PDA

View Full Version : Disney hotel for two nights

maduktwinmum
12-29-2006, 08:34 AM
It is my mother in laws 60th birthday this year and we as a family are going to Disney and staying in a villa.

We are seriously considering paying for her and her partner to stay in a Disney hotel (possibly all stars or pop century) for a couple of nights. They are Disney mad and would love it.

Has anyone else done it for such a short time and do you get all the extras ie extra hours also as a family would it be easy to visit them and see what it is like to stay there

We have looked on Expedia is there any where else cheaper to book and is it worth just trying to book somewhere when we are there?

thanks

Magic Man
12-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Check allears.net to see photos of all the places. It's all Disney so the magic is included. Biggest difference I see between resorts are the amenities...paper cups compared to ceramic cups, size of rooms, etc.
We have yet to stay at a value resort because my wife gets such good deals with the codes we get a moderate for about the same price as a value.
If it's Disney though...it has the magic!:goodvibes :goodvibes

seashoreCM
12-29-2006, 09:15 AM
You get the extra magic hours including on the day you check in and the day you check out.

You would want a rental car because resort-to-resort by Disney bus requires making a connection.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

maduktwinmum
12-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks they will have a car due to the fact we are staying in a villa

Magic Man
12-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Part of my Disney fun is figuring out an adventurous way to get from point to point. Buses don't go from resort to resort, but they do go to parks where you can catch monorails, boats, etc. It is as much fun to me as seeing the parks sometimes. Once you are on property, you really don't need your own transportation...Mickey will do it for you. You just have to be creative.

Pax
12-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Has anyone else done it for such a short time and do you get all the extras ie extra hours also as a family would it be easy to visit them and see what it is like to stay there

We have looked on Expedia is there any where else cheaper to book and is it worth just trying to book somewhere when we are there?

thanks

As far as I'm concerned , even one day staying at Disney is better than no days staying at Disney. I only live an hour away and there are bigger, cheaper rooms to be had two miles down the road and none of that maters. I stay on-site. A poster once described it as being in the Disney Bubble. I liked that. To answer more exactly...I haven't stayed on site for only a couple nights, but I certainly would.

As for the Extra Magic Hours, the room keys assigned to those staying allow them in early/to stay late from the day of check in through the end of the day you check out.

Visiting is easy as pie. Katie at Pop century reservations just said the visitor stops at the security kiosk, shows ID and tells who they're visiting and the room number, then parks for free as close as they can get for as long as they please. Presumably staying the night would require being added to the room for a small ($10?) charge and entitle you to your own key, EMHs, towel giraffe, etc.

I had good luck and low rates on my last Oct. trip going through Dreams Unlimited (the site sponsor I think). Shirley was great and made sure I got the best discounts possible. I called a bunch of people to be sure ;) . I think that's the way to a good deal...check everybody's offerings and the reviews of their service.

Hope this helped.

Pax