A few good ones:

Oh these are great!:lmao: :rotfl:

shmoogrrrl
04-16-2007, 10:13 AM
My single favorite is still when people who are SWIMMING in the POOL, filled with WATER "rush out" when it starts raining.:lmao: :rotfl2: :happytv: I could understand if it were thundering, or the sky turned all stormy, but just a simple quick shower in the clear sky??? Hurry away!!! You might get WET!!!:rotfl:

I never cease to be amazed how some people react about a little water. Your at Disney. You're *probably* going to ride WET RIDES, your going to sit on wet seats, your going to walk through misters, walk by fountains, and heat is unbearable. Your going to SWEAT, and sweat is MOISTURE!!! Whats the big deal? I'd rather have the overspray from a child's spraymister or splash from a pool or drizzle than sweat.

OMG! Were you there last August with my family? :lmao:

We went to Disney for a week with my Mom and Dad and my niece who was 11 at the time. My parents have custody of her from my Brother for a long list of reasons that don't matter to the story.

ANYWAY, we go to Typhoon Lagoon and have a fun morning playing in the wave pool and riding the various water slides. Around lunch time we go to one of the little lunch places there and get food. While we were eating, it started to rain. Now, in fairness, it was a soaking type of rain, but there was no thunder, no lightening, nothing that really indicated that this was going to be anything but a little afternoon shower. Well, my parents and niece freak out and she gets all pre-teen drama about how she is going to get so wet (keep in mind that the kid is in a bathing suit still dripping wet from all the slides and stuff. She actually makes my Mom (who was NOT in a suit) give up her towel so that she could cover her head and they all made us leave the park. The sun was out by the time we got back to the hotel.

She also threw a fit about not knowing she would get wet on Kali River Rapids, even though she's been on rides like that other places and there are signs everywhere. Not to mention we watched people coming off the ride! And Splash Mountain surprised her too. *sigh* :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

detroitdad
04-16-2007, 02:16 PM

WOW! Another perfect example of why certain people should not breed. It reminds me of one of my favorite lines from a movie regarding parenting. "You need a license to get a dog, drive a car, catch a fish, but they'll let any idiot become a parent." - Of course the actual line is much harsher than this but I can't post it here..you get the idea.

You can't help but shake your head when you witness this type of display :sad2:

Horizons1
04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
I was waiting for my friends outside Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland, and I overheard this woman complaining to the Buzz Lightyear fastpass CM about how it was unfair that she couldn't get more than 1 fast pass at a time. She started raising her voice and began screaming about how unfair Disney is and that her day has been ruined now that she has to wait in line. She reallly caused a big scene and people were starting to watch.

It ticked me off that this horrible woman was even let into the park. Don't ruin everyone else's time because you can't get everything you want ! I honestly hope she got kicked out.

And yelling at this poor CM who has no control over the FastPass rules, and has to stand in the florida sun in polyester pants, made me really feel bad for them. She just kept apologizing and trying to keep a smile. I hope she got a raise!

dameodie
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
1. We were at Trails End and this one guy was reaming his kid because he was eating crispy bacon with his hands. I bet it was a loooooong day for hat poor kid. I can just see it now- Sto eating your ice cream cone with your tongue! Use a spoon dammit!"

So you're supposed to eat greasy bacon with your fingers?? That's a new one on me...

Polyfor30th
04-16-2007, 04:27 PM
A lady seated next to us at Le Cellier (A few years ago) was complaining, very loudly, about, oh everything. The last straw was when she made the server cry by telling her she would have her fired because the chef refused to come out with a thermometer and read the temp of her creamed spinach...seriously!

That was it.

I looked her in the eye and told her life's too short to complain about cold spinach and to basically shut-it as she was ruining the meals of everyone within ear shot of her with her rude complaints and comments. Well, needless to say this banter went on for a bit until her poor soul of a husband (who looked mortified throughout the entire ordeal) had to literally drag her out of there. Once she was gone, a bunch of the servers came out singing "we are the champions" and presented Dh and I with a tray of complimentary desserts--for defending their fellow server and saying basically what they could not. I still have a chuckle whenever I think back on that day :rotfl:

AuroraBorealis
04-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Good for you, Polyfor30th! I'm sure you made that poor server's day by sticking up for her!

PrincessCastMember
04-16-2007, 05:39 PM
AuroraBorealis...this is a little OT but I just wanted to say I really LOVE your avatar!

AuroraBorealis
04-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks! Bbgrizzle let me "borrow" it from her. Check out the "Muggle" thread on the CB for more HP related stuff. I'm a children's librarian which makes it easier for me to explain my HP obsession!

And to make this back on topic:

Last July, I heard a family complaining about the heat and why Disney didn't air-condition all over the parks, not just the rides and the stores but outside too! You can't turn the air on outside!

RDCAnthony
04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
A lady seated next to us at Le Cellier (A few years ago) was complaining, very loudly, about, oh everything. The last straw was when she made the server cry by telling her she would have her fired because the chef refused to come out with a thermometer and read the temp of her creamed spinach...seriously!

That was it.

I looked her in the eye and told her life's too short to complain about cold spinach and to basically shut-it as she was ruining the meals of everyone within ear shot of her with her rude complaints and comments. Well, needless to say this banter went on for a bit until her poor soul of a husband (who looked mortified throughout the entire ordeal) had to literally drag her out of there. Once she was gone, a bunch of the servers came out singing "we are the champions" and presented Dh and I with a tray of complimentary desserts--for defending their fellow server and saying basically what they could not. I still have a chuckle whenever I think back on that day :rotfl:

Way to go !!!:thumbsup2

QuirkyButterfly
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM

That was it.

Hey great job sticking up for the poor CM. I hate people who act like this.

Joanna71985
04-16-2007, 07:08 PM

That was it.

Good for you.:thumbsup2 I can't believe that she made the CM cry- all over spinach.:sad2:

Morganw42
04-16-2007, 07:12 PM
bump

TheatreLady
04-16-2007, 09:07 PM

That was it.

:lmao: Great Job!:thumbsup2

Syrreal
04-16-2007, 09:24 PM
So you're supposed to eat greasy bacon with your fingers?? That's a new one on me...

It's not that you're supposed to, it just tends to be easier to eat crispy (not soggy) bacon with your hands (tends to crumble when you cut it and all)and , after all, that's why they invented napkins.
That wasn't my point, though. My point was that there this family is, on vacation, and dad is yelling (you could hear him a few tables down) and cursing his kid out just because his kid was eating his bacon with his fingers.

mickeymouse1017
04-16-2007, 10:14 PM
As most of you know, the Garden Grill in Epcot rotates VERY VERY slowly. We actually heard a lady complaining to the CM that she was suffering from motion sickness after spinning while eating her lunch. I was laughing so hard that I had tears rolling down my face. You can't even tell that you are rotating. Some people cannot survive without complaining.

SelfEmployedDebtFree
04-17-2007, 02:28 AM
another strange comment was one I heard from a CM at Whispering Canyon.
He asked how many days we had left on our stay. My wife said. "We're leaving tomorrow morning unfortunately. We'll be home by tomorrow night." He then served her her food which included a big bowl of corn. He said "You'll think of Whispering Canyon tomorrow night when you see that again (pointing to her corn)":eek: :scared: :scared: :lmao: :rotfl2: I nearly sprayed my drink laughing. I'm sure that would have offended some people, but you're at Whispering Canyon... its about FUN. Some people just dont get fun. I thought it was hilarious.
Anyone out there WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR who has NOT done Whispering Canyon yet should definately do it! Just remember, some servers are better than others. You might get a stump of a waiter, then again you might get a really good one who will keep you laughing the whole time. Never judge a restaurant by just one visit.

Camping Griswalds
04-17-2007, 07:26 AM
As most of you know, the Garden Grill in Epcot rotates VERY VERY slowly. We actually heard a lady complaining to the CM that she was suffering from motion sickness after spinning while eating her lunch. I was laughing so hard that I had tears rolling down my face. You can't even tell that you are rotating. Some people cannot survive without complaining.

When we ate at the GG, our meal took about an hour, almost exactly the time it took to rotate one complete time around. I have horrible motion sickness, if it didn't bother me, it shouldn't bother anyone! So many people just love to complain.

All of these complaints her...makes me wonder...what do you think these people are like in everyday life?

MommySiobhan
04-17-2007, 07:54 AM
WOW! Another perfect example of why certain people should not breed. It reminds me of one of my favorite lines from a movie regarding parenting. "You need a license to get a dog, drive a car, catch a fish, but they'll let any idiot become a parent." - Of course the actual line is much harsher than this but I can't post it here..you get the idea.

You can't help but shake your head when you witness this type of display :sad2:

Oh my goodness!! Are you kidding? Imagine telling your child they can' t go to the bathroom. Unbelieveable.

peel
04-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Not so much a complaint as an EVIL person....
I was waiting in line in the Land Pavilion when a woman started calling her son's name in a very urgent tone. After a minute she really started to panic and she was screaming his name and asking everyone to look for him in the bathrooms or hiding under a table. She eventually became hysterical, crying and franticly looking for him. Almost everyone stopped what they were doing and looked for this boy. Thankfully after a few minutes he surfaced (not sure where he was, but someone found him). The woman was SO happy and was hugging the person who found him. Seemed like a happy ending, until her &$@! husband came over to her and grabbed her arm forcefully. He wasn't yelling, but I was close enough to hear what he was saying. He had an absolutely terrifying look in his eyes and he was cursing her out for causing a scene. I have never seen a display like this, and I felt such an urge to pull her away from him. This man was obviously an abusive husband and I was afraid for the woman. A very scary situation.

TheatreLady
04-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I was waiting in line in the Land Pavilion when a woman started calling her son's name in a very urgent tone. After a minute she really started to panic and she was screaming his name and asking everyone to look for him in the bathrooms or hiding under a table. She eventually became hysterical, crying and franticly looking for him. Almost everyone stopped what they were doing and looked for this boy. Thankfully after a few minutes he surfaced (not sure where he was, but someone found him). The woman was SO happy and was hugging the person who found him. Seemed like a happy ending, until her &$@! husband came over to her and grabbed her arm forcefully. He wasn't yelling, but I was close enough to hear what he was saying. He had an absolutely terrifying look in his eyes and he was cursing her out for causing a scene. I have never seen a display like this, and I felt such an urge to pull her away from him. This man was obviously an abusive husband and I was afraid for the woman. A very scary situation.

:sad2: I feel for the woman.:sad1:

GrowingUpDisney
04-17-2007, 06:23 PM

What a prick!

ehagerty
04-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Greetings - CR Resort Fan 4 Life

I see you like hockey (Go, Sabres!!). My son has Afinogenov as our desktop wallpaper.....

Anyway, here is an amusing diversion - guaranteed NOT to skew the thread....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p19327ef7c061796602e991d6f3db288e/e9de5bf2.jpg

cslittle999
04-17-2007, 07:08 PM
He asked how many days we had left on our stay. My wife said. "We're leaving tomorrow morning unfortunately. We'll be home by tomorrow night." He then served her her food which included a big bowl of corn. He said "You'll think of Whispering Canyon tomorrow night when you see that again (pointing to her corn)":eek: :scared: :scared: :lmao: :rotfl2: I nearly sprayed my drink laughing. I'm sure that would have offended some people, but you're at Whispering Canyon... its about FUN. Some people just dont get fun. I thought it was hilarious.
Anyone out there WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR who has NOT done Whispering Canyon yet should definately do it! Just remember, some servers are better than others. You might get a stump of a waiter, then again you might get a really good one who will keep you laughing the whole time. Never judge a restaurant by just one visit.
:rotfl2: SelfEmployedDebtFree, I would not have had your self control. I definitely would have sprayed my drink all over the table.

ehagerty
04-17-2007, 08:11 PM
From a Typhoon Lagoon lifeguard to a gaggle of guests (including me):

ďIf you donít like how I am doing it, donít get back in line.Ē Followed by, ďMy name is Adelaine if you want to talk to my manager.Ē

For the full story:

Typhoon Lagoon - A Case Study in Guest Relations (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=607442)

jcc0621
04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Greetings - CR Resort Fan 4 Life

I see you like hockey (Go, Sabres!!). My son has Afinogenov as our desktop wallpaper.....

Anyway, here is an amusing diversion - guaranteed NOT to skew the thread....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p19327ef7c061796602e991d6f3db288e/e9de5bf2.jpg

E hagarty, hockey fan here too, even though my boys STUNK UP THE JOINT this year (:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: Flyers). That is an AWESOME picture

ehagerty
04-18-2007, 09:08 PM
E hagarty, hockey fan here too, even though my boys STUNK UP THE JOINT this year (:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: Flyers). That is an AWESOME picture

Here's hoping you have a better next year - or, you could switch teams....

TheatreLady
04-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Ok I have got to say it........These are all hilarious! I've never laughed so hard.

jcc0621
04-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Here's hoping you have a better next year - or, you could switch teams....

That will never happen......I have been following the Flyers since I was 6 years old (Hard not to with 2 older brothers and 1 tv back then) I watch them good or bad. WHich is how most hockey fans are about their team.

bethbuchall
04-24-2007, 02:48 PM

We certainly didn't complain about it, but dh did suffer from motion sickness while in the Garden Grill. He is extremely sensitive to motion, and he definitely could feel the rotation. He just left dinner early to go sit on a stationary bench and wait for the rest of us.

KPeveler
04-24-2007, 02:58 PM
We certainly didn't complain about it, but dh did suffer from motion sickness while in the Garden Grill. He is extremely sensitive to motion, and he definitely could feel the rotation. He just left dinner early to go sit on a stationary bench and wait for the rest of us.

That is the appropriate, polite thing to do. If the restaurant rotates, and you are prone to motion sickness, then you should be prepared.

complaining while knowingly in a rotating restaurant that you are motion sick is like complaining you got motion sick on RnR. If you think you're going to get sick, you need to avoid such situations, or politely correct the situation by moving to a stationary area. what did the woman think, they were going to stop the whole restaurant for her?

ReneeDisney
04-24-2007, 03:30 PM
It was a beautiful afternoon at the Beach Club and my husband and I decided to leave the pool and head to Beaches N' Cream for some ice cream sundaes. We checked in at the counter and had a 10 minute wait. As we are walking way from the counter a man goes to the podium and says, "I am her for my table for Four, the concierge called ahead for a table for me".

The poor CM looked at him and proceeded to tell him that they didn't take advance reservations that the only way to get a table was to walk-up and get on the list for the next available table. He didn't like that answer and began to raise his voice saying "The Concierge said.... we are staying on the concierge floor- we have special priviledges you know -what do you think I pay extra for."

At this point you could see that his wife was very embarrased and tried to talk to him and get him to leave. He wouldn't budge! The CM again explained the seating policy and he didn't like that again, so he picked up the phone and dialed the Concierge- determined to get his table. He spoke a bit with the concierge, hung up the phone and walked away - FAST!!

The CM at the check-in counter then made a big announcement that all guests must sign-in at the counter or NO ICE CREAM!

My DH and I still laugh at this story, b/c the man was so determined to get his table, that he wasted so much time arguing - his poor kids missed out on ice cream!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
04-24-2007, 06:22 PM
It was a beautiful afternoon at the Beach Club and my husband and I decided to leave the pool and head to Beaches N' Cream for some ice cream sundaes. We checked in at the counter and had a 10 minute wait. As we are walking way from the counter a man goes to the podium and says, "I am her for my table for Four, the concierge called ahead for a table for me".

The poor CM looked at him and proceeded to tell him that they didn't take advance reservations that the only way to get a table was to walk-up and get on the list for the next available table. He didn't like that answer and began to raise his voice saying "The Concierge said.... we are staying on the concierge floor- we have special priviledges you know -what do you think I pay extra for."

At this point you could see that his wife was very embarrased and tried to talk to him and get him to leave. He wouldn't budge! The CM again explained the seating policy and he didn't like that again, so he picked up the phone and dialed the Concierge- determined to get his table. He spoke a bit with the concierge, hung up the phone and walked away - FAST!!

The CM at the check-in counter then made a big announcement that all guests must sign-in at the counter or NO ICE CREAM!

My DH and I still laugh at this story, b/c the man was so determined to get his table, that he wasted so much time arguing - his poor kids missed out on ice cream!As someone who always stays in Conciegre at WDW it makes me sick that this person thought they could go right to front of the line and how the Concierge there did not know Beaches & Cream does not take ADR's is beyond me. The times when my family and I made ADR's for Chef Mickey's or Concourse Steakhouse when staying on the Atrium Club Concierge floor at the Contemporary, we never expected to be seated right away because we were staying on a Concierge floor in the same Resort where those restaurants were located.

TMB1203
04-24-2007, 07:33 PM

That is so funny! We took my mom, sis and bro in Feb. The second day, my sister who was beyond crabby decided she was going to go to DTD because she was themed parked out....:lmao:

I reminded her that we were on day 2 of a 7 day vacation and that it was going to be a long trip if she was already tired of it. :rolleyes1

TMB1203
04-24-2007, 07:47 PM

OMG! That is hilarious!!! I amout choked on my dinner while reading this. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I love WCC...just because of this type of thing!!!

katiebsmom
04-24-2007, 08:31 PM

Not exactly at Disney, but I wittnessed a woman spank her little girl 2 or 3 years old because she wouldn't stop crying that she needed to tee tee. I was horrified.

I did wittness something wierd at Disney on my honeymoon though. DH and I had stopped to watch a high school marching band come through the park when I saw a woman take down her child's pants (again this child looked to be 2 or 3 years old) and proceeded to hold her over the bushes and let her pee :eek: . I know you gotta go when you gotta go but that was waaaay wierd considering there are bathrooms everywhere :confused3 .

TheatreLady
04-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Not exactly at Disney, but I wittnessed a woman spank her little girl 2 or 3 years old because she wouldn't stop crying that she needed to tee tee. I was horrified.

I did wittness something wierd at Disney on my honeymoon though. DH and I had stopped to watch a high school marching band come through the park when I saw a woman take down her child's pants (again this child looked to be 2 or 3 years old) and proceeded to hold her over the bushes and let her pee :eek: . I know you gotta go when you gotta go but that was waaaay wierd considering there are bathrooms everywhere :confused3 .

:eek: is all I can say........or look like.

Mayra
05-13-2007, 09:26 AM
bump

mickeymousemom
05-13-2007, 10:01 AM

So. You're supposed to eat bacon with a fork? I've never seen anyone do that. Oh well.:confused3

This thread is hilarious. I know I've heard plenty of weird complaints but can't remember any at the time. I know I'll definitely be carryin a notebook on my next trip just for writing this stuff down!:)

jackskellingtonsgirl
05-13-2007, 10:12 AM
At AKL (I can't remember which trip) there was a man at the front desk with his little boy. The boy, who looked about 3, had apparently lost his misting fan. The dad was livid because it hadn't been turned in to lost & found. The CM gave him a voucher to get a new one (or credited his room for the cost of one - something), but that wasn't enough to make him hush.:rolleyes:

I wasn't really paying that much attention because I was settling our bill, but when we walked away DH asked me if I heard what the guy was griping about.

sdbirdsong
05-13-2007, 11:34 AM

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Now that's thinking om your feet. :thumbsup2 Good job to the CM who diffused that situation. And its a wonder that the non-face characters can write at all in those encumbered, heavy costumes.:rolleyes1

stagemomx3
05-13-2007, 12:10 PM

:confused3 I don't get why this is a weird request? Some people don't want to eat their dinner surrounded by small children. I don't think it is anymore out of line to make a request to not sit by children than any other dining request.

TDC Nala
05-13-2007, 01:04 PM
:confused3 I don't get why this is a weird request? Some people don't want to eat their dinner surrounded by small children. I don't think it is anymore out of line to make a request to not sit by children than any other dining request.

I think it is more the incongruity of asking to be seated away from children when one has chosen to vacation at a resort built and run specifically to cater to families with children.

I personally do not subscribe to the "Disney is only for children" point of view. But one needs to expect to be near children everywhere, even the nicer restaurants (Victoria and Alberts is probably the only exception, and even then there have been a few examples on the boards of parents paying the big bucks to bring small kids there - they don't have a children's menu).

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-13-2007, 01:06 PM
:confused3 I don't get why this is a weird request? Some people don't want to eat their dinner surrounded by small children. I don't think it is anymore out of line to make a request to not sit by children than any other dining request.I think to request a table away from children sounds weird since your in WDW and no matter how fancy a restaurant is, there is a chance of children coming in. The expection being Victoria & Alberts, (although I have read posts of parents brining little kids there) so to make a request like that sounds weird. Besides what if this person got that request but later on a family with 2 or 3 kids were seated next to them, is the hostest going see if it's ok with this person that a family with kids be at the next table?

SallyfromDE
05-13-2007, 05:51 PM

It's probably about 90+% children. That could be why it's a weird request. Your in Disney World!!!

RDCAnthony
05-13-2007, 08:18 PM

THEY ARE AT DISNEY WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stagemomx3
05-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I get that DW is full of children, my point was that I don't think it's a weird request for someone who doesn't have children to ask to not be seated by children. How is that any different than asking to be seated outside in the hopes of seeing Spectro Magic during dinner at Tony's or asking to sit by the tanks at Coral Reef. It's just a preference and they may or may not be able to fulfill it.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I get that DW is full of children, my point was that I don't think it's a weird request for someone who doesn't have children to ask to not be seated by children. How is that any different than asking to be seated outside in the hopes of seeing Spectro Magic during dinner at Tony's or asking to sit by the tanks at Coral Reef. It's just a preference and they may or may not be able to fulfill it.Because having someone say I don't want to sit around children is weird, since your on vacation in Walt Disney World.

sanapunk
05-14-2007, 07:27 PM
A father was complaining that he wanted to see the manager when the CMs at Space Mountain wouldn't let him furthur in the fastpass line than he was because he seemed to have "misplaced" his ticket.

He went on and on about spending a lot of money here, the usual. So angry, irresponsible dad got to cut about 10 patient, responsible people in line to get on the ride.

starlionblue
05-14-2007, 07:33 PM
I have a few.

"THOSE PEOPLE ARENT SUPPOSED BE SMOKING IN THE PARK!!!!" (we were in a SMOKING SECTION!):confused3

"EVERTHING IS TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE HERE" :rotfl2:

"I CANT SEE THE PARADE CAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE STANDING IN FRONT OF ME!":lmao:

"ITS TOO HOT":rolleyes:

Those kinds of things always make me laugh! :lmao:

1. Then why are YOU in the smoking section? (heh heh!)
2. Nobody is going to force you to buy it so puhleeze don't have a cow!
3. That's why people show up early!
4. Ummm.... there's a lovely place called the Amundsen-Scott Station. The temperatures average -20 degrees most of the year. Winds top 100 mph in the middle of the year. Hope that helps!:rotfl:

starlionblue
05-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I hear this complaint daily while in WDW and I cannot understand all of the complaining about walking. Maybe they thought there was going to be a trolly. :laughing:

I believe these morons thought Disney had free Segways for personal use for everyone! Believe it or not, I've seen someone on another message board complain about that!:lmao:

Island Mouse
05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Because having someone say I don't want to sit around children is weird, since your on vacation in Walt Disney World.

I don't think it is weird at all to request to not be seated next to children in a restaurant in WDW. But it is weird to demand this, or to even expect to have an entire meal there without a family being seated at a table near you.

I agree with the PP that this request is no stranger than the other requests people have for where they want to be seated at a restaurant. (ie: In a booth, by the window, away from the kitchen, etc.) It's just the chances of having this request fulfilled is rather small at WDW.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-14-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't think it is weird at all to request to not be seated next to children in a restaurant in WDW. But it is weird to demand this, or to even expect to have an entire meal there without a family being seated at a table near you.Even if a couple was able to request a table away from children, what if a family comes in 20 or 30 minutes later and the only available table is next to the couple that made the request. Does the host of the restaurant need to check with the couple to see if that family can sit next near them? That is where this request can go bad very fast since the couple did not want to sit by any children.

TinkerbellMama
05-14-2007, 07:55 PM
I will admit that I am one of the people that complain that it's hot. :blush: I know it's Florida and it's summer. I just like to complain about it for the sake of complaining, because my body doesn't handle the heat very well. I don't do it loudly (I only bother DBF with it ;) ), and I don't let it ruin my vacation.

Oh no! My MIL is one of those people who will not sthu (shut the heck up) about how hot it is. No matter how hot it really IS (or isn't), she will complain. Guaranteed. Whenever we go anywhere with her, she almost immediately starts to complain about the heat and any number of other horrible impositions on her comfort, so needless to say, we rarely go anywhere with her! We've tried to get her to come to WDW with us in the past, thinking she might want to share in her only grandchild's joy, but now I realize that's the WORST thing we could do. She would totally ruin our trip, and I'd be, well, ticked!

starlionblue
05-14-2007, 08:02 PM

A GREAT idea! We'll call it APR: Advance Parenting Reservations! The kid can call a toll-free number 24/7. "I would like to reserve a Mommy who is patient and won't scream at me for being too short to ride and having to go to the bathroom."
Disney Operator: "No problem, she'll arrive tomorrow at 9 a.m. to take you to breakfast. Now what's your REAL mom's credit card number?" (and the silly mom/dad should cough up the money for being such fools in the first place)

I'd pay good money to see the look on the actual parents' faces! Sadly, there will always be a few who totally flunked Parenting 101 and KNOW they did a lousy job! What is WRONG with society these days?! If I ever have kids, I'll NEVER scream at them over something they can't control.

Island Mouse
05-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Even if a couple was able to request a table away from children, what if a family comes in 20 or 30 minutes later. Does the host of the restaurant need to check with the couple to see if that family can sit next near them? That is where this request can go bad very fast since the couple did not want to sit by an children.

I think you misunderstood my point. I agree that the expectation that it would be fulfilled for the entire meal is what makes it weird. But I think the request itself isn't the weird part. To request a seating preference away from children is not strange in my opinion. Just like requesting to be sat next to the window. If I made this request myself, I wouldn't expect the hosts/hostesses at the restaurant to ask my permission to seat a family next to me. Same if the window seat wasn't available. I wouldn't expect them to ask the people sitting at the window seat table to leave so I could sit there either. But the request in and of itself is not weird....at least not to me.

flexsmom
05-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I had my bi-annual mom/daughter/daughter weekend trip with my mom and sister this past President's Day weekend and this time we picked the Ritz Carlton Grand Lakes - we splurged on Club Level, and let me tell you, did I get an earful up there about WDW! As a DVC member and a DISBoard reader, I tend to think that I at least know some strategy about WDW. This one guy was sitting in the lounge sipping his cocktail around 8pm complaining with his wife and her sister (their nanny had their kids in their rooms) about how Disney has overbuilt by putting up so many hotels. He went on about how there was no way that "Disney World can pack in all the guests from all of the hotels and still let in other people, too" - and that they had gone there - to "Disney World" at 2pm and after 4 hours had been able to ride only 4 rides. So - after a few minutes of hopefully inconspicuous eavesdropping, it became obvious to me that his "Disney World" is the Magic Kingdom, and all of the guests at all of those hotels only go to that park.....and getting there at 2pm on the Saturday of a long weekend, it shouldn't be crowded, right?

I love listening to people complain about not getting to enjoy the parks when they visit and it is clear that they did NOTHING to prepare in terms of any research or reading at all.

stagemomx3
05-14-2007, 10:56 PM
I think you misunderstood my point. I agree that the expectation that it would be fulfilled for the entire meal is what makes it weird. But I think the request itself isn't the weird part. To request a seating preference away from children is not strange in my opinion. Just like requesting to be sat next to the window. If I made this request myself, I wouldn't expect the hosts/hostesses at the restaurant to ask my permission to seat a family next to me. Same if the window seat wasn't available. I wouldn't expect them to ask the people sitting at the window seat table to leave so I could sit there either. But the request in and of itself is not weird....at least not to me.

:thumbsup2 Exactly my point! The request is not weird, especially in the nicer resturants. Now to make the request at a character meal, I might think that was a little weird.

Island Mouse
05-14-2007, 11:03 PM
:thumbsup2 Exactly my point! The request is not weird, especially in the nicer resturants. Now to make the request at a character meal, I might think that was a little weird.

I agree with you. Had the OP said the restaurant was Chef Mickey's instead of Artist Point....I would have felt differently about it too. :rotfl2:

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-14-2007, 11:17 PM
The only thing I still wonder is would the people who make that request be upset if a family of children were seated next to them after they were seated? My point is if they requested to be seated away from families and kids, wouldn't they be upset if the restaurant had to seat families and kids next to them?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-14-2007, 11:21 PM
I agree with you. Had the OP said the restaurant was Chef Mickey's instead of Artist Point....I would have felt differently about it too. :rotfl2:For the record someone else mentioned the story of the couple who wanted to be seated away from families, so it was not me.

stagemomx3
05-14-2007, 11:23 PM
The only thing I still wonder is would the people who make that request be upset if a family of children were seated next to them after they were seated? My point is if they requested to be seated away from families and kids, wouldn't they be upset if the restaurant had to seat families and kids next to them?

:snooty: Perhaps they would, but hopefully they would have enough good manners to not say anything.

marivaid
05-14-2007, 11:29 PM
It's more "funny" than "weird".. but a little kid (maybe 5) at the table next to us at Chef Mickey's had a fit when Mickey came to see him. He kept screaming I WANT SPONGEBOB!!!!!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-14-2007, 11:35 PM
It's more "funny" than "weird".. but a little kid (maybe 5) at the table next to us at Chef Mickey's had a fit when Mickey came to see him. He kept screaming I WANT SPONGEBOB!!!!!I wonder if the kids parents took him to Universal then to see Spongebob?

stagemomx3
05-14-2007, 11:49 PM
It's more "funny" than "weird".. but a little kid (maybe 5) at the table next to us at Chef Mickey's had a fit when Mickey came to see him. He kept screaming I WANT SPONGEBOB!!!!!

marivaid
05-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I wonder if the kids parents took him to Universal then to see Spongebob?

I wonder if he asked for Stitch once he got there :rotfl:

ThunderMTexpert
05-15-2007, 12:38 AM
While waiting for my DS to get her ice cream, I overheard tourists talking about how "ridiculous" fast passes were, because now they have to sit there and wait for their fast passes to activate. Um, the idea is to walk somewhere and do something ELSE until the fast pass time comes, idiots..:lmao:

Zooey72
05-15-2007, 12:59 AM
This happened to me a couple times when I worked there. Some jerk guest forgets his wallet/purse/camera/whatever valuable and when you go out of the way to return it to them undamaged and whole they have some threat like "its a good thing I got this back", or "you better not have taken any money". Very few did it, but the ones that did I wished I had thrown there stuff away instead. Most people were shocked to see that they got their valuables back. One guy was blown away that I returned his belly pouch that had over $1000 in it. I had to go in to look for ID, but I of course took nothing. He was stunned by that and wanted to give me $50, which I am not allowed to accept which stunned him more. Those experiences made up for the few bad ones, but the bad ones still agravate me.

(people leave a lot of stuff under the chairs at Star Tours).

Buzz Litebeer
05-15-2007, 01:15 AM
This happened to me a couple times when I worked there. Some jerk guest forgets his wallet/purse/camera/whatever valuable and when you go out of the way to return it to them undamaged and whole they have some threat like "its a good thing I got this back", or "you better not have taken any money". Very few did it, but the ones that did I wished I had thrown there stuff away instead.
I've also had a few guests do that to me. It's always surprising -- and disappointing -- how some folks seem so eager to blame their problems on the cast.

On a side note, only twice have I had guests find a large sum of cash with no ID and turn it in. In each case, the guest who turned it in was a teenager.

susan1
05-15-2007, 04:54 AM

i'm sorry but being british i find that remark very funny, it is the sort of remark many british would make and not to be taken too seriously:)

pampam
05-15-2007, 06:27 AM
So. You're supposed to eat bacon with a fork? I've never seen anyone do that. Oh well.:confused3

This thread is hilarious. I know I've heard plenty of weird complaints but can't remember any at the time. I know I'll definitely be carryin a notebook on my next trip just for writing this stuff down!:)

Actually you are supposed to eat bacon with your fork. The only proper excuse to not do so is if it is so crisp it shatters when stabbed with the fork. That's the proper etiquete. However, most people use their fingers, the same as they do french fries. In today's society people do both. However, at a formal meal, you would be looked down on if you picked your food up with your fingers.

stagemomx3
05-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Actually you are supposed to eat bacon with your fork. The only proper excuse to not do so is if it is so crisp it shatters when stabbed with the fork. That's the proper etiquete. However, most people use their fingers, the same as they do french fries. In today's society people do both. However, at a formal meal, you would be looked down on if you picked your food up with your fingers.

:scared1: See you do learn something new every day. I never knew that. I only like super crispy bacon that "shatters" so I guess I'm ok with still eating my bacon with my fingers.

inaminute
05-15-2007, 09:27 AM
I cannot understand all of the complaining about walking.

I think a lot of first timers underestimate the sheer size of the place. I know we did and so have all the other first-timers we've taken with us. Everything looks very different on the maps until you actually see it for yourself. There is no way to really KNOW what to expect until you've experienced WDW.

tiggerlady
05-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I overheard a lady say she wanted some "plastic silverware":rotfl2:
Is this an american saying, as we in the Uk we would ask for plastic cutlery?or knives and forks.

Squirlz
05-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Is this an american saying, as we in the Uk we would ask for plastic cutlery?or knives and forks.

Yes, "silverware" is just a way of saying "cutlery" for many people, without really thinking of the definition of the word! It usually goes unnoticed.

SallyfromDE
05-15-2007, 12:16 PM

Actually, "Silverware" is the formal stuff. Because it used to be made out of sterling silver. The everyday is called "flatware". But most people just refer to all of it as silverware. Cutlery is the different knives used in cooking.

amwhitaker
05-15-2007, 12:18 PM
These are great!!

I'll have to listen for anything said that is funny when I leave for my trip on Friday.

phamton
05-15-2007, 12:31 PM
One guy was blown away that I returned his belly pouch that had over $1000 in it.

Two weeks ago I returned a purse that had $9,300, credit cards, and two passports. The cash inside was 93 crisp $100 bills. They were very grateful and weren't even going to check to see if all the money was there--they were most worried about their passports. It made me feel good and balances out the times I've been accused of stealing someone's $10 Foster Grant sunglasses.

mla1977
05-15-2007, 01:16 PM
WHY is someone carrying around that much cash?

phamton
05-15-2007, 05:26 PM
WHY is someone carrying around that much cash?
Not a clue. I'm guessing they went to the bank earlier and converted foreign currency. They were from Holland.

Island Mouse
05-15-2007, 06:08 PM
For the record someone else mentioned the story of the couple who wanted to be seated away from families, so it was not me.

I know you weren't the one that posted the original weird complaint/request about not being seated next to kids. But when someone else questioned why that would be a weird complaint, you were one of the people that were defending it as such. Great thread by the way. popcorn::

Kath2003
05-15-2007, 06:16 PM
:scared1: See you do learn something new every day. I never knew that. I only like super crispy bacon that "shatters" so I guess I'm ok with still eating my bacon with my fingers.

Wow, today I learnt that it's acceptable to eat bacon without a fork in the US :lmao:

goofyernmost
05-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Wow, today I learnt that it's acceptable to eat bacon without a fork in the US :lmao:

Just further evidence that the colonies have gone to heck in a hand basket.

That reminds me of that old joke...should bacon be eaten with the fingers? No, the fingers should be eaten separately.

TexDisneyMom
05-16-2007, 09:30 AM
I loved these. I just sat and read all 13 pages of them!!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

horseshowmom
05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Just further evidence that the colonies have gone to heck in a hand basket.

That reminds me of that old joke...should bacon be eaten with the fingers? No, the fingers should be eaten separately.

:scared1: :rotfl2:

Andy B
05-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Actually, "Silverware" is the formal stuff. Because it used to be made out of sterling silver. The everyday is called "flatware". But most people just refer to all of it as silverware. Cutlery is the different knives used in cooking.

Only the handles would have been silver the blade would not.

Andy B
05-16-2007, 10:41 AM

What about eggs, easy over?:rotfl:

DiRTyBuNNy
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Subscribing. This thread is awesome.

--Mr. DB

SelfEmployedDebtFree
05-16-2007, 01:16 PM
I did see/hear something really strange on the last trip. We were in line for a ride and it was the hottest day of the trip. Now we had GREAT weather last week, but one day did get a bit hot. on THAT day, my son took along his spray mister fan. He had been searching all day for another child who also had a spray fan, who wanted to have a spray fight. He FINALLY found one/ It was HOT, and we were all sweating a little, and it was the hottest part of the day. So he sees this other boy, also about 9 years old, and they are both spraying themselves in the face. so my son grins at him and sprays him. then he grins back and the war is on. My wife and I, along with his mother, were all laughing. theres this lady standing a good 3 feet away who starts panicking. I told my son to step away from her because she dont want to get wet, so both of them stop spraying, then step away. Well, that STILL wasnt good enough. The lady (who's daughter is trying to lean into the spray to get cool also) says hatefully "Well!! I do NOT have to put up with THIS!!!" and stomps off. Now remember, the kids have already stopped when she does this, and she heard me tell them to stop. I looked at his mom, and we all started laughing. Then they started back up spraying and a few more kids joined in.:rotfl:
I felt sorry for her daughter. What a tour-guide!

Another strange thing I saw was this guy who looked VERY smart; looked like he'd be an engineer or scientist... (just judging from his professional look) who was asking the CM to please explain why his son's mister fan wouldnt spray. The CM turned the blade and showed him it worked, and the man turned the blade back in front of the sprayer and sprayed the blade again and insisted he get another one.:rolleyes1

SallyfromDE
05-16-2007, 02:49 PM
First, there is something about going out in public that makes people stupid. 2nd, maybe the heat was getting to them?

Goofy'slady
05-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Phantom-after reading your original post about the large sum of money I thought to myself...wow they sound like they're Dutch. Then when I read your 2nd response and saw that they were in fact Dutch I had to laugh out loud. My husband is Dutch and my in-laws travel with that much cash on them when they come to the states for a visit.

Small world huh?

Toya

MNRMommy
05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Phantom-after reading your original post about the large sum of money I thought to myself...wow they sound like they're Dutch. Then when I read your 2nd response and saw that they were in fact Dutch I had to laugh out loud. My husband is Dutch and my in-laws travel with that much cash on them when they come to the states for a visit.

Small world huh?

Toya

LOL - Maybe it was them:rotfl2:

phamton
05-16-2007, 05:20 PM
It was kind of unusual as they didn't realize the money was missing for a couple of hours. She had a cellphone in her purse (well it was more like a fannypack) so I called the last number dialed and got her travelling companion and told them that I had the purse.

Most foreign travellers use travellers checks or their credit cards. That's the most cash I've seen in a lost purse.

jcpuppy.com
05-16-2007, 07:38 PM

You know some kids just like to "sight see" bathrooms. While I have never spanked one of mine for that, I have told them NO especially our one, who would visit every bathroom if given a chance. After awhile you get tired of visiting bathroms for no other reason than a kid to see it.

I must say at such a young age that parent should have been grateful her kid was even trying to use the toilet. My one dear child wasnt totally potty trained until 5!! I would have gladly sight seen some bathrooms with him, if it would have helped him train sooner

helloirishkitty
05-16-2007, 08:05 PM
At AKL last year, the guy on the balcony next to me shouted "I DID NOT PAY $300 A NIGHT FOR THE GIRAFFE TO WALK THE (expletive) AWAY FROM ME! COME BACK HERE YOU LONG NECKED MAMMAL"

that *almost* made my vacation

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-16-2007, 08:13 PM
At AKL last year, the guy on the balcony next to me shouted "I DID NOT PAY $300 A NIGHT FOR THE GIRAFFE TO WALK THE (expletive) AWAY FROM ME! COME BACK HERE YOU LONG NECKED MAMMAL"

that *almost* made my vacation:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Horizons1
05-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I once had a friend complain on Splash mountain that she wished they just brought you straight to the hill first and not go through the rest of the ride.

I told her to go to six flags.

Buzz Litebeer
05-16-2007, 08:46 PM

The wise-guy in me would have yelled back "He's an ungulate, sir!"

/Yes, I know ungulates are mammals.
//No, that doesn't make it any less funny.

I once had a friend complain on Splash mountain that she wished they just brought you straight to the hill first and not go through the rest of the ride.

I told her to go to six flags.

Or Busch Gardens. Or Sea World. Or Knott's Berrry Farms. Or Hershey Park. Or any amusement park that has a "Shoot-the-Chutes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot-the-Chutes)" ride.

TheatreLady
05-20-2007, 06:33 PM

birdman94
05-20-2007, 07:11 PM
bump

SelfEmployedDebtFree
05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
This happened to me a couple times when I worked there. Some jerk guest forgets his wallet/purse/camera/whatever valuable and when you go out of the way to return it to them undamaged and whole they have some threat like "its a good thing I got this back", or "you better not have taken any money". Very few did it, but the ones that did I wished I had thrown there stuff away instead. Most people were shocked to see that they got their valuables back. One guy was blown away that I returned his belly pouch that had over $1000 in it. I had to go in to look for ID, but I of course took nothing. He was stunned by that and wanted to give me $50, which I am not allowed to accept which stunned him more. Those experiences made up for the few bad ones, but the bad ones still agravate me.

(people leave a lot of stuff under the chairs at Star Tours).

Kinda OT, but I had a similiar experience at home. On Hanes Mall Blvd in Winston Salem (a VERY VERY busy road at times) I spotted a wallet and cards scattered. It was peak traffic time. My wife pulled into a gas station and parked while I ran over to get it. I was hoping to find a wallet with NO ID and lots of cash (why lie???) but I found credit cards, social security cards, medical cards, and licenses, etc. I had to cross 3 lanes of traffic and dodge oncoming cars to gather it all.
I then began a quest to find the lady, which cost me approximately $5.00 in phone calls, several hours of my time, and a lot of trouble. Once I found her, she acted like she didnt even care. She acted mad that I had the nerve to call her for this good deed. She admitted it was her fault and her wallet fell off her car. I mailed it to her (another $4.50) and I never even got a thank you, let alone reinbursed for my trouble.
I told my wife if I had known from the beginning I was doing a good deed for a hateful person like her that I'd have just found the shadiest character I could find and gave it to him and saved myself the trouble. :rotfl2: People are strange.

gls8376
05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
I was in line at Test Track, just passed the line queue and getting ready to go into the preshow. A woman, very upset, asked to speak to a manager. She told the CM that they were waiting in line a very long time and because it was so hot they were dehydrated and they needed to go on the ride right away.

The CM offered to take them to first aid, but they didn't get to go on Test Track without waiting in line.

I just thought it was funny. Like everyone else around her weren't waiting in the same lines and standing in the same heat. Come on, it was Florida, it was August.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I was in line at Test Track, just passed the line queue and getting ready to go into the preshow. A woman, very upset, asked to speak to a manager. She told the CM that they were waiting in line a very long time and because it was so hot they were dehydrated and they needed to go on the ride right away.

The CM offered to take them to first aid, but they didn't get to go on Test Track without waiting in line.

I just thought it was funny. Like everyone else around her weren't waiting in the same lines and standing in the same heat. Come on, it was Florida, it was August.

What a moron. That's really all I can say without getting any uglier.

--Mr. DB

starlionblue
05-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Not a clue. I'm guessing they went to the bank earlier and converted foreign currency. They were from Holland.

Their being Dutch may have something to do with why there was so much cash in the pouch. I lived in Switzerland for nearly a year and learned VERY quickly why I HAD to stuff my wallet with a lot of money. Some cities are just old-fashioned. I couldn't use a debit or credit card anywhere and they don't use checks in any of the cantons I visited in Switzerland. On the other hand, crime in Switzerland is very low so I didn't feel too worried about being whacked on the head for my wallet. Some people come from societies where they don't use credit card scanners or write checks (quick fact: Americans write more checks per person than anyone else in the world. I'm serious.). As a result, they find nothing unusual about carrying massive amounts of cash.

OhioGrumpyGirl
05-30-2007, 09:57 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I cannot stop laughing about the corn!!!! I will never be able to look at corn again without thinking about this!!!

adabob
05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
This occured in DLR but it is the same

I was sitting in the theatre in DCA for the Alladin show and we were there for a few minutes and the little girl that sat next to me was complaining how bad the theatre looked compared to all the New York Broadway shows ( i guessign that they were from New York) i just thought that it was a nice theatre really nice 4 Disney standards
But i thought that this would tie in with this thread

Chantilly
05-31-2007, 11:31 AM
What about eggs, easy over?:rotfl:

Oh, those you just sop up with the toast! ;)

Caboosey
05-31-2007, 12:14 PM
It's probably about 90+% children. That could be why it's a weird request. Your in Disney World!!!

90% children? You think for every 1 adult at Disney World, there are 9 children? I think your calculations are totally off - I would put it more at about 55% children.

AmberI
05-31-2007, 01:23 PM

I'm sorry, Hello people poop! Poor little girl, when you take kids your trip will go slower.

SallyfromDE
05-31-2007, 09:07 PM
I think your being a tad picky!!

DisV
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM

HAHA that's funny. Actually I have a similar story...

We were in line (standby) at Soarin, behind a group of adolescent cheerleaders. After about two hours of waiting, a whole bunch of people walk through the FP lane, and one of the cheerleaders says, "What just because they have a FastPass they can go on the ride faster and before everyone else?!" Sadly, she was not being sarcastic but being completely serious and upset at this. That still amuses me today, although its been well over a year since it happened.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-31-2007, 10:56 PM
HAHA that's funny. Actually I have a similar story...

We were in line (standby) at Soarin, behind a group of adolescent cheerleaders. After about two hours of waiting, a whole bunch of people walk through the FP lane, and one of the cheerleaders says, "What just because they have a FastPass they can go on the ride faster and before everyone else?!" Sadly, she was not being sarcastic but being completely serious and upset at this. That still amuses me today, although its been well over a year since it happened.Misread that quote and posted the wrong thing.

Buzz Litebeer
05-31-2007, 11:24 PM
I wonder if the Cast Member who collects the Fast Passes made them go back into the stand by line and wait another 2 hours, since they obviously did not have any Fast Passes.
Huh? :confused3

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Huh? :confused3My bad I read that quote wrong. I thought the cheerleaders snuck into the Fast Pass line, so a mistake on my part.

Candid
06-01-2007, 08:46 AM
I think your being a tad picky!!

Who is?

Tigger22
06-01-2007, 08:58 AM

This was a while back in the threads - but I had to comment. My SIL is a CM at RFC in DTD. She said she gets screamed at on a daily basis about the food not being cooked right. She takes the orders, gets the drinks - but doesn't even deliver the food (or cook it). I mean SCREAMED at before they even tell anyone the food is not right or cooked right. This is why I will take a job digging sewers before I waitress, because I think I would have to hurt the first rude customer :rotfl2: and get immediately fired!

My experience may also be a bit more rude than weird, but in March we were waiting for the bus back to our resort from Epcot. There was a long line of us waiting in the queue line (that you see every time you get in line for a bus- hello). It just wasn't just one or two of us. A woman dragged her daughter past us all, and stood in front of all of us, not in line but right up in front where she could have gotten hit by the bus pulling up. When the girl next to us tapped her on the shoulder and told her the line was behind her between the bars, she ripped into this girl, saying how was she suppose to know where the line was. :confused3 And that she (the girl) should have told her nicely. Then she moved to the back and we all had a laugh - after all, how was she suppose to know where the line was!

DiRTyBuNNy
06-01-2007, 09:10 AM
This was a while back in the threads - but I had to comment. My SIL is a CM at RFC in DTD. She said she gets screamed at on a daily basis about the food not being cooked right. She takes the orders, gets the drinks - but doesn't even deliver the food (or cook it). I mean SCREAMED at before they even tell anyone the food is not right or cooked right. This is why I will take a job digging sewers before I waitress, because I think I would have to hurt the first rude customer :rotfl2: and get immediately fired!

My experience may also be a bit more rude than weird, but in March we were waiting for the bus back to our resort from Epcot. There was a long line of us waiting in the queue line (that you see every time you get in line for a bus- hello). It just wasn't just one or two of us. A woman dragged her daughter past us all, and stood in front of all of us, not in line but right up in front where she could have gotten hit by the bus pulling up. When the girl next to us tapped her on the shoulder and told her the line was behind her between the bars, she ripped into this girl, saying how was she suppose to know where the line was. :confused3 And that she (the girl) should have told her nicely. Then she moved to the back and we all had a laugh - after all, how was she suppose to know where the line was!

I just about have to smack the snot out of somebody everytime I go to WDW. At least once if not three times during a trip someone pulls this and I have no problem with being rude and making them look absolutely stupid by telling them to go to the back of the line.

--Mr. DB

Princess Bella Luna
06-01-2007, 01:43 PM
This is one of the BEST threads ever .... SUBSCRIBE!

One of the more rude things I seen was at Epcot. A women approached a CM in the Japan pavilion and asked where to get Chinese food. The CM said, "Oh, this is Japan - China is ..." and pointed her in the right direction. The woman kinda huffed, tossed her head and said, "You people are all the same!"

DiRTyBuNNy
06-01-2007, 02:02 PM

One of the more rude things I seen was at Epcot. A women approached a CM in the Japan pavilion and asked where to get Chinese food. The CM said, "Oh, this is Japan - China is ..." and pointed her in the right direction. The woman kinda huffed, tossed her head and said, "You people are all the same!"

and if I was a person standing nearby I would have interrupted and said "No, ignorant people like you are all the same. blah blah blah"

--Mr. DB

SallyfromDE
06-01-2007, 03:45 PM

She was just flat out rude!! I would have had to say something to her, then my mother would have told me I was rude!!

RebelHawk
06-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Too funny. Please keep these coming.

reginaastralis
06-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok, this isn't something that I overheard, but something I said.

My sister and I go to Disney often, she's nine. One of the "rules" we have is "no whining!". See, when you go with your sister, they tend not to listen and WHINE.

So, it's nearly 12:30 am and the end of the pirate and Princess Party. We had just gotten off the teacups, and told Jordyn it was time to go. We were with another family and their Jordan had picked the teacups. Suddenly, Jordyn decided to errupt in a fit of whines. "But HE picked that ride and I didn't ... and I want to go on some more rides! And I don't want to leave, we just nearly got here! And Juliette got to pick more rides than me ... you don't like me!" Whew ... I bout lost it ... so I looked at her calmly and said "Sorry, I can't hear you. Walt forgot to add whining to all the things you can do here. You know it's not in the rule book. Remember, there's no whining at Disney." and walked off, leaving her just standing there in all her preteen glory.

The dad next to us about died. He was laughing so hard! "Honey, did you hear that? There's no whining at Disney. She said there's a rule book, she actually told that little girl there is a rule book at Disney. Can you believe that?"

It's still funny to me ... just b/c that dad about died. Jordyn came up and said she was sorry, and we were off ... but seriously, there is no whining at Disney!

Alesia
02-13-2008, 03:36 PM

RMulieri
02-13-2008, 04:00 PM

I got yelled at by someone in the standby line for cutting the line.....:goodvibes

Talking Hands
02-13-2008, 05:44 PM
But if MGM is crowded the MK is going to really crowded. If MGM is too crowded I would head for Epcot or AK.

Rhonna
02-13-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't mean anything bad here but I am having trouble understanding how a mechanism that is placed to only touch one's (how can I say this eloquently) lower posterior hit someone in the ribs unless you are lying down on the seats. Maybe I am just forgetting the exact location that I have felt it but it seems to me to be much lower.

:confused3 :confused3

There is a mechanism on the seats where your rear end sits, which you are probably referring to, that feels like bugs "crawling" under you. There is also a mechanism, that the PP are referring to, that is located in the seat back which you lean your back (and hence, the spine and back ribs) against - this one "pokes" out at you as if you are being stung. It can feel pretty hard on your back.

If you look at the benches when the lights are turned on, you can see the holes where the "stingers" come out. Some may be located near the lower back or up a bit higher - I know I've felt them in my mid-back area. Possibly the height of the person also determines where on their back they would feel the stinger.

If someone was leaning forward in their seat, or was already starting to get up from sitting (since this all happens at the end of the show) or if for some reason the mechanism on your particular seat wasn't working correctly, then some people may never have felt that poke in their back.

Hope this helps clear it up.

Talking Hands
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM
We had a woman complain because the CM asked her to move her wheelchair down so the area at the end of the handicapped section could be used by the deaf and hard of hearing as that was the day the parade is interpreted.

disneyfav4ever
02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
But if MGM is crowded the MK is going to really crowded. If MGM is too crowded I would head for Epcot or AK.Not necessarily. If it's a day MGM has EMH, MK probably would be less crowded.

Buzz Litebeer
02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
troll?
If so, his Troll-Fu is weak.

disneyfav4ever
02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
troll?I think so, if you go to his profile, there's a link for his homepage. Don't click it when there's any kids around! I reported it to the mods.

Destination Disney
02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I was in the Mk and a lady asked me where Mt. Everest was....:rotfl: !
She had her map out and everything!
(Sorry...wrong park!)

rockstargeisha
02-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I was in the Mk and a lady asked me where Mt. Everest was....:rotfl: !
She had her map out and everything!
(Sorry...wrong park!)

Did you tell her it was a really, really, really long walk? :rotfl2:

BirdsOfPreyDave
02-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I always laugh when I hear people complain about how bossy and rude their server was at 50s Prime Time Cafe. :rotfl2:

carlyle688
02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
The other night I heard a couple at Epcot complaining to a CM that they saw someone who was drunk. Wait --- isn't that the reason people go to Epcot????:rotfl2:

ntsammy5
02-13-2008, 08:40 PM
The other night I heard a couple at Epcot complaining to a CM that they saw someone who was drunk.

That could have been me! The drunk that is. :lmao:

Diznygrl
02-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I always laugh when I hear people complain about how bossy and rude their server was at 50s Prime Time Cafe. :rotfl2:

I can vouch for that! I was waiting to be seated when this lady and her kids came out of the dining area, went to the hostess and let her know that her waiter had been "VERY RUDE". The hostess asked the lady his name, and the lady said, "I don't know, but it was that table over there. He was just VERY RUDE." Then she left. The hostess was just kind of like, "Umm...okay." I found it strange that a server could be so rude, but then it occurred to me that the most likely scenario was that this lady clearly did not "get the joke" of the restaurant and thought being asked to set your own table and being reprimanded for elbows on the table, etc. was actually genuine rudeness. I had a bit of a laugh over that one.

Ilovestitch
02-13-2008, 09:14 PM
There two were told to me by a CM on Disney Cruise Line:

About 15 minutes after guests were first allowed in their stateroom this man storms down to guest relations and says "I want my money back and off this ship, I didn't get what I paid for!!!" Ranting and raving. The CM asked him what was wrong. He said he paid for a room with an ocean view balcony and his balcony overlooks a parking lot. The CM said "Sir, the ship hasn't left Port Canaveral yet...".

Another one: The CM said he was running bingo on the ship and a supervisor told him a woman was coming to bingo who has had a terrible time on the cruise- she complained about everything- food was too hot, room was too cold, etc. So they said just to make sure she had a good time at bingo.

Before bingo started, the CM was doing a little question/answer with the guests and this particular lady asked "Does the crew spend the night on the ship, too?". The CM replied "No, a helicopter picks us up around midnight and takes us home, and then brings us back in the morning". The audience laughed.

The next morning the lady stormed down to guest relations and complained about the noise from the helicopter and how it kept her up all night! :rotfl2:

Em&Bec'sMom
02-13-2008, 09:36 PM
A little setup: On our first trip to Disney, we arrived at MK on our first day about 4:00 pm, did a few rides, had dinner at LTT, did a few more rides and called it a night after Wishes. It wasn't a whole lot of time at MK, but we knew we'd be back another day. Well, we should have explained this to DD(then 4). Next morning, we head to Epcot, as we had ADR's for Princess Breakfast. We get off the bus and are walking toward the entrance (barely in sight of the turnstiles) when Bec says "I want to go to the park". I answer with "We are going to a park, this is EPCOT". She replies "I want to go to a different park!" We all knew that by "different", she meant back to MK.

We learned our lesson and second trip began with first two days at MK. ;)

stellablue
02-13-2008, 09:50 PM

Hope I'm not causing a rukus by saying this, but I was thinking the same thing. Personally, I would never make this request (I've never had an unpleasant "kids" experience at a restaurant), but if someone really and truly wants/needs a break from being around kids for one night and can't afford to eat at V&A's, I think this is a fine request-if it's doable...or maybe there could be a better way to word it (i.e. "may I have a table in a quiet area?")

I personally like to sometimes request tables away from the bar when I go out to eat (WDW & nonWDW-when it's possible of course. I love kids and don't mind an occassional meltdown, but I have an aversion to loud drunk people...to the point where it can really disrupt my meal and mood.

Again, I hope I'm not causing a stink here, but I do think it's reasonable to request something like this. WDW is inevitably full of kids, but I can sympathize with some tired adults who might have had a chaotic day at the park, kids screaming in their ear or what not, maybe a past experience with a kid throwing food or what have you, and they view a peaceful meal as "no kids around." Again, sharing a restaurant with kids is no concern for me most of the time (I enjoy being around them!), but I have had meals ruined by loud drunk people, enough times that if I walk into a place and the bar is packed, I'll ask to sit away from that area.

JMHO & please no flames! :lovestruc

GrowingUpDisney
02-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Hope I'm not causing a rukus by saying this, but I was thinking the same thing. Personally, I would never make this request (I've never had an unpleasant "kids" experience at a restaurant), but if someone really and truly wants/needs a break from being around kids for one night and can't afford to eat at V&A's, I think this is a fine request-if it's doable...or maybe there could be a better way to word it (i.e. "may I have a table in a quiet area?")

I personally like to sometimes request tables away from the bar when I go out to eat (WDW & nonWDW-when it's possible of course. I love kids and don't mind an occassional meltdown, but I have an aversion to loud drunk people...to the point where it can really disrupt my meal and mood.

Again, I hope I'm not causing a stink here, but I do think it's reasonable to request something like this. WDW is inevitably full of kids, but I can sympathize with some tired adults who might have had a chaotic day at the park, kids screaming in their ear or what not, maybe a past experience with a kid throwing food or what have you, and they view a peaceful meal as "no kids around." Again, sharing a restaurant with kids is no concern for me most of the time (I enjoy being around them!), but I have had meals ruined by loud drunk people, enough times that if I walk into a place and the bar is packed, I'll ask to sit away from that area.

JMHO & please no flames! :lovestruc

I don't think it is an unreasonable request - as long as the people do not go to a character meal and expect to receive a table in a "quiet place away from children"! LOL

stellablue
02-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't think it is an unreasonable request - as long as the people do not go to a character meal and expect to receive a table in a "quiet place away from children"! LOL

I agree!! Depends on the restaurant of course;)

stellablue
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM

Oh my goodness, we just witnessed a doozy of a customer there last week who clearly didn't get it-post #3 here if you are interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1715055&page=2

Although I think this guy might have just escaped from the zoo, so it's likely that he would have acted this way regardless of the theming of PTC! :rotfl:

captinhookedondisney
02-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Very Skinny Girl"I wish you got more food with the DDP "

I couldn't help my self but start cracking up. This is in the Coral Reef and after the biggest meal i have ever had!

stellablue
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

stellablue
02-13-2008, 10:50 PM

Just wanted to know the rest of the story-did they actually leave the line or did they "miraculously" feel less dehydrated after that?

KorieDWnut
02-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Oh my goodness, we just witnessed a doozy of a customer there last week who clearly didn't get it-post #3 here if you are interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1715055&page=2

Although I think this guy might have just escaped from the zoo, so it's likely that he would have acted this way regardless of the theming of PTC! :rotfl:

omg that is terrible!!
I think I will avoid the prime time cafe though only because while dh would "get" the joke, he is very shy and wouldn't like, play along.He would probably smile but not say anything. He wouldnt appreciate the joke. But that is way way different that than ugly nasty man. omg. The poor waitress.

stellablue
02-14-2008, 12:03 AM
omg that is terrible!!
I think I will avoid the prime time cafe though only because while dh would "get" the joke, he is very shy and wouldn't like, play along.He would probably smile but not say anything. He wouldnt appreciate the joke. But that is way way different that than ugly nasty man. omg. The poor waitress.

Oh, please dont skip PTC!! The food and theming are so good! I felt so bad for that server-she was such a young girl and Big Ugly Dad was just...well Big & Ugly & mean! I was afraid to look in his direction after a while, for fear that he might say something to me! :eek: The thing is, the server really wasn't even that "harsh." It started out that she was a few minutes late coming over after they were seated (the restaurant was beyond packed!!) and she playfully asked him to set the table-:confused3 I've read so many other stories on here about other servers who were way more "harsh." Our server was great. It sounds like your DH and I are the same in that way-I get really shy too. I think our waitress sensed this though because she geared most of her jokes towards DBF who took it like a pro!