PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace - Ohana - Chef Mickey's

disneyfav4ever
12-31-2006, 02:32 PM
If you had to choose between Crystal Palace, Ohana, or Chef Mickey's for dinner, which would you pick? It'll be me, and one other person. I've been to Ohana before for dinner, and liked it, I've been to CP for breakfast but not for dinner, though I loved the breakfast, and I've never been to Chef Mickey's. My dining companion has never been to any of them.

jtlover
12-31-2006, 02:42 PM
I would say Ohanas and then go out and watch the fireworks afterwards

Pumbaa_
12-31-2006, 03:41 PM
I am not a fan of 'Ohana. We ate their in Sept and my DH will not go back. The sausage was icky, the shrimp were mealy and just not worth the $$.

We do enjoy CP but haven't done CM. If you have done 'Ohana, try one of the others. New is always fun!

momandseandodisney
12-31-2006, 03:43 PM
personally I would go for crystal palce, nice setting

Tam1067
12-31-2006, 03:55 PM
We had dinner at all three places on our most recent trip in July. Our favorite by far was 'Ohana. The other two were certainly decent, but unless you're going for characters, I'd do 'Ohana, hands down. My husband still talks about it (he loved the food) and we'll be returning there this July as well.

huntconn
12-31-2006, 04:42 PM
'Ohana without question. You'd better like grilled meat though! After dinner take a walk around the Poly's torchlit grounds. Watch the fireworks from the beach or the pool area. The other two restaurants are nice but unless you have small kids with you, I would skip them. Both are great with kids though due to the character interaction.

Daggett
12-31-2006, 04:50 PM
'Ohana, hands down.

Chef Mickey's is kinda the standard buffet fare. It use to be awesome when it was a steak house at DTD, were the Rainforest is now, but now it's just kinda blah. Not good. Not bad.

Chrystal Palace is a beatiful restaraunt. Eeyore scared the (well you know) out of me last time I was there by sneaking up behind me. I looked up and this sad gray mule was looking down at me!!!

M-I-C-K-E-Y
12-31-2006, 05:56 PM
They're all solid choices, but Ohana is always a must-do!

ransom
12-31-2006, 08:11 PM
'Ohana, definitely. Crystal Palace is absolutely wonderful for breakfast, but I'd rather have dinner at 'Ohana.

DreaminDisney
12-31-2006, 08:33 PM
We've been to all 3 and like them in this order:
1) 'Ohana
2) Crystal Palace
3) Chef Mickey's

byoung
12-31-2006, 09:43 PM
We love it at CP.

Love2BinDisney
01-01-2007, 12:00 PM
We give a solid vote for Ohana's however we have only done breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We have done dinner at CP and I would pick Ohana's over it...even with a 5 year old!

nateryan
01-01-2007, 05:11 PM
It's a tie between 'Ohana's and Chef Mickey's. I love 'Ohana's for the setting and the food is very good. Chef Mickey's is good too because of the characters...the only things that I get from the CM buffet is the beef from the carving board and the Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, omg! I did not care for the dinner at CP.

HSMndLKfan92
01-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Crystal Palace for dinner.

hmillerbarilla
01-02-2007, 11:49 PM
If you're looking for characters go for Chef Mickey's. We love it! I really like O'hana as well, but there aren't characters at dinner. But the atmosphere is great. and so is the food! Personally, I like Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We do it every trip.

Tammylynn
01-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I just got an ADR for Ohana for 6:50pm our first day at Disney!
I didn't tell the bf that its all you can eat, so I know he'll be pleased :bounce: .

I had hoped to get reservations closer to the fireworks so we could spend more time in the park (no hopper tickets, therefore we get only one day in each park), but I think this will be an awesome time.

Question for those who have been there before: Does the fireworks music play inside the restaurant? This will be our only chance to watch this display, so I don't want us to miss it!

Thanks!

pilferk
01-03-2007, 12:42 PM
If your dining companion is 10 or under (or, a child at heart), go with Chef Mickey's. The character interaction outweighs the "average" quality of the food.

If your dining compainion is over 10, or likes to engage in adult conversation on any level during dinner...go with Ohana's. I wouldn't exactly label the place "subdued", but it's a bit quieter than CP or Chef Mickey's...and you can get a glass of wine or a beer with dinner (something you can't do at CP).

Which isn't to say I don't like CP. I do. We eat there once every trip. But the character interaction isn't as good as CM has been, for us, and the food isn't much better (if it's better at all) either. It has the sole distinction, however, of actually being IN the MK.... which makes it worth a visit all on it's own.

MickeyMaz
01-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Ohana's for all of the above. Good Food, Entertainment, Fireworks, the Polynesian.

Enjoy.

Maz:3dglasses

arachal
01-04-2007, 02:02 AM
We've been to all 3 and like them in this order:
1) 'Ohana
2) Crystal Palace
3) Chef Mickey's

Our family would agree with the order of your restaurants! Ohana's food is the best tasting, Crystal Palace has Winnie the Pooh and friends, Chef Mickey's food is not that great but Mickey is there!