PDA

View Full Version : Herbie's Drive In?

S.Poppins
12-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Trying to figure out a good CS for lunch at MGM in a couple of weeks. We hated ABC commissary. How is Herbie's? What about Flatbread Grill? We might try Pizza Planet. We are on DDP, I do not see a kids menu listed for Pizza Planet - do kids just order off of regular in that case?

ILoveMagic
12-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Trying to figure out a good CS for lunch at MGM in a couple of weeks. We hated ABC commissary. How is Herbie's? What about Flatbread Grill? We might try Pizza Planet. We are on DDP, I do not see a kids menu listed for Pizza Planet - do kids just order off of regular in that case?

Do you mean Sci -Fi ???

tinkerbell1967
12-26-2006, 10:08 PM

I think you might mean Sci Fi. Never heard of Herbies??

TDC Nala
12-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Herbie's is a kiosk located outside the Lights Motors Action stunt show. I don't think they serve full meals anymore, or even the same amount of snacks they used to serve. They might have gone down to just pretzels or hot dogs or something.

I don't know if Pizza Planet is like the Pizzafari at AK - they don't have pizza on the children's menu, because all the pizzas are the same size. I would check and see if Pizza Planet is on the dining plan participating list, since it doesn't seem to have a children's menu at all and the plan is pretty specific in saying kids have to order from the children's menu. If it participates I bet you could order whatever they have.

You could try the Backlot Express or the Flatbread Grill (which as far as I can tell still does not serve flatbread except for the piece stuck in the greek salad.)

Sci Fi is not a CS, it's a table service restaurant.

S.Poppins
12-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Thank you. I just saw Herbies still listed on allears and had not heard of it. We ate at Sci-Fi last year - once was enough. Thanks for your advice.

gizfish
12-27-2006, 03:45 PM
All Herbies really has by way of food as opposed to snacks are tiny pork buns. I wouldn't consider them a meal option.

PrincessTrisha
12-27-2006, 04:12 PM
At Pizza Planet, there is only one menu which everyone orders from (kids included) and yes it is part of the dining plan.

aubriee
12-28-2006, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=gizfish;16095298]All Herbies really has by way of food as opposed to snacks are tiny pork buns. I wouldn't consider them a meal option.[/QUOTE

Definitely not large enough for a meal, even for a kid. I stopped by Herbie's Dec 11th and ordered a Bar B Q pork bun and a banana smoothie. The pork bun might have been 2 1/2'' in diameter and might have had a teaspoon of filling in it. Not very good at all. I left MGM and caught the boat over to Epcot for a late lunch.