PDA

View Full Version : Airport parking Cheaper then SunPark???

son3disfan
12-27-2006, 03:18 PM
I thought parking was CHEAPER off airport?
I just got a coupon ( Thanks Dis members)
for parking at the Buffalo Inter. Airport for $38.00 a week taxes in. (x2)
Sunpark was almost $90.00 with their coupon ($32.74 first week then $7.12 each additional day plus 1.50 plus taxes) We need parking for two weeks.
That makes Airport parking $76.00 for 2 weeks.
Wow.
Anyone care to let me know if I did that right? $14.00 is not a big savings but it's closer to park at the airport too , isn't it? Has anyone used these coupons before?
Care to share?
Thanks.

SoarinJ
12-28-2006, 09:31 AM
I thought parking was CHEAPER off airport?
I just got a coupon ( Thanks Dis members)
for parking at the Buffalo Inter. Airport for $38.00 a week taxes in. (x2)
Sunpark was almost $90.00 with their coupon ($32.74 first week then $7.12 each additional day plus 1.50 plus taxes) We need parking for two weeks.
That makes Airport parking $76.00 for 2 weeks.
Wow.
Anyone care to let me know if I did that right? $14.00 is not a big savings but it's closer to park at the airport too , isn't it? Has anyone used these coupons before?
Care to share?
Thanks.

Looks like you have it right. You can prepay for Sun Park for a discount (10 days of parking is $65 - they are sold in packs of 5 days.= for 32.50).

I have used both Sun Park and the Airport and have found the better price for stays of 5 days or more is the weekly special (coupon) offered directly by the airport. If I am parking under 5 days, generally Sun Park will work out to be a better bargain.

Hope this helps.

son3disfan
12-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Looks like you have it right. You can prepay for Sun Park for a discount (10 days of parking is $65 - they are sold in packs of 5 days.= for 32.50).

I have used both Sun Park and the Airport and have found the better price for stays of 5 days or more is the weekly special (coupon) offered directly by the airport. If I am parking under 5 days, generally Sun Park will work out to be a better bargain.

Hope this helps.

Hey, That helps alot. Thanks!:thumbsup2

I figure it never hurts to ask someone who has some good info.
One more thing... Did you make a ressie at the airport, or just show up ?
And do you think that the coupon will be good for 2 weeks too ?I don't want to be surprised with a bigger bill then planned on check out.

SoarinJ
12-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey, That helps alot. Thanks!:thumbsup2

I figure it never hurts to ask someone who has some good info.
One more thing... Did you make a ressie at the airport, or just show up ?
And do you think that the coupon will be good for 2 weeks too ?I don't want to be surprised with a bigger bill then planned on check out.

Not sure if it is good for two weeks or not, but you can call the Airport and they will let you know. If I can find the number I used last year, i will post it.

No need for a reservation, just make sure you are in the correct lot for the coupon and presnt it when you pay, the attendant will know how to ring it up. You can pay with cash or credit card.

son3disfan
12-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Not sure if it is good for two weeks or not, but you can call the Airport and they will let you know. If I can find the number I used last year, i will post it.

No need for a reservation, just make sure you are in the correct lot for the coupon and presnt it when you pay, the attendant will know how to ring it up. You can pay with cash or credit card.

Thanks for all the info. I have the phone number already ( and no one answers) That's why I thought I'd post here)
You've been so helpful.:) :)