PDA

View Full Version : Picky eater...no not my kid, my hubby!!!

kcork1026
12-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Happy New Year to all of you!

I have a question for any Le Celler diners out there. We are returning to WDW in June, and are traveling with another family. My problem is my hubby is an EXTREMELY picky eater. Does anyone know if you can get a hamburger at dinner? Yes I know, what a hamburger....I said he was picky!

p2oh
12-31-2006, 03:01 PM
I am probably the pickiest person on the planet and LeCellier is my favorite restaurant. I get the maple steak and it is to die for. The mashed potatoes are great too. I don't know if they have burgers or not. Sorry.

ncbyrne
12-31-2006, 03:36 PM
I checked the menu on allears - it lists a hamburger on the luncheon menu, but not for dinner. I'm sure you could ask for it and it would be accomodated since they would have it in the kitchen.

krissyh
12-31-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm picky (and have some food allergies to add to the issue) and I LOVE Le Cellier!
I'm sure they could make the hamburger but does he eat steak? I am a meat and potatoes girl. And by potatoes, I mean - Baked, Mashed, FF and boxed scalloped/au gratin. No sour cream, no garlic in the mashed - totally boring eater.
This is what I get at Le Cellier:
NYS Steak without the Veal demi glace (not a problem at all) and the Yukon Gold Roasted Potatoes. Yummy.
Great steak and it was cooked to the Medium-Well that I requested.

A hint:
Check the children's menus. I had steak every night on my last trip (DDP) and at most places, I had to ask to "hold" something. If he doesn't like the sides, see what is on the childrens menu. The new meny has severely limited the choices but you'll usually find fries or mashed potatoes.
Good luck - I've always found somthing that I not only could eat, but wanted to.

Cool-Beans
01-01-2007, 08:02 AM
I don't remember if it was on the menu or not, but I got a burger at dinner. :) (Don't like steak.)

erikthewise
01-01-2007, 08:51 AM
That is ironic, since many of those eating at LeCellier are there BECAUSE they are picky eaters, and don't want anything to do with the ethnic food at the other WS restaurants!

Chances are you can get a burger at LeCellier, but if not:
-- there is a "Refreshment Port" just a few steps from LeCellier in the direction of Future World, which is a thinly disguised McDonalds. It offers chicken nuggets and fries, but sadly not burgers. :sad1:
-- you can get fast food burgers at the Liberty Inn (American pavilion), or the Electric Umbrella (Future World next to Innoventions East)
-- you can go out the International Gate and get a burger at ESPN Club or Beaches & Cream, both table service.

kcork1026
01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm picky (and have some food allergies to add to the issue) and I LOVE Le Cellier!
I'm sure they could make the hamburger but does he eat steak? I am a meat and potatoes girl. And by potatoes, I mean - Baked, Mashed, FF and boxed scalloped/au gratin. No sour cream, no garlic in the mashed - totally boring eater.
This is what I get at Le Cellier:
NYS Steak without the Veal demi glace (not a problem at all) and the Yukon Gold Roasted Potatoes. Yummy.
Great steak and it was cooked to the Medium-Well that I requested.

A hint:
Check the children's menus. I had steak every night on my last trip (DDP) and at most places, I had to ask to "hold" something. If he doesn't like the sides, see what is on the childrens menu. The new meny has severely limited the choices but you'll usually find fries or mashed potatoes.
Good luck - I've always found somthing that I not only could eat, but wanted to.

He really does not like steak, I know it is very STRANGE!!!! I was hoping that we could request. Thanks for all your help.

Cool-Beans
01-01-2007, 01:08 PM
They really are good about helping adults with juvenile palates, like me (and maybe your DH.) I ordered off the kid menu at Brown Derby! :)

fla4fun
01-01-2007, 03:42 PM
You can get a good burger at Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club, just a short walk outside Epcot (and excellent ice cream too!).

DreaminDisney
01-01-2007, 03:53 PM
You can get a good burger at Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club, just a short walk outside Epcot (and excellent ice cream too!).Funny I was just going to post this myself. I think Beaches and Cream have the best burgers. I know Le Cellier does have burgers for lunch and I don't see why they couldn't make one for dinner even if not on menu.

sylvenmaid
04-14-2007, 01:44 AM
WE are very picky eaters but it's funny b/c there are tons of foods we eat too. I LOVE mexican food. Not Tex-Mex though but more authentic (ok it's probably American mexican). I love tacos, burritos, quessidillas, refried beans and such. I'm just not into veggies much.

Anyway, what is up with the mashed potatoes with steaks?! What happened to baked potatoes? It just seems strange to me. Who wants au gratin with a NY strip?! Blech.

I still think we can eat some nice TS places regardless. I'm debating LC or CR at Epcot. I think the aquarium would be really cool while eating. I did eat at Norway the last time I went but cold meats just doesn't do much for me.

disnut8
04-14-2007, 02:26 PM
You don't HAVE to get the potato that is listed on the menu with that particular steak. If my husband had to eat a mashed potato, well, it still would be sitting on his plate after our meal. He almost always asks what other side he can get. Check the kids menus too. If a side that you like is on there, you can get it since it'll be available in the kitchen. If you see another side in another menu option, you can get that.

I don't know what the deal is with the baked potato thing. I like a good baked potato with my meals, steak or not. But it is kind of nice to be able to branch out and try other things.

ILVPOOH
04-14-2007, 02:42 PM
My husband is the same way. He was able to get a hamburger at Concourse Steak House at dinner time. I was wondering the same about Le Cellier. I would really like to try that place too. He doesn't eat fish or chicken either.

sylvenmaid
04-14-2007, 06:13 PM
I like mashed potatoes but just not with my steak. I don't know but I guess I'm just weird that way. ;)

I will eat most kinds of fish and I love grilled, sauteed with mushrooms and pasta. I don't care for lots of veggies esp sauteed and I HATE onions. Seriously I will pick them all out. I do use them to cook certain meals but I cook mine down so much they don't crunch and I chop them very small. Again I'm weird. I LOVE chicken but just some of the sides didn't appeal to me.

I will eat boiled crawfish where many people will make these horrendous faces. So it's all relative. I love crawfish stew, etouffee, jambalaya and such. The way Non-Southerners cook these dishes is not yummy to me and kinda like eeewwww. :rotfl:

We decided against the dining plan anyway. I know we can all eat cheaper than $800 for 5 nights and for 4 people. None of us eat huge meals at a time and we would prefer CS for the most part. My ds might eat 3 tenders and a few fries then say I'm full. So we will be sharing meals esp my mom and me. We are snackers so I can bring my own snacks like granola bars and such cheaper.