PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays at POFQ

snowman
12-28-2006, 07:25 AM
We will be celebrating my bday at WDW on Sept 1st. Okay, so I'm going to be 40, but that doesn't stop me from being a baby about having a birthday cake :rolleyes1

I have seen that the restaurants and deluxes have their own bakeries to make cakes and deliver them to their rooms/restaurants. Is there someplace that will deliver to POFQ? Does the restaurant at POR make cakes? I reaaaaaally want the Mickey head cake :cloud9: that I saw pictures of, but I could be happy with another cake.

Thanks for your help.

Matthews4Disney
12-28-2006, 10:19 AM
We were at POFQ in September and my husband surprised me with a cake and flowers on my birthday! I think he worked with the Sassagoula Floatworks Factory restaurant manager to order the cake. I know they didn't make it there, but he picked it up there. There was a little mishap in that it wasn't there when it was supposed to be, but they got it there very quickly after that. It was very tasty! I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture of it, but I'm not sure it will work. If not, send a PM with your email address and I'll email it to you. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing and chocolate mousse filling. It also had flowers on it. They give you plates, forks, napkins and candles, too.

Last year, we celebrated our daughter's third birthday at the Wilderness Lodge and they made her cake there. They delivered it to the room with a beautiful setup and a balloon, but it was the same exact kind of cake. We paid a bit extra to have some figurines of Mickey and Minnie on it, but they did not do the custome Mickey cakes like you want. Both that cake and the POFQ cake were very good though!

Hope you enjoy your birthday trip!!!!