PDA

View Full Version : dining offsite near downtown/goodings area

jl
01-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Are there TGIF, Red Lobster, etc., downtown near the Goodings grocery store? thanks!:)

OKW Lover
01-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Yes, just about any family dining place you can think of is in that area.

kespo
01-01-2007, 11:20 AM
You might want to try the town Celebration. They have a cafe there where you can eat inside or out overlooking the water. Great Burgers and not bad prices!!!! It is about a 5 minute drive. There are other places there to eat as well and small shops. We love to go there. It was originally owned by disney but I think(not sure)they sold the "town" to someone else. Still is a nice break from Disney food.

Cool-Beans
01-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Yes, there is a Fridays in the same parking lot with Goodings.

You can hit just about every chain restaurant in the world by swinging a cat, too. :)

fla4fun
01-01-2007, 02:40 PM
In the Crossroads center with Goodings is TGIFridays, Pizzaria Uno, McDonalds, Chevy's Fresh Tex Mex, and Jungle Jims. If you turn left (as you exit DTD), there's an Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, a couple of Chinese restaurants, Romano's Macaroni Grill, Chili's, Burger King, Miami Subs, and Giordano's Pizza, just to name a few. I used to work in that area and we never had a shortage of good lunch spots. Chevy's is my personal favorite of the group, but there's quite a variety.

DonnaL
01-01-2007, 02:58 PM
If you head the other way from Goodings (under the I-4 overpass) on the corner of Apopka-Vineland and Vineland there's also a Bahama Breeze (also owned by the Darden Group which operates Olive Garden, Red Lobster and Smokey Bones) . Nice place....extensive menu and seems like a lot of locals frequent the place. Also, in the other direction (same vicinity as Olive Garden) is the Orlando Ale House.....haven't been there in about 18 months....last time it was good though....a lot of locals here too. I also second going over to Celebration (on the other side of 192 from WDW) if you have transportation. We've had meals at both Market Street Cafe and Celebration Town Tavern. Both were very good. I think next trip we may try Cafe D'Antonio. I believe they all have websites......just google them and see what you get.

JD3419
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
If you want an authentic Chicago style pizza you should try Giordano's