PDA

View Full Version : Air Tran's Good Customer service

jphilhower
12-21-2006, 06:45 AM
I called Air Tran to change my flight on May 3. I wanted a earlier flight since they moved my orginal flight back by a hour. I was willing to pay the extra money to for the earlier flight. But the customer service rep changed my flight to the earlier one at no charge because of the orginal flight being changed. I think that's great now we will be in Orlando by 10:00 am with extra time at WDW to enjoy.

keishashadow
12-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Actually, they were just responding to the rules & regs they set.

If they move your flight you have the right to a full refund (if you paid in cash)

and a flight change if you used a voucher (although you are bound by the original voucher expiration date.

Just be aware, I book as soon as the schedule opens up for travel (anywhere from 6 - 7 months ahead of time) and have had departure times change nearly 10 times; and even be cancelled entirely.

Said has happened up to 1 week prior. Suggest you keep checking the site for schedule. They're not reliable as to sending the email changes, although they insist they do.

Why do I continue to subject myself to this treatment?

*dirt cheap prices
*nice, newer planes
*fantastic CC reward program tie-in

Life is a series of trade offs lol, enjoy your trip.

lost*in*cyberspace
12-21-2006, 04:24 PM
But the customer service rep changed my flight to the earlier one at no charge because of the orginal flight being changed.

As stated, this is what they were supposed to do.

mrstbalt
02-16-2007, 05:41 PM
We just booked with Airtran...we have never flown with them, but I haven't read anything negative yet.

REL1203
02-22-2007, 12:28 PM
how does AirTrans seating work? I know with coach, its not reserved seating.. Is it all literally first come seat where you like? or like South West with lettered sections of people?

cbrfan
02-22-2007, 01:22 PM
how does AirTrans seating work? I know with coach, its not reserved seating.. Is it all literally first come seat where you like? or like South West with lettered sections of people?

Webfare and discount coach can book their seats online starting at 24 hours before departure.

DeadHead
02-22-2007, 03:42 PM
REL1203 with Airtran you can sign on to their web page 24 hours in advance of your departure and select your seats. I have never found this to be a problem with out flights from PHL to MCO. Have a good trip.