PDA

View Full Version : Airport Parking

bsandersjr
12-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Does anybody have any tips etc. about parking your car at the airport?

I'm sure it's pretty easy, but have never done this before and am a little nervous.. We (5 Adults) will be going to Disney for 9 days in January and are considering taking our Tahoe to the airport and parking there at Park N Fly or something like that..

Our flight departs at 11:30am. I'm not sure how much earlier we should get there to allow for dropping the car off and then getting shuttled to the airport? Also, do you think the cars are pretty safe in these lots?

PlutoPony
12-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Write down the lot number/row number of where your car is parked and the shuttle stop number (and remember where you wrote it down ;) )! It's easier to forget than you think, and wandering an airport parking lot towing luggage is not fun...

As for security of your vehicle, it really depends on your particular airport so check around with friends in your area. We park at Dulles regularly and have never had a problem. You may get a better rate at a Park n Fly, give yourself maybe a half hour to park the car and shuttle in. Definitely put everything of value out of sight, make sure it's locked, etc.

Have a good trip :thumbsup2

OKW Lover
12-20-2006, 09:32 AM
From your location, I'm guessing you are flying out of MSY. The off-airport lots are pretty close so I wouldn't worry too much about extra time getting there.

The best tip I can suggest is to first drive up to the departing passenger area and drop off your luggage and the rest of your party. Use curb-side check-in if at all possible. Then you (alone) drive over to the parking lot and take their shuttle back to the terminal.

On the return home, do this in reverse. One of you take the shuttle to get the car, while the others get the luggage. Then drive up to the arriving passenger area to get everybody and the bags.

bsandersjr
12-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the tips!

Yes, we are flying out of MSY.

I would have never thought of dropping the luggage off first.. We're going to have alot.. We will definitely write down the lot number also.. Great Tips!

:thumbsup2