PDA

View Full Version : JetBlue Summer fares

Steven'sMom
12-21-2006, 05:49 AM
I just noticed that on Kayak JetBlue has the summer fares posted. I just booked for August 2007 for $207.00 roundtrip from BOS to MCO!!! :cool1: :banana:

minster22
12-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks for posting but I just went on Kayak and JetBlue is not coming up. I have been checking both JetBlue and Kayak several times daily.....did you just enter for JetBlue, nonstops and hints on how you did it??

minster22
12-21-2006, 07:31 AM
OK just went back on Kayak and found JetBlues fares....they were so high that they were at the bottom of the list!!!!!....$619 roundtrip from Bos to Mco for my June dates and my return flight for May is $300 also. Gotta wait for those to come down!!!!

pooksma
12-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Booked round trip from Bangor to MCO on Delta for 236 taxes in.

Jeanne B
12-21-2006, 08:48 AM
I wonder why you can pull their summer fares up on kayak but if you go directly to the JB website you can't pull anything up beyond Apr 07?

I'm looking for airfare to CA next June and I'm getting a one-way rate from BOS to LGB for $129 plus taxes and that seems like a very good rate although I had originally planned on flying MHT to SNA with Southwest since SNA is less than 10 miles from my sisters place (LGB is about 22 miles away). Is anybody familiar with airfare to CA?? I'm wondering if I should hold out for Southwest, the lowest rate I'm seeing on SW right now is $109 but I don't think that's a sale fare.

Maxwell
12-21-2006, 10:00 AM
I looked at May as well and was 617. That seems to be how it works. When they initially load them they are way high and then they drop back to more reasonable levels either that day or shortly there afer and before you can book on JetBlue.com

Jeanne B
12-21-2006, 01:14 PM
I went ahead and booked a one-way for Jun 07 from BOS to Long Beach, CA....$140 including taxes AND it's a direct flight!! :thumbsup2 I was planning on us flying from MHT on SW but we would have had a layover so I'm thrilled, and even though we normally fly SW I love JetBlue, looking forward to the seatback tv's on that long flight to CA. :teeth: And hopefully the fare will drop in the coming months so I can get a credit towards our return flight (we're flying to PHX, spending a week in Sedona and flying PHX to BOS).

OP, thanks for posting this!!

TheWho
12-21-2006, 03:46 PM
I went to WDW last July and I thought I booked by now (Newark to MCO). I'm going again this July and I can't get past April '07. It just seems strange. I use to book Song a good 8 months in advance.

deedeetoo
12-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Going through kayak my flight out in June is listed as $299. The fllight back the first week in July is at $124. I'm wondering if I should just book the flight back and hope that the other one comes down. I am also wondering why I can't get past April on the Jet Blue site.

Mickiethepooh
12-21-2006, 05:30 PM
I just noticed that on Kayak JetBlue has the summer fares posted. I just booked for August 2007 for $207.00 roundtrip from BOS to MCO!!! :cool1: :banana:

I have been checking for days and weeks and they have not yet opened beyond April and it still comes up the same thing now. pirate:

Jeanne B
12-21-2006, 06:02 PM
I have been checking for days and weeks and they have not yet opened beyond April and it still comes up the same thing now. pirate:

I got there through the kayak.com link, I was surprised to see it take me back to the jetblue website when it came time to book. It processed fine and I have my confirmation number.

I wonder if expedia, sidestep or any of the other sites are listing JB fares, I haven't checked. I'm assuming JB will be extending their booking schedule soon if they're starting to release them through kayak and others.

cindala
12-21-2006, 07:05 PM
I went to WDW last July and I thought I booked by now (Newark to MCO). I'm going again this July and I can't get past April '07. It just seems strange. I use to book Song a good 8 months in advance.

I booked our airfare about two weeks ago out of LaGuardia on Delta for $219 RT. This is a direct flight into MCO the July 4th week. I thought given the price of oil and it being a major holiday week that was a decent price so I grabbed it. princess:

nyfinfan
12-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Wow. I never heard of Kayak.com and i thought i was savvy. I'm checking Jetblue 10 times a day and who knows how long May Dates have been available. That is so weird. Oh well, I'm booked. :sunny:

Jeanne B
12-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Wow. I never heard of Kayak.com and i thought i was savvy. I'm checking Jetblue 10 times a day and who knows how long May Dates have been available. That is so weird. Oh well, I'm booked. :sunny:

www.sidestep.com is another good one to check.

I'm glad I purchased our tickets to CA earlier today because they're now $30 higher!!

nyfinfan
12-21-2006, 09:41 PM
www.sidestep.com is another good one to check.

I'm glad I purchased our tickets to CA earlier today because they're now $30 higher!!

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

deedeetoo
12-21-2006, 09:45 PM
I get so stressed buying air tickets. After finding Jet blue tickets for our dates at $440 RT, I checked Delta again. They have dropped quite a bit since last week. I can now get $217 RT from Boston (same as last year). I hate flying Delta. After last year I said I would never do it again, but I have a hard time passing on that fare. I'm calling my Mom first thing in the morning to confirm that she will be joining us and then I think I'm booking. I'd rather fly Jet Blue but not if their prices are that high.

minster22
12-21-2006, 10:49 PM
If you really want to fly JetBlue you may want to wait a little bit. Last time they did this with the airfares being released on kayak.com first, they started out really high also.After flying with JetBlue and loving their planes and the ease of having a credit to your account I could never go back to Delta. Plus I never feel secure that Delta is not going to change my flight time or go from a non stop to who knows what.I feel very confident that the fares will be back down in the "normal"range within a short period of time.

minster22
12-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Just went on kayak.com....my May 11 fare is already down to $99 from the $299 early this am......check yours again!!!! I buying mine now!!!!! Good luck everyone!!!(deedeetoo....the roundtrip fare is $217 same as Delta!!)

deedeetoo
12-21-2006, 11:05 PM
OK. I just checked again. Jet Blue is now down to $317 RT. Its dropped more than $100 in the past 2 hours but still $100 more than Delta. I'll wait a a little longer to see if it will drop the whole way.

I've only flown Jet Blue once but we loved it. I really would rather fly them again.

5champs
12-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Hi we are looking to take a trip in August of 2007 and can't pull up any other dates past April 2007 through Jet Blue. So I went to the Kayak.com website and saw that I could book this date and got the flight numbers and the times for this flight. When I go to book it it brings me to the JetBlue Website. But I felt a little leary of doing this since on the REAL JetBlue website you can only book through April 2007. So I called JetBLue and told them what I was trying to do through Kayak. She said they only have flights that go up to April 2007 and she never heard of Kayak and it sounds suspicious that you can give your credit card number to them. Has anyone ever used this website to book theri flights in the past? I really want to book our flight since it is a great fare but I am not sure about this website and Jet BLue seems to know nothing about it. Thanks :surfweb:

deedeetoo
12-22-2006, 10:12 AM
This is interesting. Is kayak really redirecting you to the jetblue site or is it sending you to a look-a-like scam site that is collecting credit card info. Something is not right here.

snowbunny
12-22-2006, 10:22 AM
This is interesting. Is kayak really redirecting you to the jetblue site or is it sending you to a look-a-like scam site that is collecting credit card info. Something is not right here.

Again....Kayak is a search engine. The "buy" link takes you to JetBlue to book, a few days before they update their own public website. It's not a scam, I've done it this way.

Jeanne B
12-22-2006, 11:25 AM
JetBlue rates are also available on www.sidestep.com which is another search engine like kayak.

As I said in a previous post, I suspect JetBlue will be extending their fares on their website very soon (without having to go through a search engine link).

InstImpres
12-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Strangley enough if I go to JetBlue.com, I can get flights much further out on the home page. When I go to a saved link i have for them which is JetBlueairways.com it only goes to April.

JESW
12-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Jet Blue is now listing through September! :thumbsup2