PDA

View Full Version : Norway Princess Breakfast?

jesmegmom
12-30-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm trying to decide if I should try to get a ps for the Norway Princess Breakfast. We did this 4 years ago and me and my girls loved it. Hubby thought the breakfast was horrible. He hates to ask for more food. (But he loves Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner!) This will probably be out of our pocket for money. We will have used all our sit down meals already. And we are going to the Pirate pirate: and Princess princess: Party one night at MK. So... should I spend the money to see princess? or will they have seen their fill at the P&P night and through out the week. It would be for our last morning. There is an advantage to not having to go somewhere the last morning... HELP! :confused3 Do you have to give a credit card guarantee? What is the cancelation policy? So many questions and so little time left :banana: !

Tess'smom
12-30-2006, 01:12 PM
:sad1: Just like your husband, we didnt like the food at breakfast. We didnt get alot of Princess time anyway. I am pretty sure we needed a credit card to secure a reservation for this as well. On our last day, we always go to Chef Mickeys for breakfast, even though my Dd usually cries the whole time because we are leaving.:sad1:

jesmegmom
12-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm leaning towards not doing it. We will have already done Chef Mickeys. :cheer2: Any one else been to the Norway Princess Breakfast?

Panther mom
12-30-2006, 02:38 PM
We didn't do the breakfast but did the lunch. The food was okay and I can tell you, we didn't get much princess time although they did have 5 princesses so my little one was satisfied with that.

Good lunch in whatever you decide. :wizard:

Accash
12-30-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm trying to decide if I should try to get a ps for the Norway Princess Breakfast. We did this 4 years ago and me and my girls loved it. Hubby thought the breakfast was horrible. He hates to ask for more food. (But he loves Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner!) This will probably be out of our pocket for money. We will have used all our sit down meals already. And we are going to the Pirate pirate: and Princess princess: Party one night at MK. So... should I spend the money to see princess? or will they have seen their fill at the P&P night and through out the week. It would be for our last morning. There is an advantage to not having to go somewhere the last morning... HELP! :confused3 Do you have to give a credit card guarantee? What is the cancelation policy? So many questions and so little time left :banana: !

We do the Norway Breakfast every January -
1. Yes you need to give them your CC info for this ADR

2. Cancellation Policy - I really don't remember but they absolutely charge your card if you don't show up - but I forget how much they said it would be.

3.The princesses were the usual except for Cinderella and Ariel. You do get to take a pix with Belle before going into the dining room to eat. Belle is all decked out in a very pretty gold outfit. You get about a 2-3 minute hello-give me a hug-take the pix with each princess. Again, the standard.

4. As for the food itself - we like it - nothing extra special - but good eats -we always tell out CM to just bring out double as to not hunt them down later for extra food - they never have a problem with that

5. Since the P&P will be new - I have no clue what the interaction will be like

6. Do you "NEED" to do this? Not really, you will get many chances to see the same princesses - especially in Mickey's Judge's Tent - every January we see Snow White, Aurora, Jasmine, and last year Cinderella was in there as well. I say save the money, especially since your DH isn't really a fan - why waste the money. It's really no biggie, but maybe I feel that way since we do it every year. HTH and Good Luck

Melissa

NewEnglandCamper
12-30-2006, 03:26 PM
We went to the Princess Dinner at Norway on 12/24 to celebrate Christmas Eve.

For this my 8 year old daughter was all dolled up in her new Belle dress. I'll post pictures on my webshots page if anyone is interested. Upon entrance, she immediately got her picture taken with Sleeping Beauty (Aurora). It came out so well we ended up purchasing this (NOTE: $30).

Then we saw
* Ariel (in a minty blue dress ... she was the most friendly)
* Belle (in her blue and white plain dress)
* Jasmine
* Cinderella (in her blue dress)

These girls LOOKED like they jumped right out of the storybook. Most of them were really good actresses and played the part. They only spend about 5 minutes top at your table for a picture and autograph. Someone comes around to make sure you have seen all the princesses.

My daughter and wife thought this WAS AWESOME.

I remember the food being ok. The buffet portion was good.

It was definately a dinner to remember especially for the girls. I highly recommend this for those with young girls!!!

Even my 2 year old behaved for the most part.

NOTE: We DID NOT see the Princesses anywhere else in the parks for signatures (so we are really glad we went to this).

NOTE: The Norway Princess Dinner tried double dipping on our dining points!!! I got this straitened out with Conceriege.

mamamary
12-30-2006, 03:32 PM
We were glad that we did this breakfast also (last month). My family (me, DH, DD 7 and DS 9) really enjoyed the food at bkfst. There was plenty of the buffet items to eat and the platter of food they brought was great. The waiter even asked if we wanted a second platter to come out but we were stuffed. We really enjoyed ourselves here.

Aimeedyan
12-30-2006, 04:56 PM
This is one of our fave breakfasts - we went again in Sept with 6 adults and had a blast! The food is basic breakfast fare. We all had plenty with refills brought out several times =) Great character interaction even for a table with old people at it and it was a very relaxing meal.

Is it a must? No, but neither is a trip to WDW ;) Can you see the princesses other places? I think so, but we prefer to have them come to us. I hate standing in line.

There is a CC required and a 48 hour, I believe, cancellation needed. it sounds like you have several great things planned so I wouldn't feel pressured to book it this year. The party may give them all the princess stuff they need for the week ;)

MinMouse
12-30-2006, 07:14 PM
We did this breakfast about 2 years ago and we won't be returning for a few reasons. First, we had to practically beg our server to bring more food and for the price we felt it should have been offered more frequently. Second, the princesses on the day we were there were not very friendly and passed by our table pretty quickly. Third, DDs are growing out of the princess stage:sad1: There is so much food on the DDP I definitely wouldn't do an additional TS meal.

momof2cutegirls
12-30-2006, 08:12 PM
My husband and I took our daughters, ages 3 and 5, to the Norway Princess Breakfast on Wednesday, December 6. We loved it! The food was very basic breakfast food, and our server had no problem bringing more. We were there for the last breakfast seating - 10:30 - and I did not feel rushed at all.

Belle was in the greeting area in the yellow dress. Snow White, Aurora, Mulan, and Jasmine all came by the table. I felt like we had a lot of time with them. I think some times if you just relax and don't feel rushed then you will get more time with the princesses.

We all liked this breakfast better than Cinderella's Royal Table. I felt really rushed there, but that was our first-ever princess meal. I also thought the breakfast food in Norway was much better.

We also did Chef Mickey's breakfast which we had done before. The food was good, but I felt extremely rushed with the characters there. I personally think it has a lot to do with live, human characters (princesses) vs. characters that can only do hand motions (Mickey & co).