PDA

View Full Version : First Date night w/o children. Where to go?

kespo
12-27-2006, 03:40 PM
My DH and I are going to disney with some friends. They have offered to watch our son one night so we can go out on a date. The first time in almost 2 years. We are so excited! Wondering if we can get some suggestions? Looking for a place that's romantic with great food.
Thanks for your help!!

salmoneous
12-27-2006, 04:04 PM
There are any number of "good" choices. But, really, just go to the California Grill. Can't beat it for food or romance.

OKW Lover
12-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Romantic and great food? Try Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Nice romantic setting, adult food choices. After eating, take a walk down by the water and watch the geyser go off on the hour.

thatduffgirl
12-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Artist Point and California Grill are my two picks. Terrific food, amazing atmosphere! We went to Victoria and Albert's once which is great but VERY spendy, even by DW standards...

kespo
12-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the advice. What about Jiko's? 1900 Park at GF?

Cindy's Mom
12-27-2006, 07:01 PM

1900 Park Faire is the Cinderella dinner and Mary Poppins for b-fast. I suggest the Yacthmans for steaks.

ExPirateShopGirl
12-27-2006, 07:27 PM

There is nothing even slightly romantic about 1900 Park Fare..... just sayin!

Terry's Angels
12-27-2006, 08:22 PM
We're trying Jiko for our "date night" in May. I love the look of the AKL and I've read and heard excellent food reviews. Have fun choosing.

disneymomof1
12-27-2006, 08:39 PM
How about Le Cellier at Epcot, great food, small tables and romantic lighting, go later in the evening and walk out and watch Illuminations, my dh and I look forward to Le Cellier as our date night when grandmom watches dd one night we will be there 2/5-2/8. Have a great time

shellybaxter
12-27-2006, 08:50 PM
I think Jiko would be a great choice. I agree that 1900 Park Faire isn't right for a date night. I also like Artist Point but think the Cali Grill is over rated

Gillian
12-27-2006, 09:55 PM
We enjoyed Jiko for our date night, but there isn't really anywhere to go after.

Are you maybe thinking of Citricos at the GF?

honeymom
12-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I think Jiko would be a great choice. I agree that 1900 Park Faire isn't right for a date night. I also like Artist Point but think the Cali Grill is over rated

I've never been to Jiko - it looks neat. I agree about 1900 PF. But, I disagree about AP vs. CG. We went to both last trip and were wowed by CG both its food and the views. We weren't as blown away by AP. But, we did have the kids with us at AP and they were a bit of a distraction.

kespo
12-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Sorry, I got mixed up. I meant to ask about Narcoossee's at GF not 1900 Park Fare. Right now I think we are leaning towards Jiko.

DisneyKidds
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Narcoossee's was going to be my suggestion. That or California Grill. We've had some wonderful meals at Narcoossee's. The atmosphere is casual but elegant. The service is good. The food is very good. Time it right and you can see the Electrical Water Pageant and the MK fireworks while you eat.

I'd definitely go someplace you'd be less likely to go with the kids, and someplace that you can see the MK fireworks from. That leaves you with Narcoossee's or California Grill. I think GF is a nicer resort to walk around, sit in the lobby, and soak in the atmosphere.

cap'njacksgirl18
12-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Tony's on main street. It is where lady and tramp went on their first date!

disneyfreakjackie
12-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Definately the California Grill!! IMO there's not one negative thing about this restaurant!! Book ADR's ASAP!!:goodvibes

jakenjess
12-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I agree with Cali. Grill. Try to get a seating so you'll be there for Wishes. A fabulous meal with a view you can't beat. Doesn't get more romantic than that!

Gillian
12-28-2006, 05:19 PM
You'll love Jiko!

Are you from Hamilton in Mercer County??

The VWL Five
12-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi,

We have done Shulas but it is very expensive. Also have done WolfGang, Fultons and Le Cellier and next trip may try Cal Grill also.

Enjoy.

summerlandjeff
12-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Try the Maya Grille in CSR. If you catch the sunset around the lake it is very romantic. After dinner take a stroll through the fountains arouns the Casitas.;)

grumpy.uncle
12-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Sorry, I got mixed up. I meant to ask about Narcoossee's at GF not 1900 Park Fare. Right now I think we are leaning towards Jiko.
Narcoossee's has such a beautiful setting, right on the water and if you timed it right, you could watch the fireworks at MK. I'm not sure how good the food is, but the setting is spectacular. Maybe post and ask for opinions on the food from those who've eaten there. What a treat to get a night out w/o the kids. Enjoy.

jodifla
12-29-2006, 06:18 PM
If you want really great food and atmosphere, Blue Zoo is terrific. It's very upscale, and almost no kids. That's where we went on our last annivesary. We've also done Yachtsman Steakhouse and Jiko for other anniversaries.

kespo
12-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Gillian- Yes, we are from Hamilton- Mercer County. Are you?

kespo
12-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Jodifla- Where is Blue Zoo? Is it on Disney Property?

We are leaving in three weeks and getting so excited. Sound like alot of people really like Califorina Grill. I don't love the CR. Although I know alot of people do. I heard that CG is very noisy. Is it?

golden1
12-29-2006, 07:08 PM
I vote for Cirque du Soleil and then a nice restaurant at DTD!

Gillian
12-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Yes, we're in Hamilton too. :)

I remember reading that you'll see a lot of kids at California Grill (and that it gets noisy), but I've never been there.

We saw La Nouba on a date nights. It's so cool that we felt guilty not bringing DS!

Ron from Michigan
12-29-2006, 08:30 PM
California Grill or Jiko. They are the best two places to eat at WDW. :)

Jrabbit910
12-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi kespo...
Another vote for CG... We loved every minute of it there. I dont think its any noiser then any other place that we went to. Some people might think that because of the open kitchen but it didnt make us say it was loud at all.
We loved everything about it... My husband took me there for my birthday and I am so happy that he did. It is by far the best restaurant I have went to in DW.

Also, if your friends want to watch the kids for a little while longer... you should head over to POR... they have a horse and buggy ride (make reservations if you could) it takes you around the property. Its beautiful... take a bottle of bubbly with you and ur set up for a evening you will never forget! :) :hug:

MinMouse
12-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Here's another vote for California Grill. We spent our 15th anniversary there in October. It was a little noisy. We happened to be there on a night that a set of parents thought it was a good idea to let the 6-year old push the 2-year old sibling around the restaurant. I was surprised the restaurant didn't ask them to stop. We had the pleasure of a window seat facing the castle so we pretty much kept our back to what was going on in the restaurant. For us, seeing the fireworks and the delicious food was worth it though! YUM!

jodifla
12-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Jodifla- Where is Blue Zoo? Is it on Disney Property?

We are leaving in three weeks and getting so excited. Sound like alot of people really like Califorina Grill. I don't love the CR. Although I know alot of people do. I heard that CG is very noisy. Is it?

Blue Zoo is at the Dolphin Hotel. One of the reasons I liked it is that there were almost no kids there. It was definitely an upscale place. Seeing kids out eating when we're on a date night bothers me a little, because I feel like I should have taken DS too!

The food is also top notch, with fantastic presentation and preparation. Really innovative, which I'm not finding much at WDW restaurants these days.