PDA

View Full Version : Which park is best solo?

charlie2969
12-05-2001, 02:45 PM
I'm going to a conference in Orlando and will have a free day before my family joins me. My children are ages 2 and 4. I'm wondering what park I should visit on my solo day? I was thinking either EPCOT (because I probably won't take my kids there), Universal, Islands of Adventure, or Sea World. I'm most interested in visual treats--not rides. Any suggestions?

cassie
12-05-2001, 07:35 PM
Hi Charlie and welcome to the Dis.

I think Epcot would be a great choice for a solo day. I spent one morning there doing the dolphins in depth tour, and then I started from one end to the other. By 7:00 I was pooped and went back to the resort. Never did see the fireworks.

Epoct is not to be hurried as there is so much to learn there. The shows and rides are great too. I most definetly will be returning to see all that I missed during my first grand sweep...

Poohbear123
12-06-2001, 06:20 AM
I LOVE Epcot SOLO! This is the first Park I do when arriving in WDW! I visited for 3 hours last trip, when first arrivng, and went back for the Parade and fireworks, I also caught a LOT of the Musical Groups that I had never seen before, or hadn't seen in awhile.;)

ritu_card
12-06-2001, 11:49 PM
Is there something interesting to do for a 4yrs old kid?? We are leaving in 2 days and can't decide if we should include Epcot in our list or not.........we will be travelling with our 4 yrs old DD and 8 mo old DS.Any info will be helpful to decide

Thanks

Simba's Mom
12-07-2001, 09:55 PM
Although I personally love MK best solo (have done so much in 9 solo days), I agree that Epcot is very relaxing and enjoyable. I took the Land Greenhouse tour, ended up as the only one on the tour with 2 tour guides! Epcot is also the only place I've enjoyed sit-down dining solo-Chefs de France, a window seat.

BobBrazeal
12-07-2001, 10:21 PM
As much as I love all the parks solo, I'd agree with Epcot as the best for a day to yourself before the family arrives.

Terk-1
12-17-2001, 06:56 AM
I would have to vote for EPCOT too. There is so much to see and do (TEST TRACK!!!!) and it is hard sometimes with little one's to really be able to absorb and enjoy what this park has to offer. We took my 6 & 3 year old nephew to Spaceship Earth, the Land, Living with the Seas and Journey (not the Skrunk part) and strolled them around WS, but at this age, they were really not interested in the countries. We did take them to see Illuminations. The 3 year old sleep through the whole thing, while the 6 year old enjoyed it. I think that the MK is something very magical for little one's (and big one's) and I think you would enjoy that park with your kids. As much as I love the MK and the great feelings it brings everytime I walk down Main Street, I would say I enjoy EPCOT the most as a solo trip. Have fun!!! :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earseek: :wave:

RussH
12-20-2001, 10:37 AM
I get to WDW twice a year for the last 6 mostly one solo and 1 with family or friends. I always like having another person along when at Epcot. Maybe just to talk about the different countries and walk around. I like eating at Epcot solo better, Akershus the Biergarten and Matsunoma Lounge are great places to eat when alone especially Akershus. (no one to give me that look when I go up to the cold bar for 3rds)
But, I think I like MGM best when on a solo. I can go to Muppets as many times as I want. TOT and RnR are just as fun single. Sometimes I just sit around a read a book which can be difficult at Epcot in the summer there is not a lot of shade. For hanging out Tune-In is much easier to get a seat when solo. A litte noisy but what can one do since the demise of my beloved Catwalk.
So I guess my vote is MGM, oh oh I just re-read you post ....Go to IOA this is a great park for visuals. Looking out over the lake is really nice. Just hanging around the talking fountain is good for a laugh.
So now I am little help and have to split between MGM or IOA.
RussH

I will be at Tune-in early afternoon Saturday.

cleo
12-30-2001, 10:19 AM
Another vote for Epcot. It's a wonderful park with children, but I can see the benefit of going it alone. If you were big on rides I'd say do IOA without the kids, but for pure pleasure in your surroundings and the time to shop and observe unhindered, Epcot wins.

AK is another good park solo if you're into just wandering and/or taking lots of incredible photos. Very peaceful, very lush, and without family you can really appreciate all the tiny details you might otherwise miss.

nativetxn
12-31-2001, 03:36 PM
I love to do MGM solo. I just love riding TOT and RNR over and over again, plus the characters you find on the streets are so much fun to watch. I love the atmosphere :)

On the other hand, the world showcase is very entertaining to a solo traveller. It would be great too.

Katholyn

Gillian
01-01-2002, 06:57 PM
I am planning to do MGM solo. I want to ride ToT & RNR by myself because somehow I think they will be less scary that way! I'm not sure about visuals there. I find Epcot very tiring and sometimes boring. If I get a chance I'd like to go there alone as well to explore at my own pace.