PDA

View Full Version : I need quick advice about California Grill - I'm packing today

slo
01-01-2007, 01:39 PM
We are packing today and leaving on Friday.

We are eating at The California Grill on Friday evening, and my DH and I were wondering if there's a dress code.

Can my DH wear nice jeans and his gym shoes or does he have to take dress shoes and nice pants?

Can I wear capris and my white keds, or do I have to wear something really nice also?

Any help from those that know will be appreciated

Thanks!!!! :wave2:

tx2tn
01-01-2007, 01:46 PM
California Grill has a stated dress code, but every time I have been there I have seen people that have "stretched" the code somewhat. I think you guys will be fine. Enjoy the food and atmosphere...you'll love it :thumbsup2

bicker
01-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Capris are absolutely fine, with regard to the stated dress code. Nice "jeans" are within spec, though if denim they might be considered by some to be pretty "close to the line" -- if not demin, they're perfectly fine. Your footwear choices are surely within the spec.

Disney Ron
01-01-2007, 01:52 PM
You are going to get alot of opinions on this. CG is one of my husband and my favorite restaurants. I wear nice capris and sandals. My husband loves to be comfortable, he wears Docker shorts with a golf shirt and sneakers.

There were alot of more casually dressed people than us there. You will see all ends of the spectrum at CG...my suggestion wear what you are most comfortable in!!!!

Enjoy, Hope you made ressie close to wishes and good luck hope you get a window seat! :woohoo:

Food tips- Pork Tenderloin and flatbreads are wonderful:thumbsup2

Mrs. Disney Ron

Cool-Beans
01-01-2007, 01:56 PM
I pulled this off of Allearsnet...

Patricia writes:
Could you please tell us if there is a dress code for any of the restaurants at the Caribbean Beach Resort? Thank you!
[SIZE=3]Hi Patricia!
At Victoria and Albert's (http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_va.htm) at the Grand Floridian, dressing up is the norm, and a jacket is required for men. At many of the other resort hotels' more upscale "Signature" restaurants such as the California Grill (http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_cg.htm) at the Contemporary Resort, or Jiko (http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_jiko.htm) at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, guests are asked to dress in "smart casual" clothing. This means shirts with collars (polo shirts are acceptable), dress shorts or khakis for men and dress shorts, pants or skirts for women. Restaurants located in the parks allow park touring clothing. Shutters (http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_shut.htm), at the Caribbean Beach Resort, is very casual and park-touring clothing is acceptable. However, guests should exercise common courtesy and not arrive for dinner in bathing suits, barefoot or shirtless.
[LEFT] Have a good time...and a great trip!!!

Jrabbit910
01-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi Slo,
When we went my DH wore jeans and a polo (i cant remember what shoes he wore but I can imagine him wearing shoes not sneaks) and I wore capri's w/ a nice top w/ sandles.
Some people were more dressed then others but they didnt turn anyone away. Stay comfy and dont worry about it...

mlill
01-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi! We were just there two weeks ago. When we have dinner at California Grill, we don't go straight from the parks. We like to go back to the room first and freshen up and change into nice slacks and shirts/sweaters. But, like others have said, just go in what you are comfortable in. I've seen people dressed up and others in t-shirts. Have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

Happy New Year!
-Michelle

JD3419
01-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Last time I went with my DW and friends we all got dressed up, but we saw people in there wearing everything from a coat and tie to a jogging suit.

TinksMagic54
01-01-2007, 09:11 PM
We were just at the CG on 12/26. DH work docker type slacks and a nice shirt. DD and I were in black slacks and holiday sweaters....we were among the more "dressed". I believe I saw one other table where people had "dressed" for dinner.

I saw allot of jeans and polo shirts. Women in capris seemed fine. I was surprised at how little people dressed for dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners. However, this didn't keep us from following through with our decisions to dress up a bit for our holiday dinners.

BTW, CG used to be DH's favorite restaurant....and he said this time it has dropped to #2.....he now prefers the Yachtsman Steakhouse as #1 (we did this on Christmas Eve).