PDA

View Full Version : New - MS now require address of guests for guest ressie

Scotch
01-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already -- I browsed through recent pages quickly and didn't see a post.

When making a guest reservation today I was told by the CM that effective this January, members must provide an address (and phone number?) for the guest when making a guest reservation. The CM said that the resorts requested this information to speed up the check-in process. [Since today was the first day I ever had to make a guest reservation, I don't know if this was an unofficial practice before this year.]

Just want to give those who need to make a guest reservation a heads up.

Granny
01-05-2007, 07:09 AM
I think I saw a thread on this a couple of days ago. Some feel it may be an attempt to cut back on making a reservation and then renting it out. I'm not sure what is driving it but based on my experience two weeks ago, it isn't helping the check-in process.

When I made my reservations through MS, I gave the names of everyone in my family who was making the trip. When I checked in, that CM could only see my name on the reservation and I had to give all the names again. So I'm not sure that the MS reservation system "talks" all that well to the front desks at the resorts. That wasn't the first time I'd heard that from a check-in CM.

Chuck S
01-05-2007, 07:34 AM
There are also reports that this is being required for cash ressie made through CRO...so it is a system wide change. Perhaps for the DDP, perhaps to better service groups for DME (if they are on several flights) or perhaps for security. This is one change that I think has very little, if anything, to do with renting.

jekjones1558
01-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Do you mean info for every guest in every room, even if the member is staying in the room? Or are you talking about a room for someone else, when the member is not staying in the room? Also, was there any mention of "no changes allowed"? Just asking, based on concerns from another thread. Thanks.

Doctor P
01-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Do you mean info for every guest in every room, even if the member is staying in the room? Or are you talking about a room for someone else, when the member is not staying in the room? Also, was there any mention of "no changes allowed"? Just asking, based on concerns from another thread. Thanks.

Every guest in every room is my understanding.

Figment2
01-05-2007, 09:04 AM
I posted on the other thread too. When I called earlier this week for a Dec. reservation I mentioned that I wasn't sure my friend's husband was joining us. The CM said no problem, I can add him later. She also just took my friend's name and did not need her address. What the CM said to me is previously someone would call in and reserve 10 rooms of various sizes and just put their name on all the rooms.

Granny - I ran into the same thing this past trip. Even though I had my two friends' names on the reservation, I had to provide them again at check in. And it wasn't just to "confirm" since I had to spell out last names.

Cyn

jekjones1558
01-05-2007, 10:23 AM
This sounds like it will be no problem after all.

dianeschlicht
01-05-2007, 11:59 AM
We have been asked to do this ever since they started putting all guests names on the key cards. I have done it for at least 4 trips, I think. They did say I could call back with them and let me make the ressies anyway.

Mike
01-05-2007, 06:01 PM
I have called the past 3 days for a Dec reservation and all I needed to provide was the 12 names and the ages of the 6 children.

dvcnewgirl
01-05-2007, 06:47 PM
I called to make a ressie for myself and my parents. They wanted the names , addresses, and phone numbers for both of us.

crys5
01-07-2007, 05:31 PM
i rented points from someone on the rent/trade board who made my reservations last week, he needed my address and phone number for the reservation. At the end of the week i had a missed call on my phone, called the number back later and it was Disney Vacation Club, no idea what they would have wanted unless they are calling to confirm my reservation maybe? I will call the number back tomorrow to see.

Scotch
01-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Wow, DVC is calling guests on a reservation! I'm not sure how I feel about that. Please let us know why the CM called.

crys5
01-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Wow, DVC is calling guests on a reservation! I'm not sure how I feel about that. Please let us know why the CM called.

i am not saying that is why they called, just wondering why they would be? And if this has happened to anyone else? i will call to find out though.

Good Ol Gal
01-07-2007, 07:59 PM
i rented points from someone on the rent/trade board who made my reservations last week, he needed my address and phone number for the reservation. At the end of the week i had a missed call on my phone, called the number back later and it was Disney Vacation Club, no idea what they would have wanted unless they are calling to confirm my reservation maybe? I will call the number back tomorrow to see.

I am very interested in hearing why they called you :scratchin

greenban
01-08-2007, 11:39 AM
i am not saying that is why they called, just wondering why they would be? And if this has happened to anyone else? i will call to find out though.

Just say the Owner you rented from is an in-law!

Rental Compliance Police, errrr Cast Members.

-Tony

calypso*a*go-go
01-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Sometimes they call to help set up or confirm Magical Express. They might also be trying to "upsell" the DDP. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

CarolA
01-09-2007, 09:38 AM
We have been asked to do this ever since they started putting all guests names on the key cards. I have done it for at least 4 trips, I think. They did say I could call back with them and let me make the ressies anyway.

I just made a reservation for a friend of mine and I was told if I didn't have the address I could not make the reservation. I had to get the address off my laptop. The phone number is not an issue since for some reason I didn't have her phone number. Of course with the address they could look up the phone number!

jodifla
01-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I just made a reservation for a friend of mine and I was told if I didn't have the address I could not make the reservation. I had to get the address off my laptop. The phone number is not an issue since for some reason I didn't have her phone number. Of course with the address they could look up the phone number!

This is bad news! I'd just be tempted to make up an address.

CarolA
01-09-2007, 10:17 AM
This is bad news! I'd just be tempted to make up an address.

Why? I was booking for a real person with a real address (My actual concern was that I didn't want Disney to contact my friend before I did, it was a surprise for her! She knows now so I don't care if they contact her!)

greenban
01-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Like everything else DVC related, it depends who you get.

I just made a partial ressie using holding points, with one night waitlisted, and they didn't ask me for anyones name or address, not even the number of guests!

It may have been because 1 day is missing in the middle of the ressie, but this is the first time I was not asked for number of guests, or name of guests. I am assuming, they listed me as the guest (I Hope)

-Tony

LIFERBABE
01-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, Im just off the phone with MS and was told No Addy No Ressie! I put in my name and will have to call back to change it once I get home. I didnt have that info handy.

The guest still cannot call and will not receive anything by mail so I am confused as to why they now require that info:confused3

crys5
01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Well, i called them back yesterday, they wanted to send me information on buying into DVC. So that is what the phone call was all about.

Deb & Bill
01-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Maybe they are calling the non-member to see how much they paid for the reservation?

dianeschlicht
01-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I really think this has more to do with DME than anything. I think they are ASSUMING every one will do DME, and if folks make that decision, they will have the information. I know when I called this morning, she asked if I had my airline information available as well, and I said I did not. She made it sound like they are assuming everyone will be doing DME. Maybe that's what's behind the charging for parking idea.

Chuck S
01-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Maybe that's what's behind the charging for parking idea.

Maybe, but still a bad idea. People that live only a few hours from WDW, including nearby states, drive. It is generally much more economical than flying a family of 4 a few hundred miles. Plus, there are folks that drive because their vehicles are equipped with lifts, etc. for their wheelchairs and scooters.

chris1gill
01-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Glad I know my address!! :lmao: I'll have it ready next time I call!

Inkmahm
01-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I think I remember reading the earlier thread, too, because when I called yesterday morning to start my two reservations for December, I had addresses ready. I was asked for the names of everyone who would be in both villas and the ages of the children (13 year old is a "junior" rather than a "child?")

I obviously knew my own address for our villa but I had to give my father-in-law's address for the other villa. There are 3 different couples in our 2 bedroom and two different couples (one of which as the two kids) in the other 2 bedroom villa. But I only had to give one address for each room.

When I called today to add another day to the reservation, the CM asked me about the DME and the DDP. I didn't know about DME yet for the others (DH and I always rent a car) so the CM just said to call back with flight numbers when we had the info if DME was wanted.

greenban
01-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Well, i called them back yesterday, they wanted to send me information on buying into DVC. So that is what the phone call was all about.

So are you going to buy in ;)

-Tony

jodifla
01-09-2007, 02:50 PM
MORE HASSLES! This sucks big time.

Why is the whole Disney thing getting worse and worse?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lewisc
01-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, Im just off the phone with MS and was told No Addy No Ressie! I put in my name and will have to call back to change it once I get home. I didnt have that info handy.

The guest still cannot call and will not receive anything by mail so I am confused as to why they now require that info:confused3

What happens if you just use your address as the mailing address for all guests on your reservation?

greenban
01-09-2007, 03:26 PM
What happens if you just use your address as the mailing address for all guests on your reservation?

Jack-Booted Tiggers will come to your home and man-handle your children.

See this thread for proof:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1316936

They have PIXIE DUST on their side, they know when you are sleeping. Oopps wait, wrong person there.

Just like the DME Police know if you are only using the DME oneway, and will force you onto the DME Bus when you leave WDW, these Jack-Booted Tiggers will find and punish you, please don't try this. Trust one who knows first hand!

-Tony

mickeysgal
01-09-2007, 04:07 PM

Why is the whole Disney thing getting worse and worse?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially since I've had to repeat the full names at check-in even though they were on the reservation from the start. Now, I would imagine that we'll have to repeat addresses of each and every person at check-in also. Its easy to say, they're all the same address, but if they're not, and you want to be precise and accurate, it will make the check-in process that much lonnnnggger.

dianeschlicht
01-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Maybe, but still a bad idea. People that live only a few hours from WDW, including nearby states, drive. It is generally much more economical than flying a family of 4 a few hundred miles. Plus, there are folks that drive because their vehicles are equipped with lifts, etc. for their wheelchairs and scooters.

I totally agree, Chuck, but I was trying to think of a reason they are doing this both at DVC and CRO.

CarolA
01-09-2007, 05:46 PM

As far as I can tell the only "hassle" would be if you are "reserving for mythical friends who you will meet when you get a check"

It took me all of one minute to pull my friend up on my contacts and give out her address. (Had I remembered this thread it would have taken even LESS time!)

gblast123
01-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Quite frankly, I was surprised by this today. Disney seems to be trying to intimidate the very people who are DVC members that made it a success.

DVC members have had to put up a considerable amount of money for the "privilege" of going to Disney. For all this up front money, we have the "privilege" additional restrictions every few months. First the rule against more than 1 transfer, then the rule that we can't rent more than x number of times in a year, now this???

Why should my guests be forced to give their names and addresses to Disney? I had not had the pleasure of having any Hotel or resort, ever, requiring the names, addresses and telephone numbers of each guest!!!

Unfortunately, DVC members are a silent and quiescent group and nobody will say anything.

I am in the process of getting rid of my points and cancelled a 450 point contract with Disney because of these ridiculous restrictions.

I would suggest that everyone write a letter (not an email) and let them know of your displeasure!!

Good luck to all

pinktales
01-10-2007, 01:04 AM
They put a restrictions on how many points you can rent out? I haven't heard this one yet... Guess I'll have to do some searching. Anyone heard more about this? If they start doing that then yes I will be selling lots of my points also and I would imagen lots of other people will be. Doesn't sound like too good of an idea on their part to do that.

I also have had to give the "guests" address & phone numbers too in the last few days in making ressies or transferring them to others.

crys5
01-10-2007, 01:20 AM
So are you going to buy in ;)

-Tony

I told them to send the information , we are thinking about it, so the info will be helpfull. We will see, we have never stayed at a DVC, Nov. will be our first DVC stay on rented points.

CarolA
01-10-2007, 08:51 AM
They put a restrictions on how many points you can rent out? I haven't heard this one yet... Guess I'll have to do some searching. Anyone heard more about this? If they start doing that then yes I will be selling lots of my points also and I would imagen lots of other people will be. Doesn't sound like too good of an idea on their part to do that.

I also have had to give the "guests" address & phone numbers too in the last few days in making ressies or transferring them to others.

From an overall Disney point of view YES it does. If folks like you quit renting cheap then people will get thier rooms from Disney not from you. Disney will make more money since they will either buy your points back from you and sell them again and/or hopefully they will get sold to someone who uses them for themselves.

The tendency on this board is to assume DVC is this "independent" entity. It's not, it's health is dependent on the overall health of the Disney entity!

CarolA
01-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Quite frankly, I was surprised by this today. Disney seems to be trying to intimidate the very people who are DVC members that made it a success.

DVC members have had to put up a considerable amount of money for the "privilege" of going to Disney. For all this up front money, we have the "privilege" additional restrictions every few months. First the rule against more than 1 transfer, then the rule that we can't rent more than x number of times in a year, now this???

Why should my guests be forced to give their names and addresses to Disney? I had not had the pleasure of having any Hotel or resort, ever, requiring the names, addresses and telephone numbers of each guest!!!

Unfortunately, DVC members are a silent and quiescent group and nobody will say anything.

I am in the process of getting rid of my points and cancelled a 450 point contract with Disney because of these ridiculous restrictions.

I would suggest that everyone write a letter (not an email) and let them know of your displeasure!!

Good luck to all

UM... while I know of no other hotel chain that does this. ALL of the Disney hotels do this so.....

I am not displeased. (Why do I think those that are displeased didn't have "guests" but customers?)

Chuck S
01-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Just for confirmation of the policy, this is from the January Vaction Magic email:

Guest reservations require additional details
Vacation Magic E-mail Update has learned of a new policy affecting vacation reservations for Members' Guests.

Effective immediately, Members making vacation reservations for a Guest through Member Services must provide Member Services with the Guest's name, address and phone number.

jodifla
01-10-2007, 09:48 AM
UM... while I know of no other hotel chain that does this. ALL of the Disney hotels do this so.....

I am not displeased. (Why do I think those that are displeased didn't have "guests" but customers?)

I'm darn sure displeased, and I've NEVER RENTED OUT A SINGLE POINT!

I have guests coming and going. Guess I just won't tell WDW!

Chuck S
01-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm darn sure displeased, and I've NEVER RENTED OUT A SINGLE POINT!

I have guests coming and going. Guess I just won't tell WDW!

If your guests are driving to the property, taking DME, or planning to use EMH Disney will need to know.

jodifla
01-10-2007, 09:52 AM
If your guests are driving to the property, taking DME, or planning to use EMH Disney will need to know.

There are ways around everything.

granmanh603
01-10-2007, 09:58 AM

I totally agree and am not displeased either. And I don't think there will be that many people selling their DVC and if they do better for us and Disney!!!! Its about time they did this. :goodvibes

jodifla
01-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I totally agree and am not displeased either. And I don't think there will be that many people selling their DVC and if they do better for us and Disney!!!! Its about time they did this. :goodvibes

Why does BIG BROTHER need to know who is in my room? It's despicable.

Chuck S
01-10-2007, 10:08 AM

Remember. this policy isn't only for DVC, it is WDW resort wide. Some suspect is a Homeland Security recommendation (perhaps), but I think they are trying to integrate their system for DME and different arrivals. For instance, if the room is reserved by "Peggy Sue Doe" and she invited her friend "Tina Smith" along, and Ms. Smith arrives on a different flight, and if there are 15 Tina Smiths arriving that day how will the luggage handlers know which resort and room Ms. Smith's luggage goes to if they can't cross reference the address and phone in the WDW computer system?

castleri
01-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Last September we had a studio and a 2BR for 10 people - that was for 5 separate addresses from 4 states- I wonder how this will continue with the time required to type all that in by the CM with each reservation like mine. I wonder if this isn't a try at more marketing oportunities. They will now have more names and addresses to send stuff to. They already have a great deal of info in their files. When I modified a reservation for the NYE period and added my granddaughter's name something happened that wiped out my name and put her in with an age of 63 (my age) she's 20. The CM finally just left it that way she said. I thought they only asked for children's ages. When I made the bounce back reservation for Sept. the reservationist started calling up all the names from our September DVC visit of last year which I had to modify as not everyone is going this year.

jodifla
01-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Remember. this policy isn't only for DVC, it is WDW resort wide. Some suspect is a Homeland Security recommendation (perhaps), but I think they are trying to integrate their system for DME and different arrivals. For instance, if the room is reserved by "Peggy Sue Doe" and she invited her friend "Tina Smith" along, and Ms. Smith arrives on a different flight, and if there are 15 Tina Smiths arriving that day how will the luggage handlers know which resort and room Ms. Smith's luggage goes to if they can't cross reference the address and phone in the WDW computer system?

Since the majority of my guests come from Florida, it's not an issue for me.

And certainly, if you WANT Disney services, then you should pony up the name.

But WDW doesn't need the address of everyone who is staying with me at my "Home Away from Home."

Don't give my mortgage company that info, so why should I give Disney that info?

jodifla
01-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Last September we had a studio and a 2BR for 10 people - that was for 5 separate addresses from 4 states- I wonder how this will continue with the time required to type all that in by the CM with each reservation like mine. I wonder if this isn't a try at more marketing oportunities. They will now have more names and addresses to send stuff to. They already have a great deal of info in their files. When I modified a reservation for the NYE period and added my granddaughter's name something happened that wiped out my name and put her in with an age of 63 (my age) she's 20. The CM finally just left it that way she said. I thought they only asked for children's ages. When I made the bounce back reservation for Sept. the reservationist started calling up all the names from our September DVC visit of last year which I had to modify as not everyone is going this year.

Totally Big Brother.

calypso*a*go-go
01-10-2007, 10:22 AM
During my two most recent calls to MS I was asked for the names/addresses of occupants of the room and given the explaination:
1st call) for DME
2nd call) to expedite check-in

Haven't read through this whole thread but wonder if the info. is really a way to generate more interest in DVC (ie: sending postcards, etc) than the "Big Brother" scenario.

jodifla
01-10-2007, 10:23 AM
During my two most recent calls to MS I was asked for the names/addresses of occupants of the room and given the explaination:
1st call) for DME

Haven't read through this whole thread but wonder if the info. is really a way to generate more interest in DVC (ie: sending postcards, etc) than the "Big Brother" scenario.

To me, it's the same darn thing. They are just trying to build a data base of names.

gblast123
01-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Venting on this Board may be nice, but I would highly recommend that everyone write a short letter to Disney.

Sometimes, if people are vexed enough AND vocal enough, Disney will do something about it.

I think that their present policy is extra-ordinarily invasive and intrusive.

At the very least, send an email through the DVC member website telling them of your displeasure!!

PS. Does anybody really believe the BS that disney is giving as to Why? We have a saying in New Jersey...you can pee on my head but don't try to convince me that it is just raining!!

Chuck S
01-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Venting
PS. Does anybody really believe the BS that disney is giving as to Why? We have a saying in New Jersey...you can pee on my head but don't try to convince me that it is just raining!!

Well, I certainly see it being to their advantage for tracking DME luggage.

jodifla
01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Venting on this Board may be nice, but I would highly recommend that everyone write a short letter to Disney.

Sometimes, if people are vexed enough AND vocal enough, Disney will do something about it.

I think that their present policy is extra-ordinarily invasive and intrusive.

At the very least, send an email through the DVC member website telling them of your displeasure!!

Good idea, and great saying!

Some people are so gullible.

calypso*a*go-go
01-10-2007, 10:47 AM
And some people are a little too suspicious.

I really don't have a problem with Disney knowing who is occupying the room.

DisneyKidds
01-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Boy, I've never seen so much ado about nothing. And with the conspiracy theories.......whoosh. Hey, what's your take on the second gunman on the grassy knoll? ;)

Why? Well, for a lot of reasons. Before we delve into those, I believe Disney has previously required, for quite some time, info on the party size, including names of guests occupying the rooms and the ages of any children. Also, as for the address requirement....you are only required to provide the addresss of the person whose name the reservation is in, not every individual in the room. Oh, and should you need to make changes or add or subtract people from the party you can do that. So how much has really changed? Not all that much but there is an effect on DVC members reserving rooms for other, but it really is negligable unless someone is involved in shady "commercial" dealings :eek: ;).

But as for those reasons.........

Party size and Names:

Disney needs to know party size and ages for occupancy purposes and issuance of resort ID's. Remember, we are talking about more than a room key here. We're talking ID for EMH and means of room charging. Those Keys to the World are used to open more than just a room door, so Disney needs this info. But again, they have required it for quite a while. Honestly, they've maintained detailed info on us all for quite some time. They've known the names and ages of my kids from since they were born....ok, since their first trip after they were born. Heck, Disney reservations agents often comment on how many times (30+ seperate reservations) we've stayed at Disney.....and that is based only on the WDW Resorts reservations we had booked through 2002, our DVC stays since then not included. Oh, BIG BROTHER has been gathering info for quite a while :hippie:.

As for DVC members renting and providing guests names......we've had to do that for a long time as well. Always, as a matter of fact. Our guests can't check in unless their name is on the reservation. Sure, they ask for that info up front now when they didn't require it in the past, but we always had to provide the info at some point. So, unless someone is making "blind" reservations just to hold a date for future rental what's the big deal?

Addresses:

As it relates to guests of DVC members, whoever said they won't receive anything in the mail is wrong. Disney sends DME luggage tags directly to the travelling party, even if they are guests staying on a DVC member's points. To be honest, I think DME is driving a lot of the address requirement. And again, you only HAVE to provide one address on a reservation, the address of the primary person whose name the reservation is in. So, if you are in a grand villa with a dozen different people from 4 different addresses and YOU are staying with them, the only address that HAS to be on the reservation will be YOURS. Not yours and grandpa Joe's and Auntie M's and and and. Sure, for DME purposes you may WANT to give them such info, but you don't have to.

Honestly, I don't think that much has really changed except for some of the timing, and as someone else stated......there are still ways to get around the "new" requirements if one feels they must.

MdmMim
01-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I really don't have a problem with Disney knowing who is occupying the room.

I totally agree. I don't see a problem with this at all.

Dis13
01-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Perhaps this a way to cut down on speculative renting of prime dates. I recall reading that you could not put your own name on mulitple reservations, since you can't be in two rooms at once. This would prohibit those who reserve 10 studios during Christmas week with plans to rent them out. Although you could use fictious names/addresses, if you are a suspected commercial renter it would make it more obvious and easier for them to track.

On the other hand, maybe they just want to send AKL promo material to our guests! :)

jodifla
01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Boy, I've never seen so much ado about nothing. And with the conspiracy theories.......whoosh. Hey, what's your take on the second gunman on the grassy knoll? ;)

Why? Well, for a lot of reasons. Before we delve into those, I believe Disney has previously required, for quite some time, info on the party size, including names of guests occupying the rooms and the ages of any children. Also, as for the address requirement....you are only required to provide the addresss of the person whose name the reservation is in, not every individual in the room. Oh, and should you need to make changes or add or subtract people from the party you can do that. So how much has really changed? Not all that much but there is an effect on DVC members reserving rooms for other, but it really is negligable unless someone is involved in shady "commercial" dealings :eek: ;).

But as for those reasons.........

Party size and Names:

Disney needs to know party size and ages for occupancy purposes and issuance of resort ID's. Remember, we are talking about more than a room key here. We're talking ID for EMH and means of room charging. Those Keys to the World are used to open more than just a room door, so Disney needs this info. But again, they have required it for quite a while. Honestly, they've maintained detailed info on us all for quite some time. They've known the names and ages of my kids from since they were born....ok, since their first trip after they were born. Heck, Disney reservations agents often comment on how many times (30+ seperate reservations) we've stayed at Disney.....and that is based only on the WDW Resorts reservations we had booked through 2002, our DVC stays since then not included. Oh, BIG BROTHER has been gathering info for quite a while :hippie:.

As for DVC members renting and providing guests names......we've had to do that for a long time as well. Always, as a matter of fact. Our guests can't check in unless their name is on the reservation. Sure, they ask for that info up front now when they didn't require it in the past, but we always had to provide the info at some point. So, unless someone is making "blind" reservations just to hold a date for future rental what's the big deal?

Addresses:

As it relates to guests of DVC members, whoever said they won't receive anything in the mail is wrong. Disney sends DME luggage tags directly to the travelling party, even if they are guests staying on a DVC member's points. To be honest, I think DME is driving a lot of the address requirement. And again, you only HAVE to provide one address on a reservation, the address of the primary person whose name the reservation is in. So, if you are in a grand villa with a dozen different people from 4 different addresses and YOU are staying with them, the only address that HAS to be on the reservation will be YOURS. Not yours and grandpa Joe's and Auntie M's and and and. Sure, for DME purposes you may WANT to give them such info, but you don't have to.

Honestly, I don't think that much has really changed except for some of the timing, and as someone else stated......there are still ways to get around the "new" requirements if one feels they must.

When we go to WDW, we routinely have two or three different set of guests. After the first set, they just give the parking pass and the resort ids to the next set, so WDW never knows.

DisneyKidds
01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
1st call) for DME

....and you know this to be false because?
We have a saying in New Jersey...you can pee on my head but don't try to convince me that it is just raining!!
And I've got another. If it looks like shi.........ah, maybe instead of looking, smelling an tasting like something I better use this version. If it looks like a duck.....and walks like a duck......and quacks like a duck.........well, maybe IT'S A DUCK!!

News flash. Disney sends DME luggage tags directly to the travelling party. YES, even guests staying on a DVC member's points. You have guests staying on your points and they want to use DME you have to give them this info.

News flash. If you have a guests staying on your points, without you, and their name isn't on the reservation they are gonna find themselves sleeping in the cold. We've always had to provide guests info and they DO need it for check in.

Sure, if you have people from four different addresses staying in the same villa I'm sure Disney would love all four addresses for marketing purposes, but for reservation purposes you give them the address of the person or persons whose name the reservation is in. That is enough for them to take the reservation. If you give them additional guests with different last names perhaps they'll ask if there is a different address.....or maybe not.....but if you like just tell them "same address".

IMHO, I think people are making this way too complicated and turning it into something it's not.

calypso*a*go-go
01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
....and you know this to be false because?

jodifla says so! (Sorry Jodi...couldn't resist. :goodvibes )

Seriously, where did I claim it was false? I don't doubt any of the reasons given, but do feel they might be killing two birds with one stone. And, as I stated in the next post -- don't have a problem with it.

DisneyKidds
01-10-2007, 11:18 AM
When we go to WDW, we routinely have two or three different set of guests. After the first set, they just give the parking pass and the resort ids to the next set, so WDW never knows.
Never knows what? Not sure what you are saying. They better know the names and ages, otherwise they won't get ID's. Are you saying that one person checks the group in (I'm assuming all staying in the same villa) and then distributes parking passes and resort ID's to the rest of the group? If so, I don't believe any of that has really changed.

DisneyKidds
01-10-2007, 11:21 AM
jodifla says so! (Sorry Jodi...couldn't resist. :goodvibes )

Seriously, where did I claim it was false? I don't doubt any of the reasons given, but do feel they might be killing two birds with one stone. And, as I stated in the next post -- don't have a problem with it.
Sorry, you just gave me a good lead in and mine was an open ended question for all those people who seem to be doubting the need for Dinsey to get the info and the reasons given. I realize that doesn't include you specifically ;).

calypso*a*go-go
01-10-2007, 11:22 AM
I belive what she is saying is they might check into the resort with four to six people, but after a couple of days, some of them will leave and be replaced with new family members, etc. The people leaving just give their resort I.D./room key to the next group showing up...but they are all still on the same reservation.

DisneyKidds
01-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I belive what she is saying is they might check into the resort with four to six people, but after a couple of days, some of them will leave and be replaced with new family members, etc. The people leaving just give their resort I.D./room key to the next group showing up...but they are all still on the same reservation.
Ok, that makes sense. But again, I don't see how the "changes" that people are upset about will change any of that. In the past they made a reservation for 8 people in a 2 Br villa, gave names and ages of the original 8, an address for the person whose name the reservation was put under, and then moved a couple different bodies in and out. They will do nothing different now. Heck, if they tried to give them 12 different names on a 2 Br reservation they wouldn't get the reservation. If they tried to explain about the differing sets of people they'd probably be told to advise the front desk of those changes when they occur during the stay.......but of course they wouldn't have to, or nobody would know if they didn't. So where is the big change? I guess I'm just not seeing it.

drakethib
01-10-2007, 11:34 AM
I am not sure what the issue is here.

Hey if they want names and drivers licenses of the people in the room they can have it as far as I am concerned.

I have never rented (well may that is a lie) I gave some of our points to my sis in law for $5.00 a point because we were not going to use them. this was almost 2 years ago and I think I remember giving WDW their names as we didn't go on the trip.

LIFERBABE
01-10-2007, 11:34 AM
As it relates to guests of DVC members, whoever said they won't receive anything in the mail is wrong. Disney sends DME luggage tags directly to the travelling party, even if they are guests staying on a DVC member's points.

I said it, and I did not request DME for the guest reservation so in my situation, my guests would not be mailed anything. Not everyone uses or needs DME.
So I guess we are both wrong.:confused:

Deb & Bill
01-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Maybe they want to know who to go after when the room is trashed or not vacated timely.

jodifla: Do you get the dining plan when you go to WDW? It's not transferrable, you know.

Also, should the horrible thing of a fire occur, they would have the names, ages, addresses of the deceased if needed.

I don't have a problem giving Disney the info on the people who stay in my villa. Most likely its just me, my husband and my son.

jodifla
01-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Maybe they want to know who to go after when the room is trashed or not vacated timely.

jodifla: Do you get the dining plan when you go to WDW? It's not transferrable, you know.

Also, should the horrible thing of a fire occur, they would have the names, ages, addresses of the deceased if needed.

I don't have a problem giving Disney the info on the people who stay in my villa. Most likely its just me, my husband and my son.

OK, I'm a bit confused. I read the news in the vacation update to mean that EVERYONE would have to give their address if they are staying in a room, not just the lead person.

Still, there are times I reserve two rooms in advance, and I'm not sure who the second folks joining us will be. So I still don't like the new rule.

Deb & Bill: If you ever check out the restaurant board, you'll know pretty quickly that I think the DDP is causing the downfall of civilization (or at least Disney dining) and i'd never order it.

But yes, we have revolving people in our rooms all the time. When one heads out of town, they just hand over the keys and parking pass to the next folks who are staying with us.

calypso*a*go-go
01-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Jodi...You were correct with your original assumption: MS wants the name/address of everyone occupying the room, not just the person whose name the reservation is under.

jodifla
01-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Jodi...You were correct with your original assumption: MS wants the name/address of everyone occupying the room, not just the person whose name the reservation is under.

OK, I'm back to my original statement: BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

DisneyKidds
01-10-2007, 01:20 PM
OK, I'm a bit confused. I read the news in the vacation update to mean that EVERYONE would have to give their address if they are staying in a room, not just the lead person.
But technically the "lead person" is the Guest you are making the reservation for. There may be other people in that guest's party, for which you will have to provide names and the ages of children, but the Guest you are making the reservation for is the "lead person" whose address you must provide. And this only applies when a member is making a reservation for someone other than themselves. At least that is how I read it. Plus, Just today I made a reservation for a guest. 5 adults in a 2 Br. I gave the name of the person for whom I was making the reservation (we'll call him John Doe) and I had to provide his address. There are 4 other adults in the party. I had to provide their names. There was no requirement that I provide an address for any of these other members of my Guest's party.

If you make a reservation for yourself and you have people other than yourself in the party I don't believe you'll have to provide addresses for every one of those people. This "change" should have no effect on reservations you make for yourself. It doesn't say you have to provide addresses for every occupant of the room, just the address of the Guest you are making the reservation for.......if you are specifically making a reservation in someone's name other than your own.

Now if you have two rooms I don't know what will happen. You obviously can't occupy both rooms, so they may require a different name on the second room, which would require an address. I'm not sure.

DisneyKidds
01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
No, they don't. I just made a reservation for a Guest today and there was no such requirement. We'll call my guest John Doe. His party consists of 4 other adults, let's call them Jane, Jack, John Sr. and Mary. I put the reservation in John Doe's name and provided HIS address, and HIS address only. Then we went on to listing the other mebers of the party. Names only, no question of what their addresses were, no instructions that I must provide an address for any of those other members of the party if their address differed from the Guest whose name I put the reservation in. John Doe is my Guest, the others are simply members of his party and don't count as "Guests" for purposes of this requirement.

Disneyfrek
01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I made 4 reservations today and was told I needed to have the names and addresses before check-in. Check-in's not until the end of June...:rolleyes1 I guess the answer depends on the CM on the phone.

dumbo71
01-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Good luck to all

Was the reservation for you or somebody else? Are you a card carrying member of the rent/trade board here on the Dis?

I don't get what the big deal is.:confused3 I've certainly been outspoken about changes that affect my vacation enjoyment but this uproar seems a little much. How is providing a few names and addresses going to affect you?

Even if it happened when I was renting I wouldn't have cared. I'd simply make the reservation with my name and address if I was pre-booking or use the renters name and address (which you should have) if I was booking for someone else.

Nothing has changed folks. You can always change the name and/or address later.

Remembr to date we've seen no evidence of rental enforcement. This is about DME and marketing not a crack down on renting.

dianeschlicht
01-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Was the reservation for you or somebody else? Are you a card carrying member of the rent/trade board here on the Dis?

I don't get what the big deal is.:confused3 I've certainly been outspoken about changes that affect my vacation enjoyment but this uproar seems a little much. How is providing a few names and addresses going to affect you?

Even if it happened when I was renting I wouldn't have cared. I'd simply make the reservation with my name and address if I was pre-booking or use the renters name and address (which you should have) if I was booking for someone else.

Nothing has changed folks. You can always change the name and/or address later.

Remembr to date we've seen no evidence of rental enforcement. This is about DME and marketing not a crack down on renting.

I totally agree. I was not required to give anything other than my address when I booked for my son's wedding either, and I DID give them the names of everyone and ages of the kids, but even though there were people with different last names from mine, I was not required to give other addresses.