PDA

View Full Version : About to make 1st ressie as DVC member??

Nicsmom
01-02-2007, 02:28 PM
This Thursday will be my 11 month mark for my first DVC trip. I have a few questions. I am booking a 2 bedroom at the VWL to share with friends who have never been to WDW. The total will be 4 adults, 2 14 yr olds, 2 3 yr olds.1st- Do you think that I will have trouble booking 6 nights (11/29-12/4)? Should I be booking one day at a time? 2nd- What room should I ask for? Are all the 2 bedrooms the same? 3rd - Do I have to pay my annual dues (1/15) before I book my trip? Any thoughts or suggestions would be so appreciated. Thanks!

Deb & Bill
01-02-2007, 02:35 PM
You could go ahead and call MS today and book the first few days. Ask them how it looks for you.

As long as your dues are current, they will allow you to continue booking and not cancel your reservations.

Most all the rooms at VWL have a woods view. A few have a glimpse of the pool and some even a smaller glimpse of the lake through the trees. Just ask for a water view if that is important. Or close to the elevators. Or smoking/non-smoking.

VWL is very nice in late Nov and early Dec. Enjoy your trip.

chainkid
01-02-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure you have to book day by day at the 11 month mark because you aren't booking a view at WLV but it doesn't hurt as this is the most popular time for DVC members. You can ask for non smoking and a location but usually requests are just that requests. You really rely on the luck of the draw. As a rule I've never had a problem booking at my home resort for a specific room type at 11 month. However at BWV you need to book day by day for either standard view or boardwalk view anything. There is usually availability for preferred view without calling day to day.

Granny
01-02-2007, 03:01 PM
2nd- What room should I ask for? Are all the 2 bedrooms the same? As noted, most views are of the woods so room location isn't so important at VWL. Still, with the little ones I'd be inclined to request something close to the elevators. My first request is always non-smoking and location second.

Also, at VWL there are both dedicated 2BR and lock-of 2BR villas. Dedicated will have only one entrance to the villa and will have two queen beds in the second bedroom. The lock-off is really a 1BR and a Studio combined so it will have separate entrances and the second bedroom will have a queen bed and a sofa sleeper in addition to a kitchenette.

Neither set up is intrinsically better, but depending on whether you like the separate access and such one layout might work better for you than the other. We like the dedicated because it has more closet and space in the second bedroom since it doesn't need an entryway.

Nicsmom
01-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for all your help. I decided to call today. I was able to book 3 nights. MS was great. Very polite and knowledgable.

Deb & Bill
01-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks for all your help. I decided to call today. I was able to book 3 nights. MS was great. Very polite and knowledgable.

Well, you are on your way!! Have a great stay. It's a wonderful resort.