PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's

mickeyholic
12-31-2006, 07:48 AM
Has anyone ate at this character breakfast lately? If so, could you please give me your experience?

ThreeAngels
12-31-2006, 07:56 AM
:thumbsup2 We just had breakfast there in October for my DD's 7th birthday. We had a fabulous time! Took the bus to Magic Kingdom and were going to walk to CR. Our bus driver saw us walking, asked if we were headed to Chef Mickey's and drove us over there!

It was very crowded, but we had ADRs and were seated quickly. Our server was very attentive, the characters were great and the food was too. We had so much fun and would definitely do it again. :goodvibes

tlhewitt52
12-31-2006, 08:38 AM
I ate dinner there last May, I thought the food was great as was the character interaction. We saw each character three times or so and they dance and let the kids wave their napkins in the air etc. I think it's a great atmosphere!! One to definitely try if you've never been. Liberty Tree Tavern also has the main Disney characters and their sit down family style meal was great too if you want an alternative!!

WDWFUN
12-31-2006, 10:56 AM
We just ate there on Dec. 24th...We loved it! It is Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy at the entrance, but Goofy does make stops around the tables at times.

Nancyg56
12-31-2006, 01:09 PM
We had this breakfast in August. For us, Goofy was at the entrance, and Minnie, Mickey, Chip and Dale made the rounds. We had a great time!

Eventer98
12-31-2006, 01:28 PM
We ate here in August as well for breakfast and really enjoyed it..even more then Crystal Palace although both were good. More character interaction at CM's I think. We are trying it for dinner next time! :wizard:

rrkman
12-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Ate there in may and was not impressed. I love breakfast food but didn't think it was very good. Also, there wasn't really any advantage to an ADR that day because it still took well over 30 minutes to get a seat...and that was at 9:30. Also, saw most of the characters once or twice but (I can't remember which one) one of them didn't even make it to our table before we decided to leave.

Luv Bunnies
12-31-2006, 02:54 PM
We just had breakfast there on 12/17. We loved it! Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy made the rounds to all of the tables. The food was very good and there was lots of variety.

huntconn
12-31-2006, 03:43 PM
I've never had the character breakfast there but we go to the character dinner there every year. It's a family tradition. My mom and dad who live in Florida, drive up for the occasion. We all absolutley love it. The food is good, the selection is large and varied and the character interaction is fantastic. The atmosphere with the monorail going by above is wonderful. Can't say enough good things about it really. We prefer character dinners to the breakfasts. It always seems less rushed, and it's a nice respite after touring all morning and swimming all afternoon. When we do the breakfasts, everyone (except me-morning person) is 1/2 asleep and/or in a rush to get to the park.

mickeyholic
03-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Bumping, just booked this character breakfast!!!

babywewe
03-14-2007, 01:29 PM
I loved it! However, I had a VERY early seating... I think 7 or 8am! I went with very little sleep and all the photos from it are not so great! I look like a walking zombie...
If I did it again I would do lunch. It would be a great break from the parks midday. Just hop onto the monorail .... or a morning in the pool, lunch at chef mickeys and then go to the parks.

mickeyholic
03-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Babywewe, thanks for your info!!! We do have a 7:30 adr, but we are all morning people.

hebbynan
03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Babywewe, thanks for your info!!! We do have a 7:30 adr, but we are all morning people.

DH and I ate here for breakfast on our solo trip last October. We had a 7:00am adr. At first, we were a little leary about that early. But let me tell you.....we loved it! The restaurant was not crowded at all. And DH and I practically had the characters to ourselves. The only thing that we didn't care for was the loud music. But we expected as much as it was a very "exciting" place. The food was great and we made it to MK in time for the opening. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

bytheblood
03-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I did it in May. The character interaction was the best, but I do not really enjoy food that is swimming in grease. I did not like it at all.

mickeyholic
06-10-2007, 07:02 AM
I just called to confirm my ADR... The kids have no idea!!!! I hope they are not disappointed with the meal!!!

mh1973
06-10-2007, 12:17 PM
do you have to have reservations?

raven69david
06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
We had this breakfast in August. For us, Goofy was at the entrance, and Minnie, Mickey, Chip and Dale made the rounds. We had a great time!

We did the same in August for Magical Beginnings and the experience was fantastic. Chip & Dale sat down with DD 2 and she scolded Chip for banging on the table with a knife. It was waaayyyyyyyyy too cute.:goodvibes Just do it and you won't regret it (your wallet will though):eek:

amery
06-10-2007, 03:21 PM
CM was our 1st character meal several years ago.

Aside from it being very crowded back, I would chalk it up as organized chaos. The service was what you would expect at any buffet estbalishment and the food was very good. The Ear-shaped edibles were an especially nice touch.

We almost got roped into spending a hoard of cash for pictures but managed to get away with just the entry shot with Mickey. Unique setting given the proximity of the monorail a few steps away and overhead. This appears to be one of the more child-driven eateries in the world.

mickeyholic
06-11-2007, 09:19 AM
CM was our 1st character meal several years ago.

Aside from it being very crowded back, I would chalk it up as organized chaos. The service was what you would expect at any buffet estbalishment and the food was very good. The Ear-shaped edibles were an especially nice touch.

We almost got roped into spending a hoard of cash for pictures but managed to get away with just the entry shot with Mickey. Unique setting given the proximity of the monorail a few steps away and overhead. This appears to be one of the more child-driven eateries in the world.

Thanks for your info!

kimis
06-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Has anyone ate at this character breakfast lately? If so, could you please give me your experience?
We were there for breakfast in Feb and it was great. enjoy

Prose
06-11-2007, 11:31 AM
We just had breakfast there last Wednesday and loved it. We had an early seating at around 7:40, so it was not crowded at all when we arrived, but we did notice the line for seating getting long as we left. Food was typical breakfast items, although I did really enjoy the cheese omelete and the blintzes with fruit. All the characters came around - Mickey, Goofy, Minnie and maybe Donald? I am a little jet lagged and can't remember, sorry! Don't expect the kids to eat too much, though -- they will be too busy spotting characters and being excited!

kt_mom
06-11-2007, 11:46 AM
We just ate there on Saturday morning. Our ADR was for 9:30 but we arrived about 8:55 and were seated by 9:05. The food was great and the characters came around pretty quickly. We were stuffed and had gotten pictures with all the characters by 9:45. It was great. DD got really excited with Mickey. She sang the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song and he danced. She was so excited after he walked away she jumped up out of her chair and bumped her head on the chair next to her. Pretty hard, she got a purple mark on her forhead and the tears were pouring. Our waitress went and got Mickey and he came back and gave her a big hug and kiss to make her feel better. It was really nice. I would definitly recommend this one.