PDA

View Full Version : We Don't Want to Eat at MK...so where should we eat?

ColleenS
12-31-2006, 11:37 PM
We're going to be spending the morning at MK and would like to eat somewhere nearby for dinner. We'll have a car, but is there anywhere we could take the monorail? We plan on going back to the park for Spectro /Wishes.

Should we do WCC this day. Is it close to MK? Any other suggestions? We'd rather not do buffet.:)

GalDisney
12-31-2006, 11:41 PM
if you want wcc, you can take the bus from the mk to the wl or take the boat from mk to wl. or u can take the monorail to the grand floridian cafe at the gf or walk to the contemp for lunch or dinner at the concourse steakhouse.

MagicMe
12-31-2006, 11:55 PM
You can take the monorail to any of the MK resorts and have dinner at a number of excellent restaurants. The Contemporary has Chef Mickey (if you want to dine with characters), Concourse Steakhouse and California Grill. The Polynesian has O'Hanas and the Kona Cafe. All of these are great. I am not familiar with the restaurants at the Grand Floridian but I've heard great things about them. All of these can be reached by just hopping on the resort monorail and then back to MK for the fireworks!!

Whatever you choose, hope you have a great time!

Tam1067
01-01-2007, 12:20 AM
The easiest places to go are on the monorail line, which would be anything at the Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Flordian. There are lots of choices there, including Chef Mickey's (buffet with characters), Kona, 'Ohana, and more. WCC is not the best option for food, and getting there is a slower process because you need to take the boat over to the WL. You should go to www.allearsnet.com and check out the menus for the restaurants at the nearby hotels and choose one that sounds good to you.

erikthewise
01-01-2007, 07:41 AM
When we don't want to eat at MK, we eat at Kona Cafe in the Polynesian. Better food and better value than anyplace at MK, or just about anyplace else.

MJMcBride
01-01-2007, 07:46 AM
I would go 'ohana or kona at the Poly. Give yourself a couple of hours at least

Cool-Beans
01-01-2007, 08:23 AM
You can monorail to the Contemporary, Polynesian, or Grand Floridian.

You can boat over to the Wilderness Lodge for Whispering Canyon.

Restaurants in the hotels (as well as menus) can be found here: http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#res

If I wanted to sit down, no buffet, I'd go to the Grand Floridian Cafe. Kona Cafe at the Poly would be my second choice.

Cindy's Mom
01-01-2007, 09:35 AM
I would take the boat to WL for dining at the WCC.

Soubrette
01-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I think taking the boat from MK to WL or FW is so much fun, and a really relaxing break from the park. FW has both the Hoop De Doo (an attraction in its own right) and the Trails' End Buffet (regularly cited for its good food and reasonable price. Lots of people rave about WCC at WL, but I'd rather spend a little more for Artist Point- great food and service, lovely wine list.

jimmytammy
01-01-2007, 09:52 AM
I would opt for Ohana at the Poly. We have never eaten at Kona Cafe but it seems to get good reviews. WCC has been good in the past IMO, but we were there a few weeks ago, ate there twice, and both times the food wasnt as good as usual.

Super 27
01-01-2007, 11:38 AM
I would recommend Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. It's easy to get to, relatively quick, and good food and service.

erikthewise
01-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Just for the record you can boat from MK to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian too. There are small shuttle boats that run in a triangle; I think it's MK-GF-PR-MK.

irisbud
01-01-2007, 01:59 PM
When we don't want to eat at MK, we eat at Kona Cafe in the Polynesian. Better food and better value than anyplace at MK, or just about anyplace else.

::yes::

ColleenS
01-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. We're thinking the Concourse steakhouse or maybe WCC.

How long would it take us to take the boat to the WL? Just a general idea would be great. Does the boat leave all the time or ever X number of minutes?
How long would it take us once we leave MK to arrive at WCC taking the ferry?

Disney Ron
01-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Go to Kona at the Poly, GREAT food:jumping1:

eeyore81
01-01-2007, 04:03 PM
We ate at Concourse in August and it was fantastic. We needed to change our dinner reservation to a later time and the Concourse was about the only restaurant with availabilities. We were suprised how good the food was and the service was great. Its easy to get to from MK too. We also ate at WCC about a year ago and vowed never to go back. Food was not good and it took a very long time. My vote would be for Concourse.

hockeybabe
01-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. We're thinking the Concourse steakhouse or maybe WCC.

How long would it take us to take the boat to the WL? Just a general idea would be great. Does the boat leave all the time or ever X number of minutes?
How long would it take us once we leave MK to arrive at WCC taking the ferry?

About 20 minutes once the boat leaves the dock. They usually have 2 running, so a boat arrives about every 20 minutes. Someone else may have exact times for you, but that's a pretty good estimate. If you are looking to take a break from the parks and get a good meal, WCC is a great choice. You can hang out in the awsome lobby while you wait for your ADR time if you get there before they are ready for you. Enjoy!:goodvibes

byoung
01-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Kona at the Poly is good.