PDA

View Full Version : Transfer questions

SusanWasHere
12-29-2006, 06:14 PM
hello all! i've been looking on here reading posts on transferring points, but none really apply to the situation i'm curious about. so i figured i should just ask. :thumbsup2 i know most of you will know the answers and i thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

i own at ssr with an august use year. i have 142 points left for this year that i would have to bank by the end of next month with 150 points coming in august 07. here is what i am wondering, a friend of mine owns at bcv. would it be possible to transfer this years points to him and my august 07 points for him to make a reservation for the end of august 07? he is out of points for the rest of the year and i believe also borrowed from his next year's points. would he be able to book at his home resort 8 months out or would he have to wait until 7 months out since the points come from my home resort of ssr? i'm assuming also that i would then not bank my points, i would tranfer to him. but can i borrow and transfer my aug 07 points to him? :confused3 i'm sorry if i totally confused you all, lol. :goodvibes i totally have the booking my own dvc points stuff down, just no clue on the transferring. thanks again and i hope everyone had a happy holiday! :)

keishashadow
12-29-2006, 06:42 PM
If i understand correctly your post...

banked or borrowed points may not be transferred to another member

he can bank the points once you transfer them

if your UY is Aug & res. would be in Aug, no borrowing is needed.

points aren't supposed to "morph" into another resort's home field advantage.

last time I transferred points, even though the points were my own UY & resort, MS cautioned me:

1) as to the fact that would check to make sure the points comply with the 11 month window (whether they do so or not is another story).

2) if he'd want to use the points as SSR for 11 month, it could take MS several days to do a manual pull to verify where they came from.

3) the computer system would "soon" be able to ascertain point lineage, etc. (not sure if that's come about either).

hope this helps...if i'm mis-speaking, sure someone will jump in to correct me;) good luck (luv the kitties, i've got a siamese too)

Chuck S
12-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Since, in theory, your transferred SSR points would have to be used at the 7 month mark for BCV, wouldn't it be easier to simply have you bank your current points, then make the reservation, using your points, and put his name on the reservation? Of course, you'd retain control of the ressie if any changes needed to be made or DME added, but if you are friends there shouldn't be a problem contacting you.

The advantage would also be for you to make a ressie NOW at SSR, that way if BCV isn't available at the 7 month mark, he wold still have a place to stay...or if he really wanted BCV and it wasn;t available, then you could cancel SSR and still have your points, since he could not transfer them back to you.

SusanWasHere
01-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Since, in theory, your transferred SSR points would have to be used at the 7 month mark for BCV, wouldn't it be easier to simply have you bank your current points, then make the reservation, using your points, and put his name on the reservation? Of course, you'd retain control of the ressie if any changes needed to be made or DME added, but if you are friends there shouldn't be a problem contacting you.

The advantage would also be for you to make a ressie NOW at SSR, that way if BCV isn't available at the 7 month mark, he wold still have a place to stay...or if he really wanted BCV and it wasn;t available, then you could cancel SSR and still have your points, since he could not transfer them back to you.

thank you for your help! i think i will do exactly that! :thumbsup2 and keisha - thanks for the kitty comment. aren't siamese the best?? :love: