PDA

View Full Version : Scrooge McDuck collector here... any Scrooge Mem. to trade? buy?

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi there!! DH is a huge Scrooge Collector- which makes me.... another big Scrooge McDuck collector. Does anyone have any old Scrooge memorabilia crammed up in their attic that they might be willing to trade or possibly sell??

TY :)
-Two Scrooge Fans...

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/maggimus/Disney%20Nov%202006/Day378.jpg

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Bumping...

mickeyfan2
01-09-2007, 10:41 AM
We had to wait in line and then have the line bypass us to get our Scrooge McDuck photo at MVMCP. DH was so happy.

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 10:46 AM
he's very hard to find. We were there in November... and the evening of our disney wedding... we decided to hope over to the MK for a little while before our reception dinner at O'hana's... and to our surprise-- there he was!! The sign said Donald but we knew it was Scrooge!! :woohoo: :banana: :dance3: :cool1:

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 04:21 PM
bumping...:flower3:

WDWAurora
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM
We're right there with you! I loved the drawing you showed in your TR!! I had never considered doing a custom drawing like that before, but now I'm sure we will next time we go.

My grandmother found an awesome pin while she was there with my parents and other grandmother over Christmas. It's Scrooge selling the Brooklyn bridge. We didn't know it was available outside of NY! We've ordered a fair number of pins from various places and bought both seasons of Ducktales.

We wanted the big figure, but were too cheap to buy it. I haven't seen it for a while, though. You're not too far from here! My home county borders TN and I'm not far now-I have to go to Sevierville every once in a while to go to the scrapbook store!

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh wow-- you are very close. Howdy Neighbor! Seymour is the small town between Sevierville and Knoxville---DH works in Sevierville at the local Ford Dealership.

We do have that scrooge pin you are referring to. We also have the one of him licking his finger counting money, him winking at a coin holding a cane- while standing in a puddle of money, etc.... we also have one from the disney store of him in china.

Thank you very much for the compliment on the drawing... what a nice guy that was to just draw and give it to us. It is so hard to find Scrooge memorabelia... if you ever decide to part with any of it let me know. Hes a hard one to come across.

In the meantime... maybe we can both make some headway and find someone hoarding an old figuring up in their closet somewhere...;) what'a ya say??

flying_babyb
01-09-2007, 04:47 PM
isnt he from duck tales? You know with the 3 nephews? I have a really old movie with him in.

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
he IS in duck tales...PM me if you want to part with it.

CindyKansas
01-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Good luck finding Scrooge McDuck merchandise. My DH collects the stuff and it's hard to come by. In fact the last item I was able to buy something for him was a nutcracker through last years Disney Catalog. We were at Disneyland last month and I didn't see anything related to Scrooge.

If my scanner was XP compatible I would share DH and DD's picture with Scrooge in front of the Bank at the Magic Kingdom but that will have to wait.

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 05:06 PM
When in WDW for our wedding and honeymoon-- we asked EVERYWHERE and looked everywhere for anything scrooge related. The only things we came out with were a moneyclip, trading pins (not that we purchased, but discontinued pins on cast members lanyards), a $45. Raddko ornament, and a drawing from a disney artist.

we did recently find the snowglobe on disneyshopping.com... i got it for about 40.00 on sale with a collectors pin. Worked out well-- but that was the only scrooge thing out.

We even tried the christmas store (since he is a christmas character as well) and they only had that single ornament.

he seems to be a dying thing... but -doesnt hurt to try!!

Pixiedust34
01-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Scrooge is my ds' favorite character. He has a plush Scrooge from TDS, but nothing from WDW. We were hoping to see Scrooge at MNSSHP but we didn't. Scrooge merchandise is hard to find!

Amazon.com has a 3 disk DVD set of DuckTales.

flying_babyb
01-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Good luck finding Scrooge McDuck merchandise. My DH collects the stuff and it's hard to come by. In fact the last item I was able to buy something for him was a nutcracker through last years Disney Catalog. We were at Disneyland last month and I didn't see anything related to Scrooge.

Do you guys ever try your local goodwill for items? I saw a old style scrooge with this nephews there about 6 months back. ANyone into chip and dale? I have a movie from that too that my kids (I call my daycare charges, MY kids) dont like.

" here in duckbird..."

GalDisney
01-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I used to have a scrooge McDuck clock. It was gold(not real) lol, round to look like a bank vault. it was nice! The face of the clock had Scrooge Mc Duck on it.

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 07:28 PM
used to?? Well what happened? You didnt anticipate a fellow DISer would be desperately wanting it?:sad:

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Do you guys ever try your local goodwill for items? I saw a old style scrooge with this nephews there about 6 months back. ANyone into chip and dale? I have a movie from that too that my kids (I call my daycare charges, MY kids) dont like.

" here in duckbird..."

Goodwill is the best place to find any disney memorabilia. Most people get rid of the stuff thinking its nothing--- but its actually a gold mine to some. Havent ever had luck finding Scrooge stuff there though..

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
:cheer2: anymore scrooge memorabilia floating out there??

flying_babyb
01-09-2007, 09:07 PM
i will have to check our GW (goodwill) again soon as they open.

Maggimus
01-09-2007, 09:55 PM
thanks... im actually going to head over to my local goodwill tomorrow morning.

Maggimus
01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
bump:dance3:

Maggimus
01-12-2007, 02:28 PM
bump....:worship:

Maggimus
01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
:donald:

Maggimus
01-13-2007, 11:43 AM
:flower3:

flying_babyb
01-14-2007, 12:10 AM
nothing at our gw right now :( I looked

Maggimus
01-14-2007, 07:57 AM
I actually went on Wednesday, and nothing scrooge but I did find a Webby stuffed animal (Shes in the duck family). Had to snatch her up. Still looking though... popcorn::

flying_babyb
01-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I keep looking now too LOL!!

StephSFL
01-15-2007, 12:12 AM
I actually went on Wednesday, and nothing scrooge but I did find a Webby stuffed animal (Shes in the duck family). Had to snatch her up. Still looking though... popcorn::

I still have my 'ol webigial plush- is yours in pink?

Well, I know there is a large statue (about two feet tall) of Scrooge throwing money. They originally sold for about $125 and if you call one of the collectable stores (Art of Disney at Downtown Dis or the place in EPCOT) they may be able to help you track one down. I am not sure if he was a numbered piece, but if you can't find one thru Disney I know a collector who may be able to hunt one down for you!
Hope you find some good stuff! I will keep looking!

Maggimus
01-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks Steph! While at Disney, we went into the collectable store downtown and they said they had absolutely nothing of Scrooge left- nor could it be ordered. They said they actually had to jack the price way down for someone to even buy it. :sad2:

Yeah my webby plush has her pink shirt on with 'webby' written on her stomach and a headband around her head. She looks like a baby (with her tongue hanging out and all).
Same one you are thinking of??

Thanks so much for your reply!! So glad you found me over here!!

StephSFL
01-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks Steph! While at Disney, we went into the collectable store downtown and they said they had absolutely nothing of Scrooge left- nor could it be ordered. They said they actually had to jack the price way down for someone to even buy it. :sad2:

Yeah my webby plush has her pink shirt on with 'webby' written on her stomach and a headband around her head. She looks like a baby (with her tongue hanging out and all).
Same one you are thinking of??

Thanks so much for your reply!! So glad you found me over here!!

HaHa! Yep, it's the same webbie doll! She is so cute!
I will do some hunting for you . . . ok, my Dad actually will. Happy hunting to al!

StephSFL
01-15-2007, 10:10 AM
So glad you found me over here!!

Gotta love the Budget Board!

~Kathie
01-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Have you checked ebay?? There are quite a few items there. There is a Hagen-Renaker Figurine up now. It's small, old and on the CARD!!!! These figures are very delicate and hard to find intact, never mind on the card.

If you collect Scrooge pins........there are hundreds of those on ebay too. I'm sure there are some available at the Downtown Disney Pin Traders Store.

Good luck!

Maggimus
01-15-2007, 10:32 AM
I see stuff on ebay all of the time... but Im horrible at judging a good deal from a bad one. I dont really know what memorabilia goes for.... not to mention whether its really even worth anything or not.

Im going to check that out Hagen- Renaker Figurine out.. thanks Kathie!

Maggimus
01-15-2007, 10:38 AM
I just checked that out on e-bay.... SO nice!! I would absolutely love that. Do you know how valuable those Hagen-Renaker figures are? I put it on watch... it does say that the guys reserve hasnt been met yet though. Hmm....

~Kathie
01-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Vintage Disney Hagen-Renaker's tend to run a little pricy. I looked it up in my Hagen-Renaker Price Guide. Are you sitting down?? $175.......and that is without the card. Oh boy!! The guide is ©1999-2003 so figure the value is a little higher. Then again..........you know ebay......it depends on how bad someone wants it.

Some of the Hagen-Renakers go for a lot more. I collect any Tinker Bell and Peter Pan figurines (not just Hagens). I've been collecting seriously since 1997. There is a John Darling Hagen that I still don't have. He shows up on ebay once in a great while. Last one went for $1800. :scared1:

Some people have unlimited funds but that is too rich for me. I'll wait until all the $$bags get theirs.........and then there will be one out there for me. I also need Wendy and 2 of the 4 mermaids from Peter Pan. I can wait.

One thing to remember about collecting and buying on ebay is to ask questions. Some sellers just don't give you enough information. Also, practice patience. Decide what you want to spend and then stick to it. Remember, another onw will come around again. May not be for months or years..........but it will.

My middle name used to be NO-PATIENCE. I've paid a lot of money for something only to have the next one go for half of what I paid. :headache:

I don't do that anymore. Plus.....as time goes on....I become more savvy as to how scarce an item is so I am better able to plan my attack!!! :surfweb:

If you find anything you are interested in on ebay and want me to give it a look-see.......LMK. I have many Disney collectibles books (AND a LOT of collectibles) so I can most likely tell you about most items, regarding time period made, value, etc. If it's in one of my books, I can find it.

I also have a couple of dealer friends (they feed my collection) I can point you in the direction of one's web site. He has some cool older items and some newer stuff.......not sure if there is any Scrooge stuff.

My email is ricard331 @ verizon. net Without the spaces.

Happy collecting.

Maggimus
01-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Thank you so much for that information! I don't think I've had anyone give me the time like you have!! $175?? Wow! I suppose if the bid stays low... (Its about $50 right now)... I could bid at the end and then let them decide whether or not to sell it, right?

I will defiantely be staying in touch with you.. like I said- I am not a good judge of somethings value. I often worry that people are charging an arm and a leg for something that isnt so hard to find.

Thanks so much!! Yes, and if you find anyone with Scrooge stuff please send me their way!

flying_babyb
01-15-2007, 03:38 PM
mag- I would suggest you get this book. It seemes to be the bible for disney prices. I borrowed my copy from the libary but am going to buy one. theres about 20 pages on scooge alone. It covers many other disney collectables too so its kinda a good all around book. Its 960 pages. If you want more infromation on it let me know since I have my copy till the end of next week. I copied a link to a place you can get it used for 4 bucks insted of 20 new. I hope this helps.

The Official Price Guide to Disney Collectibles (Paperback)
by Ted Hake

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Price-Guide-Disney-Collectibles/dp/0375721290/sr=11-1/qid=1168897278/ref=sr_11_1/102-5658866-0008935

StephSFL
01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Here are a couple of things you may want to look at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Donald-Duck-Uncle-Scrooge-Big-Fig-Statue-NIB_W0QQitemZ230077446228QQihZ013QQcategoryZ35850Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are two of these on EBAY, but this one has the cheapest shipping!

Maggimus
01-15-2007, 04:38 PM
mag- I would suggest you get this book. It seemes to be the bible for disney prices. I borrowed my copy from the libary but am going to buy one. theres about 20 pages on scooge alone. It covers many other disney collectables too so its kinda a good all around book. Its 960 pages. If you want more infromation on it let me know since I have my copy till the end of next week. I copied a link to a place you can get it used for 4 bucks insted of 20 new. I hope this helps.

The Official Price Guide to Disney Collectibles (Paperback)
by Ted Hake

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Price-Guide-Disney-Collectibles/dp/0375721290/sr=11-1/qid=1168897278/ref=sr_11_1/102-5658866-0008935

Thank you so much for this!!! :woohoo: I am definately going to try and find it. Used for 4 bucks? Mine says its 19.28.. hmm??

Steph-- THanks so much!! Im going to tell DH. he loves big stuff like that. We were looking for a large figurine like that at Disney but didnt find one.. and low and behold you find one!!:hug:

StephSFL
01-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Hope it works out and you get something fabulous!

flying_babyb
01-16-2007, 02:55 PM
I cried today when I got my first disney pin. I love it so much. I had to come tell you guys cause NO ONE in my house was excited (or cared). THatk you magg

Maggimus
01-16-2007, 04:02 PM
im so glad you received it today!!! Glad you liked it!!