PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Dinners

Shane
01-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Hiya Everyone

Not knowing much about restaurants in the Disney area is a shame, I'm hoping to change this on are next trip :thumbsup2

Anywho, after reading and searching through the FAQ's I'm not having much luck:surfweb: Is there any restaurants you would reccomend are a must for newbies? Keeping in mind were staying offsite.

Many Thanks

Shanes :wizard:

Cplofdisneynutz
01-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Is this a family trip or just adults?

GalDisney
01-01-2007, 11:37 AM
This web site has a link to the restaurant menus of WDW. Just scroll to the top of the page and click on dining.

Shane
01-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Just adults.

Thanks GalDisney, although Im really just looking for opinions on peoples faves or what they would reccomend to newbies, oh and we eat anything! :dance3:

bicker
01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I always recommend 50s Prime Time Cafe to new visitors to WDW. It is the quintessential Disney dining experience, mixing both great food and service with a "show" -- putting the diners into the action. It cannot be beat for covering all the bases of what Disney dining has to offer.

Cplofdisneynutz
01-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Just adults.

oh and we eat anything! :dance3:

As Mickey would say "OH BOY!!!"::MickeyMo

IMHO these are a few of our suggestions, we do not have kids (yet) and we plan all our parks around Disney Dining:rotfl2: We love the food and love to eat.:laughing: We even booked an entire trip just because we got a V&A chef's table reservation:cloud9:

Grand Floridian cafe- our traditional 1st breakfast EVERY trip (lunch was good too) Jiko, Citricos, Narcoossee's, Brown Derby, Chef mickeys (fav character meal)and of course last but certainly not least, our all time favorite, Victoria & Albert's (especially if you can get the chefs table). We have eaten there 3 times once in dining room and twice at the chefs table.

There are many others out there that are popular and like we said just our 2 cents. We are sure after our next trip at the end of the month we will add a few more to the list :lmao:

Shane
01-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks for both of your suggestions.

Lol Disneynutz, still finding it funny that you booked a whole trip that stemmed from a booking at V&A's :rotfl2:

Hoping to try as many of these places as mentioned as we normally eat the typical "Fast Food". Just a question question, are guests allowed to eat at resorts or spa's if there staying offsite?

Take Care,

Shane :thumbsup2

lindakmonty
01-02-2007, 10:51 AM
our favorite meal so far is at Le Cellier. Great meal for the price!! we went to Yachtsman, we went to Concourse, Narcoossees...etc and Le Cellier was the best steak:love:and best service for us. CRT was a lot of fun. We had the latest seating to watch Wishes from inside the castle...that was awesome. Ohana was our favorite for overall fun, view, and enjoyment. We were seated for a perfect view of the castle and Wishes:cloud9: ds5 had a blast w/the coconut races, limbo, etc. The food wasn't my favorite. It was good...just not fantastic. Chef Mickeys is a must for a lot of people... we love it but not a must do every trip. we've done the V&A and it was very nice. ds5 loved Donalds breakfastosaurus... the characters were great and we didn't realize the wait staff were part of show too...very comical and a great time.
I figure out what parks we're going to be at on what day and plan our adr's from there... California Grill is also another very popular place to check out.

The Sweetness
01-02-2007, 11:10 AM
You can make a PS to dine at any resort's restaurant. I am going to suggest, that if you want to economize, you may want to consider lunch/ snack in the parks, with an early (pref big) breakfast before, and a possibly late dinner after the parks. That may not mean *fine dining* at 10:00 after a long day in the MK and Wishes, but that would be up to you. Try doing a search for the orlando area's tourist welcome center's home page. Also possibly a link to local newspapers. These could have reviews of local and likely more affordable dining options (also possibly less noisy than Chef Mickey's (which I love) at the end of the day. There are several local dinner shows such as Arabian Nights, and Mideavil Times. Just do a bit of research, And you will have a wonderfull time. One of my fav meals on my last Orlando vaca (non WDW, we went to USF and SW for 6 days) was a restaurant called Wild Jack's (I think) It was delish! Steaks, chops, etc... Not cheap, but not rowdy like WDW either, which was a nice change of pace. Happy planning:cool1:

hmillerbarilla
01-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I agree-I think 50's primetime is a great idea for new disney visitors. You WILL have a blast. I also think going to O'hana would be great-then you would get an idea of a fabulous disney deluxe resort. And, it is a good meal! LeCellier is superb--it was one of our favorite meals this past fall. If you do like fast food--try the different places in world showcase. The cantina in mexico is one of our favorites. Have fun!

Cplofdisneynutz
01-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Lol Disneynutz, still finding it funny that you booked a whole trip that stemmed from a booking at V&A's :rotfl2:

Oh yea, it was a great 3 day trip (at easter no doubt) and our 2nd chef's table in 6 months
:wizard: The idea seemed crazy, but we just couldn't resist especially since it was DW birthday!! and we would do it again in a heartbeat:laughing:

Shane
01-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Oh yea, it was a great 3 day trip (at easter no doubt) and our 2nd chef's table in 6 months
:wizard: The idea seemed crazy, but we just couldn't resist especially since it was DW birthday!! and we would do it again in a heartbeat:laughing:

Aww thats great :wizard:

Have been browsing Disneys website regarding these restraurants. It seems alot of them require smart clothing, whats fine but are they extremely fussy, or is it basically "Dont turn up scruffy"?

Also, is there a number to book, cant find one for any

Take Care :yay:

The Sweetness
01-03-2007, 06:49 AM
You can go into *most* restaurants in your park attire. There are a hanfull of fancier places that require **business casual** attire, and only V/A requires a really fancy outfit;) I called 407-wdw-dine to reserve my dining times 180 days before my trip. I know there is a toll free 800#, but I dont know what it is. Someone here will know:thumbsup2

Cplofdisneynutz
01-03-2007, 07:19 AM
The # to make advance dining reservations is 407-wdw-dine, most restaurants you can make 180 days out. we recommend the http://www.passporter.com It's a great book and travel journal and we get one for every trip.

hope that helps:goodvibes

Shane
01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Wow 180 days in advance, do you think its too late for a booking at a quite time such as February? :confused3

Cplofdisneynutz
01-03-2007, 09:24 PM
no you should be fine. We booked our Jan 25th trip on new years eve and made our ADR's on New years day, we got everything we wanted for the times we wanted. I would go ahead and call soon though just to be safe, you can always cancel if your plans change.