PDA

View Full Version : Question for you central Fl natives...

goofy4tink
12-21-2006, 06:04 AM
Here's the scenario.....ds is getting married in Tampa, late January. I will be at WDW for the few days preceeding the wedding weekend. My oldest dd will be in Cocoa Beach with her dad, step-mom and her roommate, at the end of their vacation. They have to drive the roommate to MCO in order to catch a late afternoon flight back to Boston on Sat, the 27th. I want to leave Orlando by 9 a.m. and head over to Tampa for the wedding fun. But....older dd wants to go too, but her dad/step-mom want to head to Melbourne to visit with dad's brother before the wedding, and then head over to Tampa on Sunday morning...day of said wedding.
My question is this....is there someplace, convenient, that I could meet up with my ex and grab dd and take her to Tampa with us on Sat, around noon? Yes, the roommate would have to spend a bit more time at the airport, but that's not my problem. I just don't really want to drive all the way to either MCO or Cocoa Beach from WDW. I'm looking for someplace that might be closer to me at WDW but sort of close to the route they would be taking to Melbourne. Any thoughts???? This sure would be easier if they just dropped the roommate at the airport and kept going west to Tampa, rather than spend a night with someone they see all the time anyway!!!

ducklite
12-21-2006, 06:13 AM
Cocoa to Melbourne is a straight shot on A1A or I-95, less than a 20 minute drive between the two. Disney World is completely out of the way from both locations. The airport is actually about the mid-point between either coastal city and WDW.

Why don't they just visit the brother during the week, it's not like it's three hours out of the way.

I'd just drive over to Cocoa and pick up your daughter and avoid the drama. It's only a littl over an hour.

Anne

goofy4tink
12-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah, visiting the brother later would make sense, wouldn't it??!!! So, if I meet them over in Cocoa Beach, what's the best route to get to Tampa...Oldsmar to be more exact. I knew you'ld have an answer Anne!!

ducklite
12-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Yeah, visiting the brother later would make sense, wouldn't it??!!! So, if I meet them over in Cocoa Beach, what's the best route to get to Tampa...Oldsmar to be more exact. I knew you'ld have an answer Anne!!

The only way that makes sense is Beeline (528) to I-4 West.

Anne

safetymom
12-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Best way to get to Tampa is I-4. I think Anne was referring to Cocoa.

goofy4tink
12-21-2006, 09:51 AM
That's what I figured. I'm hoping the ex decides to drop off the roommate on Sat at MCO and then drive right to Tampa/Oldsmar and check in somewhere. As it stands now, I'm going to have to go up to MCO to get my dd, and drive her with us to Tampa, and the ex will head to Melbourne. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!
Thanks for the insights you guys...I knew the central Floridians would have the info I needed. And rest assured, I won't be speeding anywhere!!!!

ducklite
12-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Best way to get to Tampa is I-4. I think Anne was referring to Cocoa.

Yes, I was thinking if she went to Cocoa to pick up her daughter, taking the 528 to I-4 to get there would be most logical.

From WDW I'd probably take Western Way to the 429 to I-4.

Anne