PDA

View Full Version : Maya Grill or Chef Mickey's???

DisneyDork712
12-27-2006, 01:20 PM
I thought I would never do this but... I am stressing over whether or not to keep the ADRs I already have!! :headache: I am driving myself (and DH!) crazy! :upsidedow We arrive in only 11 days! (and 18 hours and 17 minutes! But who's counting...)

I had made ADRs for Chef Mickey's for dinner our first night. We did this last year and loved it. But now I'm thinking that maybe we should try something new. I've been reading about Maya Grill, and it sounds really yummy. And romantic! :love: But Chef Mickey's is so fun! And yummy! But it would also be fun to try something new! And visit a different resort. What should I do? :confused3 I think I could probably get ADRs for Maya Grill right now. I just don't know if I should.

Has anyone eaten at both recently that could get me some opinions?? I have to get this figured out! :surfweb:

Where should we eat??? :confused3

3for Me
12-27-2006, 02:39 PM
We have done Chef Mickey's on our first night before, and I agree, it is a FUN way to start the trip! Could you do Maya another night? I think it would be easier to do that then to try to change your CM ADR.

Have a great trip!

OKW Lover
12-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Chef Mickeys and Maya Grill are two pretty different dining experiences. I don't think you can even compare them they are so different. If you enjoyed Chef Mickey's before and want to do it again, you won't be disappointed. If you're after something new, then try Maya Grill.

3daughters
12-27-2006, 03:40 PM
I can only speak for Chef Mickey's since I havent been to the other. But we too are starting our trip with Chef Mickey's. To me it's a great way to kick things off and get into the spirit of Disney. With that said, we haven't been there in a long time, need the vacation very badly and need to unwind. I think that's the best way for us to start. Since you've been there done that, maybe it isn't the best for you. We love Chef Mickey, haven't been there in almost 15 years, but remember it as being a fun energy filled experience.

The point of you vacation is to not stress... take a step back and think about the rest of your trip, that may help you decide how to "kick it off."

Have a great time and RELAX!!!

DisneyDork712
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks everyone! I think I may get DH to look at the menu for Maya Grill and see what he thinks. Our park tickets are for every day of the trip, so we are planning on going to a park that first evening. I'm thinking that if we could at least catch some fireworks or something, that would be a great way to kick off the trip. Last year we didn't go to a park on the day we arrived, so we did Chef Mickey's to get a 'taste' of the magic on the very first day. As much as I loved Chef Mickey's, I also love trying new things, so I'm not set on doing Chef Mickey's. Now, if we were taking people with us, (we were going to, but they can't go now for some really irritating reasons. :sad2: Now I'm stuck with only DH. :goodvibes ) we would definitely do Chef Mickey's the first night.

So now I was thinking of making ADRs at Maya Grill for about 5:30. Then heading to DS after dinner. I believe it is an EMH night, but we would just go to catch Fantasmic!, and maybe see if there any short rides for anything else.

Ahh... Planning is half the fun! :love: :cloud9:

summerlandjeff
12-28-2006, 01:48 PM
We stayed at CSR in Feb. 2006 and ate at Maya Grille twice with NO ADR! Never had to wait, food was pretty good too!

Keep the ADR at Chef Mickey's, and just pop over to Maya Grille another day, you won't be disappointed.

Buzz2001
12-29-2006, 07:38 AM
We stayed at CSR in Feb. 2006 and ate at Maya Grille twice with NO ADR! Never had to wait, food was pretty good too!

Keep the ADR at Chef Mickey's, and just pop over to Maya Grille another day, you won't be disappointed.I agree, I've never had to worry about ADR's at the Maya Grill. We love Chef MIckey's. We usually do the breakfast.