PDA

View Full Version : I am so dense....I've been looking at this all wrong...

Lisa_M
01-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I've been thinking that the point chart of M-Th at 27 points is 27 points for that whole time...not 27 points per night...This blows my whole 50 points is enough stuff out of the water...It even puts me short on a studio. I guess I better rethink this.

Deb & Bill
01-08-2007, 12:29 PM
When the point chart says Sun-Thur Xpoints, that is per night. It says Fri-Sat Y points (that is also per night). Then it will give a week's stay points - Z points. That is for the entire week, 7 days in that time frame. Remember if your stay extends to a different time frame (thinking of Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) then you count the points by the day instead of by the week.

50 points may get you a studio at some resorts, but probably only for five days at the lowest time frame.

LisaS
01-08-2007, 12:29 PM
I've been thinking that the point chart of M-Th at 27 points is 27 points for that whole time...not 27 points per night...This blows my whole 50 points is enough stuff out of the water...It even puts me short on a studio. I guess I better rethink this.That would be an incredible deal, wouldn't it? But no, it is the point cost per night for weekday (Sunday - Thursday) nights. Similarly the number for "Fri-Sat" is the number of points needed per night for weekend nights (Fri, Sat). The "Weekly" number is the total points cost for 7 consecutive nights (5 weekday nights and 2 weekend nights).

Fifty points doesn't go very far unless you only stay in studios during lower points seasons or you don't go every year and can bank and/or borrow points for your stay.

Good luck!

dianeschlicht
01-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Oh my! No wonder you though 25 points would be enough!

byoung
01-08-2007, 07:23 PM
OKW 40 pts will get you 5 nights in a studio.

DisDaydreamer
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
OKW 40 pts will get you 5 nights in a studio.

VB & HHI too. Well... maybe 45-50 pts.

Caitsmama
01-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Right, say you went first week of Dec. (which is low in crowds) 50 pts would get you a studio for 5 nights/6 days.. every year! That seems great to me, to start!!

3DisneyKids
01-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Sorr for your mistake! Yikes...but hey....at least you found out NOW. That is why it is so important to really read up on DVC and do your research, etc.

I still think that starting with 50 points is a good idea. You can always add on as needed (and as funds become available). As others have said, 40 points gets you 5 nights in a studio at OKW during low season, so you are still guaranteed a vacation every year.

calypso*a*go-go
01-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Now that you've got it all figured out, just buy about 1,000 pts. and that should take care of everything, right? (oh...if only it was that easy!) :)

Lisa_M
01-10-2007, 03:06 PM
lol yeah, if only I had loads of money for 1000 points. I think for now we'll just hold off on buying in. I've been looking into this for almost 2 years, another year or so won't be that big of a deal. Besides, I can't get my husband on board with this now.