PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst Counter Service

Fabooliss
12-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Just realized that while my ADR's are booked and I know exactly when/where I'm eating my TS meals, I haven't the foggiest what we are doing for counter service.
So... recommendations please? We'll be 3 days in MK, one in MGM, one in Epcot and one in AK. We're on the dining plan, but need one day of counter service OOP anyway.

What is a MUST eat and what is a should avoid.

mandy200587
12-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Columbia Harbor House is a must eat at MK.

I love backlot at MGM

Eventer98
12-31-2006, 04:42 PM
We love TSPP at MGM..great pizza and the meals are reasonably priced. At MK we ate at Casey's twice. Another good value and the hot dogs are huge. All food was tasty as well! :goodvibes

daisyduck123
12-31-2006, 04:45 PM
AK -- Flame Tree Barbecue (this was DH's favorite)

MGM -- Toy Story Pizza Planet (my kids love this!!)

puddleduck
12-31-2006, 05:01 PM
MK-Colombia Harbor House and Pecos Bill
Epcot-UK for fish and chips Sunshine seasons for a WIDE variety of food
AK-Flame Tree or Tusker House

wdwdancerwannabe
12-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Tusker House at AK is good.

Cosmic Rays at MK

Sunshine Seasons at Epcot --- unless you want to eat in the World Gate somwhere. Most of the "worlds" have their own CS's...but none were in the AC that I could tell. Sunshine Seasons is in the AC

TigerKat
12-31-2006, 05:29 PM
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons rotisserie chicken flatbread is awesome and they have a wide variety of food to choose from.

MGM - Backlot express has a really good grilled turkey and cheese sandwich with arugula and roasted red peppers. ABC Commissary is terrible.

AK - Tusker House or Flame Tree.

MK - we wanted to go to CHH but when the hunger bug struck, unfortunately, we were near Cosmic Ray's - average at best.

hmp2z
12-31-2006, 05:37 PM
We really enjoy Tusker House at AK.
Cheers!
Heather W

mom2my3kids
12-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Worst-Tusker House/ Animal Kingdom
Best-Pecos Bill's/Magic Kingdom

Corwin12
12-31-2006, 06:39 PM
I hated every counter service restaurant I have ever been to (and I have been to alot) except WPE and the one in Morocco in Epot. I find the food to be kinda poor quality and the service abymal. Funny, the grumpiest CMs I run into work at the CS restaurants and the nicest work for transportation.

bunnysmum
12-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Oh, yes, PLEASE avoid ABC Commissary at MGM (yuk!). The only good thing I ate there was the ice cream bar I had for dessert.:sad2:

Good CS: We *liked* Cosmic Ray's (rotisserie chicken).

maggs
12-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Best - Seasons at Epcot and Tusker House in AK
Worst - an outright winner here for me Im afraid - Becahes and Cream:eek: Tangerine Cafe comes in a close second

Maggs

arizonacolbys
12-31-2006, 07:50 PM
MK - our favorite is Columbia Harbor House - we've eaten there twice on our last 2 trips. Cosmic Ray's & Pecos Bill's were also pretty good.

Epcot - our favorite is Cantina de San Angel in Mexico - we always eat there a couple times every trip - it is nice to eat by the lake. We also enjoyed Sunshine Seasons in Future World when we were trying to get out of the rain - we'll be returning there again this trip since we enjoyed it so much. :)

AK - Flame Tree BBQ is delicious!! We also enjoyed Tusker House for Breakfast & have heard a lot of good things about it for lunch/dinner.

MGM - Stay away from ABC Commissary!!! It's been awful every time we've gone & we won't be returning. This is our worst park for counter service...

Fionasmommy
12-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Best: Flame Tree and Tusker House in AK are both great. We also like Cosmic Rays in MK because it offered some variety.

Worst: ABC Commissary was one I remember, and I agree with the previous poster that said only the dessert was good! ;) I really didn't like resort CS food. We had it at POFQ and CBR and I swear it tasted the same, like it all comes from one main place. Actually, just about all the CS meals we had in the World seemed the same, like they just give the meals different names. It's when you found something unusual, like the BBQ at Flame Tree, that's when it seemed to be a bit better.

Corwin12
01-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Best: Flame Tree and Tusker House in AK are both great. We also like Cosmic Rays in MK because it offered some variety.

Worst: ABC Commissary was one I remember, and I agree with the previous poster that said only the dessert was good! ;) I really didn't like resort CS food. We had it at POFQ and CBR and I swear it tasted the same, like it all comes from one main place. Actually, just about all the CS meals we had in the World seemed the same, like they just give the meals different names. It's when you found something unusual, like the BBQ at Flame Tree, that's when it seemed to be a bit better.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I picture some main kitchen underground where CMs are opening up huge white cans with black letters that say stuff like,"MEAT" and "EGG PRODUCT." :rotfl:

Cool-Beans
01-01-2007, 06:35 AM
My favorites:

MK: Pecos Bill's (Cosmic Ray's fine, too.)

Epcot: Mexico (Cantina de San Angel) or Morrocco (Tangerine Cafe)
Don't care for the Electric Umbrella at all.

MGM: Whatever. One is as good (or bad) as the other. While I don't think either are all that bad, they aren't all that good. I generally sit down or go somewhere else on MGM days.

AK: Tusker House (my favorite CS meal in WDW) for breakfast, Flame Tree for Lunch.

Downtown Disney: Earl of Sandwich

Pooh Bear Hugs
01-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Best has to be flame tree, can't think of a worst.

MJMcBride
01-01-2007, 07:42 AM
The best is Flame Tree BBQ is my mind. My kids would tell you Cosmic Rays with its entertainer Sunny Eclipse. I also like the Cantina in Mexico. For CS at MGM, bring an sandwich

lindsey
01-01-2007, 05:28 PM
re: MGM - Also agree with others on ABC Commissary. Service is always slow and food is generally so-so. Found the fast food served on the way to R&R and TOT usually good.

Jrabbit910
01-01-2007, 05:46 PM
in our opinions: one of the best cs meals-
Epcot- Mexico & Germany...havent had a bad cs at epcot yet and I hope it stays that way - :yay:
MGM- best- toy story pizza - worst- abc... :scared:
Mk- best- pecos - worst- Cosmic Rays (:scared1: )
Ak- best- flametree bbq:dance3:

Missec
01-01-2007, 06:31 PM
MK - Cosmic Rays - Large resturant, 3 sides to choose from, Soup & Salads, Hamburgers & hot dogs, Rotisery Chicken
Peco's Bills - Hambugers - I helped open that resturant up. :)

Epcot - Electric Umbrella - Grilled Chicken, Hamburgers and Hot dogs.
- anywhere around the world.

AK - Didnt really like any there. (I am a picky eater)

Just remember, eat at off times will save you time and frustrations.

maxiesmom
01-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Avoid, avoid, avoid, the ABC Comissary in MGM. We tried to eat there for breakfast, and I threw most of mine out. Pretty bad when they can't even make ready to serve food edible.

I like Pecos Bills in the MK for hamburgers, and the Yorkshire Fish and Chip house in Epcot for fish and chips!

G's mommy
01-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I totally agree, ABC is the absolute pits! It is by far the worst food at WDW.

SnwflkCts
01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I agree with CHH at MK. Didn't eat CS at MGM. Also agree with either Tusker House or Flametree at AK - they are both good.

At Epcot, we really liked Electric Umbrella. It may not show on anyone else's listing but we liked the Chicken Tenders! I would get some honey mustard salad dressing and we dipped them in that. The french fries were just ok but the fruit salad was good. Plenty of tables to sit and eat out of the weather. It hit the spot. We ate there THREE times so must have liked it. :)

teacher31
01-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Best: Tangerine Cafe in Epcot; Tusker House in AK

Worst: Fish n Chips place in Epcot

aubriee
01-03-2007, 05:47 AM
Best:
MK: Columbia Harbour House, but Pecos Bill's, Casey's, and Cosmic Rays are OK too.
AK: Flame Tree
MGM: Backlot Express
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, La Kringla bakery in Norway, Tangerine Cafe in Morroco

Worst:
MK: Pinnochio Haus
AK: the Pizza place
MGM: ABC Commissary (we've left our food twice--YUCK!!)
Epcot: Electric Umbrella (OK, just better food elsewhere)

For the OOP CS I'd eat at Casey's in MK--cheapest CS at WDW, but good

SnowWitch
01-03-2007, 07:26 AM
MK- Columbia Harbour & Caseys are good but not great.

Epcot- We enjoy UK's fish & chips, France & Norway are also good choices.

MGM- we avoid CS here.

AK- We love Tusker for breakfast & lunch. We plan on trying Flame this summer based on all the good reviews.

DD- We love Wolfgang Express for the chicken & garlic masshed potatoes.

We have found it challenging at times to find good CS.

Todd&Copper
01-03-2007, 07:26 AM
AK - loved Flame Tree (didn't go anywhere else, but heard only good things about Tusker House as well)

MGM - I think we ate at Flatbread something-or-other and it was alright. DIdn't make me sick, but not memorable, either (obviously, since I cannot remember the name)

MK - really liked Pecos Bill. I didn't like Casey's, but I am kind of fussy when it comes to hot dogs.

Epcot - love Germany, Morocco, Japan and UK. China was alright as well. I avoid America.

mom2taylorandemily
01-03-2007, 07:34 AM
MK: We just love Cosmic Rays, there is something for everyone!!!
MGM: The Catering Company is gone and replaced with Flatbread Grill and it was pretty good.
EP: We had TS here, so sorry no help.
AK: We ate at Tusker House and it was ok.

Fabooliss
01-05-2007, 06:17 AM
These are great! There definitely seems to be a trend forming...
Anyone else want to weigh in?

Laura
01-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Columbia Harbour House, Main Street Bakery, Tangierine Cafe, Kringla Bakeri, Sunshine Seasons, and Tusker House were all very good

Cruz Family
01-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Our Favorites
Pecos Bill (MK)
Tangierine Cafe (Epcot)
Earl of Sand. (DTD)

Least Favorites
Electric Umbrella (Epcot)
Just about everywhere @ MGM

Fabooliss
01-07-2007, 02:05 PM
So if we were going to eat Counter Service twice on a MK day, what would you do? Leave for one???

photobob
01-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Have Columbia harbor house for one and cosmic rays for the other..

ChipNDale
01-07-2007, 03:31 PM
MK -- Cloumbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays are two of my favorites that are good

AK -- Tusker house then Flame Tree Both are good but think that Tusker house wins by a little.

mgm -- Backlot has been ok we did not like the Toy Story Pizza Parlor

epcot -- Electric Unbrella and Liberty Inn America have been too favs depending on where in the park we were.

Glad to see your on the dining plan i dont think i would ever go with out it. Have been tree times since the dining plan came out and loved it every time. I hope they offer free dining again this fall so we can go back. But the plan is worth every cent. But if its free we hope to make a 13 or 14 night trip! Yeah!!!!

ChipNDale
01-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Our Favorites
Pecos Bill (MK)
Tangierine Cafe (Epcot)
Earl of Sand. (DTD)

Least Favorites
Electric Umbrella (Epcot)
Just about everywhere @ MGM

I have to agree on the point about everywhere not good at mgm, we try and make mgm a before lunch or after lunch park just becuase the food is only ok to ok-

TMTIP
01-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh, yes, PLEASE avoid ABC Commissary at MGM (yuk!). The only good thing I ate there was the ice cream bar I had for dessert.:sad2:

Good CS: We *liked* Cosmic Ray's (rotisserie chicken).

I TOTALLY agree!

HOGFAN
01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
worst-counter service at China.:scared:

wilderness01
01-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Worst counter service is at Mexico.

Soccer Princess
01-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Best:
AK-Flame Tree
MGM-Backlot I guess. Rosies/Eddie's by RnR weren't really bad, just avg. food
MK-Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Rays
Ep-Norway, Sunshine Seasons, DH likes Cantina in Mexico

Worst:
AK-McDonalds in Dinoland
MGM-ABC
MK- Can't really think of a BAD place
Ep-Electric Umbrella

WDWRULZ
01-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Ditto on Pecos Bills. It was great.

LaraK
01-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't know if this counts, but we LOVE the cream cheese pretzels for breakfast right outside of Ariel's Grotto for breakfast. We also like to watch the Small World boats at the Pinnochio Haus...after all, a burger is a burger (although DH and I prefer getting the soup at Columbia House). We plan to stay away from the CS places this trip due to DS's bizzarre food allergies.

missycj96
01-07-2007, 10:48 PM
CS Recommendations:

AK - Tusker House (salmon is a great meal) or flame tree barbeque (yum).

MGM - no recs but ABC Commissary is plain BAD. The chicken curry sounded interesting but was the worst thing I ate in a 10 day stay there. Deserts were gross weird parfaits. AVOID (unless you don't care about the food and really want the air conditioning).

MK - Columbia Harbor House (CS isn't that exciting at the MK). But the snacks can't be beat so maybe you can snack for lunch - strawberry shortcake at the Main Street Bakery and BEST - Pineapple float dole whip in adventureland.

EPCOT - the Land Pavilion is great; Morocco's CS restaurant.

Other good CS - breakfast at the Pepper Market - yummy omelettes and cappucino.

Fionasmommy
01-07-2007, 11:33 PM
But the snacks can't be beat so maybe you can snack for lunch - strawberry shortcake at the Main Street Bakery.

Hang on... Did somebody say strawberry shortcake?! :hyper: There's strawberry shortcake at the MK and I didn't know it?!

Good grief, now I wonder what else I've been missing! :rolleyes:

S.Poppins
01-08-2007, 12:45 AM
After taking our youth to Universal during Thanksgiving - believe me the CS at WDW is like 10x better. We found one good CS at Universal - the rest were horrible. Disney has pretty good CSs.
The only 2 we did not enjoy were the Electric Umbrella at Epcot and ABC Commissary (ABC was a rookie, pre-Dis mistake). This year I want to eat in the World Showcase as much as possible. We will also be eating at Flame Tree, Cosmic Rays, Earl of Sandwich (or possible Cooks of Dublin), and Flatbread Studios.

mamaprincess
01-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Wolfgang Pucks, Tusker House, Mainstreet Bakery, Earl of Sandwich and Sunshine Seasons are all quite good.

TaraPA
01-08-2007, 09:07 AM
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
MK - Pecos Bill Cafe
MGM - ABC Commissary
Epcot - haven't had a great CS there yet!

Tink3Belle
01-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I liked wolfgang puck express.
Hated Cosmic Rays.

TaraPA
01-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I liked wolfgang puck express.
Hated Cosmic Rays.

Another thumbs down for Cosmic Rays. We got the ribs which were inedible - was more like a plate of greasy fat & bones mixed with BBQ sauce!

MICKEEP
01-09-2007, 06:23 AM
I was so looking forward to eating at the Noodle Station, but when we tried it last week I thought it was the worst CS we had ever had, very disapointing. :mad: