PDA

View Full Version : Losers Check In Here!

Pages : [1] 2

calypso*a*go-go
01-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Welcome to all my loser friends...please feel free to use this thread to vent your frustration concerning the YOAMD mail in entries. Only w/tongue in cheek though: any other behavior will cause you to be ejected from the group -- which makes you a double loser!!! :rotfl:

calypso*a*go-go
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Great...am I the only one that hasn't won? I feel so alone... :teeth:

Yesterday I asked my husband to get the mail and jokingly told him not to be surprised if I won something. He came back in the house carrying a box and said: "You did win something!". I was so excited...until I saw the outside of the box. It was a sparkling juice beverage that I had won a free sample of! This has turned into the biggest joke for my family. So, in that respect, I guess I am a winner as this is bringing great joy to those I love. :goodvibes

cdrn1
01-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm a loser!

calypso*a*go-go
01-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Right On :thumbsup2

CinderellasSister
01-10-2007, 08:09 PM
:wave: Loser here too. :wave:

I'll race ya to the winner's circle!!! :thumbsup2

2angelsinheaven
01-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Well considering I'm not eligble can I join in here too? Am I still a loser if I couldn't be a winner in the first place...lol

calypso*a*go-go
01-10-2007, 10:23 PM
You are definitely a loser and therefore eligible to join! Welcome aboard. :banana:

calypso*a*go-go
01-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Guess what happened today! Highlight to read...NOTHING!!!

krismom
01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
there's a big "L" on my forehead too!
:rolleyes1

ToriLammy
01-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Not only haven't I won the mail in but I just got back from 7 days at WDW and I didn't win there either. A couple we arranged to meet there (old friends from our AF days) won fast passes TWICE. Only thing that keeps me going is there are 11 more months of mail in drawings and I still have a chance ;)

Oh, and while at Disney I talked with two CMs who said they spent time last week packing up those prizes to be mailed out. Appears they get the notice from the judging agency when the prizes for that period will be done from mail in entries and then they place the appropriate prizes in a warehouse. When the judging agency pulls the names they send the preprinted address labels to the warehouse at WDW where the Dream CMs are responsible for packing the prizes and shipping them out. One of the CMs asked my last name and then told me she didn't remember any prizes for that last name so...we'll see what the postman brings when he delivers my mail for the last 2 weeks ;)

calypso*a*go-go
01-12-2007, 01:40 AM
You know, I'd be happy to help those hard-working CM's out! I'll just go right ahead and send them a sheet of my preprinted address labels. I'm going to mail them to this address:

Attn: Dream Squad Label Sticker-on-ers
Walt Disney World Prize Warehouse
Orlando, FL

***Please Rush***

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ToriLammy
01-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Postman finally delivered all my mail and I've got to leave because I am no longer a loser - I won 2 pin lanyards!!! Makes up for not winning anything while at the parks.

DizneyDogs
01-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I have been sending 2 postcards a day one for me and one for DH since it started in Sept and have won nothing yet.

2angelsinheaven
01-13-2007, 05:01 PM
ToriLammy, ok now you have to leave the Loser Group...lol

CindyandBrice
01-13-2007, 05:21 PM
STILL A BIG CAPITAL "'L" FOR ME. I have mailed about 120 cards since the contest started. A co-worker won, but not me. I will be at DW in April, however, and maybe that is where i will become one of the few, the proud, the winners of this contest.

ToriLammy
01-13-2007, 06:08 PM
ToriLammy, ok now you have to leave the Loser Group...lol

I did say that in my post but first I have to answer CindyandBrice ;)

STILL A BIG CAPITAL "'L" FOR ME. I have mailed about 120 cards since the contest started. A co-worker won, but not me. I will be at DW in April, however, and maybe that is where i will become one of the few, the proud, the winners of this contest.

The first drawing from postcards was supposed to be mid Nov (on or about 20 Nov) with the prizes being sent out approx 50 days after the drawing (9-10 January is right on Schedule). That means the second drawing took place in Mid Dec and the next group of prizes should arrive around 9 or 10 February. Since you've sent in lots of postcards there is still a chance you'll win before your Apr trip.

As a matter of fact your chances may improve if you continue sending postcards cause most people who already won will probably stop. I'm not stopping, I want the ears too but I think most will.

calypso*a*go-go
01-14-2007, 01:21 AM
It's okay Tori...you can still be part of our group (unless of course, you don't want to be seen with a bunch of losers!). :p

mickeyholic
01-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Story of my life!!!

jann1033
01-15-2007, 10:43 AM
huh? send in a postcard.?..well that explains a lot...since i am such a loser i didn't even know you were supposed to send in a postcard :idea: to win i might be an uberloser and may need to start another thread for that catagory:rotfl2:

calypso*a*go-go
01-17-2007, 04:53 PM
If you're a loser and you know it, clap your hands, (clap, clap!)
If you're a loser and you know it, clap your hands, (clap, clap!)
If you're a loser and you know it, then your mail will surely show it,
If you're a loser and you know it, clap your hands (clap, clap!).

Everybody now...

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

DizneyDogs
01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
The first drawing from postcards was supposed to be mid Nov (on or about 20 Nov) with the prizes being sent out approx 50 days after the drawing (9-10 January is right on Schedule). That means the second drawing took place in Mid Dec and the next group of prizes should arrive around 9 or 10 February. Since you've sent in lots of postcards there is still a chance you'll win before your Apr trip.

As a matter of fact your chances may improve if you continue sending postcards cause most people who already won will probably stop. I'm not stopping, I want the ears too but I think most will.

Didn't the first drawing take place on October 20th? according to the rules the promotion started Sept 18th.

On approximately the 20th day of each month during the Giveaway Period, and on or about January 20, 2008, Marketing Resources, Inc., an independent judging organization engaged by Creata, will conduct random drawings at Marketing Resources, Inc.'s offices in Elmhurst, Illinois to award the prize(s) for each of the days of the immediately preceding month for which mail-in entrants were to be awarded a prize(s). Each drawing will be from among all eligible mail-in entries received on or allocated to the day for which the drawing is taking place. Potential winners from the mail-in entry pool will be notified by mail or telephone (at Sponsor's sole discretion) within approximately fifty five (55) days after each monthly drawing.

Anyway still not a winner if there have been 3 months of drawings so far and I started sending them in on Sept 18th the first day too!!! UGH!!!

ToriLammy
01-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Didn't the first drawing take place on October 20th? according to the rules the promotion started Sept 18th.

On approximately the 20th day of each month during the Giveaway Period, and on or about January 20, 2008, Marketing Resources, Inc., an independent judging organization engaged by Creata, will conduct random drawings at Marketing Resources, Inc.'s offices in Elmhurst, Illinois to award the prize(s) for each of the days of the immediately preceding month for which mail-in entrants were to be awarded a prize(s). Each drawing will be from among all eligible mail-in entries received on or allocated to the day for which the drawing is taking place. Potential winners from the mail-in entry pool will be notified by mail or telephone (at Sponsor's sole discretion) within approximately fifty five (55) days after each monthly drawing.

Anyway still not a winner if there have been 3 months of drawings so far and I started sending them in on Sept 18th the first day too!!! UGH!!!

You could start sending postcards as of 18 Sep but they all went into the first day of the Sweeps' bundle - 1 Oct. Then postcards received from 2 Oct and onward were bundled on the date received.

They may have had a drawing on 20 Oct but I sincerely doubt it, too soon, still working on the bugs in the rules and everything else. The dates that folks received their prizes would indicate that the first time they pulled winners from the mail in entries was on or about 20 Nov (10 days Nov, 31 Dec and 9 Days January = 50 days).

So I'm sticking with my assessment that they have only had one or two drawings so far, Nov and Dec. The Dec drawing may have been delayed by the holidays. It's one of the key reasons Judging Agencies use words such as "approximately" or "on or about" it gives them "wiggle room." I'm guessing December winners will receive their prizes around the first or second week in Feb. We'll see if that happens ;)

Shells9
01-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Still a loser here, but I will be mailing some post cards from Main Street on Saturday! DH said we could take a quick day trip!:)

LoveMyLAP-BAND
01-18-2007, 06:50 AM
I had a dream last night that I won- can I still join?

P.S. In my dream I won 5 tickets to the Poly Luau. :eek:

Fantasmic303
01-18-2007, 09:19 AM
:sail: Lookin' for another LOSER??

Ya found one!!

Still racing to the mailbox twice a day - once to drop a postcard in, once to retrieve my prize. Which I haven't had an opportunity to do yet.

I'm assuming they haven't mastered the art of fitting my Grand Marshal Tour into the box yet, so I'm just trying to be patient until they do. popcorn::

calypso*a*go-go
01-18-2007, 09:35 AM
I go to the mailbox twice a day as well...and everytime I have one of those "smack the forehead moments" and think to myself: "Hey genius, why don't you put tomorrow's entry in the outgoing mail when you pick up the incoming?". My forehead is getting pretty bruised!

Shells9
01-18-2007, 10:04 AM
"Hey genius, why don't you put tomorrow's entry in the outgoing mail when you pick up the incoming?"

Around my house random people like to play in the mailboxes over night...you wake up and everything is all over the street!

Fantasmic303
01-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I go to the mailbox twice a day as well...and everytime I have one of those "smack the forehead moments" and think to myself: "Hey genius, why don't you put tomorrow's entry in the outgoing mail when you pick up the incoming?". My forehead is getting pretty bruised!

:idea:

I never thought of that, lol.

Shells9
01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
No longer losers! Well, DD isn't...she got some ears today!

DizneyDogs
01-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Another day of day dreaming at work there would be something in my mailbox when I got home but alas there was nothing from Disney. Oh well tomorrow's another day to dream again... just hopefully I don't have to do that for a million days :)

Fantasmic303
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
No longer losers! Well, DD isn't...she got some ears today!

So you think just because your kid's not a loser that exempts you?! :rotfl:

Don't think so. No piggybacking in this club. You're a LOSER. Just face it.

calypso*a*go-go
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Okay Shells9 -- We'll compromise and call you a winner by association (just to make you feel better...be we still think you're loser material!) :thumbsup2

And did I mention the wonderful thing that happened to me today? No? That's because nothing did!!! :mad:

(Well I did get the $0.44 cheese from Target using the coupon posted on the Budget Board, so I guess that will have to be my own personal "magic moment".) :cloud9:

Shells9
01-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Yeah, okay....so y'all got me...I'm a LOSER, lol!

I'll hold out until I'm a winner!:) So close, but yet so far away!

CindyandBrice
01-20-2007, 07:38 AM
I feel like a SUPER LOSER right now. Not only have i not won, but the girl at work has won 6 times. She won a laynard 2 weeks ago and yesterday was picking up 5 prizes at the post office!!!! We both send in cards daily - i even send in 2 cards some times (one with my name and one with my son's name). Where can i get a BIG "L" to put on my forehead!!!

gcrw11
01-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Ok, first of all, where do I send in to. I am such a loser, that I didn't know about this until today that you could send in.
I think that I win the biggest loser award. We were at WDW for Christmas and as we got off of Pirates, there was about 10 CM in light blue apparel waiting with one of them having a video camera in hand. I was so excited thinking it would be for me. I smiled as I walked by and they smiled back. So I kept walking and the boat behind us, as the first family got off, they stopped them. I asked one of the CM's what they won and she said "I can't tell you they might have won a trip to Costa Rica". Oh man, that was supposed to be mine!:guilty: pirate: Then the next day we let a family go in front of us on Expedition Everest because we all got there at the same time and THEY won something, don't know what since they were whisked away.
SO, like I said, I AM THE BIGGEST LOSER!
Please send me the address so that I can lose even more times. I will bring you luck, people around me always win instead of me.
I finally won, I'm the loser.
:cheer2: :rotfl2:

calypso*a*go-go
01-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Disney Dreams Giveaway
P.O. Box 8629
Elmhurst, IL 60126

Alright all you losers...let's get some serious pixie dust swirling around this thread. I'm tired of coming back from the mail empty-handed! :tink:

gcrw11
01-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the address. Does it have to be a postcard? Or in an envelope with more info?
Remember, I'm a loser, don't know all of the details.
THANKS in advance
:flower3:
Pat

Fantasmic303
01-20-2007, 11:14 PM
You know what's the AWESOMEST thing about LOSING on a Saturday?

It also means I've already automatically lost for SUNDAY too!!
Whoo hoo!!!
A double scoop of LOSER!!

:rolleyes:

Ah well...here's to Monday's Mailman visit.:drinking1

shopgirl72
01-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Was At The Park 12/7 To 12/14 Nothing, Now Nothing In The Mail=loser!!!!!!!!!

Shells9
01-22-2007, 06:48 AM
OKay, okay....*I* am officially no longer a loser! Well, in the contest in general anyway. In the mail in portion, yes, I am a STILL loser, though...

We got Dream Fast Passes on Saturday at MK! We went into Buzz Lightyear and there was a Dream Team guy passing them out as we got on the ride. What a GREAT surprise! :)

DD wore her ears that she won via mail...she is now convinced they are good luck ears and plans on wearing them for ALL subsequent trips!
http://i3.tinypic.com/2ep3joo.jpg

calypso*a*go-go
01-22-2007, 09:49 AM
What a cute picture! I guess we'll let you be a winner (but you'll always be a loser to us!). :thumbsup2

Mischa
01-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi all - can I join ya? I've been sending in postcards since this thing began and so far nothing. Plus we (DH & I) went in December (12/12-20) and all we got was sick! :sad2: (Yeah we came home sick and were sick all through the holidays).

And when we were at WDW last month we were passed up by two CMs (not sure if they were part of the dream team or what, but once at MK while waiting for the parade to begin a couple of CMs came up to us and looked at us and then turned to the family next to us and gave them either ears or lanyards - I can't remember; and then another time while at MGM, again waiting for the parade, a couple of CMs came up to us and started chatting with us and then told us to have a "magical day" and turned to the next (older couple) and chatted with them and gave them something. DH & I were so bummed and started feeling really left out.)

We felt like if you didn't have a family/kids or you weren't an older (60+) couple there was no magic for you then. This hurt me especially because we had just made the decision not to pursue having children (after trying for 12 years, even with medical intervention) and not being able to be successful. :sad1: We thought taking a Disney trip would help cheer us up and it did, until being passed up for gifts and getting sick didn't help either.

Oh well, we're still planning a May trip and I'm planning a girls' only November trip. We still love WDW no matter what!!! :earsboy: :earsgirl: pixiedust:

krismom
01-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi all - can I join ya? I've been sending in postcards since this thing began and so far nothing. Plus we (DH & I) went in December (12/12-20) and all we got was sick! :sad2: (Yeah we came home sick and were sick all through the holidays).

And when we were at WDW last month we were passed up by two CMs (not sure if they were part of the dream team or what, but once at MK while waiting for the parade to begin a couple of CMs came up to us and looked at us and then turned to the family next to us and gave them either ears or lanyards - I can't remember; and then another time while at MGM, again waiting for the parade, a couple of CMs came up to us and started chatting with us and then told us to have a "magical day" and turned to the next (older couple) and chatted with them and gave them something. DH & I were so bummed and started feeling really left out.)

We felt like if you didn't have a family/kids or you weren't an older (60+) couple there was no magic for you then. This hurt me especially because we had just made the decision not to pursue having children (after trying for 12 years, even with medical intervention) and not being able to be successful. :sad1: We thought taking a Disney trip would help cheer us up and it did, until being passed up for gifts and getting sick didn't help either.

Oh well, we're still planning a May trip and I'm planning a girls' only November trip. We still love WDW no matter what!!! :earsboy: :earsgirl: pixiedust:

Ok- if I get 2 pairs of ears I'm sending you one!!!! :hug:

calypso*a*go-go
01-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Awww Michelle...that's terrible! Hope your next trip has a lot more pixie dust. FWIW, we were there the week YOAMD started and did have kids with us and were always either one step behind or one step in front of the Dream Team (or is it Squad? I've heard both mentioned). I'm dying to get back and give it another go but don't have anything in the works yet -- which is driving me crazy!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: GO LOSERS !!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Mischa
01-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Ok- if I get 2 pairs of ears I'm sending you one!!!! :hug:

awwwww Krismom you're so sweet! :flower3:

Mischa
01-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Awww Michelle...that's terrible! Hope your next trip has a lot more pixie dust. FWIW, we were there the week YOAMD started and did have kids with us and were always either one step behind or one step in front of the Dream Team (or is it Squad? I've heard both mentioned). I'm dying to get back and give it another go but don't have anything in the works yet -- which is driving me crazy!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: GO LOSERS !!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Hope you get to go one day soon! pixiedust: pixiedust to you! I figure our next trip has to be better (even if we don't get any prizes) DH & I will be spending another anniversary in WDW (our first being last May, when I got DH hooked on Disney). :goodvibes

DizneyDogs
01-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Maybe since we haven't won anything yet and so far all we have heard about are the lanyard and hat prizes on the mail-in's we have won one of the bigger prizes? Anyway that's my theory and I am sticking to it. I will be sure to post when Disney notifies me I have won the DVC prize :lmao:

CinderellasSister
01-23-2007, 08:16 PM
2 postcards returned today!! :laughing:

YEA!!! Go losers!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Shells9
01-24-2007, 04:32 AM
2 postcards returned today!! :laughing:

YEA!!! Go losers!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That cracked me up, but it's the right attitude to have!
Hope some Pixie Dust shows up in your mailbox real soon!

disneyfanfamily
01-24-2007, 08:08 AM
I am a loser - I didn't even have to train to be one. It automatically was handed down to me from my wonderful mother. We never win anything. I should send in cards with my DS's name on it. He wins EVERYTHING! Luckily I did not pass on the loser gene to him.... However, my other 2 kids...they are doomed losers....

DizneyDogs
01-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Still a loser, but I made a new image for my siggy so hopefully that will be bring me luck!!!

calypso*a*go-go
01-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Looks go to me!!! Good luck checking for that "Mickey Mail". :goodvibes

Fantasmic303
01-24-2007, 11:15 PM
:guilty: I guess I've gotta turn in my Losers Club card, cause the Dream Squad visited me via padded envelope this afternoon...I'm now the proud bearer of a pin lanyard!!

Actually, I'm the proud owner of TWO pin lanyards...I was at my best friend's house for dinner, and she was down in WDW a couple weeks ago as a Christmas gift from her inlaws. They were lucky enough to have a magical moment at ToT, and she gave me her pin lanyard. Now I get to share the magic too!

Good luck everyone...believe me, if I can win, you guys are destined too!:wizard:

calypso*a*go-go
01-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Way to go! :thumbsup2

I'm not giving up hope...I know there's a package headed my way soon. Good luck to all my loser friends. We've still got lots of time as the promotion has really only just begun!!! :dance3:

calypso*a*go-go
01-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Almost a week later...and I'm still a loser! Of course, I did get a ressie with the 40% off promo, so I guess it's not a total loss. :goodvibes

FINFAN
01-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Can I join? Not only have I been sending in postcards, and only live 30 miles from the po box # ( so close but yet so far)but have not rec'd a Postcard for the 40%, and now, DH is pretty sure he is the massive wave of lay-offs at work, implementing tomorrow.:sad2: I was really hoping ANYTHING would come our way WDW related as the kids have been begging to go back, and I am trying to figure out how to pay the mtg if DH is on the list...let alone even dare to think of a trip in the future somewhere!/ However, we were lucky to go last Augist w/the free DDP to celebrate our 20th...so we our home video a lot to tie us over....OH, and my son's latest request? To paint the bedroom wall across from his bed to be the view down Mainstreet to the castle...if I can pull that off, I think I can remove myself from loser status!:rotfl:
I can feel the luck coming everyone....looks like I am in awesome company!

Pam

BeverlyJ
01-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Hello....can I join the 'loser' gang too please? Lots of postcards, no little notes through my letterbox!

Pixie Dust to you all for your own dream :wizard:

mickeyholic
02-01-2007, 04:42 PM
I need to join the club. I have sent lots of postcards, no response, and now I just received 3 of my postcards back stamped saying they do not meet the requirements. Story of my life!!!

calypso*a*go-go
02-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I need to join the club. I have sent lots of postcards, no response, and now I just received 3 of my postcards back stamped saying they do not meet the requirements. Story of my life!!!

If it will make you feel any better, you can assumed it's because they were "over-qualified". :goodvibes

Still nothing in my neck of the woods either.

Some Day My Prince Will Come...oh who cares! Where's my lanyard? :rotfl:

disneybound31
02-04-2007, 08:36 PM
What do the postcards need to say? I join this club because I never even knew ANYTHING about this! Does the card need to include anything more than your return address, name and maybe phone? Please help...

calypso*a*go-go
02-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Name
Address
Phone Number
Birthdate

Weluvdisny
02-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Loser here too (with my finger and thumb in the shape of an "L" on my forehead)!!:rotfl:

After getting 2 postcards back, I've been writing my info by turning the postcard 1/4 turn and haven't gotten any of those returned yet. So just to not get rejected makes me feel like a winner!:thumbsup2

FINFAN
02-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Just checking in before I go and color my hair..need to look my best when I head out in -20 degree windchill to mail our cards!

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
02-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Braving that kind of weather -- you definitely deserve some kind of prize! Are we going with Ariel Red today or Sleeping Beauty Blonde?

FINFAN
02-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Todays selection would be "Brunette Belle"...unless it ends up Brunette Beast...(which has been known to happen:scared: )
I tend to reserve Sleeping Beauty Blonde for the upcoming summer months, or at least the non-wind chill factor months!
I may REALLY need those YOAMD ears....depending on what happens with my roots!

Pam

chip91
02-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Can I join, big LOSER here!! I've sent in 10 postcards & received, NADA, ZIP, ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cmon' Mick, share the love!

Good luck to all my fellow losers, that you will win and be promoted out the of club!

Chip

calypso*a*go-go
02-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Of course you can join...but I feel I must point out that you are only an "amateur" loser with just 10 postcards under your belt. I don't think it would be going out on a limb to say some of us "seasoned veteran" losers have sent in 10 times that amount with no love from Mickey. Would it be wrong to hijack a mail truck? :teeth:

Pam: However the color turns out...let's hope it's not a tribute to Cruella!!! :rotfl:

FINFAN
02-07-2007, 02:19 PM
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl
Dodged the Cruella look, :thumbsup2
Mailed todays cards...and I'm feeling lucky...Just qualified for a food survey taste testing salad kits by EMERIL....BAM! And the best part? I'm going to get paid $100 to eat salad and chat about it for 2 hours ( AKA: avoiding housework) with 6 other poeple! YES!!!!!!!!!!!
I have not had a paid study for over a year....kept "not qualifying" for one reason or another...
C'mon Disney, my kids need a new pair of ears! Seriously, they do....DS has safety pins holding the ears to the hat part of his. He won't part with them.

Pam

DisneyFan06
02-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Mailed two cards today. Two more are ready to be mailed tomorrow!

FINFAN
02-10-2007, 02:03 PM
well, down to about 12 cards left from my initial investment of $26 for 100 pre paid post cards....what to do, what to do.....maybe get one more batch...but I don't think I am going to invest more that $50 into this...
what is everyone elses limit?

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
02-10-2007, 02:12 PM
I've been trying to decide the same thing. Initially I had planned on sending one in everyday the promo was running (well, 6 days out of 7 anyway). I was really pumped up when people were posting about receiving 2-3-4 prizes in the mail on the same day. But with my current run of bad luck, my lack of enthusiasm seems to be dwindling about the same rate as my stack of postcards ready to be mailed. Can I replenished them both? I guess only time will tell!

FINFAN
02-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Filling out my cards....so hard knowing the drawing isn't for another 8 days, then notification 2 months after that....who here is sending their cards in just around the drawing dates?

disneyfanfamily
02-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Haven't read all of the posts, but how do you know which days they are drawing on? I have just been sending cards out once or twice a week. I guess if it meant to be, it will be. But it would be nice to know when the big drawings are. Info please?

FINFAN
02-12-2007, 02:48 PM
On the "official rules" listing , it is stated that the drawings will be on the 20th of each month, and winners will be notified 55 days after that. It sure feels like a long time from now!
HTH!

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
02-14-2007, 07:25 PM
There certainly has been a sharp decline in the number of people posting about being a mail-in winner. I'm thinking things should be starting up again pretty quick. As for me...well, I'm still a loser and pretty darn proud of it! :woohoo:

girlieeee
02-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Are they still accepting the postcards?

calypso*a*go-go
02-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Yes, the contest runs through the end of the year. :hourglass

Shells9
02-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Well, DH is longer a loser -- he got ears yesterday.

How is it that *I* am doing all of the post cards, and DD and DH have both won and I have not, lol!

It's fun, though... It's become such a habit to mail the cards, I don't know what I will do when this over!

FINFAN
02-15-2007, 08:03 AM
O.K. So the snow storm coverage has been all over the news...did it keep me from mailing our daily cards? NOPE! My back is killing me from shoveling, but I had to get to the Post Office! I owuld just put our cards in the mailbox for the mailman to pick up...but he is not trustworthy...no one gets the correct mail here, stuff missing ALL the time ( including our mtg 3 different times..thankfully that is on auto pay)the entire neighborhood hass complained about this guy :confused3 but I guess he still gets to keep his job no matter how lousy he is at it! I digress...
I sure wish the drawings were say....weekly instead of monthly, on that note, off to fill out my last few cards, I know I am gonna cave and buy another 50!

Pam

girlieeee
02-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Im confused, the YOAMD rules state that they had to be in earlier... Can you show me where to submit them??

FINFAN
02-15-2007, 08:10 PM
girlieee,
go back to page 5, post #61...has what to put on the back of the cards...address is:

TO: Disney Dream Giveaway
P O Box 8629
Elmhurst, Il. 60126-8629

I know it by heart!
Hope you have better luck than I am so far!

Pam

girlieeee
02-16-2007, 11:16 AM
girlieee,
go back to page 5, post #61...has what to put on the back of the cards...address is:

TO: Disney Dream Giveaway
P O Box 8629
Elmhurst, Il. 60126-8629

I know it by heart!
Hope you have better luck than I am so far!

Pam
Thanks Pam, Im going to the Post Office today!!

FINFAN
02-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Well, here I am still under "loser" status....I am beginning to think that since I live so close to Elmhurst I am jinxed!

Pam

Mischa
02-23-2007, 09:09 AM
:wave2: Hello everyone!

Just dropping in to say that DH & I are still losers here but we are still sending in post cards! And planning two trips to the World this year. :thumbsup2 Maybe that will up my odds at winning. :lmao: I highly doubt it since I never win anything I want (I always win stuff that is useless).

Wish I was home now painting :artist: instead of at work. Oh well, need to work to feed my Disney habit (and pay for postage so I can mail in more postcards).

good luck everyone!

FINFAN
02-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Well, todays mail came and went....and I am...
STILL A LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe tomorrow...................

calypso*a*go-go
02-23-2007, 05:12 PM
So...
. am I. :sad2:

cdrn1
02-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I am STILL a loser!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Stitch's O'hana
02-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I am still a Loser too.:sad2: :sad1:

Maybe they drew all of our names for this month, one can dream!:cloud9: :wizard: :cheer2:

FINFAN
02-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Just checking in....LOSER STAUS still intact here!

Pam

gcrw11
02-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok, I am still a loser for this but.......
I entered a contest for losers for the American Idol lottery tickets in Michigan and I got a letter yesterday saying that I've won!!! You had to send in 3 losing lottery tickets to the losers address in 1 envelope, I only sent in 1 envelope. Maybe that's my problem with the Disney stuff. :lmao:
I get to pick from 2 different packages:
Package A- Men's or Women's Lamb Driving Jacket with IPod Controller(iPod not included), American Idol watch, AI Baseball cap, AI messenger bag, AI hooded sweatshirt, AI long sleeve t-shirt and 2 tumbler mugs
Package B- Men's or Women's Leather Jacket, 2 tumble mugs, AI watch, AI baseball cap, AI short sleeve t-shirt, set of his and hers AI polo shirts.
I picked package A. :woohoo:
I hope this luck helps me with the this contest. :wizard: I want Disney stuff too. I know I'm a greedy bit_h but I can't help it. :rotfl:
Good luck everyone

aide4
02-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Another loser here...we were there over Xmas, saw the dream team....saw dream fast passes....saw the ears, but alas we got nothing. It was great enough just to be there though!!

2angelsinheaven
02-27-2007, 07:13 PM
We've been to all the parks and DTD many, many times since the celebration started and not once have we been in the winning room/show/etc. Not eligble anyhow but geesh, I couldn't have worse luck...lol!

Have met and talked to many Dream Teamers though, wonderful, friendly people. I guess I'm a winner in that respect since we've had great conversations. So does that disqualify me from the "Loser's Check-in"? =o)

MP2002
02-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Here, Here!!! I'm a loser! I haven't sent in any postcards but we were in the world for 12 days and didn't get any dreams (OK, not expected I never win anything). However, I didn't see the dreamteam, didn't see anybody win anything, didn't see any special YOMD ears except the new ones you could buy in the stores. I was really paying attention the first 3/4 of the trip but by the last 1/4 I forgot it was going on. I was really hoping to see someone get something good. (I really knew we wouldn't get anything....I have never won anything ever at all in my entire life so knew that wasn't going to change). I was just sort of hoping to see dreams being made for someone else that got real excited about it you know??? (Or even just a random somebody that looked realllllyyyyy happy about something & I could fantasize it was because they won something wonderful.);)

Disneyfun1
02-28-2007, 07:14 PM
we just returned from going from 2/24-2/27. WE didnt win anything at all, nor did we see anyone win a thing.

we go back in 2 months to wdw and the cruise, maybe we will have better luck then!

calypso*a*go-go
03-02-2007, 08:43 AM
The winners keep winning, and the losers keep losing !!! :confused3

babyyeti
03-02-2007, 10:25 AM
another loser here. went for 4 days in feb. waaaaaaaaaa but losing at wdw is still alot of fun:goodvibes

calypso*a*go-go
03-03-2007, 11:26 PM
OMG -- I FINALLY WON !!!
(just kidding...still a LOSER)

klnam
03-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Saw plenty of the light blue oxfords and bags, as well as prizes, but none for us from 2/25 - 3/2!

FINFAN
03-06-2007, 10:24 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
calypso*a*go-go.....
YOU GOT ME! I was wearing my glasses (which need to be updated) and didn't se the fine print under your announcement at first! I thought...OH BOY! I'm next,,,,but guess we are still losers together. Oh well, it's only March, still time to have our postcards pulled!:hourglass

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
That's right -- we've got plenty of time! I just printed up a bunch of address labels and stuck them on my postcards as I got tired of handwriting everything. Several people have reported winning that used them, so hopefully mine won't be disqualified. It really sounds like there's not a whole lot of checking going on so I might even start sending more than one at a time. They've probably got thousands of entries showing up on any given day and don't have an efficient way of sorting through them. I'M GONNA WIN, DARN IT!!! :teeth:

charl
03-06-2007, 02:36 PM
still not won on the postcards. will keep sending, maybe i will win a lanyard

CarolinaBlue
03-07-2007, 08:34 AM
40 postcards and no prizes yet:sad: Oh, well, maybe we will win something during our May trip.

aterriq
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
My name is Alfred and I'm a loser. :grouphug: :rotfl2: :cool1:

Now if I could get a good rate or code, could convince DW to go back so I can be a double loser at the parks and post cards.

lalalahollywood2003
03-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I haven't won anything yet! but i'm seriously hoping to be one of the 25 that wins a disney dream job!!

FINFAN
03-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I WON, :cool1:
I THINK...:)
Got an Email from Disney Parks.....:thumbsup2
that I won a free YOAMD letter head...............:wizard:
that I can personalize..........:woohoo:
just download it...................:surfweb:

o.k., o.k., so it's a mass mailing.......:rolleyes1

I'm pathetic.

I'm beginning to think I had better odds of winning the Lotto yesterday.

MP2002
03-07-2007, 11:14 PM
FinFan,

That's funny! I do think you might be reaching w/that!!!!!!!

calypso*a*go-go
03-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Wow...a personalized letterhead! You are so lucky !!! :goodvibes

(Hey, leave us alone -- we'll take whatever "magic" we can get.) :teeth:

MP2002
03-08-2007, 04:46 PM
I hear ya! I didn't even get the mass mailing letterhead!;)

wendy18
03-08-2007, 06:25 PM
We were there last weekend and didnt win. I did see lots of Dream Fastpasses & a couple of the blue cloud/silver ear Mickey hats.

mommyoftwinfants
03-08-2007, 06:44 PM
OMG -- I FINALLY WON !!!
(just kidding...still a LOSER)

And here I was all excited and was going to give a bunch of these guys:banana: :yay: :banana: :yay: :banana: :yay: :banana: still got fingers crossed for you and me (still waiting for a lanyard).

LoriMistress
03-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm going to send two postcards. Hopefully, I might win something...but most likely not. I don't win contests.

FINFAN
03-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Just bumping up to say I am still a loser!

Pam

Weluvdisny
03-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Still stopping at the mailbox everyday before work dropping off my postcard. My coworkers must think I have a lot of bills to pay!!:rotfl:

lailah
03-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Don't give up yet! I sent in 5 postcards for each of us (DH, DD, granddaughter and myself in January). Today when I get home from work my husband says that our granddaughter has something that I have to pick up for her at the postoffice. I look at the receipt and it's from....wait for it.....Walt Disney! She will be so excited when I bring it home in the morning! Heck, I'm excited to find out what she received! :laughing: Guess I'll be sending in some more since I know that it's actually can happen! :banana:

calypso*a*go-go
03-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Way to go lailah!!!

When I went out to my mailbox today I got so excited because my individual box had one of the keys that unlocks the boxes on the bottom that packages are held in. I thought...OMG, today is finally the day! Well, it was some Tabasco sauce samples. Don't get me wrong -- I love Tabasco sauce, but I couldn't help but be disappointed. :sad2:

At least I got something to get all fired up about! :rotfl:

Stitch's O'hana
03-17-2007, 08:24 AM
It is just not far, I tell you!!!!:sad2: So many people keep winning over and over again and then there is us that have not won one thing! What's up with that! I think they should send everyone one thing that has send in a card, then it would make everyone's dreams come true!!!

mommykds
03-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Still a loser here...I send in a card every day.:sad1:

lailah
03-17-2007, 07:19 PM
So I share the excitement about my granddaughter to my 23 YEAR OLD and her response was 'why does SHE always get everything'? (Me thinks someone is a little jealous.....;) ) But then she was truly happy that one of us got something!

FINFAN
03-19-2007, 04:08 PM
I am still a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought , o.k., it's gotta be today, right? Wrong. Oh, SOOOOOOOOOOO wrong. I swear, our mailman has been known to "not deliver" :rolleyes1 things, mis-deliver things,( just an all around lousy mailman)...I'm talking MAJOR things, like my mortgage for 3 months! I keep telling myself we HAVE won..he just kept it for himself...or if he did put it in the wrong box, I highly doubt someone would get it to us.

SIGH, MOAN, GROAN, FEELINGS OF DESPAIR....

HOPING FOR TOMORROW,

Pam

Princess Bella Luna
03-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Wish I could play or win - but one of my family is a Disney employee. Everyone spell it out now N-O-T E-L-I-G-I-B-L-E ...

*sigh* :confused3 .

Mikelly1221
03-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, today me and the kids were at MK and we kept coming up to where the Dream Team had been. Getting on the Barnstormer this morning, we saw a couple families coming off with brand new Dream Fastpasses, and then in line at Haunted Mansion, a whole bunch of people came out with the Dream Mickey Ears on. They must have given the ears to a whole stretching room. Then, walking down Main Street, I saw a Dream Team member chatting with someone sitting on the curb in front of the ice cream shop.

All day, I felt like the person who got to the surprise party after they yelled "SURPRISE"-and missed the whole thing.

So yes...I am a loser!

Weluvdisny
03-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I think my Disney receipt went the same way all my samples I'm suppose to get in the mail and my rebate checks go! Not to me!! :confused3

disneyfanfamily
03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
I am NO LONGER a loser! So this is my 2nd and final post here. I got Mickey ears in the mail. But also, the SAME day, I got $20 PepsiFree check!!! I won that too!!!! Plus, I got an unexpected check of $136.00 from Tupperware (my new business). It was a good day....aaaahhhh.......:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Good luck to everyone!
Angela

WeRblam
03-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Well, today me and the kids were at MK and we kept coming up to where the Dream Team had been. Getting on the Barnstormer this morning, we saw a couple families coming off with brand new Dream Fastpasses, and then in line at Haunted Mansion, a whole bunch of people came out with the Dream Mickey Ears on. They must have given the ears to a whole stretching room. Then, walking down Main Street, I saw a Dream Team member chatting with someone sitting on the curb in front of the ice cream shop.

All day, I felt like the person who got to the surprise party after they yelled "SURPRISE"-and missed the whole thing.

So yes...I am a loser!

Sorry, I had to laugh at your description of what you felt like!:rotfl: We will be down in April, hopefully we will have some luck!

calypso*a*go-go
03-20-2007, 01:32 PM
So this is my 2nd and final post here.

What -- we're not good enough for you anymore? :teeth:

You know, you can still stop by from time to time and say hello. :thumbsup2

Congrats on your winning day! :woohoo:

Blueyed Girl
03-20-2007, 01:56 PM
We were there Feb 10-16 and I only saw 2 people with the special Mickey ears on and I was behind a family with the dream fastpasses in line for Dinosaur one day. I didn't see the dream team at all and I didn't see a lot of people with prizes either.

We didn't "win" anything. But, it was my sons first trip so that was like a year of a million dreams anyway!

Oh, and we got a free upgrade at our resort/hotel. That wasn't part of the YOMD but it was definitely NICE!!:thumbsup2

taximomfor4
03-20-2007, 03:03 PM

So yes...I am a loser!

Well, I am a BIGGER loser -- I never even SAW the Dream Team! I looked, and looked. I would have been happy just WITNESSING a dream!

Oh well. Never was very lucky anyway. Gotta get DH there, he wins things lots of times ... WDW will be handing him every prize in the book.

Beth

calypso*a*go-go
03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Gotta get DH there, he wins things lots of times ... WDW will be handing him every prize in the book.

You know how they have the Christmas tree, refrigerator, and coffee pot swaps going...well, I think there might be a few of us that would like to start a Beth's Hubby Swap (of course he'd have to turn the prizes over to us!). :teeth:

mommyoftwinfants
03-20-2007, 07:58 PM
You know how they have the Christmas tree, refrigerator, and coffee pot swaps going...well, I think there might be a few of us that would like to start a Beth's Hubby Swap (of course he'd have to turn the prizes over to us!). :teeth:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

ELLE-TN
03-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the invite FINFAN

Now is everybody will join hands :grouphug: and say a little prayer or throw some pixie dust my way :wizard: I am leaving on April 1 for a disney adventure. :cloud9: I would love it if my daughter could win the castle stay as she absolutely adores Cinderella even though she's eleven...I hope she stays my little girl forever.princess:

Wish us luck!

snowwite
03-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Loser reporting for duty:rotfl2:
I have wasted more money on those post cards and I worry just how many people have seen my name,bday,phone and address. Probably not the safest.
We are going in 3 weeks. Maybe I will not be such a Loser in person

FINFAN
03-23-2007, 05:00 PM
My mail came, but not my prize.....

OH, that's because I haven't WON a prize yet!

Yep, I guess I am pretty good at this loser thing.

Pam

readyalready
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Add me to the loser list, saw 3 dream team members standing around chatting with a bulging bag as we got off Space Mountain today. I asked if we were too early and one said yes, I asked by how much and he said 'you are too early'. Stinkers...

I think they gave away some kind of fast passes and probably the lanyards I've been wanting most, anybody get something at SM on 3/23?

Luv4Disney
03-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Losers here! In and out of the parks. :lmao:

msdznyduck
03-24-2007, 07:50 PM
:wave: CAn I join you guys? Elaine's the name.........losin's the game.
I have only sent in about 100 cards...1 for each of the 4 of us x about 25 days. (I missed a day here and there :scared1: ) Hopefully they have picked one of ours on Mar. 20. It will come just in time for DD's birthday in May.:cool1:

calypso*a*go-go
03-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Of course you can join us...I'm just sorry you had to! :grin:

I keep telling myself: "Just hang in there -- the promotion has barely started", but it's been a bit discouraging lately as we've had hardly any posts from people winning compared to what it was a couple of months ago. It almost seems like they are doing the drawings quarterly instead of monthly (or maybe the fullfillment part isn't being done monthly?).

Here's to lots of new posts from the winning graduates of the Loser's Club! :thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
03-26-2007, 01:54 PM
I WON THE LANYARD/PIN SET!!!

And I'm not kidding this time. :goodvibes

I was finishing up my taxes when someone knocked on the door...almost didn't answer it because I was really trying to concentrate on what I was doing. Anyway, it was the mailman. I knew immediately that I had won. Could tell by the small package that it was the lanyard (which is what I really wanted!). I still have quite a few postcards that are addressed and ready to go, so I'll keep entering until they are gone.

I am now proof that even a loser can be a winner eventually -- so hang in there everybody and keep trying! :wizard:

Hey Pam: I'm sending some extra pixie dust your way. pixiedust:

MP2002
03-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, congrats to you!!!!!

FINFAN
03-26-2007, 05:05 PM
TOTALLY COOL! And you got the lanyard too! I'm so happy for you, I know how hard it is to keep seeing multiple winners....and thatnks for the kind thoughts...just today as the mailman pulled away, I thought, this is so depressing...just not fun anymore, I'm not going to send any more after my 3 remaining are gone....so you gave me renewed faith! And if ANYTHING can cheer up doing taxes...winning a dream can!
Now, if all you winners would KINDLY refrain from sending in any more cards so those of us who are dreamless can have a chance, I'd GREATLY appreciate it!
seriously...YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
03-26-2007, 07:27 PM
You know, I was really beginning to think there was no hope. And trust me, I never win any type of drawing. Honestly, if there were four prizes and five names in the hat -- mine would be the one left. So definitely keep sending those postcards. If I can win...so can you!!! :hug:

Marilou
03-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Well, we sent in a bunch of postcards starting maybe in late November, one every day. I had purchased 100 postcards and we have maybe 30 left. We slacked off around January sometime, but have now started sending them again. Would love the pin/lanyard set...but so far...nada! The kids had fun decorating the postcards in any event...keeps em excited for the trip.
90 MORE DAYS!!!

Smokeyspawn
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
:charac2:

I lost 7 days in a row...

FINFAN
03-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi all you losers, (though it seems as if more of you are crossoing over to the winners side :thumbsup2 )
Today is Wednesday, 3/28/07
All in my family are still losers....no trip planned this year, so not gonna be a in-park winners....
I needed to whine a little. Some magic arriving at our house would have been awesome to tie us over 'till our next trip....but I am down to my last postcard today...not sure that I am going to continue...feeling defeated...OH, WOE IS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

O.K. Whine is officially over.

Pam

Lisa, send some more *PD* my way...you and I seem to be on the same wave length!:goodvibes

granmanh603
03-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Ok another big loser. We were at WDW for 3 weeks 3/6 thru 3/27 and never got a thing. Didn't see anything either just people with the fast passes after the fact and we were at the parks early too. Talk about unlucky!!!!!:confused3

aterriq
03-28-2007, 03:06 PM
FinFan,

I'm in the same boat. DW doesn't want to go to WDW this year. Didn't get the 40% code. No prize from post cards. I won't be an in park winner and my family can go during the slow times since the DDs are in year round school.

big loser here.

FINFAN
03-29-2007, 12:46 PM
You know the song Louie, Louie, Louie Lou -eeeeee, LOUIE, LOUIE ,LOUIE LOU-IIIIIIIIIII.....I HAVE BEEN SINGING lOSERS, LOSERS, LOSERS ARE WEEEEEE, LOSER, LOSER, LOSER, LOSER AM IIIIIII....
I know, I HAVE to get a life...just that we've been ppounded with unexpected expenses this month, and I wa REALLY hoping for a little magic. I still think it's beacsue I live so close to Elmhurst...any Chicago area winners?

Pam

Marilou
03-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Sorry, but WE FINALLY WON!!! We got the pin/lanyard set just today! Mail lady came to the door and said she needed a signature...then she grinned and said "I think you are gonna like it" lol Boy was she ever right!!

VictoriaT
03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
:charac2:

I lost 7 days in a row...

Only Seven days? I have been a loser since it began!!! Oh well, maybe one of these days my ship will come in, or the postman's truck will stop at my house! :lmao: :banana: Can't help but keep hoping and waiting!

anny_c_99
03-29-2007, 01:11 PM
We too are losers!

Nada,,,Nilch,,,Nothing.... I hate the mailman. I can say that, since he's my brother in law.:rotfl2:

BMEngineer
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I have been sending 2 post cards one for me and one for my fiance every day since Jan 31. Still not a winner. But there are ony 46 more days until I can try my luck at Disney. Hope to get the ears before I go! Congrats to new winners.

FigmentJenn
03-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Another loser checking in! :banana:

I didnt win anything in WDW last november and I can't join the postcard thing cause I'm from the Netherlands (although I have tried to sneek in some cards), but hopefully I'll have more luck in the parks in october. Would LOVE to get those Mickey ears!!

Congrats to all the winners!:goodvibes

MissionMouse
03-29-2007, 04:11 PM
There goes the doorbell and there stood the mailman with a certified package from Disney. Didn't think we would ever see anything come from sending in those little cards, but today it happend. Inside the box was a Year of A Million Dream ears hat. One hat...two little girls:banana: not sure winning one of anything is going to work around here

suzimar57
03-29-2007, 05:07 PM
another loser here - got nothing -nada.

bytheblood
03-31-2007, 09:52 PM
There goes the doorbell and there stood the mailman with a certified package from Disney. Didn't think we would ever see anything come from sending in those little cards, but today it happend. Inside the box was a Year of A Million Dream ears hat. One hat...two little girls:banana: not sure winning one of anything is going to work around here

You never got a phone call telling you that you won?

calypso*a*go-go
03-31-2007, 10:34 PM
You never got a phone call telling you that you won?

I think you'd only receive a call if you won something really big. The lanyards and ears have just been sent registered mail via the post office to everyone that's won so far.

calypso*a*go-go
03-31-2007, 10:37 PM
All right everybody...I'm going out of town for a few days so I'm counting on all of you to keep spreading the good wishes and the pixie dust!!!

The next time I read this thread I want to see lots of graduates from the Loser Academy...and that's an order! :teeth:

WDW.Since.2000
04-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Out of the 7 days we were there for, we didn't win anything. Maybe in May...we're there for 10 days.

suzimar57
04-01-2007, 02:25 PM
nothing here by mail - maybe in october...

nts4wdw
04-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Still a loser!

Marilou
04-01-2007, 04:12 PM

I totally know what U mean, we won one lanyard pin set with 2 kids.....let the battle begin! I did get a "sorry we missed U" from mailman on saturday (which irks me b/c I was home!) so I will go to post office Monday and keep my fingers crossed its another lanyard! I've also noticed that the prizes are sent out in a large grouping from others winning posts, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for U too!!!

VictoriaT
04-02-2007, 09:24 AM
All right everybody...I'm going out of town for a few days so I'm counting on all of you to keep spreading the good wishes and the pixie dust!!!

The next time I read this thread I want to see lots of graduates from the Loser Academy...and that's an order! :teeth:

Yes Ma'am!!! I really hope to graduate sometime soon~!~!:banana: :banana: ;)

Stitch's O'hana
04-02-2007, 09:37 AM

How cool would that be if we could tell you, that we all won( when you get back)!
:banana:

Still a Loser for right now though, darn:sad2:

disnee4mygirls
04-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Losing all the way around here. Nothing with the postcards and nothing at the parks. Did see some with the fastpasses and saw some with the hats. :( None for us! Like I saw some others posted, don't get your hopes up, that's for sure! Too bad everyone can't win something!!!!princess:

lovehoney
04-02-2007, 06:53 PM
I need to join. I've sent in 99 postcards and nada.

FINFAN
04-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Losing stinks.
I don't like it anymore.
I am out of post cards.
It's raining.
Both my kids are home sick today.
vomiting

YOAMD's......

TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Pam

lovehoney
04-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Should I take the plunge and order 100 more postcards? I have one left from my original 100 and I just haven't been able to send it out.

jesszac610
04-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Please add me to the list of Losers in Loserville! Visited WDW in Feb. had a great time(as always), dressed alike in Mickey T-shirts, epitomy of a happy family Mom Dad boy girl and grandparents. Everywhere I looked, people were wearing dream pass lanyards, but us nothin..... Ok so last day we're at Epcot pin trading station CM comes over to kids asks if they are pin traders, well yeah just bought some. He invites them to a game of Pin contration. I thought to my self, maybe heres our dream right? Well game over, he thanks the kids for playing , asks their names and hands them this certificate in a really big plastic bag..... I think he read the disappointment on their faces (mine too) for he said , "maybe you don't know , but that certificate is from this years million dream celebration" DS and DD just politely thanked him and smiled and still continued to look in the oversized bag for a pin or something. That's our dream story, but considering we're diehards for Disney, we'll try to get lucky again soon!

fitzkerry
04-06-2007, 01:38 PM
OK, I can't really be a loser cause I won a dream fastpass at MGM in November, but I have to comment. We saw a family who had won ears, FP's in MK, FP's in AK, got to open Epcot, and AK! I just wanted to rub my self on them and see if the luck would rub off!!! And to top it off they were all thin, blond and beautiful. :goodvibes It would have been the most anoying thing in the world to meet them and hear about all their good fortune except they were the nicest people and so grateful and overwhelmed by their good fortune. I'll just keep on sending in my post cards and keep my fingers crossed! I just don't see how I've sent one in EVERY DAY and have not won and some people have won 4-5 times.:sad2:

Disney_Freak2007
04-06-2007, 02:24 PM
:grouphug:

Tinkalink
04-06-2007, 09:56 PM
I just keep thinking that I haven't won... YET! Remember team - The Game Ain't Over!:cheer2: We still have plenty of time left on the clock.:hourglass We have sent over 100 postcards since late Feb. . We will be probably be sending at least 100 more before the whole shibang is over! DH and I have discuss this contest. He says it is simply the luck of the draw, I believe persistence will win out. While it has been said that it is better to be lucky than good, it has also been said that luck is the residue of hard work.
Keep on keepin' on and DON'T GIVE UP! I know this is called the "Losers' Thread", but it really should be called the "Players Who Haven't Won Yet" thread. To all those who have played and won ears and lanyards once, twice or several times I say "Congrats".:thumbsup2

treeshaker
04-06-2007, 10:02 PM
We went to three parks in one day(not bad for "older Kids") didn't see any dream teams. Stood in line next to couple who won FP's. that was it. I DID get to pin trade for a Million Dream pin!!

TinkRBel_In_Training
04-07-2007, 04:06 PM
We just started doing the postcards a couple of weeks ago, so as of right now, I'm part of the Loser's Club! But the way I see it, its only early April, we all have 8.5 months left to win! :thumbsup2 Its not over until its over! :goodvibes

Disney_Freak2007
04-07-2007, 04:07 PM
:wizard: Good luck everyone!

jennifer03878
04-07-2007, 04:23 PM
We saw a bunch of winners and Dream Team members but they didn't come to us :sad2: But you know what, we got to spend a week in Disney with beautiful weather (they had a huge snowstorm at home while we were gone :rotfl2: ) so to me we won!!!!!!

calypso*a*go-go
04-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm backkkkkkkk!!! What, no good news from my regulars? What's this world coming to? I leave for a couple of days and have high hopes for all of you and what do I get....nada, nothin', ziltch. You know those machines they use to flock christmas trees with that spray fake snow all over the branches -- we'll I've got one and it's shooting pixie dust all over the place. So take a number and get in line! :flower1:

Disneyof3
04-10-2007, 08:25 PM
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I got the dreampasses and I got them from this lovely man (not a CM) I was walking into DMGM and he had won them and his family was leaving for the day(this was about 12:30). He came up to me and said are you a family of 4 (technically 5 but DH was at POR sicker then a dog). I said yes and he said you can have these. Were leaving the park now and won't be returning. He just gave them to us with only 1 tab removed.(still don't know what the 1 tab was but think it was TOT). I had already been sick 3 times that am, so we just walked into Little Mermaid thanks to this guy and his family. I unfortunately had to leave the park after that due to being so sick but my kids were so happy he gave them to us that they still have them in their rooms. So to this guy thanks again :banana: :banana: :banana:

adabob
04-12-2007, 06:12 AM
I Am A Loser

FINFAN
04-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Welcome back Lisa....start aiming that pixie dust power shooter my way A.S.A.P! Talk about nadda,nothin' zilch...don't remind me of the amount of dreams we HAVEN'T won! I am out of postcards and have not replenished them...I know when I'm beat. I had a cut off $$$ wise...when the cost of sending the cards started to get close to a night in a value...that would be it! So, what can I say? I tried...it didn't help to see on the news that Chicago is rated as the worst place for mail service..:rolleyes: I could've told them that!I'm going to start a thread to see if any DISers from the Chicago area has won thru the mail..I'm tellling you, having the PO box in Elmhurst...just a few miles from Chicago and me is not a good thing!

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
04-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Pam -- I'm so sorry!!! You better sit on your hands so you don't click on the polls asking how many ears/lanyards have been won. Since you said you've reached your limit financially on sending the cards, I think you should stop for awhile but start back up again in a few months. That was a good comparison about the price of a night's stay. I feel that the people who have already won multiple times will stop sending once they use up the cards they had on hand. I mean really -- how many ears do you need to win? Plus no one has reported winning anything more valuable. I doubt very seriously they will be awarding any big prizes through the postcard entries, they're going to save those for the people actually visiting the parks and spending money there.

So good luck and lots of pixie dust for whatever you decide to do!!! :goodvibes

micksterlee
04-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Just spent 4/7-4/11 at WDW and didn't see hide nor hair of the dream team.

FINFAN
04-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Still a loser...and no has answered as a winner on my Chicago area thread....it will be really disappointing if our area does not produce any winners, really, really disappointing. It is hard to get a little bit of magic so far from WDW.

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
04-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Darn -- no luck yet? There must be someone from Chicago that has won! I really wish we knew what process was used to select the winners. Do they actually have someone stick their hand in a big bag full of postcards each day, or do they just set aside the first ones that show up on a certain day. That later scenario would certainly explain why so many people have won several prizes at once. I think I'm going to start alternating and send several at once, and then some one at a time.

VictoriaT
04-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Still a loser here, too! I just keep sending and hoping!!!:confused3

OhMari
04-17-2007, 12:51 PM
I went to the parks and was not a winner. I saw plenty of people with the hats and laynards and fast pass laynards.

I didn't get to see who won the castle stay. The parade was at noon and we were eating in the Crystal Palace. I heard the name of the family that opened the MK April 7, but I didn't see anyone. Plus Mickey did not come open the MK on April 7 with the train, is that usual?

mickeyholic
04-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Take me off of the losers list, I finally won!!! Please everyone hang in there and do not give up hope! Your time is coming.

FINFAN
04-18-2007, 01:29 PM
looks like a few have won from Il., but still not me! One winner is from the Western Suburbs of Chicago, so that is a great sign.....
still hoping!

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Good for you mickeyholic!!!

Sorry Pam. :hug:

Tissa
04-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Still a looser here:sad2:

Stitch's O'hana
04-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I am still a loser too:sad1:

adabob
04-20-2007, 06:03 AM
This is how close we were getting a dream

If we would have gotten on BTMRR 5 minutes earleir on the left side cause we saw him when we got into our train

I not being mean but it is nice to get one because you are there

msdznyduck
04-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Still a loser...... :sad1:

FINFAN
04-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Livin' the life of a loser..again and again, and again....

Pam

Quasi123
04-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm a loser too and don't expect to win. I never win anything.

LurrrvtheDuck
04-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Ooooh!! This is the list for me!

Unfortunately I have the Loser gene in my family too. I spent a week at WDW and didn't win anything either. But there was a family from England that won the Cinderella Suite the day I was there. Oh well....

I wonder if they give preference to people who are from out of Florida.:confused: Next time I go I'm not saying I'm from Florida.:idea: I think they discriminate against us. :laughing:

We were eating at Mama Melrose and some random CM came up to our table (our table only, mind you) and I got so excited and then he asked where we're from and we said Miami and afterwards he just said to enjoy our meal. He didn't visit any tables before us and no tables after us. Very odd.

calypso*a*go-go
04-23-2007, 09:32 AM
We were eating at Mama Melrose and some random CM came up to our table (our table only, mind you) and I got so excited and then he asked where we're from and we said Miami and afterwards he just said to enjoy our meal. He didn't visit any tables before us and no tables after us. Very odd.

That is a bit odd. Are you close enough in Florida that you will be able to go again before the promotion is over? Maybe you'll have better luck next time. :goodvibes

bunnyfoo
04-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Still a loser here but I've only been mailing in postcards for about a month so I'm still hopeful.

Does anyone know what they do with the postcards after each of the monthly drawings? Do they throw them away and start fresh for the next month?

Michigan_tinkerbell
04-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Welcome to all my loser friends...please feel free to use this thread to vent your frustration concerning the YOAMD mail in entries. Only w/tongue in cheek though: any other behavior will cause you to be ejected from the group -- which makes you a double loser!!! :rotfl:

I was last oct but trying agian this year

queenmum2
04-23-2007, 01:54 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaah....count me in as LoooooooooooooSER. I've been mailing out postcards - averaging, say, 3 per week since October. Nothing...nada...zilch.:sad1:

So, can I join your club?

Tracie

VictoriaT
04-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Still Trying- still nothing yet!!!

FINFAN
04-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Just saying hi from Loser-ville, which I believe I may be stuck in forever!

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
04-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Just saying hi from Loser-ville, which I believe I may be stuck in forever!

Pam

Hey -- at least you've got good company!!! :goodvibes

I don't know, but it seems like we haven't had near as many winners reporting lately. Have the drawings tapered off a bit, or are the same winners afraid to post (because they know we are bitter and will do them bodily harm...just kidding!).

MotoXPrincess99
04-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Is this for all losers or just post card losers? My mom and I won Dream Fast Passes a few weeks ago at California adventure but I would like to win Ears or the Lanyard. I just started sending in post cards last week.

calypso*a*go-go
04-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Is this for all losers or just post card losers? My mom and I won Dream Fast Passes a few weeks ago at California adventure but I would like to win Ears or the Lanyard. I just started sending in post cards last week.

We're flexible...you are allowed to join our prestigious group if you feel you are a loser in any capacity what-so-ever. So come on and join us (I promise we don't bite -- but have been known to whine a bit)! :hyper2: :charac2:

FINFAN
04-24-2007, 07:56 PM
I think if maybe I can time my posts to be in between "winners" posts...y'know, a winner above me, a winner below me...maybe some of the luck will come my way? Humor me people...;)

Pam

LurrrvtheDuck
04-24-2007, 09:05 PM
That is a bit odd. Are you close enough in Florida that you will be able to go again before the promotion is over? Maybe you'll have better luck next time. :goodvibes

Yes I have a few more trips planned before the promotion is up, so I'll keep wishing!

Xcited4Disney
04-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Loser checking in. I've only started sending postcards in March though so I'm still hopeful.

MotoXPrincess99
04-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Good Morning! I decided to start sending in a post card fo my DBF too. Hope it helps! I already decided that once the 100 post cards are gone thats it. I guess is I don't win the ears or lanyard before I go to Disneyland in Dec I could always buy them on eBay...

queenmum2
04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaah....count me in as LoooooooooooooSER. I've been mailing out postcards - averaging, say, 3 per week since October. Nothing...nada...zilch.:sad1:

Tracie

Wow - take me off the list, losers! I got a box today! Dream Ears. So I'm no longer a loser...for now...

(still waiting for the BIG one, though).

Tracie

VictoriaT
04-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Wow - take me off the list, losers! I got a box today! Dream Ears. So I'm no longer a loser...for now...

(still waiting for the BIG one, though).

Tracie

Tracie

Wish I had the luck you did, that was a VERY short time to be on the losers list!! Congrats!!!:cool1: (Bye, the way, I am STILL waiting :rolleyes1 )

MotoXPrincess99
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Nothing yet...

Married_Him_@_Disney
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
We just returned from a wonderful 4 day trip. . . wonderful, but no YOAMD winners in our group.

We saw many Dream Team members, and we even heard some saying "Code 56, moving in, clear, about to award Code 56". Several dream team members started running towards the exit of Haunted Mansion. I wonder what prize comes with Code 56!? :confused3

BMEngineer
04-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I am waiting to graduate from Loserville. I have sent 255 postcards to date and no wins. I must be very unlucky. Maybe that means that my Trip will be very very lucky.

FINFAN
04-30-2007, 12:01 PM
255 IS a lot...I stopped at around 150...just too depressing to keep sending, hoping, and then reading about all the multiple winners out there. So, at least now I can say I didn't win because I didn't enter enough.. tho you think 150 would maybe be a winner. I just had to quit investing good $$$ that could be going toward a future trip. I am actually somewhat relieved we are not visiting during YOAMD...takes away the question of "why not us?" Here's hoping one of your 255 gets picked soon.

Pam

charl
04-30-2007, 12:07 PM
id love to get a lanyard for my new disney pins ive just got, maybe one day i get some pixie dust. send about 200 postcards and havent won anything :(

mcr5298
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
We were there for the week after Easter Sunday.

Not only did we not win, I don't even think we saw the Dream Team.

Anyone have any pictures?

tink&donald
04-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Add me to the loser group. We just returned from a April trip. I hated the way YOAMD made me feel. I felt anxious and depressed--like I needed to be in line so that I didn't miss out on my "chance" to win. Towards the end of my trip my depression turned to bitterness when a lady on my bus who was wearing a dream fastpass was talking about how they not only won the fastpass, but her daughter won something too (I can't even remember what it was). :headache: Yuck, Yuck! YOAMD is like a vampire--it just sucked all the fun and whimsy out of my happy place!

(Of course, all that said, I will always LOVE WDW!!!)

tink&donald
04-30-2007, 02:12 PM
I guess I am an even BIGGER loser than everybody else because I had no clue about post card entires! Ugh, I really have been missin out . . . .

Where can I go to find out about the post cards?

disprincessatheart
05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
we just got back from a week at the world. I was really hoping for even a small dream, and I let my parents and other people who were going know all about YOAMD (they don't dis and knew nothing) and they all won and we didn't :(

My sister and her kids won 'family of the hour" on the dinosaur ride like dumbo in AK and got a certificate and were able to skip the line and ride a few times in a row. My mom and dad won instant fastpasses for Soarin - they walked up to the fp machines and before they put their tickets in the cm stopped them and walked them straight to the front of the line.
Both of those came from the regular cm's working the line.

My DF and I saw just one Dream team member the whole week. When we got in line for the snow white ride i spotted him waiting at the exit. THe line was very short (the only one that week) so when we got off I looked all over but he was gone. We went in the shop right there and looked around. As we were coming back out, we spotted him right back by the ride exit, and right as we walked up he stopped the family in front of us and asked the little girl to name her dream. I was excited for them, but so bummed that I missed it by that much!

We saw a couple of other people walking around with CM's like the ones in the pictures from some of the castle stay winners pictures, but I'm not sure if they won or not. THey were being escorted on and off the rides, so they must have won something big!

I have to say I was sort of disappointed, but the trip was great anyway.

Maybe we'll go back one more time before the YOAMD is over to try again!!

Jenna45
05-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I belong here too... Not only did we not win in Febuary, and we too never saw the dreamteam ( well maybe once downtown, but I am not sure) we did not even see that many winners :eek:

I have been sending in post cards 2 a day for sometime, and everytime I see the postman park his truck and start towards the house I think today is the day :laughing:

Maybe In August !

MotoXPrincess99
05-03-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm still waiting too. I wonder how long after people sent in their post card, before they got a prize.

calypso*a*go-go
05-03-2007, 09:37 AM
This is getting quite frustrating! I've won one lanyard (which was awesome) but I'm going to keep entering to try and win a second so each of my kids will have one. If and when that ever happens, I'll stop because I don't really want or need the ears and I don't think they will be giving away anything better through the mail-in promo. So hang in there everyone -- we still have eight months to enter!!!

DiRTyBuNNy
05-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Well..I'm sort of a loser..I've never gotten anything in the parks (but my DW and I did get a limo ride from the airport to the hotel)

--Mr. DB

lovehoney
05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
but I'm no longer a loser. :cool1:

I sent 99 postacards in February and March. I had purchased 100 but I just couldn't send out that last one. Well on Tuesday I finally sent my 100th postcard and today we received 3 boxes in the mail; one for me and one for each of my sons.

We won YOMD Mickey Ears! Please don't give up hope. It could happen to you!

aterriq
05-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Last Tuesday I won a lanyard and was excited. Needed one more since I have twin DDs. That night, I was up till 5:30 due to bloating and a potential food allegergy.

Two days later, I got a larger second box and knew what it was. I didn't open it right away since I had stricken with more pain that morning. When the pain subsized, I opened the box and it was ears. Once I get to doctor, he thinks I might be my gall bladder. I was admitted that night and had gall bladder surgery 3 days later.

I'm afraid what will happen if I had won a bigger prize. :scared1: :scared1:

I finally feel good enough to recognize my good fortune in winning two prizes.

ButterflyAlias
05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi, I'm Kari - Florida resident, annual passholder, frequent visitor (several times a month) and still a YOAMD loser. It's great to be among friends. :rotfl2:

FINFAN
05-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi Kari...welcome to loserville! However, anyone living in Fl who frequents as often as you is pretty lucky to me!
I have been here for a while, passed up by the mailman daily, sent in 150 cards so far, on a break now. I know, if you don't enter, you can't win..but no more $$$ that could be in the vacation fund is going to postcards. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!:rolleyes1

Pam

Haley Whippet
05-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Where do I sign up to lose???????????
Deb

ButterflyAlias
05-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks Pam. :) I know, my hubby says it's really wrong to complain when we are lucky enough to live so close to the parks and get to visit so often. I can't help it, I am pessimistic by nature and just feel like well jeez, as often as we go you'd think the dream team would find us eventually...lol. You're right though, in the grand scheme of things, I am quite fortunate. We've lived here in Florida since December 2004 and been passholders since December 2005 (a very generous Christmas gift from my mom that she was wonderful enough to do again this past Christmas to give us another Disney-filled year) and I love being able to go to "my happy place" as often as I can.

Still would be nice to win though. ;)

VictoriaT
05-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi Kari...welcome to loserville! However, anyone living in Fl who frequents as often as you is pretty lucky to me!
I have been here for a while, passed up by the mailman daily, sent in 150 cards so far, on a break now. I know, if you don't enter, you can't win..but no more $$$ that could be in the vacation fund is going to postcards. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!:rolleyes1

Pam

That's how I kind of feel right now- I have sent in about 200 cards since the beginning of the contest, to no avail, I am savig up my vacation $$$ and then maybe I will buy some more to send. I just keep hoping!!!

KimmyDisneyNerd
05-07-2007, 10:14 AM
OH YA CHECKIN IN!! I'm a BIG OL LOSER!! LOL Oh well

MotoXPrincess99
05-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Nothing here yet...

I am trying to tak DBF into a trip to DL for my birthday next month. I have a trip planned for Christmas time with my mom but that's too long to wait! And we just went on March 31th, but it seems like such a long time ago. Hopefull I can talk him into it. It would be cool to win something in the park.

silverarrowknits
05-12-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm a loser now. I went to WDW last weekend and got nothing. I kept telling myself the following things...

1. You don't need a lanyard and pins, you don't collect pins!
2. You don't need a dream fast pass, it is quite and are able to walk onto all the rides you want!
3. You don't need ears, they look silly anyhow.

This thought process worked quite well...for about ten seconds at a time that is! ;)

calypso*a*go-go
05-13-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm a loser now. I went to WDW last weekend and got nothing.

Ahhh...but the key here is that you were just at WDW. That makes you a winner in my book!!!

OT: I noticed you are from Gainesville. Just helped DS with a geneology project for school and we found out our great, great, great, great uncle (or something like that!) was the gentleman your city was named after. Plus I just read somewhere that Gainesville was rated one of the top places to live. So guess what -- that makes you a double winner (maybe even a triple winner but I don't want you to get too cocky about it. LOL)!!!

NC State
05-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Just returned yesterday and yes I returned as a loser. I noticed alot of people winning the fastpasses and the ears and I even noticed the couple that won the Thursday night stay in the castle....

wildbill
05-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Well we got back Saturday and now we have joined the proud members of 'we didn't get a stinkin thing' club.

But it was a fabulous trip!!

Bill

n2mm
05-18-2007, 05:08 AM
Well we got back Saturday and now we have joined the proud members of 'we didn't get a stinkin thing' club.

But it was a fabulous trip!!

Bill

Guess that would include us too. We just got back last weekend after a 13 day vacation in WDW and did get a stinkin thing either. Yes we saw the dream makers and saw the winners, but nothing for us. We decided that we just don't meet the criteria of the perfect Disney family. This was not our first trip during this promotion either. I don't buy the "you're winners because you went to WDW". It gets a little old when you keep getting excluded because you are never in the right place at the right time.

LauraAnn630
05-18-2007, 06:23 AM
I went for Christmas and New Years and didnt even see em!

I sent in 80 postcards and havent won anything! (yet)

Maybe in September well get lucky!

Stitch's O'hana
05-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Guess What Everyone?????

I am not a loser anymore! As I just won the Mickey Mouse Ears in the mail today!!!!! They say DisneyLand Resort on them! They are so cool, I just love them!!!!:love: :banana:

I think I had to send in about 80 post cards, to win( this is my first time to win with the post cards).

calypso*a*go-go
05-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Yes...we have another winner!!! Good job Stitch's O'Hana. :goodvibes

supersuperwendy
05-20-2007, 07:28 PM
If this is the year of a million dreams...then they must have given them all out!

Just got back yesterday...may 13th-19th...and I didn't see anyone win anything. I saw several people wearing dream fastpasses, but never witnessed them being given out.

I guess I'm a big ole L-O-S-E-R!!!

Mommy Poppins
05-21-2007, 09:35 AM
We're losers too. We were there 5/4 - 5/13 and didn't win anything. Did see lots of people wearing the fastpasses, but I guess we were never in the right place at the right time.

Disneydreamer5
05-21-2007, 10:25 AM
I am sorry to hear that none of you folks won anything, I have to say I have been telling my children not to even think about winning anything while we are there in September cause I won't be able to bare them being disappointed if they don't win anything.
I do know how you all must feel cause I know deep down I will be alittle said if we get nothing either.
As in life my thoughts are this, hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
Good luck to you all on your next trip!:love:

WDW LifeLong Fan
05-21-2007, 02:27 PM
With an "L" to the forehead, we are LOSERS! :lmao:

BC last week without a "sniff" of winning. :sad2:

FINFAN
05-22-2007, 09:06 AM
MY DS FINALLY WON EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!FINALLY , FINALLY , FINALLY!
I had put winning out of my mind, forgot all about YOAMD, and then he wins! He was thrilled as he knew nothing about the mail in promo, so right now, he truly thinks it is magic at it's best! Thay are the Disneyland ears, but he loves them all the same. It is really nice as we can't afford a trip this year, the magic came to him!

Pam

calypso*a*go-go
05-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes Ladies and Gentlemen...We have a winner!

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/misc/cartoon/dancing-frog.gif

madison66
05-23-2007, 12:34 PM

BMEngineer
05-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Just returned from an 8 day vacation at WDW and did not win anything. Never saw any person from the dream team and only saw a few fastpasses. I was in the parks all day every day. Maybe I will win in the mail.

AlexTina
05-27-2007, 11:33 PM
We just returned from 12 days and we spent part of every single day in one park or another and we didn't win anything either. I saw a few people with the fastpasses and a few with the lanyards. I saw members of the dream team around but most of the time they were just directing people or answering questions. The entire time we were there I only saw two groups with the mickey ears. I think the odds are pretty low that you'll get anything.

calypso*a*go-go
05-28-2007, 10:15 AM
I've always wondered if there is a set amount of prizes given out that is the same each day...or if it's percentages based on attendance where more prizes would be given out on busier days.

We're going for twelve days in August and I'll be so disappointed if I don't see hide nor hair of the dream team!!!

AlexTina
05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
We're going for twelve days in August and I'll be so disappointed if I don't see hide nor hair of the dream team!!!

Definately!! I was really surprised with the amount of time we spent in the parks that I saw so few Dream Team members, and believe me I was looking, LOL!!