PDA

View Full Version : Best place to eat at EPCOT

tiggerlover
12-30-2006, 09:33 PM
We are only in the parks for two days this trip and one day will be spent at EPCOT so I am looking for suggestions as to where to eat. I would like to do one sit down meal, either mid-day or evening and the other will be counter service. We love the Teppanyaki, but I understand that it will be closed in April and that is the only sit-down I have done in EPCOT so I would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks.

HSMndLKfan92
12-30-2006, 09:33 PM
I like Le Cellier in Canada. No. I love it. :)

SoonerGirl
12-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Le Cellier is my favorite to date, but I also like Alfredo's and Coral Reef.

drivencrazy
12-30-2006, 10:39 PM
I was so looking forward to going to Le Cellier ........ but they will be closed the week we are there..... go figure.:sad2: :sad2: O-well maybe some other time!

Maliki2
12-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Le Cellier was great!

Do you want Fancy? If so Bistro De Paris was a very NICE sit down place to eat.

tiggerlover
12-31-2006, 07:43 AM
We don't need anything fancy, just good. We want at least one sit down though. With the places that you all listed what types of food do they serve?

comicguy
12-31-2006, 08:32 AM
we love Coral reef and Le Cellier

mommykds
12-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Le Cellier would be my first choice with Alfredos de Roma a close second.

The Sweetness
12-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Check the menus and decide for yourself what's best:teacher:

Jrabbit910
12-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi Tiggerlover,
We also loved the japanese restaurant when we were in epcot but our other choices that we loved at Epcot where Alfredos (italian/ table service) & my husband LOVED the counter service at Germany (Sommerfest/ QS). Great service at both..
If you are into Italian food you have to check out Alfredos; they are known for thier Alfredo Sauce and they should be... Its great.
As for the cs at Germany, great sausage sandwiches and soft pretzles. They also have a sit down for lunch and dinner w/ the same sausages and pretzles but chicken and other stuff. to be honest I didnt think i was going to like Germany but I was so wrong... it was GREAT... Its not something that I would have normally went to but he convinced me and i wasnt disappointed.

tampaguys
12-31-2006, 09:12 AM
If you like seafood, and particularly shellfish, go out the back entrance of Epcot (International Gateway), walk 5 mins to the Beach Club, and have the clambake buffet at Cape May Cafe. There are clams, mussels, and shrimp, as well as clam chowder, chicken, BBQ pork ribs, pasta, veggies, a carving station for beef and turkey, a nice salad bar, and a great dessert bar. Frankly, it's better quality food than anything you'll get in World Showcase (with the exception of Bistro de Paris) PLUS, unlike the restaurants in World Showcase, they are not in a hurry to get you to leave, so you can enjoy a nice relaxed dinner.

Stick_to_Disney
12-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Le Cellier in Canada is the best!! Here are the lunch and dinner menus.

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_lcl.htm (http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_lcl.htm)

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_lcd.htm

Redwitch
12-31-2006, 09:53 AM
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

Everyone's taste varies, so it depends on what you and your family like.

We have enjoyed Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Alfredos, Chefs de France and Resteraunt Merrakesh.

For counter service, we view it as an opportunity to try some new things - we get a CS and share it. Then we can try another country later. If your not in an adventurous mood, Sunshine Seasons has something for everyone.

Twinprincesses
12-31-2006, 10:28 AM
WE love Germany, the show is very entertaining!!

Mouse511
12-31-2006, 10:58 AM
We love LeCellier :thumbsup2

MJMcBride
12-31-2006, 11:05 AM
my favorite is the San Angel Inn followed by Le Cellier

Vivianne
12-31-2006, 11:12 AM
We love LeCellier and Marrakesh.

Yay, 500 posts! :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

PinGirl_07
12-31-2006, 11:14 AM
I have to agree with everyone Le Cellier is great. But if you want a free show get Rose and Crown pub at 8:00 and ask for a outside table. Its the best view for Illuminations. If that is closed too, San Angel Inn is very good too. But if you like the Teppanyaki the Best consider going to Nine Dragons.pirate:

SoonerGirl
12-31-2006, 11:43 AM
We don't need anything fancy, just good. We want at least one sit down though. With the places that you all listed what types of food do they serve?

Of the ones I listed - Le Cellier is a steakhouse, Alfredo's italian & Coral Reef is seafood.

mickey mouse lover
12-31-2006, 01:41 PM
For cs, we love Yorkshire County fish shop. Love that fish.

:thumbsup2

luvfigment
12-31-2006, 05:19 PM
I really like Le Cellier and Chefs de France. I do highly suggest (as other have stated) to read over all the menus to see if they appeal to you, since only you can tell if you will like the food.

snowwite
12-31-2006, 05:44 PM
The Garden Grill is a neat sit down restaurant in the Land that revolves (slowly) and Coral reef is good seafood.

DreaminDisney
12-31-2006, 05:53 PM
We liked San Angel Inn and Le Cellier a lot.

ksloane
12-31-2006, 09:30 PM
My daughter loved the atmosphere of Coral Reef and I didn't expect her to, but we got to sit right by the aquarium. We did the Princess Dinner in Norway too and I LOVED it. It will be a must do next time.

byoung
12-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Le Cellier in Canada get's my vote.

tiggerlover
01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for your opinions and suggestions. Do you know, do all the restaurants have kids menu's and if they do is there an age limit? My son is 10, but eats like a bird so I hate to have to order him a full adult meal as he never usually finishes even a kids meal.

Cool-Beans
01-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Love Italian food, but avoid Alfredos like the plague.

LeCellier I can take or leave (but it is wicked popular around the DIS!)

Highly recommend Rose & Crown.

Adore San Angel Inn and Restaurant Marrakesh!

The others just really aren't my kind of food, so I don't speak up.

Disney Ron
01-01-2007, 12:28 PM
My vote goes to Le Cellier & Rose and Crown for illuminations:thumbsup2

Fly me with Balloons
01-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Teppanyaki

jgates
01-01-2007, 12:36 PM
What are the odds of getting an outside seat at Rose & Crown in January? We have a seating for I think around 8 pm. Do we have to just take our chances when we get to the podium?

ncbyrne
01-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Here is a link to all of the WDW menus http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

I have eat at most of the restaurants in Epcot. I liked/disliked them for various reasons.
I love the atmostphere in Mexico's San Angel Inn, but the food was much too spicy hot for my taste (I specifically asked the server which entrees were completely mild - took his advice - still too hot for me).
I also very much enjoyed Akershus in Norway. The ambience is lovely and the food was excellent (I even request, and rec'd, the recipe for one of the tasty dishes), but I have not eaten there since the addition of the princesses.
Lotus Blossom in China is ok...if you like the take out near you, you will like this too. Same old, same old, not typical of true Chinese fare and a bit disappointing.
The Biergarten in Germany is fun! The show is great - but - how well you enjoy it depends greatly upon where you are seated. The first time I ate in there we were right down front and right in the "action". The last time we ate there we got a side table all the way back on the wall and could barely see the stage, and with the servers and people walking in front of us, we just ate and left. Food is good, but you need to go here for the show too.
Alfredo's in Italy is a favorite of the DISers, but DH and I didn't care for it. The room is cavernous and noisy and the food was typical of Italian food you can get anywhere in the USA.
Teppenyaki...you've eaten here. We liked it too.
Marrakesh in Morroco we liked a lot! I was very surprised at the food - it was appealing to the American palate, not spicy or exotic like I was expecting. The atmosphere is wonderful and the dancer/music is truly special.
Les Chef's de France was ok....the food was ok and it was nice to sit ground level and be able to see the people stolling along outside. BUT, the accoustics in here are terrible and it was VERY loud - we could distinctly hear every word of the table next to us. Bistro de Paris is upstairs, cozy, elegant and very French. The menu is rather limited and it's pricey!
Rose and Crown has typical UK pub food. We have eaten here a couple times. First time I ordered Scottish eggs which I love. They were way too over done and I didn't like them at all. But... since DH loved his menu choice, he convinced me to try R&C again and the second time the food was perfect. Good prices, nice pub atmospher and if you're lucky, good good! :)
Le Cellier in Canada is another favorite! Most people like it and we do too. The steaks are great and we have always had a friendly CM as our server.

ScottOKW2K
01-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Add my family and I to the ones who pick Le Cellier ! Love the food and atmosphere of the place - for us an island of relaxation and good food inside a large and busy theme park. And we have never used the Dining Plan (couldn't eat that much food) so the reason we dine there is because we actually WANT to be there !

diathoney
01-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Love Italian food, but avoid Alfredos like the plague.

LeCellier I can take or leave (but it is wicked popular around the DIS!)

Highly recommend Rose & Crown.

Adore San Angel Inn and Restaurant Marrakesh!

The others just really aren't my kind of food, so I don't speak up.

I totally agree with you about Alfredos Cool-beans. I was disappointed.
San Angel Inn is our favorite. We like the Beirgarten (buffet) - just ignore the saurkraut smell. The Rose and Crown is good, but bad weather can really mess you up. There is not a lot of indoor seating.