PDA

View Full Version : Flying out of Buffalo NY?

Ilovemyprincesses
12-25-2006, 03:20 PM
This is my first time planing a vacation so don't hold that against me :) I am taking my mom and 2 kids to Disney hopefully in Sept. What airlines do those of you in the Buffalo area fly on? I am looking for a great deal and hopefully a direct flight &&&. Also is it better to leave on a certain day of the week? Anything you can offer would be great. Thanks;)

A&CsMom
12-25-2006, 07:06 PM
You may want to check out the Canadian boards with this question, because many people from Ontario fly out of Buffalo. I haven't done it, but I have looked at the prices and Southwest seems to consistently be the best value out of Buffalo. I think if you are lucky, you can get flight around $50 per person one way on Southwest, however you can only book them about 3 or 4 months in advance. Hopefully, someone else will be able to give you more specific info.

anniem923
12-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi, I fly out of Buffalo every now and then. SW is the best for low fares but you will have to be able to wait a while to get them. We are going next month for $59 each way from BUF to MCO. I originally bought one way flights down to Orlando for $167 and held off on buying the return flights to see if the price would go down. The dates didn't open up until late Sept or early October, as I recall. Then one evening a few weeks later an unannounced internet special showed up on SWA's website and the fares were $59 each way. Check their website often and here too b/c I found out about the unannounced internet special that evening from someone's post right here. Booking one way flights is the best way to go since you can change one without changing the other if there happens to be a fare change only one way...at least for SWA...not sure about other airlines, though.
We were never able to get a ding, but I am happy with what we got. The fact that we are flying both ways on Saturday may have something to do with not getting a DING.
Hope everything works out well for you.
Anne

OntFamily
12-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Go to www.kayak.com for great fares.

I've flown out of BUF on Delta and JetBlue -- when I booked, they had the least expensive fares.

2Princes2Princesses
12-26-2006, 08:55 AM
For direct flights to Orlando, the only options are Southwest and Airtran, both have at least one n/s flight in the morning and one in the afternoon or evening to MCO.

Southwest is usually cheaper, look for an Internet Fare. Airtran sometimes has a decent sale.

For our trip for Feb, SW is $59 each way, Airtran is $89 each way. :thumbsup2

Ilovemyprincesses
12-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the info.

SoarinJ
12-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info.

Use Kayak.com to check fares but the best deals usually come up on Southwest. You will not be able to book September until probably May-ish, but the savings is worth the wait.

I have been flying to Orlando from Buffalo since 2001 and have used Southwest four times with fares as low as $115 and a high fare of $138. I have also used Delta three times with fares under $170.

The other advantage of Southwest is the daily non-stops to Orlando from Buffalo as well as their efficiency as an airline.

buffalogirl
12-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Another vote for Southwest. We travelled late Nov/early Dec. We flew on Wednesdays for the cheapest rates. Less than $146. per person, roundtrip ,including taxes. Great flight times.

Enjoy your trip.

2Princes2Princesses
12-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Hey annie! I am flying out the same day as you, 1/13. The 7 pm out of BUF to get to my cruise on Sunday morning! :banana:

anniem923
12-27-2006, 07:22 AM
Hey annie! I am flying out the same day as you, 1/13. The 7 pm out of BUF to get to my cruise on Sunday morning! :banana:

Hi Steph!
We are going out on the 7:20 am flight. Have a great trip! A cruise sounds fun.
Anne

2Princes2Princesses
12-27-2006, 08:20 AM
You too!! Good vibes for good weather for the 13th!! :goodvibes

I couldn't believe we had snow this morning! :)

anniem923
12-27-2006, 08:32 AM
You too!! Good vibes for good weather for the 13th!! :goodvibes

I couldn't believe we had snow this morning! :)

Good vibes also for the weather in Orlando and for your cruise. :goodvibes :goodvibes

We have a dusting here this morning in Olean but all in all we've had a great winter, so far. Let's hope it stays that way!
Anne