PDA

View Full Version : Add on prices?

lenshanem
01-14-2007, 08:21 AM
So in March SSR is going up to $104, correct? (Wondering what AKV will be! :scared: )
Does anyone know the current price for an add on at either BCV or VWL thru DVC? Anyone know if they honor the current rate if you get on the waitlist now and/or if the older DVC resorts will be going up in price also when SSR increases?

Thanks!

dianeschlicht
01-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Shan, I'm going to assume that the older ones will increase in price as well. I believe they are currently at 98 for sold out resorts, but I could be wrong. Our plan is to add on about 25 points at AKV when it becomes available. That, of course, depends on the point values there. We will add-on enough to get us a stay there every 3 years.

I am assuming also that the price increase reflects what the cost will be at AKV, since I expect them to start selling that sometime this year.

1000th happy haunt
01-14-2007, 10:25 AM
My guide quoted me $95 a point for a 40 point VWL add-on.

keishashadow
01-14-2007, 11:51 AM
my guide said that all add-ons for all resorts are always the same price...

unless you take advantage of the SSR promos.

KristineN
01-14-2007, 12:19 PM
we just added 50 points on at BWV... $95 per point, no closing fees

lenshanem
01-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks. So really it is pretty comparable right now to buying a resale. As much as I got excited about AKV, I'm now thinking an add on at either our BCV or VWL would be a better choice for us.

1000th happy haunt
01-15-2007, 11:24 AM
The benefit that I see of adding on directly through Disney is that you get the same contract number and same Use Year. It may not matter to other people, but it works for us.

When we added on last year, it was actually more economical to add on through Disney, when you consider Disney has no closing cost for current members.