PDA

View Full Version : ADR crisis averted.

mom2kazkids
12-28-2006, 09:21 PM
I was up at 6am central time on Nov 2 to make ADR's for our trip that was to start on May 1 to May 11, got everything that I wanted at all the exact times that I wanted. DH calls me at work on Tuesday to inform me that the second week of the vacation time that he needs off is closed. The first week and the week before that only have 2 people each week, and there are still 11 people ahead of him to pick. WONDERFUL----NOT! Looking at the number of people off, and the fact that he did get the same time frame off last year, (the first week and the week before it off) we decided to have me rebook now from April 23 to May 4, just had to give up the magic kingdom view tower room at the CR and change back to WL, which was fine with me.

So home from work I came, checked the hours, (now have to deal with grad nights), moved around 3 of the ADR's I wanted and grabbed the phone. I cannot believe that I was able to get everything I wanted at either the original time I wanted it, or within 5-10 minutes of the original time. I mean LeCellier, CP for breakfast at 8:05, CRT at 8:10, PSB breakfast at 9:00, and even the extras--pirate's cruise and Wonderland Tea Party.

Please just send Pixie dust my way that DH will now get the two weeks that we need, since he is union and picks based on senority, and only 5 guys can be off at a time. We were planned for a 9 night trip last year, but my dad was diagnosed with cancer--mesothelioma, and we had to cancel. The kids was in first grade and Kindergarten, so I do not want to pull them out of school for a vacation after this year.

Barb

Vickibean
12-29-2006, 09:03 AM
:grouphug:
I lost my father to Meso nearly 5 years ago and my husband's grandfather died of Meso last year. It is such a terrible disease.

Congrats on the ADRs!

TheRustyScupper
12-29-2006, 12:04 PM
1) I'll send you some Pixie Dust for the desired vacation days.
2) But, I wouldn't worry about it.
3) People in Green Bay like Summer vacations.
4) From living in Green Bay, I know Summer is 4-days long (July 17-20).
5) And once in a while, you get warm day on August 14th.
6) You should be in good shape.

sandym718
12-29-2006, 04:06 PM
LOL over above post!

Pixie dust coming your way! We'll be there 4/28 - 5/4!!