PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill or Chef Mickeys.

Twinprincesses
12-31-2006, 11:12 AM
I made my reservations for Chef Mickeys but was curious to hear which one people prefer. Our Chef Mickey reservations are for 10:00 am so I am hoping it would not be busy.

But I was thinking the Garden Grill would be a fun experience as well.

mickeystoontown
12-31-2006, 11:57 AM
We have eaten at the Garden Grill four times and we love it. It's quiet compared to other character meals. The food and service have always been good. The restaurant turns very slowly and you get glimpses of the Living with the Land ride below.

The characters come around quite often and there's a lot of one-on-one interaction with the families.

We are planning on eating at the Garden Grill again in June, 2007.

SoonerGirl
12-31-2006, 11:58 AM
We really enjoy both of these. There are more food choices at Chef Mickey's and it is a fun atmosphere with the towel waving and dancing. Garden Grill is smaller and the character interaction is better, they come around more than once and have time to 'play' rather than just the quick autograph and pic that you get at Chef Mickey's, the rotating restaurant is pretty neat too.

Pixiedust34
12-31-2006, 12:02 PM
I like both! You might want to decide whether you'd like to eat buffet style (Chef Mickey's) or family style (Garden Grill). Also, what else are you doing that day? If you're in the MK, it's easier to to Chef Mickey's. If you're at Epcot, I'd just stay there and do the Garden Grill.

They are both fun places. You can't go wrong.

F1Julie
12-31-2006, 12:42 PM
We've been to both several times and prefer GG hands down. The character interaction is better and its quieter. I also like that GG is family style and you sit in booths - much more convenient than going to the buffet and navigating through a bunch of crowded tables.

rrkman
12-31-2006, 01:14 PM
We did the Chef Mickey breakfast in May. ADR was for 9:30 and it was a mess. Took about 30 minutes or more to get seated and we were not impressed with the food, atmosphere, or character interaction. As for GG, this is always one of our favorites but we have only done dinner there.

Twinprincesses
01-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Sounds crazy but I plan our meals then we plan our parks around dining.

I think I might do GG. Last time we were in the Land pavillion my girls were too small to ride Soarin and they were checking out the Garden Grill ccharacters from a distance. I have to agree it did not seem as crazy as other character meals.

We only live once though and might do both.

amy4bruce
01-04-2007, 09:39 AM
They're very different experiences.

Chef Mickey's is loud and boisterous. It's a buffet, and the food is prepared to the lowest common denominator. We preferred dinner to breakfast, but both were great fun. Be prepared to wait, though. At the breakfast, Goofy hung out in the waiting area, entertaining the kids. (He played musical chairs with them.) The wait wasn't bad, though.

Garden Grill is very quiet. The tables are all in a large, revolving circle, and the characters come up to you. Because of the way the tables are situated, you don't have to share the characters with other tables, and you can't miss them so long as you're at the table. At Chef Mickey's, the can accidentally miss you. As far as the food goes, it's family style. For our family it was perfect, with the best vegetables I've ever had. However, some friends of ours were there at the same time (coincidence), and didn't like the food - they don't eat catfish, and the meat was underdone for them. There's more of a selection at Chef Mickey's, and you can always go back and search for something else.

My suggestion? Do both.

ShannonN
01-04-2007, 04:29 PM
We went to CM last May/June for dinner and we liked it fine.:goodvibes I made our June 07 ADR's for CM for breakfast(I thought I'd give breakfast a try instead of dinner) and GG for dinner to celebrate DS B-day. We celebrated at CM last year and he had a really great time but this year I was hoping for a character meal with a little less volume.;)

ME::MinnieMo DH::MickeyMo DS:earboy2:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/20070610/e/2nd+trip+to+WDW%21%21/k/f085/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)