PDA

View Full Version : can i carry my pins!!??

Miss Jessr!ca
12-28-2006, 08:23 PM
i was wondering if i'll be able to have all my pins on my cary on when we fly down next december. :confused3
i would feel much better if they were with me.

I'mNoPrince
12-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Yes we even did some trading and got a Tink Dreams pin at MCO in the Disney store.

I would never check them as DD carries anywhere from 30 to 50 pins a trip.Most in her pin bag some loose in her carry-on.

Miss Jessr!ca
12-28-2006, 11:22 PM
oh cool.
i just dont like not knowing exactly were they are, and whos around them. :scared:
i have like 50..but ive been collecting them since my first trip to WDW 2 years ago. and most of them are special ones.
so im kinda protective.

I'mNoPrince
12-29-2006, 06:45 AM
oh cool.
i just dont like not knowing exactly were they are, and whos around them. :scared:
i have like 50..but ive been collecting them since my first trip to WDW 2 years ago. and most of them are special ones.
so im kinda protective.

DD only takes her traders and a few one that stay in her bag all the time.

But even with that your looking at several hundreds on dollars.

But you should be fine we do 2 or 3 trips year and have never had a problem.

Morganpics
01-01-2007, 02:08 PM
A funny story here. We came home on 12 December, checking in at MCO I put carryon on the belt, shoes, wallet, cell phone, etc. etc. Everything came through except the bag. It went through a second time, still held. The TSA guy came along to me and said, "do you have something metal in here?" Did I!! Only about 75 pins! :rotfl2: I had to open the bag and show him and he just rolled his eyes and said what do you do with all of these?! I had to chuckle-it wasn't any problem, though. I do agree-they stay with me in the carryon. I wouldn't even consider putting them in checked luggage. The other part of this story is the only checked bag they opened was the dirty laundry bag!:eek:

Luv2Roam
01-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I took a carry on pin bag with me when we flew from MCO into LAX and back in Sept.
I would never put my pins in checked (unlocked) luggage.
You should be safe, unless something else creates restrictions at that time.

Miss Jessr!ca
01-01-2007, 08:15 PM
ok cool
that makes me feel much better :goodvibes

stitchlovestink
01-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Coming back from WDW in Aug, the person at the scanning machine (upon reviewing the contents of my carry-on bag) stated to me "Somebody's been to Disney collecting pins and pressed coins." I had to laugh because that was a very accurate statement. I had added about 30 to 40 pins to my collection. :yay:

disneymom06
01-03-2007, 10:54 AM
I hadn't thought about the pins, thanks for the info, my son would be very unhappy if he couldn't carry on his pins.

Drizzo67
01-03-2007, 12:19 PM
My kids actually wear their trading lanyard (and their pin hats, too) onto the plane. We were lucky last year, they actually traded pins with others on the flight. Made the time go faster and really got them into the flow of trading again since they hadn't traded in a year.

All extra pins are carried onto the plane in our carryon. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Dina Marie

Miss Jessr!ca
01-03-2007, 03:38 PM
yay, i feel much better now :goodvibes