PDA

View Full Version : Good rental companies by WDW?

lonegungirl
12-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi. I'm going to WDW late Jan-Feb and wanted to rent a car. I usually take the Magical Express over from the airport and then pick up a car at the Car Care Center from National, which traditionally had cheaper rates than Alamo. I now find, however, that Alamo/National is doing away with the National part there, and only accepting reservations/coupons for Alamo which is 2/3 more expensive.

Anyone have any experience with the companies around there? I heard Hertz is at the Hilton, and Thrifty has an office in Kiss. but are the shuttles timely? I've been concerned in the past that we would miss our Magical Express back to the airport, because it took almost an hour to have a shuttle pick us up and take us back to the hotel--even from the CCC.

Thanks for any info!

Minnie & Me
12-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Budget is located in Hilton DTD.
Dollar is located in Grovsnor DTD.

Both are across the street from Earl of Sandwich and by the bus stop.

I'mNoPrince
12-28-2006, 08:39 PM
I used Enterprise across Epcot drive and I-4 in Oct .

And Dollar at Grovsnors this DECs last trip both with no problems .

Enterprise picked and dropped me off anywhere on sight.

Dollar was a real easy walk from SSR or the DTD marketplace bus stops

ncbyrne
12-29-2006, 04:53 AM
On our last trip we to ME to our resort. Then we rented a car from CCC the next day. There was no extra charge for drop off at the airport. When you take ME back to the airport it really cuts into your time on the last day. Driving back gave us those last few extra moments of magic.

dahrjo
12-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Where is the CCC? We are going in Feb. Will there be a delay with ME for Presidents break week? I think we would like to get a car for a few days.

disneyldwjr
12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Where is the CCC? We are going in Feb. Will there be a delay with ME for Presidents break week? I think we would like to get a car for a few days.

The CCC is near MK. I doubt there will be a delay with ME on Pres. day.

Boston5602
12-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I've read in previous posts that there was also a car rental company at the Dolphin , don't actually know this . Anyone know for sure?

OKW Lover
12-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Budget is located in Hilton DTD.
Dollar is located in Grovsnor DTD.

Both are across the street from Earl of Sandwich and by the bus stop.

Actually, its Avis that is at the Hilton.