PDA

View Full Version : New National Coupon got my rental to a new low! UPDATE AFTER RENTAL

Janed
12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
I started looking for an 8 day rental for early January in August and settled with Dollar sometime in September. The total then was $235. I got it down to $218 in October or November. Then National came out with coupons. I used the $40.00 ecoupon from National, coupled with the BJs code and it was down to $185. Today I got an email from National which has a link to a $25.00 'Happy Holiday' coupon (ND6102NJC). I revised my reservation and the new coupon was accepted.

So, now I will use the Emerald Aisle for an 8 day rental totalling $156.50! :banana: I'm feeling quite pleased with myself, and still hoping for another deal.

The main concern I have is that the Dollar rental was for a full size car. EA will only guarantee an intermediate. 4 of us are going. If you've used a National intermediate, I'd love to hear what you think about 4 adults in an intermediate.

UPDATE: The clerk at the Emerald Aisle gate was unable to give me the coupons. She suggested I check at the counter when I dropped off the car. I did so and was given the price in the confirmation email. It only took a few minutes and saved $70.00. (I had found additional discounts after the original posting. The total cost was $135.00 for 8 days)

What I came to believe is that you can use 2 coupons at National as long as the email confirmation lists both of them as discount coupon accepted and if you are willing to go to the counter
Good luck!

TLH1977
12-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Janed..could you post the codes you used for national. I need a rental for April and want to check out the rate they give me with your codes. I wouldnt worry to much about the size of your car...if you have EA you are guarenteed atleast that size but could find bigger like an SUV, hope this helps!

jennib5426
12-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Please post the BJ code for the discount.
The AMX one we always use doesn't seem to be working for 2007.

Thanks

Janed
12-19-2006, 08:36 PM
The coupon codes are the same as on Mousesavers. BJs code for National is 5000554. Actually, all the Contract Codes are on the BJs website. I'm not sure if you have to show your BJs membership card @ National.

One thing. Even though I got a confirmation email from National, when I tried to log back in to my reservation I got an error code. I'm wondering whether I will have trouble using both coupons when we pick up the car.

Good luck.

hercamore
12-19-2006, 11:08 PM
You can use two coupons with National?

herc.

lizziepooh
12-20-2006, 12:18 AM
I thought they would only accept one coupon.

AllyBri
12-20-2006, 12:40 AM
I thought they would only accept one coupon.

You're correct, one coupon.

Unless you have signed up for their free days, these coupons you can use more then one.

Hef4545
12-20-2006, 06:01 AM
I just tried to book with the $40.00 coupon and it said capacity reach for that promotion. It may have just been for the time frame I was going.

Ambassador
12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Many times promotions and codes cannot be combined. The small print terms and conditions usually define this fact right up front. We discovered this at the counter on one trip, much to our chagrin; the risk is that both promotion rates may be unavailable at that time.

Janed
01-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Update bump!