PDA

View Full Version : How early do shuttles run?

sukhakuli
12-25-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm finally getting around to booking our flights for our trip the seocnd week in January. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. :rolleyes1 How early will a shuttle be able to pick us up and take us to and from the airport? I don't want to park my car at the airport for 2 weeks, so ideally I want a shuttle that provides car seats. The flights I want both leave at 6 am, can we get a shuttle at about 5 am or earlier?

DebbieB
12-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Are you talking about a shuttle from home to the airport or from the airport to WDW? The WDW shuttles run 24 hours.

CleveRocks
12-25-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm finally getting around to booking our flights for our trip the seocnd week in January. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. :rolleyes1 How early will a shuttle be able to pick us up and take us to and from the airport? I don't want to park my car at the airport for 2 weeks, so ideally I want a shuttle that provides car seats. The flights I want both leave at 6 am, can we get a shuttle at about 5 am or earlier?

Are you talking about from your home to your home airport? if so, we all have no idea where you're flying from, so we really can't help you.

Are you talking about from MCO to your Disney resort, and then from your Disney resort back to MCO? In that case, if you're talking about the free Disney-provided transportation, then you're talking about Disney's Magical Express (DME). DME is a 24/7 operation. It is rides on large motorcoaches (like plush, clean Greyhound buses). Car seats are not permitted on such buses, because there are no seat belts to secure them. Same with Disney Transport buses, the buses you take to get between the resort and the theme parks.

sukhakuli
12-25-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm talking about regular old shuttles you book. We're staying at SOG. Is it ridiculous to think that they would be running at 5 am? I only have had one experience with a shuttle years ago and it was a flat out nightmare, so I am completely clueless about the whole thing.

CleveRocks
12-25-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm talking about regular old shuttles you book. We're staying at SOG. Is it ridiculous to think that they would be running at 5 am? I only have had one experience with a shuttle years ago and it was a flat out nightmare, so I am completely clueless about the whole thing.

Well, since you're staying at SOG, you aren't eligible for DME. I can't imagine there's a commercial shuttle service around that would NOT serve flights scheduled at ANY time. But if your flight leaves at 6 AM, you don't want to leave SOG at 5 AM. It's a GOOD 30 minutes to the airport, and flights start boarding 30 minutes before departure, you're not leaving time for walking, checking in, etc. Besides, if you have checked luggage, I'm pretty sure most airlines have a 45-minute cut-off for checked luggage.

I can't imagine that any commercial shuttle service will agree to pick you up only 60 minutes before your flight. if you insist on cutting it so unwisely close, you'll have to get a taxi.

Edd
12-25-2006, 07:31 PM
To tell you the truth. I wouldn't trust a shuttle pick up that early in the morning. You are better off contacting a car service or taxi for your trip back to MCO. There are numerous good companies that will be able to help you out.

kaytieeldr
12-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Okay, it appears the OP is asking about transportation between her/his home and her/his local airport.

If this is the case, you would NEED to locate and contact shuttle services in your area for the information you seek - rates, times, equipment availability, etc.

You could also investigate renting a car near your home and dropping it off at the airport, then reverse the process on your return.

You could look into livery (aka town car) services in your area, as well; in addition, you might consider a taxi in each direction.

For information on ANY of the above, at least as a starting point, Google your airport's website and look for a Transportation link.

--

If, as others here surmise, you are seeking information about traveling between MCO and Shades of Green, take the advice of the other experts who've responded - consider a taxi, town car, SUV, or other hired-and-prescheduled transportation, especially for your return to MCO.