PDA

View Full Version : Alamo down a little again

JERSEYGIRLINSI
12-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Travelling in February, using the $25 coupon from Mousesavers, and Walmart code..down $10 this morning. Hope this helps someone else! 8 days, Mid-size suv $170.14 with all taxes.

Snoozan
12-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the info. I just saved about $20 over National for the same car. Now, I've just got to figure out how Quiksilver works as I've never used it before.

n2mm
12-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks for posting, but didn't help me. I have a 7 day rental (Feb. 3-9) and my rate after all discounts is $201 for mid-size SUV. If I add a day (arrive on 2 or depart on 10) my rate drops to $176, so it would be cheaper if I had rented for longer. Seems a little strange for me since we are pickingup on a Saturday. I would think the same weekly amount would apply....I'll keep watching. Used the same codes and same coupon. Still cheaper than National by more than $40 for me, but prefer national.

sheilap
12-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the info, but I have a question - I clicked on the $25 coupon link from Mousesavers. Then I tried to enter the W-M code, but it says that the "applicant code or business account is invalid" Did I do something wrong? In the box titled "Optional Rate Information" I clicked on "check here if you will be making a reservation using an applicant code". I put a checkmark there, then put "BY" in the rate code box and 428448 in the applicate code box. ( I also tried the other code of 430710) Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

JERSEYGIRLINSI
12-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the info, but I have a question - I clicked on the $25 coupon link from Mousesavers. Then I tried to enter the W-M code, but it says that the "applicant code or business account is invalid" Did I do something wrong? In the box titled "Optional Rate Information" I clicked on "check here if you will be making a reservation using an applicant code". I put a checkmark there, then put "BY" in the rate code box and 428448 in the applicate code box. ( I also tried the other code of 430710) Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

428448 is the only thing that I put in after clicking on the $25 ms coupon.
I entered my dates and proceeded to the car selection.

Lizziejane
12-29-2006, 04:40 PM

Thanks!

Enter 428448 in the ID/Corp ID box; type BY in the Rate/Product Code box; the coupon # should be there if you followed the link from the coupon page, and that's it.

I just got my rate down yet again - 8 days in Janauary, standard SUV for $195 all taxes in.