PDA

View Full Version : Am I just CRAZY or does anyone else DREAM about Sleeping in the Castle?

Wendi
01-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Am I just Crazy or does anyone else DREAM :cloud9: of what it would be like to spend the night in :tink:"THE" Castle? I would probably pass out if I got picked, but I think I would act like a 13 year old girl giggling infront of a boy I liked if I got to sleep there. It would be so Surreal or DREAMY. It would be such a Monumental event in my family's life that we would have something no one else can talk about to talk about with everyone. Not that going to Disney isn't something to talk about but to sleep in "THE" Castle. :cloud9: OMG! Just curious if anyone else out there was the same way.

MemoryMakers2669
01-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Actually the thought freaks me out a little. Same as I could'nt live in the woods, with no neighbors, too scary. I like people around me. You would be so alone in there by yourselves!

I am the freak, I know!

Von Drake
01-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I am scheduling additional visits this year to increase our odds. For me, sure, but I hope to win just so DW and I can see the looks on our DD's faces.

Sammie
01-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Actually the thought freaks me out a little. Same as I could'nt live in the woods, with no neighbors, too scary. I like people around me. You would be so alone in there by yourselves!

I am the freak, I know!

Well count me as a freak too then. I have no desire to stay there. :eek:

laura12581
01-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Well I read somewhere that the first night they will be picking someone is Jan24th- can't remember now where.. but anyway, I will be there and the 25th is my birthday so....... I think it's only fair! It would be a once in a lifetime experience and I hope that someone on the DIS gets picked so that we can get details!!
Laura

tinawv
01-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Sleep in the Castle? Are you kidding; I want to live in the Castle. ;)

bab31
01-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I am missing them picking me by a few days, we dont arrive till the evening of the 26th:rolleyes:

MickeyMousesGal
01-14-2007, 09:11 PM
I would love to sleep in THE Castle. I'd get this giggly feeling if I stepped into the apartment, but also I'd be a little creeped out thinking that this room was made for Walt. But to stay in it would be a once in a lifetime dream! Dreams do come true!:cloud9:

MickeyMousesGal

GrumpyFamilyof5
01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes.......ahhhhhh.....princess:
gotta love dreams!!;)

mommyaof2
01-14-2007, 09:28 PM

I am the freak, I know!

I am right there with you! The thought kindof freaks me out too! To be in a deserted park all night! I would not want to win this.:eek:

GrumpyFamilyof5
01-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I am right there with you! The thought kindof freaks me out too! To be in a deserted park all night! I would not want to win this.:eek:

You can send it my way!!:yay: Seriously though, you wouldn't be alone, you'd have your family there with you and I'm sure there would be someone in the park in case of emergency.:thumbsup2
I'll admit, not to fond of the dark myself and such, but to see the look on my DD's face.princess: Would be worth it.
Course I'm going to be realistic here...as if I'd win it....

thunderbird1
01-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Don't be freaked out--I'd guess you'll have plenty of company at night. Once the last guest leaves, the lights come up and out come hundreds of night shift employees. That's when a lot of the work gets done--cleaning, painting, landscaping, deliveries, seasonal decorations put up and taken down, etc.

I haven't heard much about spending the night in the castle--will it just be certain nights or is it every night? Disneyland in California has a new Mickey Mouse suite that they're using for the YOAMD, but it's in the Disneyland Hotel, not the castle (DL's is too small). I've heard they're picking a different family every night to sleep in the suite. It looks amazing, but not as amazing as spending the night in the castle in the MK.

ploto
01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
The park is anything but empty at night, during our last WDW trip we had a MK view in Contemporary. Every now and then when I would wake up in the middle of the night I would look over at the MK and, the lights stay on all through the night and people are out cleaning, etc.

GalDisney
01-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I don't have any particular interset in staying the night there.. Now, maybe if Prince Charming were there...lol
Although i think i would like to maybe be able to vivst the room, but i dont think i would like to sleep there.

mickeysaver
01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Until I saw the pictures of the suite, I had no desire to stay there. Now, I want to more and more each day. That would make a heck of a birthday gift. Maggie

lucysdad
01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I just read on another post that you get locked in until 8 a.m.the next morning, when you have to be out. I would have serious anxiety all night and then I'd have to be up way too early, assuming that I would fall asleep at all. Ooooh, it's not for me!
Lucy's Mom

MelanieC
01-14-2007, 11:16 PM
I've thought about it several times.........I would totally love it!

spiceycat
01-15-2007, 08:42 AM
definitely want too!!!

but I just wish there were more outside windows.

sleeping - who is planning on sleeping.:goodvibes

oh despite the rumors - since the castle was build long after Walt died - I don't think it was ever for him. Now his brother Roy who worked very, very, very hard to build it - might have used it if he wanted to. They preferred the Polyn (I think?)

he died in the 60's - the castle wasn't build until the 70's.

thptrek
01-15-2007, 11:21 AM
My DD would just go crazy if we were picked to stay in the castle.

Gdad
01-15-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm sure there is plenty of activity in the park at all hours- cleaning, maintenance, etc. You are surely not going to be in there alone.

As for locking you in I don't see how they could do that either. They may lock you out of the rest of the park- Isn't there access from the castle to the lower level?

Luv0Lea4
01-15-2007, 11:40 AM
i would absolutly love love LOVE to sleep in the castle! I think I'd be so excited I wouldn't be able to sleep, so it would be more like staying in the castle over night! It would deffinetly be a dream come true! If they picked me I think i would here the heavens open up and here the alleluia chorus LOL :jumping1:

hannahsmomma
01-15-2007, 12:42 PM
It is a sweepstakes that you have to enter. They will draw a family each day of the YOMD, but you have to be able to stay there that night. I am not sure of the start and end dates. I know if we were picked I would stop at nothing to get down there. My dd (6) would be in heaven and so would her mom!

MemoryMakers2669
01-15-2007, 01:13 PM
so they aren't picking people that are actually there??? Where are the rules to this written at, anyone know? Just curious.

Renee1061
01-15-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't have to enter a sweepstakes to win a night in the castle. This is from the Disney website:

"A Cast Member might tap you on the shoulder to invite you to be a special Guest that night in the new Cinderella Castle Suite - in the heart of Magic KingdomŪ Park."

vhoffman
01-15-2007, 02:34 PM
I just read on another post that you get locked in until 8 a.m.the next morning, when you have to be out. I would have serious anxiety all night and then I'd have to be up way too early, assuming that I would fall asleep at all. Ooooh, it's not for me!
Lucy's Mom

Locked in?:eek:

Sorry, but that can't be right. It must violate fire codes. Probably they just meant they don't want you coming and going so as to let others in to sneak a peak. I couldn't be comfortable being actually locked in until 8 am. Kinda reminds me of that Vincent Price movie "House on Haunted Hill" where 8 dinner guests were locked in an old mansion and the doors wouldn't open until morning............wonder how room service would get up there?:rotfl:

vhoffman
01-15-2007, 02:35 PM
So how to find pictures of the Cinderella suite?

vhoffman
01-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I just viewed some pictures of it................well, it kinds give me the creeps! I don't know what it is about it, but I really wouldn't want to stay there. Its too dark and forboding. I realize the designers tried to stay true to the original design from the movie, etc., but they should have used more bright, pastel type colors, like pinks and blues. All that brown and wood, I truly wouldn't be comfortable there, especially if I was locked in:scared:

Ok, just my opinion! We were truly disappointed our first visit to find we couldn't go inside the castle, its all facade, except for the restaurant. We managed to snag a coveted Cinderella breakfast, and also ate lunch there--no reservation, it was a slow time, just walked up and got seated! But I remembered thinking they should have had some rooms decorated ala Cinderella that you could just walk through. Maybe redo the interior to be like the castle, with the bedchamber, throne room, dining hall, kitchen, etc.

I wonder if they will try to rent it as a room after the contest is over?

vhoffman
01-15-2007, 03:02 PM
try this link:

goofed, will try later!

GrumpyFamilyof5
01-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Locked in?:eek:

Sorry, but that can't be right. It must violate fire codes. Probably they just meant they don't want you coming and going so as to let others in to sneak a peak. I couldn't be comfortable being actually locked in until 8 am. Kinda reminds me of that Vincent Price movie "House on Haunted Hill" where 8 dinner guests were locked in an old mansion and the doors wouldn't open until morning............wonder how room service would get up there?:rotfl:

Yeah, can't be actually locked in...I love the idea of staying there, but not if we can't get out in case of emergency...like I said in a earlier post, surely they would have something for that, like a phone or something, besides like someone else said, alot of people would be working there at night.
The House on Haunted Hill thing, funny....:rotfl2: But freaky...:scared1:

Wendi
01-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I can understand feeling alone, but we have stayed at the GF several times and late at night I LOVE sitting on the balcony listening to the cleaning crews cleaning and maintenancing the park. I not only would love to sleep there for me but my 2 Disney Princess NUTSY Daughters would just go crazy. My youngest kept telling me that she was going to LIVE there when she gets older. (Hey, they can have a dream) I told her that Mommy would have to live there with her. She then said that Daddy could "Drive" the monorail all day too. My daughter's would be jumping up and down flipping out. I would love to see that.

I think I would be honored to stay there. Just to see what Walt always wanted to see from that angle would be so AWESOME! Since my birthday is the 30th and we check in on the 28th, I think that I should get to stay there. Not to mention the personal experience post that I could give. Sounds like a good idea to me. How about you.

A Dream is a wish your heart makes...........Amen.

Come on Pixie Dust.

Disney? Again?
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Sleep in the Castle? Are you kidding; I want to live in the Castle. ;)

I'm with her! :rotfl2:

vhoffman
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I still say it looks creepy to me!:scared:

MemoryMakers2669
01-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Found this! Interesting about the windows, I wonder if they will stay that way and you can't see out of them. Makes it even creepier!

The location of the suite can be identified from the outside by locating the blue windows on the north and west sides of the castle, about 2/3 of the way up. The glass used is a very cloudy blue, so it lets in light, but it is not possible to see out. The suite adjoins an exterior balcony on the east side. The walls around this balcony are about 5 feet (1.5 m) high so that people using the balcony during park hours cannot be seen by park guests. This balcony affords views to the north, east, and south.

On June 7, 2006, it was announced by Disney that the apartment would be completely decorated and upholstered as a 'royal bedchamber', which can sleep up to four people. It will become available as a once-in-a-lifetime experience during the Year of a Million Dreams celebration taking place at all eleven Disney theme parks, and an overnight stay in the apartment will be a prize randomly awarded to a guest at the Magic Kingdom, or indeed any park at the Walt Disney World Resort

La2kw
01-15-2007, 07:11 PM
So how to find pictures of the Cinderella suite?

screamscape.com has some new photographs of the interior of the suite.

traci
01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
I just saw the castle suite and I think it's bee-u-tee-ful!!! I would love love love to be Cinderella for a night.
I would probably love it more than my whole family combined!!
:yay: :yay: :yay:

mom2taylorandemily
01-15-2007, 08:08 PM
I love the idea of spending the night in the castle, but in reality I'm really sure that I could spend a night there. It is scary sounding to me as well as mystical and magical.

jess98ac
01-15-2007, 08:09 PM
I get goosebumps just thinking about it, talk about a dream come true!!

byoung
01-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Couldn't think of what it would be like.

vhoffman
01-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Would be interesting to hear from someone who has actually stayed there!

MassJester
01-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I think the whole thing is very interesting and will be glad to hear from folks who get selected. Anyone hear what they will be doing with the place after the promotion is over?

vhoffman
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
You know, whoever gets selected for the first stay might get interviewed for the Travel Channel--would make a great story!

disneyfan67
01-16-2007, 04:44 PM
oh despite the rumors - since the castle was build long after Walt died - I don't think it was ever for him. Now his brother Roy who worked very, very, very hard to build it - might have used it if he wanted to. They preferred the Polyn (I think?)

he died in the 60's - the castle wasn't build until the 70's.

Walt Disney was in on the initial planning of the general layout including some of the resort hotels, but never saw the final plans or the building of Florida project. He died December 15th 1966, but was in pretty ill health before that. According to some of the books I read and the 2hr tv special "Engineering Marvels" on WDW, all that was done was making the land ready for the construction.

In fact the plans for the Florida project (as it was known) almost died with Walt. It wasn't until Roy Disney decided to put off his retirement and go ahead with the project. He was the true hero and the reason why WDW is named after his brother. He didn't want people to forget his brother and named the entire complex after him. WDW opened in October 1971 and Roy died two months later. There was talk of plans of building an apartment of some kind for Roy and his family, but it never happened due to his death in December 1971.

A lot of people like to give Walt all the credit, but his brother was an important part of the success of the Disney company and theme parks. WDW wouldn't be here today as we know it, if it wasn't for Roy ending his retirement, taking charge and giving the go ahead for the Florida project.

Mickey1122
01-16-2007, 05:53 PM
It would be wonderful to stay there. You naysayers, would you really say no if the prize was offered to you?

disneyfan67
01-16-2007, 06:31 PM
It would be wonderful to stay there. You naysayers, would you really say no if the prize was offered to you?

I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't want to stay there for the whole vacation. To be basically locked down in your room after the park closes wouldn't be a vacation to me. There's no way that Disney is just going to let you out of the Castle and just take a stroll in MK. It would be so cool to do so, but the liability and security issues would probably prevent that from happening. What about if you want to swim before bedtime, like some do.
I use the quiet pool at the Poly sometimes until 1 in the morning if I can't get to sleep after my kids and wife are down for the night. If I want a snack or thirsty, I can wander over to Captin's Cooks at anytime and help myself.

Is there going to be a staff of some type on duty to offer room service? What happens if you want a snack at night or if you need something? I would like to see what Disney will do when the first winner is announced. It will be interesting to see what the restrictions will be.

vhoffman
01-17-2007, 12:41 AM

What if you needed something in the middle of the night, like a roll of toilet paper, and no staff until morning? Roughing it in Cinderella's Castle:rotfl2: Or, worse still, what if the toilet backs up, the lights go out, you need extra towels, blankets, oh, my!

Sounds like that Vincent Price movie "House on Haunted Hill" where 8 dinner guests were locked in a haunted mansion all night. The staff cleared out and locked the place up until morning with the guests....awaiting their fate!