PDA

View Full Version : Concourse steak vs. Yachtsman steak?

musicmom3
12-31-2006, 03:51 PM
I just compared prices between the Concourse Steakhouse at the CR and the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC. Yachtsman is much pricier. If we are after a good steak, can we get that at Concourse, or is the Yachtsman worth the extra money? The Yachtsman looks lovely from the pictures and I can see that the Concourse does not seem to have the same upscale atmosphere. I was more curious about the quality of food in this decison, not the atmosphere, so any opinions about that would help. Thanks!

kimis
12-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Well we have never eaten at the Concourse but I can tell you Yatchsman is fantastic!!!! We loved it. We eat there every time now. It is well worth the 2 dinner points on the dining plan. Enjoy

Ms.Mouse
12-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Yachtsman is wonderful. We had great service and a fantastic meal.

OKW Lover
12-31-2006, 04:44 PM
We've done both and prefer the Yachtsman. Not that the Contemporary is bad - you'll get a very good steak there - its just that we like the atmosphere, menu and service at Yachtsman. If you go to the Yachtsman, request Oscar as you server.

safetymom
12-31-2006, 05:07 PM
I have eaten at both and think Yachtsman is better. The food was good at both but I would give a slight edge to Yachtsman.

merryweather30
12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
We really liked Concourse.

puddleduck
12-31-2006, 06:21 PM
We ate at the Yachtsman and it was good but I actually like the steak at the Cinderella's Castle better. It wasn't bad by any stretch but Le Cellier was incredible and for one TS is IMO just as good and you can eat there twice. Also Schule's is one of the top five steak houses in Florida and is located in the Swan and Dolphin. Not on the dining plan though.

SUSIEQ
12-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Yachtsman is wonderful. We had great service and a fantastic meal.

Same here! You can't go wrong with the Yachtsman!:thumbsup2

byoung
12-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Concourse steak and it's only one credit.

Rafikifan
12-31-2006, 11:02 PM
Another vote for the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We've been there 4 times, Concourse once (last June) and YS is pricier but worth it IMO.

CoolDisneyCat
01-01-2007, 02:03 AM
We have been to the Yachtsman over a dozen times and have had wonderful meals each time.

ely3857
01-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Only been to Concourse Steakhouse but we were both very happy with our meals. I had the fillet & DH had the New York strip.

:)

Jodie

musicmom3
01-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Thank you for all the wonderful information! Can you believe it, we are actually considering trying both! And we did not even know about Shula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin! That will be for another trip.

Nancyg56
01-01-2007, 11:01 AM
We had dinner at both and my family much preferred the YSH. I had CSH on our list for January and they all requested that I remove it. I think that in the end it all comes down to a personal preference. If you are budgeting your credits the CS is good, but I think the atmosphere at the YSH is much nicer.