PDA

View Full Version : Sorry...Yet Another Magical Express Clarification

mtrak17
12-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi :wave2:

We're leaving in a couple weeks and I was double-checking how ME works. Everything seems clear, except I have a few questions, if anyone would be willing to answer?

1. I am presently deciding between taking ME from MCO to the resort or taking a towncar service. If I schedule ME (from MCO to resort), and then don't show up, does that negatively affect anyone else or hold anyone up? I'm assuming that they would not hold the bus for people and that it would not matter if I was booked and then didn't show up? (I already have my ME luggage tags, but I need to call in my flight information).

2. We WILL be using ME on the return from the resort to MCO (again, I have luggage tags). I thought I noticed on the little DIS "information" board a few weeks ago that there were changes to how this return trip worked, but I can't figure out what changed recently?

Thank you!! :goodvibes

IlovePiglet
12-19-2006, 07:41 PM
It won't hold anybody up but if you know ahead of time you're not going to be using DME it's always best to let them know.
You don't need luggage tags on the trip back to OIA. If you're flying one of the airlines that offers resort check in service you may be able to take advantage of that, otherwise just bring your bags to the bus and the driver will load them on the bus and return them to you at the airport.

mtrak17
12-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Thank you!! :wizard:

Lewisc
12-19-2006, 07:48 PM
If you use the yellow bar coded luggage tags and don't check in at the DME desk, you take a towncar or rental car to get from MCO to WDW, it's not clear what happens to your luggage. Officially your luggage will remain at MCO but there is anecdotal evidence that your luggage will still be transported to WDW.

mtrak17
12-19-2006, 08:04 PM
If you use the yellow bar coded luggage tags and don't check in at the DME desk, you take a towncar or rental car to get from MCO to WDW, it's not clear what happens to your luggage. Officially your luggage will remain at MCO but there is anecdotal evidence that your luggage will still be transported to WDW.

:teeth: I don't plan on using the yellow tags in any event on the "to resort" ride (even if we take ME) - I think I'll take my own bags onto the bus, so I have them right away, but thank you for making sure I didn't do something stupid! :wave:

Lewisc
12-20-2006, 08:53 AM
:teeth: I don't plan on using the yellow tags in any event on the "to resort" ride (even if we take ME) - I think I'll take my own bags onto the bus, so I have them right away, but thank you for making sure I didn't do something stupid! :wave:

I'm not saying it's stupid. There are several knowledgeable people who insist all yellow tagged luggage goes directly to WDW even if the guest never checks in a the DME desk. I'd call it a little risky.

seashoreCM
12-20-2006, 10:10 AM
It requires additional proactive effort and labor to not send yellow tagged luggage to Disney until the guest checks in at the welcoming area.

It is unclear whether Disney expends this effort and labor to prevent the unauthorized removal from the airport of luggage belonging to a now non-Disney passenger who failed to remove old tags from his luggage.

I'd call it a little risky.
But the immediate preceding is still true.