PDA

View Full Version : 50s dessert

lovemickeya
12-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Does anyone have pictures or can describe other desserts from 50s other than Dad's Sundae and smores. Dont they have a cobbler or cake or something. We just went a month ago and I dont recall eating either smores or Dad's Sundae - but I cant remember - we ate so much while we were there.

Thanks In Advance

OKWMom
12-28-2006, 07:59 PM
I had the apple cobbler and I thought it was really good. It was topped with an odd (but very good) crunchy topping and finished with ice cream. I wish I had asked what the topping was. It almost seemed like a granola or oatmeal. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

lovemickeya
12-28-2006, 08:37 PM
thank you- I loved it. I thought that might have been where we ate that day- mmmmm - now maybe we can get someone to post a picture- because the topping was extra good.

pezpam
12-29-2006, 08:39 AM
No pics, but http://allrecipes.com/recipe/dutch-apple-pie-with-oatmeal-streusel/detail.aspx has a pie recipe with directions on making a topping like you're talking about. We've always used a similar topping for cobbler-type desserts and apple pies. You may adjust this recipe or find another one, according to taste, but it's just so darn easy. :)

lovemickeya
12-29-2006, 08:49 AM
thank you- I will have to try that recipe on Monday.