PDA

View Full Version : Questions about DVC

bamamouse
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
DH and I are thinking about joining DVC but have a few questions:

1. We are wanting to buy our points at BWV and have read about people buying BWV points through Disney, paying more than they would on a resell sight. What are the advantages (if any) of buying through Disney as opposed to buying through a retail company?

2. If we decide to go to WDW and have already used our points, do we get discounts at the resorts?

3. I have heard about DVC Homecoming. What exactly is that?

:worship: Roll Tide

June 1991-Offsite (honeymoon)
May 1994- Offsite
April 1999-All Star Music
March 2000-Carribean Beach
March 2001-Carribean Beach
March 2002-Carribean Beach
March 2003-Carribean Beach
June 2003-Carribean Beach
November 2003-Carribean Beach
November 2004-Carribean Beach
November 2006-Boardwalk Villas

Chuck S
01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
1) One advantage is that the points are available right away. With resale you have to wait until after closing for Disney to put you in the computer system.

2) There are no discounts at regular Disney resort for DVC members. There is a 25% discount at DVC resorts booked through Member Services. The discount isn't always available.

3) Basically a get together or meet and greet for DVC members. Often there are some knick-knack type advertising gifts.

browniemtb
01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Also for question #1.....buying through Disney may give you an extra year of points. Where as a resale may have no points available or very few.....all depends on the contract...
Bronwie

bamamouse
01-03-2007, 11:23 AM
About the DVC Homecoming, is there extra hours, dicounted tickets, etc. for DVC members? When does this usually take place?

Chuck S
01-03-2007, 11:44 AM
The only park ticket discount currently available is $100 off adult Annual Passes and $125 off adult Premium APs. Childrens APs have a smaller discount. DVC resort guests use the same Extra Magic Hours as regular Disney resort guests.

wind1
01-03-2007, 12:03 PM
1. I bought BWV at $95 a point through Disney in December. I believe my closing costs were covered (my guide said at most they would be $200 depending on cash versus financing). I was also able to reserve a January trip the same day as my credit card down payment. My "official" closing date is in February.