PDA

View Full Version : Not renting a car. Advice?

dplackey
12-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Hello I had a quick question. I am going to Disneyworld for my honeymoon Jan 7 - Jan 12 and we are staying at the Disney Swan. Can someone tell me what bus or taxi I should catch from the airport and about how much it costs? Since we are staying at the Swan, is there transportation from there to the other parks as well and how much does that costs? Starting to get ready, so I needed to rush to the forums for answers! Thanks so much oh and Merry Christmas!

:woohoo:

bab31
12-25-2006, 10:59 PM
While you are collecting quotes I would also check the town car companies. I know there are sponsors on allears.com and ***************** that advertise. I have not used either but would feel comfortable using them as well as the sponsor from this site. Or you could call the swan and ask them for a recomendation.

TinkOhio
12-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Congrats on your wedding!:sunny: The Swan is beautiful...you'll love it!

I can't help you on the taxi from the airport, but the internal transportation at the Swan is awesome! You only need to catch a boat (or walk) to Epcot and MGM, and the bus service from the Swan to everywhere else is the best! We have stayed there several times and never waited more that 10 minuutes for a bus anywhere, even in the most crowded seasons! The Swan and the Dolphin share busses, but the Swan is the first stop, so you won't have to stand.

If you havn't signed up at SPG.com, please do! It's free, and they are very good about granting free upgrade requests if rooms are available. We have always booked a standard room and been upgraded to an Epcot view balcony room at no extra charge. It won't hurt to let them know that it is your honeymoon, either.

Have a great time!!:sunny:

Bill From PA
12-26-2006, 09:18 AM
I recommend a TownCar which will cost about $95 round trip, a taxi would be about the same and with a TC you get a 1/2 hr stop at a grocery store if you want one.. We've used Tiffany on past stays at Swan and Dolphin and we booked them for our March trip to the BoardWalk. You can walk from Swan to MGM or Epcot and there are boats serving those parks too. You'll only need to use the bus for AK,MK,PI or a water park. Be sure to hit the BoardWalk, it's an attraction in itself with restaurants, a brew pub and JellyRolls a duelling piano bar.

Bill From PA

Our2Girls&Disney
12-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Is there a reason why you will not be getting a car? You can get a rental car for around $150. Maybe less, but you will have to look around. I just went to Alamo plugged in your rates and got the rate of $159 including taxes and fees. Personally I like having a car. Your choice. Go to mousesavers.com and check out the discount codes, if you are interested.

dplackey
12-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks everybody for your responses. I actually realized after posting this that my travel agent booked transportation for us from the airport to the Dolphin and vice versa so I need not to worry. Plus once we are there, there's no reason to have a car since we will be close by to the parks.

Thanks again all!