PDA

View Full Version : Parking apparently was a "pain" yesterday at Disneyland

TheLionKing
01-21-2001, 08:35 AM
I did a quick trip report if anyone wants to read from yesterday.

We arrived at 12:30 and we were parking on the roof of Mickey's and Friends. I was talking to a cast member at the Parade of Stars and he said he was working the "phones" and they got a number of calls from people who could not find parking that afternoon.

Now I don't know if it was because "Big Mike" was there and the event at DCA, but I am not sure how parking is going to work once DCA is open. A saving grace may be that Mickey and Friends apaprently is still not 100% utilized and they are doing some final repairs but you may want to think about alternate parking if you are arriving later in the afternoon.

http://www.arrhythmiaconsultants.com/images/profile/twitter.jpg

DL multiple times
DL GC Disneyana Convention '01
WDW offsite '92, Grosvenor '96, AS-Mu '98,
Disneyana Convention AS-Mu '00,

Michelle
01-21-2001, 09:33 AM
Oh yuk, Lion King, the parking problems are evidencing themselves already, eh? :(

I actually toyed with the idea of taking my DD over there last night, now I'm glad I didn't. I do hope that once the Mickey and Friends structure is fully operational that things will get better...

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

KAWALLA
01-21-2001, 10:39 AM
We went Friday night to DCA and parking was a mess.

Kathy :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

mettlerca
01-21-2001, 04:17 PM
I was there today (Sunday) and so were thousands of others! We parked around 9:30 and most of the people were headed for DCA. When we took the monorail for a ride we saw that the streets were jammed and some lots closed. When we returned to the Mickey lot at 1:30 they were actually running so many trams that they only did pick up on the usual side and dropped off on the side closest to oversized parking. BONUS: The express freeway onramps were open when exiting the Mickey lot (what a breeze!).

I think that all of the DCA preview days where they sell out the preview w/ 30,000 tickets will provide some traffic problems! But DL was nice and calm as usual :